Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Would You Date An Atheist? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date An Atheist? (13785 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? / Would You Date An Older Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Johnnoo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

when you marry based on Religion, Financial Security or Love then you will fail eventually because all the mentioned fade away (eventually)

Marry because it is in your plans - target whom you want to marry because it fits into your plans not because it is based on what society thinks
Guy, tell me what's that "your plan" apart from the afore mentioned facts that fade away. . .?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Sure I'll date an atheist if she has a fat a s s. all the ones I've met are skinny and shapeless sad

Really? And what has disbelief in religion got to do with body size?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Abayomin70(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
deols:

lailai, olorun ma je.

Xtians sef, no! way

KID u are looking for attention
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
Pweety4me:

Only if he is prepared to change.

A lot of Atheists are people who were once religious. They lost their belief in religion (mostly because of so many doubts that religion couldn't answer). And you now expect him to force himself to believe what he doesn't all because he married you? What do you mean "change"? Do you even know what Atheism means?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pendo89(f): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
mmh .so religion is the root of all evil in the world. If all religions were banned then the world would be one peaceful place to live in?
Is man only a spiritual being ?
Thank God am not religious.
Am redeemed.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by NoQualms1(f): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
Nada, no, rara, nope, mba
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
pinkrex:

They dont believe in anything. so why would they believe in yu undecided undecided undecided

Atheist believe in everything EXCEPT religion. They believe in things that border on reason,logic and basic common sense. Get your facts right.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by SAGoddess: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes I would, I find staunch believers too much to handle sometimes, they think theirs is the only way. . . . .and everybody else is going to hell!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by manmustwac(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
How would most of you guys even know wether your future partner or probably even life partner is an atheist when most atheists are closet athiests who keep their views to themselves. The chances you wouldn't even know that your partner is an ,athiest until your relationship has gone to far and by then you'd be forced to reconsider your view on the situation (but that's only if you genuinely love the person)
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by claremont(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
I would rather date an Atheist and go to "hell", than date a religious bigot and go to "heaven" with a bunch of narrow-minded persons.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Somagirl(f): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Most of my friends are Atheists to be quite  honest we always argue about the existence of God and whatnot.

I like these people as human beings they have more moral and values than most
believers out there but for me personally I pray that I never find myself in such a situation! smiley
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by anonymous6(f): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
hell no
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
As an Atheist, I would not hesitate to marry one,

But, I really don't care about her religious affiliation as long as she isn't any of them white garment folks (their drama is just too much compared to that of other religious fanatics),

I really can't find the corellation between religion and love, I thought marriage was supposed to be about the person and not his/her beliefs,
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Abayomin70(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
Johnnoo:

Guy, tell me what's that "your plan" apart from the afore mentioned facts that fade away. . .?

guy love dont fade it kips increasing but if u date a girl cause of her religion;fact;belief;background;culture all this tins fade away when money comes
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by kissCleo: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
no!!!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by manmustwac(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
Abayomin70:

guy love dont fade it kips increasing but if u date a girl cause of her religion;fact;belief;background;culture all this tins fade away when money comes
seconded.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

mmh .so religion is the root of all evil in the world. If all religions were banned then the world would be one peaceful place to live in?
Is man only a spiritual being ?
Thank God am not religious.
Am redeemed.

If you read up on history, you'll find out that most (if not all) bloody wars and conflicts that have devastated mankind ALL have religious differences as a backbone. Christians and Moslems have wasted millions of lives all because of religious differences (even your bible is filled with numerous accounts where the bible story god instructed "his people" to go into the land of the "gentiles" and kill every man,woman and child. . .plunder their livestock and burn their cities to the ground! ! !). It's all there but you turn a blind eye to that.

World war 1 was approved by the Pope! When the US forces are about to go into another country to waste human lives, they all chant "IN GOD WE TRUST"! The rebels that were supported by NATO to oust Ghaddafi were motivated by deep seated hatred,tribal differences,self gains and extreme Islamic tendencies (they want Sharia imposed as law in the country).

Have you ever heard of an Atheist suicide bomber? Have you ever heard of an Atheist who went into the street killing people and finally killing himself? How many criminals do you know that are Atheists? Do you even know what Atheism really means or do you just assume that anything that does not conform to your religion must be bad and your brain gets filled with all those bloody images you see in Nollywood home videos?

Every time armed robbers and kidnappers are paraded on TV, you always hear them blaming "the devil" for their actions (after a well planned operation failed). They will always plead on their god to forgive them (after they have r.R.aped somebody's wife,daughter,sister or mother. After they have wasted human lives). You really need to understand what Atheism is before you make such comments.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Greenslim: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
is like marrying a fool
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
Johnnoo:

As a guy, "my plan" was to marry into a rich family Muslim, Christian, Punjabi, Boko-haram, Guru-Maharaji It did not matter and make sure to hit like 3 boys from the Wifey  grin Money has no religion y'see If i had placed my faith on Christianity alone I would have ended up with Patience - and you know how nasty that can be  grin
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
Greenslim:

is like marrying a fool

And how are Atheists foolish? Hmmm? What makes them fools?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
Greenslim:

is like marrying a fool

cool cool cool cool
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by SisiKill1: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
Why not? Relationships are difficult enough without adding the burden of Religious dogmas. . .so that would be one less issue to worry about. grin

By the way, for some very odd reason, the best guys I've ever come across are Atheist. Religious guys always come across as sanctimonious know it alls. . .which is ironic because they are the ones doing all the the[i] gba ju ehs[/i]. It's easy for them to get away with their dastardly deeds under the cloak of "Brother Brother"cheesy
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by niceone3(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
why not.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MissyB3(f): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
Why are they all on the defensive?  undecided

Okija_juju:

As an Atheist, I would not hesitate to marry one, 

But, I really don't care about her religious affiliation as long as she isn't any of them white garment folks (their drama is just too much compared to that of other religious fanatics), 

I really can't find the corellation between religion and love,  I thought marriage was supposed to be about the person and not his/her beliefs,
And one's beliefs are not part of one's makeup?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by emisun(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
fools.as a pragmatic agnostic(very close to atheism) i don't guve a damn about religious bigots who have done nothing except destruction of lives,knowledge, property etc. some of u girls wudn't mind marryin scientist and even warren buffet but u are here talkin shit mtscheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Somagirl(f): 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
@ lagerwhenindoubt LMAO!! How about you get rich on your own cool
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
Such defensive bigots,just like them ga.y people who keep fight for there so-called rights every now and then.
If you know in your mind that you are doing the right thing,then there's no need proving yourself to
everyone,trying to make sense out of nonsense.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pinkrex(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
Little sense has been made undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagcity(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2011
i would be happy to marry an atheist. if any wife wake me up on sunday morning, she wan get black eye be dat. the only thing that can wake me up on a sunday morning is a good Mouth Gig. religious ppl too get wahala.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagcity(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^^^

for goodness sake, i said "blow.job" not "mouthaction" which kain yeye be dis?. jeeezz! angry angry angry
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Tosinville(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yeah! if she has something nice to offer.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by polokor60(m): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2011
saul saul,why are thou presecuting ME? sadremember saul was a very intelligent man,atheist please tell me what happened to saul on his way to damascus. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Underneath The Hijab (18+) / Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? / Revenge From An Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.