Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,408 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US (26037 Views)

Croatia Clinch 3-1 Victory Over France To Win Davis Cup / World Cup; Lionel Messi's Wife Reacts After Argentina's Victory Over Nigeria. / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by blowjohn(m): 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
Owaincouncil:
But they are not good at playing the game. I mean The USA itself

U wey dey follow politics, u sabi play politics?
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Owaincouncil:
But they are not good at playing the game. I mean The USA itself

USA is not very good...but they are better than they were in 1994.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by PrincessofDSS(f): 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Of course the world wants to watch the little boy from rosario Argentina santa fe

Messiiiiii....I swear when France equalise

I almost died.....my heart almost jumped out of my chest..I lost strength...instant fever and malaria was upon me

But football ehnnn...na one kind funny game...he go be like arrangee....ball way France nor see play for 80 minutes...so suddenly after 80 minutes them begin dey play ball like wizard
The warey coach dey remove di maria.....that coach ehnn nor be small thing you be want do me o...

At the bolded

E never pass
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Martinez39s(m): 11:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
gurunlocker:
grin

I've been seeing Pendulian fans wailing since Sunday... You don't know anything, you guys just dey start.

Una show Messi fans pepper from 2014-2021, now you want Messi fans to appreciate them both grin grin
grin They thought we have forgotten.

From "let Messi win an international trophy before he can become the GOAT" to "let's appreciate them both." Appreciate wetin?

From calling Messi a bottler for years and generating memes with pictures of him crying in the Copa America finals to "Messi fans shouldn't laugh at Ronaldo's world cup exit; empathise with him."

Pendu fans know the GOAT debate is over, but guess what? They've gone to bring up Pele's achievements to proclaim Pele the GOAT. When they were calling Ronaldo the GOAT all these while, didn't they remember Pele won three world cups? grin

We will keep pressing our feet on their necks till can't breath and take the sorrow anymore. Wicked people who will rather vote Tinubu and consequently destroy our country than see Messi win the world cup; wicked Africans that would rather not see an African reach the final and get more slots for Africa than see Messi win. Their fadaaaa!

"Appreciate them both," "Ronaldo is still my GOAT," blah blah blah. Appreciate them both while they belittle Messi's effort by saying the world cup was rigged in his favour.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by gurunlocker: 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
Martinez39s:
grin They thought we have forgotten.

From "let Messi win an international trophy before he can become the GOAT" to "let's appreciate them both." Appreciate wetin?

From calling Messi a bottler for years and generating memes with pictures of him crying in the Copa America finals to "Messi fans shouldn't laugh at Ronaldo's world cup exit; empathise with him."

Pendu fans know that the GOAT is over, but guess what? They've gone to bring up Pele's achievements to proclaim Pele the GOAT. When they were calling Ronaldo the GOAT all these while, didn't they remember Pele won three world cups?

We will keep pressing our feet on their necks till can't breath and take the sorrow anymore. Wicked people who will rather vote Tinubu and consequently destroy our country than see Messi win the world cup; wicked Africans that would rather not see an African reach the final and get more slots for Africa than see Messi win. Their fadaaaa!

"Appreciate them both," "Ronaldo is still my GOAT," blah blah blah. Appreciate them both while they belittle Messi's effort by saying the world cup was rigged in his favour.

Dem go wail again in the next 10 months when the 8 Balon d'Or comes in.... Pendu dream is Messi reality grin grin grin

As always, they will say it is rigged (Just like they rigged star studded Portugal out of WC) grin
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Starzo: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Gangster1ms:
You mean the staged tournament?

Never before had a team been awarded so many penalties at a WC. Always at key moments. Always controversial. No red cards despite being a volatile, combative team. Officials rarely penalised clinical fouls. Often the opponent destabilised after having such decisions against.

Going into the tournament there was a wave of support and a bandwagon for Messi to win the WC. It even played in the minds of opposition players who had been fed the narrative LM has to be a Champion or it upsets everyone. The propaganda was unavoidable as it was everywhere.

There's a rule which states Messi cannot be booked, let alone sent off. Yet any contact in winning a ball against Messi is a foul. A firm challenge will be cautioned. Etc. The most protected player ever. Because of this figure referees were reluctant to make calls against Argentina.

During the tournament Messi shamelessly dived, feigned injury; belittled and disrespected players and coaches right infront of them. LVG is an old man who had radiation therapy for cancer. He chanted radical songs in dressing room. Moaned at referees.

Yet never any criticism.

Maradona won his World Cup with solo runs against Belgium and England not getting a penalty per game without doing anything.

Shut the fvck up...zlatan never said this

Infact he was one of Messi's and Argentina's biggest supporters during the world cup

His only statement was that a prediction when he said it was written in the stars that Argentina will win. As in a sense of destiny to it.

You penaldo fans have been peddling fake news and disgusting lies just to try and diminish the accomplishment of Messi the greatest but you only end up displaying how disgracefully pathetic you all are

If I were a Ronaldo fan before this world cup final I would have dissociated myself from him and you guys after watching you all disgrace yourselves during the last few weeks.
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by osazuwa23: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
the fact fifa refs have mic in the ear is deadgive away it rig. rigertina fans celebrating a cheater is sad because fifa motto is fairplay and what argentina showed was nothing like fairplay especially martinez foolish taunting asfter stop the penalty and doing inappropriate gesture after stoping the penalty
Kobonaire234:

Erm...Argentina did play the Dutch...not easy customers. And they played croatia...who came second last time out...

You are grasping at straws, really.

Okay...but remember Morroco dumped out Spain, and Portugal....teams higher than them, and in Spain's case, they won the world cup...so fixed?

Look bub....Argentina is in a favorable draw...like England, France, Germany, etc...because they get seeded high before the draws. Based on good performances and FIFA rankings. (that;s why we have to take FIFA rankings serious...by playing friendlies more often)

Please stop letting your misery over Argentina winning give you sleepless nights.

Argentina won because they were the best side. And I say this as someone who wanted to see them fail and fail badly.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Starzo: 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
osazuwa23:
most controversial worldcup i ever watched that was decided by refs untill pk kicks. if no penalty were given to both teams france win this easy
What are you even saying??..if penalties weren't awarded Argentina would have won 2-1

I see Messi's world cup win is causing you penaldo fans different forms of mental breakdowns

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
osazuwa23:
the fact fifa refs have mic in the ear is deadgive away

Something that has been there since at least 2014.....

]it rig. rigertina fans celebrating a cheater is sad because fifa is motto is fairplay and what argentina showed is nothing like fairplay especially martinez foolish wining the award and when france missed penalty cry
[/quote]

Wut?
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Martinez39s(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
gurunlocker:

Dem go wail again in the next 10 months when the 8 Balon d'Or comes in.... Pendu dream is Messi reality grin grin grin

As always, they will say it is rigged grin
You dey mind dem? grin grin

After the group stage, they said the tournament was rigged.

At the quarter finals, before the game started, same people said Netherlands would flog Argentina. They made this prediction knowing fully well the tournament was rigged (according to them). cheesy

Argentina went two goals up, they said it was rigged. Netherlands came back, they suddenly forgot the tournament was rigged and started cheering the Netherlands to qualify. Why cheer them on if the tournament was rigged? grin Netherlands lost on penalties and they suddenly remembered it was rigged all along. grin Are these pendu fans not mad?

Against Croatia, they predicted Croatia would beat Argentina. They said Croatia would control the midfield and Modric would be the true LM10. grin Why were they saying all these if they really thought the tournament was rigged in Messi's favour?

Before the final, they forgot the tournament was rigged and were convinced France would win. grin Argentina went two goals up, and they remembered the tournament was rigged. When stupid Scaloni removed Di Maria, went on the defensive and France equalised they forgot the tournament was rigged and started cheering France and typing "France, let's go! You can do this." Argentina finally won and they now remembered the world cup was rigged.

Pendu fans, keep crying. Y'all can't fool me.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Martinez39s(m): 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Am sure that if someone came and told you that you obtained your degrees and certificates by fraud...you would deny it. You worked hard for it.

So also did Messi and the argentine team. They won because they worked their asses off, spent time away from their familes, woke up at 3 am in the morning just to run 15 miles before the sun rises because coach says they slow, avoid eating and drinking certain foods that you enjoy well because the team nutritionist suddenly woke up and said that if they eat one grain of rice, their performance will diminish by 20%, and in some instances had to move away from what they knew because 'carreer'.

Argentina won because they were the best side.

Before you start, I am not an Argentina fan, all my fave countries did not even reach semifinal. And I am not into penaldo vs messi because soldier come, soldier go, barracks remain.
Loud am!

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by osazuwa23: 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
no they would have not messi goal wouldnt have counted since argentina had two extra players on the field before messi scores who were on the pitch undecided
Starzo:

What are you even saying??..if penalties weren't awarded Argentina would have won 2-1

I see Messi's world cup win is causing you penaldo fans different forms of mental breakdowns
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

God why all this bitterness oozing from your son inner mind just because of one man, Messi. Softly my guy, it's never the end of the road for CR7, his kids can still make up in near future. He's not destined to be equal with Messi.
If it wasn't influenced then am fine but since is not then is not kul
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by kabukabu50(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
I never thought Nigerians would ever cheer for Argentina in my lifetime after what they did to us in the past.

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
Truth be told this Argentina and Messi winning this year world cup hit you very hard. Well, take heart, it has happened and nothing you can do about it, don't kill yourself, life goes on.
Is sometimes nice to say the truth
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Temptee101(m): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lol grin

Another Messi, the GOAT news?

E don be for pendulum fans.

Last last na to delete all their social media handle
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
alobright17:

Yes that's why Holland and France can't score Pk.

Fifa told France and Holland players never to win the game.

Fifa told Argentina Kepper where to dive for the pk.

Sense has left you pendu fans.
Stupidity is an office and u are occupying it very well
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Starzo: 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
osazuwa23:
no they would have not messi second goal wouldnt have counted since argentina had two extra players on the field before messi scores who were on the pitch undecided
That rule only applies during penalty kick. As in players encroaching into the box before pk is taken.

No goal has ever been cancelled for the reason of players stepping foot onto the pitch in anticipation of a goal scoring final touch.

One thing I've come to realize these past few days is that most Ronaldo fans know nothing about football.

You guys just paddle lies and fake stats to make disgusting arguments.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
JustANairlander:

pointless, they lost the matches because their opponent won by merit, you didn't cap this shit when Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia, did you?
Truth is bitter
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by osazuwa23: 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
I dont get it either they must be argentina imports who just so happened to have settled in nigeria. Argentins dont even see black as people they literally have no black players
kabukabu50:
I never thought Nigerians would ever cheer for Argentina in my lifetime after what they did to us in the past.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Martinez39s(m): 11:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
Temptee101:
Lol grin

Another Messi, the GOAT news?

E don be for pendulum fans.

Last last na to delete all their social media handle
Dem never see anything. grin
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by zeusdgrt(m): 11:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Kindly add that someone gave you expo to pass all your exams too...and you got your SSCE at a special center...
Thanks, at least we all know ur level of stupidity
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Tifunloran: 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
Gangster1ms:

Never before had a team been awarded so many penalties at a WC. Always at key moments. Always controversial. No red cards despite being a volatile, combative team. Officials rarely penalised clinical fouls. Often the opponent destabilised after having such decisions against.

Going into the tournament there was a wave of support and a bandwagon for Messi to win the WC. It even played in the minds of opposition players who had been fed the narrative LM has to be a Champion or it upsets everyone. The propaganda was unavoidable as it was everywhere.

There's a rule which states Messi cannot be booked, let alone sent off. Yet any contact in winning a ball against Messi is a foul. A firm challenge will be cautioned. Etc. The most protected player ever. Because of this figure referees were reluctant to make calls against Argentina.

During the tournament Messi shamelessly dived, feigned injury; belittled and disrespected players and coaches right infront of them. LVG is an old man who had radiation therapy for cancer. He chanted radical songs in dressing room. Moaned at referees.

Yet never any criticism.

Maradona won his World Cup with solo runs against Belgium and England not getting a penalty per game without doing anything.

The thing really pain you oo, don't Worry you'll heal before next world cup
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by osazuwa23: 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
ronaldo will never be a cheater cheterntina fans always using the ronaldo execuse as if every player whow atches football is a ronaldo fan. you have no effidence to back your silly statement. according to fifa rules it not allowed so somebody had to be penalized for it which no action was shown by the ref for it whether it was being sent off are a card or var and taht why it rigged. ther eno way you cnat tell em the liens man didnt see it angry
https://www.news24.com/sport/soccer/worldcup/why-argentinas-third-goal-stood-despite-more-players-on-the-field-20221219
Starzo:

That rule only applies during penalty kick. As in players encroaching into the box before pk is taken.

No goal has ever been cancelled for the reason of players stepping foot onto the pitch in anticipation of a goal scoring final touch.

One thing I've come to realize these past few days is that most Ronaldo fans know nothing about football.

You guys just paddle lies and fake stats to make disgusting arguments.
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by osazuwa23: 12:17am On Dec 21, 2022
ronaldo will reach the final 2026 and wont need two tries to win the tournament unlike pessi quote author=Martinez39s post=119310604] You dey mind dem? grin grin

After the group stage, they said the tournament was rigged.

At the quarter finals, before the game started, same people said Netherlands would flog Argentina. They made this prediction knowing fully well the tournament was rigged (according to them). cheesy

Argentina went two goals up, they said it was rigged. Netherlands came back, they suddenly forgot the tournament was rigged and started cheering the Netherlands to qualify. Why cheer them on if the tournament was rigged? grin Netherlands lost on penalties and they suddenly remembered it was rigged all along. grin Are these pendu fans not mad?

Against Croatia, they predicted Croatia would beat Argentina. They said Croatia would control the midfield and Modric would be the true LM10. grin Why were they saying all these if they really thought the tournament was rigged in Messi's favour?

Before the final, they forgot the tournament was rigged and were convinced France would win. grin Argentina went two goals up, and they remembered the tournament was rigged. When stupid Scaloni removed Di Maria, went on the defensive and France equalised they forgot the tournament was rigged and started cheering France and typing "France, let's go! You can do this." Argentina finally won and they now remembered the world cup was rigged.

Pendu fans, keep crying. Y'all can't fool me.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by Martinez39s(m): 12:26am On Dec 21, 2022
osazuwa23:
ronaldo will reach the final 2026 and wont need two tries to win the tournament unlike pessi
Dey play. grin

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by gambojimeta: 12:39am On Dec 21, 2022
People should move on and start preparing for the next tournament in Canada/Mexico/US 2026.

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by drsibz66(m): 12:46am On Dec 21, 2022
Gangster1ms:

Yet never any criticism.

delusion is a belief that a person holds that is not based in reality and is not altered or modified when the person is presented with contradictory evidence. As such, people who are suffering from delusional disorder struggle to align reality with their perceptions of reality.

Mental disorder.

Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by drsibz66(m): 12:51am On Dec 21, 2022
osazuwa23:
most controversial worldcup i ever watched that was decided by refs untill pk kicks. if no penalty were given to both teams france win this easy

Mumu if no penalty... Argentina would have won 2:1. ..
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by drsibz66(m): 12:56am On Dec 21, 2022
osazuwa23:
everybody knew messi was going to win the moment the group was created undecided group. the worldcup year they dont play an african team they go all the way

If you were sure Argentina would win, you would have put all your family's inheritance to bet it.
Re: Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US by kabukabu50(m): 12:59am On Dec 21, 2022
osazuwa23:
I dont get it either they must be argentina imports who just so happened to have settled in nigeria. Argentins dont even see black as people they literally have no black players

Right.

I would never support Argentina after what they have done to us.

Not to even mention their very aggressive cheating,diving and unsportsmanlike conduct.

Also Argentina did have black African slaves like Brazil,but they imported a lot of Europeans to "lighten the skin tone" of their people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / Mauricio Pochettino Wants Wilfred Ndidi At PSG / Super Falcons Celebrate Anam Imo's 18th Birthday In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.