Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,967 members, 7,866,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Would You Date An Atheist? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date An Atheist? (13858 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? / Would You Date An Older Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
very few athiest in the known universe. But u know that universe is a very dark place and that it only takes one bright star to light up an entire solar system? yes one bright star. one small candle lights up an entire dark room. abi? you get my gist.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
ok very few atheists IN THE WORLD OR PLANET earth. the light is jesus christ. john1 vs 4,5 and 6
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
SMH! TYPICAL ATHEIST MENTALITY!>>>>>>>> WE KNOW ALL!

Well i'm PLEASED to ANNOUNCE to Y'ALL that ALL ATHEISTS KNOW S[b]H[/b]IT! They are just a CONFUSED PATHETIC BUNCH! And ANYONE that doesnt buy thier CRAP, is DELUSIONAL, IGNORANT, or BRAINWASHED! SHAME!

Now tell me who is DUMB!

Someone who DOESNT believe in the BIBLE, but QUOTES IT!
Someone who DOESNT KNOW where his life came from!  shocked shockedgrin
Someone who plants a CHICKEN BONE and waters it in ANTICIPATION that it would grow into a CHICKEN! grin grin grin( YABA LEFT is MISSING it's FAVORITE PATIENT!) ST[b]U[/b]PID is an UNDER RATED word! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-747572.96.html#msg9050728
harakiri:

@mazaje, The voice thing is something. Sounds like a special move from a video game! I planted a chicken bone in the sand two days ago and even with all the watering, it still hasn't "evolved" into a live chicken! Let me go outside and see how things have "progressed"! Brb.
Someone who BELIEVES in EMOTIONS but doesnt BELIEVE in LOVE! grin grin grin S[b]h[/b]it! These guys are DUMB! grin
Someone that Puts FAITH in EVOLUTION and goes about CASTIGATING others that put FAITH in a GOD! DUMB!

If you ASK these DUMB pieces of S[b]H[/b]IT any question, they term it Irrelevant and Irrational! They are sooooo PREDICTABLE! Irrelevant, Facts, Logic, Subjective, Objective! DAMN! STUPS!

Atheism is a MENTAL ILLNESS because it is nothing more than a cry for attention. Most of these atheists are extremely intelligent people, highly educated, and passionate about being an atheist, denying the existence of God, and viciously ridiculing folks who challenge their false belief.

I don’t know why they have become mentally ill, but to reason that highly complex, super sophisticated forms of ORDER just happened, just created themselves without any intelligence directing the process, is absolutely MENTAL ILLNESS.

Only an ATHEIST would tell you that NAIRALAND as a WEBSITE was not designed by a web devoloper, but that rather, it came from other existing websites!

Only an ATHEIST would expect GOD to Come down from heaven and MAKE ICE CREAM so he can BELIEVE he EXISTS! grin grin grin grin grin PATHETIC!

Have you ever wondered?
Why do atheists make claims, & statements, but never give evidence to back them up?
Why do atheists always answer questions with more questions? >>>> BECAUSE they are DAFT & DUMB! grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is Just the TRUTH about ATHEISTS! Their INSULTIVE NATURE is EVIDENT on the first 10 PAGES of this thread! RET[i]A[/i]RDS! undecided undecided undecided

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
this Idiot is here. am out .
Good night.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Where u go since sexkillz? i ve out of lagos since tuesday and had no access to system, hence im confined to mobile browsing, if not, atheists on nairaland go don suffer from me. this pple dont know they are religious. from page one they ve been trying to either dir or indir convince us about what they believe they know. this is typical envangelism. smdh at this pple
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
THis m.oron is here. . this thread is going sour from here on.
am out.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

this  is here. am out .
Good night.
sir dnt go now. stay and let talk about evangelical atheism
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

am out.
u cant help mattaz by insulting pls. lets remain civil
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Toba i dey jare! I dey corner dey watch as these HALF PINT FAKE A[b]S[/b]S END TIME ATHIESTS dey here dey run mouth like tap since! FOOOOOLS! Preaching ATHEISM! Why una no carry bag dey go from door to door like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, dey try to convert people? Shege dan buruba! grin grin grin grin grin Na for NL them dey get mouth! Internet free sha! Simply because some Fake A[b]S[/b]S SUNDAY SUNDAY CHRISTIANS dey fear una GRAMMER!>>>>>>>>>>>> SHIOR!!! grin grin grin
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

am out.
Yeah BOO! The DAMN thread should go SOUR! I'M ALLERGIC TO ATHEISTIC BULLSHIT! If i'm a MO[b]R[/b]ON then you are a [size=20pt]MO[b]R[/b]ON100[/size]  OLODO! Can you PROVE that you are an ATHEIST? undecided undecided Gosh! I forgot! Read my SIGNATURE! grin grin grin grin grin Pls close the door behind your WEAK DEFLATED ATHEISTIC ARSE! DOOFUS! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thats what i ve been telling these atheists. they are becoming zealous and religious by feeding us with what they think/believe they know courtesy of science. its only an evangelist that would go this lenght. God is beyond what science or scientist can comprehend
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^ You dey mind the RE[b]T[/b]ARDS? I've asked them to tell me THE ORIGIN OF TIME, and i'll tell them the ORIGIN OF THE CREATOR! And guess their predictable response? cheesy cheesy >>>>>>>> "That question was irrelevant! What has the origin of time got to do with the origin of your God?". . . . . . PATHETIC BUNCH! undecided
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2011
globexl:

very few athiest in the known universe. But u know that universe is a very dark place and that it only takes one bright star to light up an entire solar system? yes one bright star. one small candle lights up an entire dark room. abi? you get my gist.
C'mon Shattap dia! You PITIABLE LOPSIDED CRETIN! How dare you compare your DIMWITTED SELF to light in a DARK ROOM! What have ATHEISTS contributed to the GOOD of humankind expect POINTLESS & CIRCUMLOCUTORY ARGUMENTS that only make sense to the MENTALLY INSANE? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
Guy this people dont know they are actual5 practising religion. Smdh. One definition of evangelical atheism is exactly how the low life harakiri behaves. Do me  a favour by typing evangelical atheism urban dictionary from google u would see that 99 percent of nairaland atheists are evangelica atheist. this is pathetic. just google search evangelical atheism to see
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Thirst4Lif: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2011
lol i know i wouldn't i rather marry a rock than a atheist/

Can marrying an Atheist be any worse than marrying someone whose beliefs okay him to

strap a bomb to his body and obliterate several city blocks?
I think not.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 02, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

Can marrying an Atheist be any worse than marrying someone whose beliefs okay him to

strap a bomb to his body and obliterate several city blocks?
I think not.
still boils down to ignorance and brainwashing
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Thirst4Lif: 12:04am On Sep 02, 2011
^ Indeed.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

SMH! TYPICAL ATHEIST MENTALITY!>>>>>>>> WE KNOW ALL!

Well i'm PLEASED to ANNOUNCE to Y'ALL that ALL ATHEISTS KNOW S[b]H[/b]IT! They are just a CONFUSED PATHETIC BUNCH! And ANYONE that doesnt buy thier CRAP, is DELUSIONAL, IGNORANT, or BRAINWASHED! SHAME!

Now tell me who is DUMB!

Someone who DOESNT believe in the BIBLE, but QUOTES IT!
Someone who DOESNT KNOW where his life came from!  shocked shockedgrin
Someone who plants a CHICKEN BONE and waters it in ANTICIPATION that it would grow into a CHICKEN! grin grin grin( YABA LEFT is MISSING it's FAVORITE PATIENT!) ST[b]U[/b]PID is an UNDER RATED word! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-747572.96.html#msg9050728Someone who BELIEVES in EMOTIONS but doesnt BELIEVE in LOVE! grin grin grin S[b]h[/b]it! These guys are DUMB! grin
Someone that Puts FAITH in EVOLUTION and goes about CASTIGATING others that put FAITH in a GOD! DUMB!

If you ASK these DUMB pieces of S[b]H[/b]IT any question, they term it Irrelevant and Irrational! They are sooooo PREDICTABLE! Irrelevant, Facts, Logic, Subjective, Objective! DAMN! STUPS!

Atheism is a MENTAL ILLNESS because it is nothing more than a cry for attention. Most of these atheists are extremely intelligent people, highly educated, and passionate about being an atheist, denying the existence of God, and viciously ridiculing folks who challenge their false belief.

I don’t know why they have become mentally ill, but to reason that highly complex, super sophisticated forms of ORDER just happened, just created themselves without any intelligence directing the process, is absolutely MENTAL ILLNESS.

Only an ATHEIST would tell you that NAIRALAND as a WEBSITE was not designed by a web devoloper, but that rather, it came from other existing websites!

Only an ATHEIST would expect GOD to Come down from heaven and MAKE ICE CREAM so he can BELIEVE he EXISTS! grin grin grin grin grin PATHETIC!

Have you ever wondered?
Why do atheists make claims, & statements, but never give evidence to back them up?
Why do atheists always answer questions with more questions? >>>> BECAUSE they are DAFT & DUMB! grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is Just the TRUTH about ATHEISTS! Their INSULTIVE NATURE is EVIDENT on the first 10 PAGES of this thread! RET[i]A[/i]RDS! undecided undecided undecided

So what do you have to say about those that:

- Believe in a God that clearly states he has a special preference for Isrealites, not Lasgidites.
- Believe in a God that promised some people a promised land and promised you nada.
- Believe in a God termed the most merciful but who plans to do the most evil thing (im)possible because of some ludicrous vanity.
- Believe in a book that gives stories of ridiculous, unproven occurrences that makes Lord of the Rings, Sauron and Mordor etc look like reality.
- Believe in a book that talks about the end of the world being nigh and we all know we will continue waiting and the rapture is less realistic than man getting to Jupiter.
- A book that was so full of ridiculous rubbish it is obvious it was written by some illiterate medievals claiming God is directing them, and a second version had to be written (New Testament)
- Are dogmatic about being right and knowing the unknown despite all the listed above.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 02, 2011
Which BOOK would that be? & What side of the "EQUATION" are you on?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 02, 2011
The guys not an atheist nor religious. did u search da link from google?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by logic101: 1:54am On Sep 02, 2011
Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the hand maiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people and imposed on people by conquerors, and used as the framework to control their minds.
John Henrik Clarke
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by logic101: 1:55am On Sep 02, 2011
My main point here is that if you are the child of God and God is a part of you, the in your imagination God suppose to look like you. And when you accept a picture of the deity assigned to you by another people, you become the spiritual prisoners of that other people.
John Henrik Clarke
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by elliottibanga(m): 7:45am On Sep 02, 2011
I'm agnostic, meaning I'm somewhere in between the theist and atheist. I and my babe are tight and plan to have a bright future together.

The fact that she's a ''full blown'' catholic does create some issues (like going to 6.am mass on Sundays  cry ) but our love, understanding and respect help us overcome all.

So, would I marry an atheist? Hell yeah!!!

, and by the way the highest factors that cause divorce or splits in couples are Money and Infidelity, not religion or the lack of it.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nayah(f): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2011
I prefer marry an atheist than someone who claim to be believer and do things forbidden in the Christian faith

1 Like

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 10:13am On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

Which BOOK would that be? & What side of the "EQUATION" are you on?

How many books give a special preference for Isrealites?

I am on the side of making sense!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by mcvion(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2011
If marriage is an institution made by God, Why would they want to marry, ? Since they dont believe in God, The one who brought into existence,
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by claremont(m): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2011
elliottibanga:

I'm agnostic, meaning I'm somewhere in between the theist and atheist. I and my babe are tight and plan to have a bright future together.

The fact that she's a ''full blown'' catholic does create some issues (like going to 6.am mass on Sundays  cry ) but our love, understanding and respect help us overcome all.

So, would I marry an atheist? Hell yeah!!!

, and by the way the highest factors that cause divorce or splits in couples are Money and Infidelity, not religion or the lack of it.
That's it, right there! The fact of the matter is that Africans have already been heavily indoctrinated from birth, to believe in hear-say, rather than clear factual evidence. That is why a supposedly highly learned person freely chooses to believe in tales-by-moonlight stories, instead of asking basic questions about the reasoning behind the drivel. A simple Google search, which religious bigots can't be bothered to do, will have revealed that the highest divorce rates occur among the religious brethren, while Atheists have the lowest divorce rates. There must be something that accounts for this disparity! How sane people will correlate religion/non-religion with choosing who to date is beyond me.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by DaDoctor: 11:03am On Sep 02, 2011
@Da Doctor, Please,could you explain this "truth" you mentioned? I ask because a lof of people seem to forget that most atheists were not only born into religion but were raised by it (I used to be a bible class leader myself in the past). A lot of us became Atheists because the enormous doubts that had no answers. What truth? In the bible? The same bible that tells stories of a man who lived in the belly of a fish for THREE DAYS with no oxygen,food,air nor was he chewed or digested. He just sat in a corner of the stomach and was vomitted 3 days later! A bible that talks about a man who tore a lion into two from it's mouth and the lion merely watched and did nothing? This same man killed over 300 men (armed with spears,swords and shields) with ordinary jaw bone from a donkey! This same man brought down an entire temple by merely pushing the pillars! A bible were donkeys speak and sticks turn into snakes. A bible were god is carried in a box called the holy tabernacle. A bible were a man who had been dead,decomposed and degutted "rose from the dead" are three days. How about the virgin who got pregnant without sex? How about feeding a whole FIVE THOUSAND people with only 5 loaves of bread and two fish (me and my younger brother can eat that alone). How about the man who "told" the sun to stand still? How about the man who trekked all over the world,carrying every species on his head and trekked back to his origin to drop them in an ark whose biblical measurements isn't even up to the average tugboat? I can't type much with my phone and I don't want to derail this thread, so abeg, make una watch wetin una dey talk oooo! Nuff said!

Even if i have decided to be off NL for som reasons bothering around promotion of ill virtues, perhaps due to diverse cultural, ethnic,religious foundation of NLers etc, i am compelled to state thus;

The issue is that there abounds so many schools of tot as per the issue of the existence of God and vice versa.
In my early days in the world of academics i came to understand that GOD DOESNT EXIST AND HENCE THERE WAS NO NEED OTHER THAN BEING AN ATHIEST. But along the line all my proofs came crashing down and i starting seeing the reality in the facts that; THERE IS MOTION ON EARTH , AND THERE IS THE FIRST CAUSE OF MOTION HIMSELF UNMOVED. I traced this to metaphysics and physics and needed no more conviction. There exists several other proves but the above quoted struck me more. Yes you may ask 'IS GOD WILLING TO DRIVE AWAY EVIL FROM THE WORLD BUT NOT ABLE?then he is a weak God. OR IS HE ABLE BUT NOT WILLING?then he is a wicked God bla bla bla. All these were subject of my personal research and the conclusions i drew out. But as a scholar and a living being is that EVEN AMONG gods, THERE IS GOD-HEAD. in other words, I BELIEVE IN THE TRUTH, THAT GOD EXISTS. There is still many proves i have to show that GOD DOESNT REALLY EXIST. But the proves for is greater than that against it. GOD REALY EXISTS. ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME THE CONVICTION WOULD COME. Most of my atheist colleagues are swinging in, in turns.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2011
@Op, First off, people have different ideas of what a relationship should be. Some tend towards the “mutual support” approach that was common in my parent’s time, while others are at the “soul mate” end.

Having said that, the most successful relationships I see are based on mutual respect.

Ask yourself, “can I respect this person and their beliefs in the long term if nothing changes?”

That’s the first hurdle.

Then, what you have to consider is that it’s really really common for people who have drifted or rebelled against their parent’s religions to become suddenly devout when kids enter the picture. And since there is no way to compromise over whether the kids are indoctrinated in a religion, this is a real problem.

My wife and I had really close friends who went through this. He was not really religious at all, she had a religious upbringing but wasn’t practicing. Things were going well for them, then they had kids and she switched back, and then it was her and the kids going to church every week and him at home.

That worked for him okay, though he didn’t like some of the changes in his daughters, and he didn’t feel as close to his wife as they had been in the past. He took a new job to be able to spend more time with his family, and then 6 months later his wife had an affair with a church member who had been helping her deal with the issues she was having with him not being religious.

Which blew their marriage apart.

Relationships are hard work even in the best of circumstances. My wife is very rational and smart and our worldview is very close, but we still have issues.

A smart guy that I used to work with said that when his son was thinking about proposing, he asked him, “How would you think about waking up next to this person for the rest of your life if you never Were Intimate again?”

I think the fact that you asked the question is your answer to that.
cool
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
a piece of advice, you cannot shout at a pig for being dirty, it is his nature
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
@harakiri, do u mean were once religious, or where once christians?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
@harakiri,
just because something seems to cause a problem, doesn't make removing it the solution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Guys Ur Opinions Are Needed Here / The New Form Teacher (18+) / Only Married Men Ask Me Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.