Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US (25993 Views)

Croatia Clinch 3-1 Victory Over France To Win Davis Cup / World Cup; Lionel Messi's Wife Reacts After Argentina's Victory Over Nigeria. / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Argentina's incredible penalty shootout victory over France in the World Cup Final was the most watched men's soccer game in the United States.

Lionel Messi and Co., who returned home Tuesday, overcame the defending champions 4-2 on penalty kicks following a breathtaking 3-3 draw after 120 minutes on Sunday.

And 25.78 million viewers tuned into the thrilling encounter in the United States as 16.78m watched FOX Sports' coverage while nine million fixed their eyes on the spectacle via Telemundo, streamed on Peacock.

Prior to Sunday's showdown, Brazil's penalty shootout win over Italy in the 1994 World Cup was the most watched men's soccer match in America with 14.5m people taking it in.

GoaT effect

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11559061/amp/Argentinas-World-Cup-victory-France-watched-mens-soccer-game-US.html

28 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Slawomirr: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Of course the world wants to watch the little boy from rosario Argentina santa fe

Messiiiiii....I swear when France equalise

I almost died.....my heart almost jumped out of my chest..I lost strength...instant fever and malaria was upon me

But football ehnnn...na one kind funny game...he go be like arrangee....ball way France nor see play for 80 minutes...so suddenly after 80 minutes them begin dey play ball like wizard
The warey coach dey remove di maria.....that coach ehnn nor be small thing you be want do me o...

239 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Flysinglemom(f): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
That of ladies is still slightly higher

5 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by abc115: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
God Bless Messi

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Messi is fifa's fraud

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Decentdave(m): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Like for MESSI share for Mbappe

219 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Aldebaran(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2022
This World Cup is just setting records... grin

And Penaldo's sister says it is the 'Worst' grin

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by kingamaa(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2022
A classic

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by gurunlocker: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
grin

I've been seeing Pendulian fans wailing since Sunday... You don't know anything, you guys just dey start.

Una show Messi fans pepper from 2014-2021, now you want Messi fans to appreciate them both grin grin

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:
Messi is fifa's fraud

Am sure that if someone came and told you that you obtained your degrees and certificates by fraud...you would deny it. You worked hard for it.

So also did Messi and the argentine team. They won because they worked their asses off, spent time away from their familes, woke up at 3 am in the morning just to run 15 miles before the sun rises because coach says they slow, avoid eating and drinking certain foods that you enjoy well because the team nutritionist suddenly woke up and said that if they eat one grain of rice, their performance will diminish by 20%, and in some instances had to move away from what they knew because 'carreer'.

Argentina won because they were the best side.

Before you start, I am not an Argentina fan, all my fave countries did not even reach semifinal. And I am not into penaldo vs messi because soldier come, soldier go, barracks remain.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Risingblue008(m): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
Gd
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by MimiSheWrote(f): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
They tuned in to see the GOAT.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Kenmatt(m): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
OP caption it rightly; "Argentina vs France" and not "Argentina's victory over France"
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by bobobenz: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
ALL FOR MESSI THE GOAT

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by beejay509(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
All eyes must witness the crowning of the GOAT of all goats

The one who has completed football

The one and only true king

The one whose name cannot be uttered along side upcoming small goat and jobless old goat ( last time I checked he don dey resemble pig)

Lionel Messi (The God of football)

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by MasterShifu010(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Rigged competition
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Owaincouncil: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
But they are not good at playing the game. I mean The USA itself

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by wiseone28: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Wow i thought US don't watch soccer?

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:
Messi is fifa's fraud
the pain is real but you can do better

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by gurunlocker: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:
Messi is fifa's fraud

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by kanicorp9(m): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
nice

veda below is the most view recruitment site in nigeria too
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Pinterest: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
S
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Babars: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Wow
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Aify147(m): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Enough of this football thing, let’s ficus on our forthcoming elections.
Hit like for Obi and share for tinubu

37 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
I do derive inspiration from the life and success of the Champions in which Lionel Messi's achievement is one.

After so many years of attempts, he didn't get it so easily, he didn't get it on the first attempt, he didn't get it on the platter of gold.

He didn't give up on the pursuit and nature was kind enough to respond accordingly.

I celebrate the success of Champions and i salute their courage; I take it as wake up call.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
wiseone28:
Wow i thought US don't watch soccer?
Goat effect, there was a massive crowd in Miami after the match, I was surprised. I watched the video clip on YouTube

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Honchoslim16(m): 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ronaldo fans are seeing whole lotta pepper

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Moh247: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
cool

Streaming money for FifaTv

Big time cashout

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Gangster1ms: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
You mean the staged tournament?

Never before had a team been awarded so many penalties at a WC. Always at key moments. Always controversial. No red cards despite being a volatile, combative team. Officials rarely penalised clinical fouls. Often the opponent destabilised after having such decisions against.

Going into the tournament there was a wave of support and a bandwagon for Messi to win the WC. It even played in the minds of opposition players who had been fed the narrative LM has to be a Champion or it upsets everyone. The propaganda was unavoidable as it was everywhere.

There's a rule which states Messi cannot be booked, let alone sent off. Yet any contact in winning a ball against Messi is a foul. A firm challenge will be cautioned. Etc. The most protected player ever. Because of this figure referees were reluctant to make calls against Argentina.

During the tournament Messi shamelessly dived, feigned injury; belittled and disrespected players and coaches right infront of them. LVG is an old man who had radiation therapy for cancer. He chanted radical songs in dressing room. Moaned at referees.

Yet never any criticism.

Maradona won his World Cup with solo runs against Belgium and England not getting a penalty per game without doing anything.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by JustANairlander(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:
Messi is fifa's fraud
sad stop being an hypocrite, you not gonna cap this nonsense, if portugal had won the wc
CLUELESS PENALDIAN

31 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ancelotti Couldn't Help Italy, Not Fit To Be Brazil Coach - President Lula / Man City May Lose Key Players Including Guardiola If They Win The UCL / Tokyo2020 Olympics Disqualification: Okagbare Slams Sports Administrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.