Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US (26035 Views)

Croatia Clinch 3-1 Victory Over France To Win Davis Cup / World Cup; Lionel Messi's Wife Reacts After Argentina's Victory Over Nigeria. / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by wiseone28: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
Goat effect, there was a massive crowd in Miami after the match, I was surprised. I watched the video clip on YouTube
But some people were claiming nobody in the US give a shít about Messi and Ronaldo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Gangster1ms:

you still get mind to dey book space on Messi's thread, I understand the space na for your tears...make I bring bucket... Lmao

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by abc115: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
Aify147:
Enough of this football thing, let’s ficus on our forthcoming elections.
Hit like for Obi and share for tinubu

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
JustANairlander:
sad stop being an hypocrite, you not gonna cap this nonsense, if portugal had won the wc
CLUELESS PENALDIAN
Truth is bitter,check the Netherland match, Croatia and d rest.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
wiseone28:
But some people were claiming nobody in the US give a shít about Messi and Ronaldo
don't mind em Dem no Sabi anything, you can check the video on YouTube... Miami USA, it was a massive crowd like BLM...I was shocked....
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by PhonesNG: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kitotrechsonyre:
K
Nlfpmod rule 1
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
the pain is real but you can do better
Truth is bitter
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Am sure that if someone came and told you that you obtained your degrees and certificates by fraud...you would deny it. You worked hard for it.

So also did Messi and the argentine team. They won because they worked their asses off, spent time away from their familes, woke up at 3 am in the morning just to run 15 miles before the sun rises because coach says they slow, avoid eating and drinking certain foods that you enjoy well because the team nutritionist suddenly woke up and said that if they eat one grain of rice, their performance will diminish by 20%, and in some instances had to move away from what they knew because 'carreer'.

Argentina won because they were the best side.

Before you start, I am not an Argentina fan, all my fave countries did not even reach semifinal. And I am not into penaldo vs messi because soldier come, soldier go, barracks remain.
Kindly add and was assisted by ref and fifa on subsequent games

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Karleb(m): 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
Just 25 million.
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by gambojimeta: 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
The Messi effect. Messi is quite popular in North America. It's not uncommon to find Messi branded kids adidas soccer boots at sport across sport stores.

The Americans that watched the game will also be wondering why the French team had so many back players despite France been an European country grin.

Hopefully, we get to see this Team B young lads again at the next Euro or World cup. They gave Argentina a lot of trouble.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by wiseone28: 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
don't mind em Dem no Sabi anything, you can check the video on YouTube... Miami USA, it was a massive crowd like BLM...I was shocked....
Chai one eye man is king in the kingdom of the blind
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:

Kindly add that someone gave you expo to pass all your exams too...and you got your SSCE at a special center...

4 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
wiseone28:
Chai one eye man is king in the kingdom of the blind
cry harder, YouTube is your friend, but I guess you won't be able to stream cos na 50mb daily data you dey use

5 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Mattkid: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ronaldo fans are hypocrites..........I could remember when they use to insult and abuse Messi to go and win a national trophy for his country,they no let us hear word since 2014 to 2021........they even used it to conclude that Ronaldo is better than Messi........now they want messi fans to keep quiet and not troll them after Argentina won the world cup........... Ronaldo fans tears the give me extreme joy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by CityBoy17: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
Gangster1ms:
You mean the staged tournament?

Never before had a team been awarded so many penalties at a WC. Always at key moments. Always controversial. No red cards despite being a volatile, combative team. Officials rarely penalised clinical fouls. Often the opponent destabilised after having such decisions against.

I love your tears bro... Cry harder

Going into the tournament there was a wave of support and a bandwagon for Messi to win the WC. It even played in the minds of opposition players who had been fed the narrative LM has to be a Champion or it upsets everyone. The propaganda was unavoidable as it was everywhere.

There's a rule which states Messi cannot be booked, let alone sent off. Yet any contact in winning a ball against Messi is a foul. A firm challenge will be cautioned. Etc. The most protected player ever. Because of this figure referees were reluctant to make calls against Argentina.

During the tournament Messi shamelessly dived, feigned injury; belittled and disrespected players and coaches right infront of them. LVG is an old man who had radiation therapy for cancer. He chanted radical songs in dressing room. Moaned at referees.

Yet never any criticism.

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by JustANairlander(m): 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:

Truth is bitter,check the Netherland match, Croatia and d rest.
pointless, they lost the matches because their opponent won by merit, you didn't cap this shit when Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia, did you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by wiseone28: 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
cry harder, YouTube is your friend, but I guess you won't be able to stream cos na 50mb daily data you dey use
How? i mean people sabi lie about something..

But you have clarify it.
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by MuMuOnBail: 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
na wa ooo

As a kpekus psychologist let me explain what is wrong with Penaldo fan boys

They suffered from SHOCK when Argentina won.

Second, they couldn't BELIEVE it, so they started comparing Mbappe with Messi.

Third, they switched to total CONFUSION, bringing fake statistics and foolish analysis.

Fourth, They downgraded the world cup and calling it fixed, fake and rigged to Argentina favour.

Fifth, they fell into DEPRESSION, when they find out that everything was real.

Six, they all committed Mass SUICIDE

Seven, We Messi Fans happily went to their burial.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by alobright17(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:
Messi is fifa's fraud
Yes that's why Holland and France can't score Pk.

Fifa told France and Holland players never to win the game.

Fifa told Argentina Kepper where to dive for the pk.

Sense has left you pendu fans.

23 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Streetmovement(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

god's of football
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Anticrime77: 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
GOAT

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by alobright17(m): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Decentdave:
Like for MESSI share for Mbappe

Of course pendu fans will jump to participate but this like and share won't dash world cup trophy to Clubless pendu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by IfnobeGod20: 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Of course the world wants to watch the little boy from rosario Argentina santa fe

Messiiiiii....I swear when France equalise

I almost died.....my heart almost jumped out of my chest..I lost strength...instant fever and malaria was upon me

But football ehnnn...na one kind funny game...he go be like arrangee....ball way France nor see play for 80 minutes...so suddenly after 80 minutes them begin dey play ball like wizard
It wasn't their fault, Argentina seat back too long. If they had continued in the rhythm of the first half, France would have had it hot. They hold on to the ball than France and that would have been their added advantage but they could not maximize it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Flysinglemom:
That of ladies is still slightly higher
hi angel
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
wiseone28:
Wow i thought US don't watch soccer?

They do. Fox has channels that show the EPL in the US, and other big European leagues. The MLS, the US domestic league, also has a large fanbase, and their matches can be watched on ESPN.

It's not like the 1980's when things were at an all time low. Hosting the 1994 world cup helped. A lot. Also, building a player base for the game from the roots up too was good.
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Decentdave(m): 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
alobright17:

Of course pendu fans will jump to participate but this like and share won't dash world cup trophy to Clubless pendu.
lol grin
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by gambojimeta: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
Goat effect, there was a massive crowd in Miami after the match, I was surprised. I watched the video clip on YouTube
Latinos were supporting Argentina for obvious reasons.
From LA to NY to Miami.

If Morocco has reached the final, Africa would have recorded a record view as well.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Pinterest: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
zeusdgrt:

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by osazuwa23: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
most controversial worldcup i ever watched that was decided by refs untill pk kicks. if no penalty were given to both teams france win this easy
AImiron:
Argentina's incredible penalty shootout victory over France in the World Cup Final was the most watched men's soccer game in the United States.

Lionel Messi and Co., who returned home Tuesday, overcame the defending champions 4-2 on penalty kicks following a breathtaking 3-3 draw after 120 minutes on Sunday.

And 25.78 million viewers tuned into the thrilling encounter in the United States as 16.78m watched FOX Sports' coverage while nine million fixed their eyes on the spectacle via Telemundo, streamed on Peacock.

Prior to Sunday's showdown, Brazil's penalty shootout win over Italy in the 1994 World Cup was the most watched men's soccer match in America with 14.5m people taking it in.

GoaT effect

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11559061/amp/Argentinas-World-Cup-victory-France-watched-mens-soccer-game-US.html

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by AImiron: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kobonaire234:

They do. Fox has channels that show the EPL in the US, and other big European leagues. The MLS, the US domestic league, also has a large fanbase, and their matches can be watched on ESPN.

It's not like the 1980's when things were at an all time low. Hosting the 1994 world cup helped. A lot. Also, building a player base for the game from the roots up too was good.
beinSports shows French ligue one matches in USA....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best And Worst Of Nigerian Footballers Abroad / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / Mauricio Pochettino Wants Wilfred Ndidi At PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.