Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

My UK Travel Story (part 1) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My UK Travel Story (part 1) (1419 Views)

Challenges Of Coming To UK From Nigeria As An International Student – Part 1 / The Actual Cause Of Problem In Marriages And Families :part 1 (one) / All About Dating Scam. Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My UK Travel Story (part 1) by IyaTola: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
My UK Travel Story (Part 1)

As promised, I'm back to share this story�.

Before starting the story, I'd like to share something that some of you may relate to.

Sometimes, I struggle to get what others get quickly; I ask myself why? I also ask God why?

God's response has always been Chekwubechukwu; your path is different. By now, you should know you're unique and extraordinary.

Look back from when you were a child, and you'll see that your struggles contributed to who you are today.

A better version of YOU!

This has always been a difficult conversation with God, shedding uncontrollable tears and asking Him to make some things easy for me, at least.

The last time I conversed with Him, He made me remember when I was growing up. I remembered how timid I was, how I had a very low-esteem and confidence level.

He said if you didn't go through everything you went through, how would you have become this fearless, bold and tenacious woman today? How would you be adequately prepared to face the assignment I have given you?

Chekwube, I need to prepare you for the journey ahead!

To anyone whose story sounds like mine, that's your answer right there.

Your path is different.

Don't you ever think that because you struggle to get things like a good job, good relationship, scholarship, good marriage, financial assistance, etc., you aren't following God's will or doing what God has called you to do.

Yes, your path is different; you're unique and extraordinary.

Know this and know peace�.

To the story proper:
I have struggled so much in the UK that no matter how much I try to use words to explain the experience, they may not capture the whole picture adequately.

Only a few people can handle being a self-funded student, especially in a school like the University of Liverpool. Working to pay monthly accommodation bills, transportation, feeding while attending classes, group meetings, getting assignments done etc. I remember the first few weeks after I arrived the UK, I was always crying, even on the roads, and I didn't care if anyone was watching.

At the time, there was a lot to get done, like school registration, sorting out accommodation, etc. I had already missed about four weeks of classes and had two pending individual coursework. I was always feeling overwhelmed�.

I requested a 3-week extension to understand the school's system because I was scared of plagiarism and needed to understand the school rules on how to paraphrase well before getting the coursework done.

Indeed, leaving one's comfort zone is highly uncomfortable.

...continue reading in the comment section.

Dear Familander❤,

Compliments of the season!

Wishing everyone a joyous and a beautiful Christmas and New Year celebration

Cheers!
Chekube

5 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by wunmi590(m): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by IyaTola: 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
My first advice to anyone planning to relocate:
It is crucial to prepare financially; however, prepare emotionally, psychologically, mentally and otherwise. The journey ahead won't be easy, so you must be prepared.

I also hope you have a strong WHY.

The times I thought about giving up, my WHY kept me going. Your WHY is the reason why you decide to do something.

We all need a strong WHY; it motivates us to keep going.

2 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by LagBae(f): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
You're my sister's namesake. 'Chekwubechukwu'. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by GoldenqueenC(f): 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
Chekwubechukwu , you are already a winner.

2 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by kelechi50: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
All ear's are open

Fire on
No smoke without fire .

1 Like

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by Mindlog: 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
It is not easy settling in as an international student, especially when struggling financially as earning less than £240 weekly when one strictly adhere to the 20hrs per week work rule,

4 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by IyaTola: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mindlog:
It is not easy settling in as an international student, especially when struggling financially as earning lass than £240 weekly when one strictly adhere to the 20hrs per week work rule,
it's really tough
Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by boldx(m): 12:54am On Dec 22, 2022
Iyatola, thanks for sharing your life's lessons.
Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by dazzlingd(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
You are scared of plagiarism, and you copied someone’s work here
https://www.nairaland.com/7484124/nothing-permanent-world

Just don’t carry this habit to UK

2 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by Houseofglam7(f): 7:09am On Dec 23, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by ezugegere(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2022
This should make interesting reading

2 Likes

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by IyaTola: 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
wink
boldx:
Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by Dadaboy: 9:10am On Dec 27, 2022
IyaTola:
My UK Travel Story (Part 1)

As promised, I'm back to share this story�.

Before starting the story, I'd like to share something that some of you may relate to.

Sometimes, I struggle to get what others get quickly; I ask myself why? I also ask God why?

God's response has always been Chekwubechukwu; your path is different. By now, you should know you're unique and extraordinary.

Look back from when you were a child, and you'll see that your struggles contributed to who you are today.

A better version of YOU!

This has always been a difficult conversation with God, shedding uncontrollable tears and asking Him to make some things easy for me, at least.

The last time I conversed with Him, He made me remember when I was growing up. I remembered how timid I was, how I had a very low-esteem and confidence level.

He said if you didn't go through everything you went through, how would you have become this fearless, bold and tenacious woman today? How would you be adequately prepared to face the assignment I have given you?

Chekwube, I need to prepare you for the journey ahead!

To anyone whose story sounds like mine, that's your answer right there.

Your path is different.

Don't you ever think that because you struggle to get things like a good job, good relationship, scholarship, good marriage, financial assistance, etc., you aren't following God's will or doing what God has called you to do.

Yes, your path is different; you're unique and extraordinary.

Know this and know peace�.

To the story proper:
I have struggled so much in the UK that no matter how much I try to use words to explain the experience, they may not capture the whole picture adequately.

Only a few people can handle being a self-funded student, especially in a school like the University of Liverpool. Working to pay monthly accommodation bills, transportation, feeding while attending classes, group meetings, getting assignments done etc. I remember the first few weeks after I arrived the UK, I was always crying, even on the roads, and I didn't care if anyone was watching.

At the time, there was a lot to get done, like school registration, sorting out accommodation, etc. I had already missed about four weeks of classes and had two pending individual coursework. I was always feeling overwhelmed�.

I requested a 3-week extension to understand the school's system because I was scared of plagiarism and needed to understand the school rules on how to paraphrase well before getting the coursework done.

Indeed, leaving one's comfort zone is highly uncomfortable.

...continue reading in the comment section.

Dear Familander❤,

Compliments of the season!

Wishing everyone a joyous and a beautiful Christmas and New Year celebration

Cheers!
Chekube

you better keep this your dumb religiousness in Nigeria and use logic and common sense in the UK, else na suffer you go suffer for uk

1 Like

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by IyaTola: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
shocked
Dadaboy:

you better keep this your dumb religiousness in Nigeria and use logic and common sense in the UK, else na suffer you go suffer for uk
Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by nicerod(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
grin grin

Where is my chair

Re: My UK Travel Story (part 1) by IyaTola: 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
wink
boldx:

(1) (Reply)

What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. / What Happens After The White Wedding? / What Will U Do To Her If U Were Slapped By D Mother Of Ur Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.