Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. (20795 Views)

Nigerians Are Stranded In Without Travel Passports / Please What Are The Travel Options That A Law Graduate Have? / Ibom Air Studies International Route Options With Ibom Air Bombardier CRJ900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Brownshoe: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2022
Eniolohunda:
I can't agree more. My advice to the youth there is to get there purpose and make a legal traveling. That way they will enjoy their new country. I was listening to a lady yesterday narrating how she regret moving to Canada, I was like what was her reason for moving in the first place. Don't do it because others are doing it,
I remember back home then, both me and the hubby were working, yet giving back to the society was always hard. Moving my family to the United States is one of my best decisions and I will always be grateful for it.
sis can you help me too?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by benqo01(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
OP U NAILED IT TRAVELING IS A GREAT EXPERIENCE

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by meetme01: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
akpunda86:

I never logged in but after reading Ur post I have to.First of all you are kid and secondly u need a gud guidance.

Wish I can guide u,making an average turnover as a non politician if 30 million every year and u want one to travel out,bros you can go for vaccation but not travel out.What is it over there,Nigeria is a sweet country.My kid broda talking like you travelled to Sweden but came back for holidays,I linked him up to a contract which he used my company to do,his gain just for procurement is 7.2 million and having seen how it is done wants to do more.
Yes our health,power,road system is bad,but what will we do.Go on vacation and see how Ur respected over there cos u ain't gonna take shit from anybody.But as an asylum seeker is insult upon insult,bros Nigeria is bad but is sweet.
Funny thing. Is it dey sweet sum dey pain sum but overthere is also painful.
Enjoy Naija by travelling out doing biz but NVR be on salary.
Cheers

Hmm..@ bolded indeed.

Suffering and smiling.

Four years course becomes 7years or more due to politicalization of the sector.

You decide to further your studies, lecturers will make life difficult. PhD of 3years will become 8years.

If you don't deep your hands in sh..t, it will be kinda hard to make a head way.

Imagine, AG having N30B. What does he need if for?

Nigeria is only sweet for swindlers..

Nigeria is sweet leaders we have known for 34years are still on throne..

Nigeria is sweet where politics is regarded as job.

Nigeria is sweet when the father is the Gov. Son..Senator and Daughter. REP

Tell them the truth..Nigeria is not sweet. Even if you huslt hard for your money through tech or business, you will be forced put of business if you don't join the bad gang.

No hope for youth. They are hopeless and struggle to have their daily meal.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by alphabbey1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
shegzhkn:

Funny joke @ bolded.

With your so called wealth and power you are one medical emergency away from the morgue, did you know that ?
You are talking out of ignorant...
You think Nigeria health care is not good enough for the rich ? You are kidding if that's ur thought... if any rich person have ailment that need abroad treatment, it doesn't take time to fly out... so what's ur point....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by emmaodet: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
mployer:

You can't have freedom of movement if you don't have financial freedom.

Traveling is expensive. If you don't have money, your passports will rotten in your wardrobe.

The passport will become just ordinary identification card like driver’s license or national identity card for opening account in bank etc

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by etrange: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
mployer:

You can't have freedom of movement if you don't have financial freedom.

Traveling is expensive. If you don't have money, your passports will rotten in your wardrobe.

What you typed does not in anyway invalidate what I said. I never said money is not important. I said there's financial freedom and there's freedom of movement. Both are important. So how does your comment affect or change that?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by akpunda86: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2022
meetme01:

Hmm..@ bolded indeed.

Suffering and smiling.

Four years course becomes 7years or more due to politicalization of the sector.

You decide to further your studies, lecturers will make life difficult. PhD of 3years will become 8years.

If you don't deep your hands in sh..t, it will be kinda hard to make a head way.

Imagine, AG having N30B. What does he need if for?

Nigeria is only sweet for swindlers..

Nigeria is sweet leaders we have known for 34years are still on throne..

Nigeria is sweet where politics is regarded as job.

Nigeria is sweet when the father is the Gov. Son..Senator and Daughter. REP

Tell them the truth..Nigeria is not sweet. Even if you huslt hard for your money through tech or business, you will be forced put of business if you don't join the bad gang.

No hope for youth. They are hopeless and struggle to have their daily meal.

No don't say such please there is a big hope for the youth please be positive please is not always rosy but yes is there.
Best of luck broda but never give up.never
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
So many Nigerians, especially on blogs such as this, have this warped mindset that all you need is money. They will tell you that traveling abroad is a waste of time. So many "patriots" will tell you that getting a second passport is a waste of time and that you are still a second class citizen abroad. These "patriots" will tell you that the money and time you wasted in getting a second passport would have been used to set up "several businesses" in Nigeria. What's that saying "money is the koko!"

Yes, money is very important. However, money is not enough. If you are up to date with global news, you would know that Russian billionaires are being denied visas to many western countries for political reasons. These are guys with serious money. Look at Roman Abramovitch. Dude's visa was cancelled. This is a man who was once the richest man in the UK. Even richer than their own billionaires. We are talking about a man who has invested more than 2 billion pounds into the British economy. He's only saving grace is that he's entitled to Israeli citizenship courtesy of him being of jewish descent. Israeli citizens do not need visa to visit the UK for 3 months. Where am I going with this? If this could happen to white Russians, who are Nigerians?

If you want further reasons why having money alone is not enough, look no further than the richest black man in the planet (Aliko Dangote). Nigeria's richest man said it himself a few years ago that despite all his wealth and influence in Africa, he needs several visas to travel to multiple African countries. Yes, the man so many materialistic Nigerians use as a template for success has admitted that his vast wealth is not enough to enable him to travel to multiple countries at once. As long as he only has a Nigerian passport, he will have to apply for multiple visas at different embassies and go through so many hurdles.

Look at the situation with Nigerians in UAE (Dubai). They have stopped issuing visas to Nigerians due to the idiotic behaviour of our compatriots over there. This visa ban applies to everyone regardless of class. One could say that Dubai is not in your to do list. What about others who have business there? See the way the U.S. embassy is treating Nigerians.. They don't give a damn who you are. They are rejecting applications like it's going out of style. Even the visas issued to Nigerians is no more than 2 years. Think about it. You have to renew your B1/B2 visa every two years. That is a lot of money. Meanwhile, South Africans have a 10 year visa.Turkey has cancelled electronic visas (e-visa) for Nigerians. What used to be a simple procedure is no longer the case.

Young Nigerian, it's time to give yourselves sense. Don't listen to people discouraging you from giving yourselves options. With all the so called money they are making, what is their quality of life? Health care zero. Education zero. Infrastructure zero. A second passport gives you access to better health care, education, business opportunities and other benefits. Most of your elite have it. Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajamilla to name a few have second passports. They are not fools. A lot of those Nairaland diasporans have it and discourage people from getting it due to selfishness and hypocrisy.

Can you help me?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Sukkyy2010: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Brownshoe:
na nonsense the man go still do if elected, Blackman can't get it right, not in this world again.
I dey tell you my broda, people brag confidently during Buhari era now see our experience .
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Panda7(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
as you are traveling abroad don't forget to build home if you don't want to be an ingrate.

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by LastProphet: 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
It's definitely a cultural problem. People have been wired since childhood to reason in a particular manner. The shocker is that even Nigerians in diaspora have this same mindset. A lot of them desire to move back to Nigeria not necessarily to change it but to be part of the ruling oppressive class. Living in the west doesn't enable them to flex and oppress others because the system is highly regulated. They complain about being oppressed by the white man but want to come back to Nigeria to oppress their fellow black brothers cheesy. Norwegians don't need a U.S. passport. Their passport is even stronger than the American passport and they have everything they need as you mentioned. Saudi Arabia is just packaging. Most of the wealth corner by the House of Saud.

No word can be added to the deep truth you revealed, not many people know this. Yes even diaspora black wish to come back and oppress. Is in us 24/7, the desire to "show them!" You are deeply analytical unlike most black people, keep it up

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by jojothaiv(m): 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
shegzhkn:
Amass the little resources you've got to enrich yourself while the rest of the people suffers.

It not always about money, the Saudis have more money than any African country and they also deal with these kind of problems too but just on a different scale, their elite (Mostly Royals) like to die in foreign shores e.g US, France or Switzerland.

You use the resources you have to build power and influence but low IQ people don't get it.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Evanschris199(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Corrosiveman:
grin
Having money to tour
round the world is the dream of everyone
Without money it will be very difficult
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by emorse(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
So many Nigerians, especially on blogs such as this, have this warped mindset that all you need is money. They will tell you that traveling abroad is a waste of time. So many "patriots" will tell you that getting a second passport is a waste of time and that you are still a second class citizen abroad. These "patriots" will tell you that the money and time you wasted in getting a second passport would have been used to set up "several businesses" in Nigeria. What's that saying "money is the koko!"

Yes, money is very important. However, money is not enough. If you are up to date with global news, you would know that Russian billionaires are being denied visas to many western countries for political reasons. These are guys with serious money. Look at Roman Abramovitch. Dude's visa was cancelled. This is a man who was once the richest man in the UK. Even richer than their own billionaires. We are talking about a man who has invested more than 2 billion pounds into the British economy. He's only saving grace is that he's entitled to Israeli citizenship courtesy of him being of jewish descent. Israeli citizens do not need visa to visit the UK for 3 months. Where am I going with this? If this could happen to white Russians, who are Nigerians?

If you want further reasons why having money alone is not enough, look no further than the richest black man in the planet (Aliko Dangote). Nigeria's richest man said it himself a few years ago that despite all his wealth and influence in Africa, he needs several visas to travel to multiple African countries. Yes, the man so many materialistic Nigerians use as a template for success has admitted that his vast wealth is not enough to enable him to travel to multiple countries at once. As long as he only has a Nigerian passport, he will have to apply for multiple visas at different embassies and go through so many hurdles.

Look at the situation with Nigerians in UAE (Dubai). They have stopped issuing visas to Nigerians due to the idiotic behaviour of our compatriots over there. This visa ban applies to everyone regardless of class. One could say that Dubai is not in your to do list. What about others who have business there? See the way the U.S. embassy is treating Nigerians.. They don't give a damn who you are. They are rejecting applications like it's going out of style. Even the visas issued to Nigerians is no more than 2 years. Think about it. You have to renew your B1/B2 visa every two years. That is a lot of money. Meanwhile, South Africans have a 10 year visa.Turkey has cancelled electronic visas (e-visa) for Nigerians. What used to be a simple procedure is no longer the case.

Young Nigerian, it's time to give yourselves sense. Don't listen to people discouraging you from giving yourselves options. With all the so called money they are making, what is their quality of life? Health care zero. Education zero. Infrastructure zero. A second passport gives you access to better health care, education, business opportunities and other benefits. Most of your elite have it. Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajamilla to name a few have second passports. They are not fools. A lot of those Nairaland diasporans have it and discourage people from getting it due to selfishness and hypocrisy.
Let's say we are best of friends. I leave my house one day to stay with you indefinitely. My reason is "because I have a leaky roof". How would you react?

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by professore(m): 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
ponlear:
I can’t agree less.
With your dual citizenship, you have even more options on your plate.

If you’re denied based on option A, you can shot with option B.

In all, money is still key

Stack up the funds and buy your second citizenship in a country like St Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Dominica and St Lucia that allows you travel up to 157 other countries including the US, UK, Canada and more for being a citizen and you carry their passport
really?

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
ponlear:
I can’t agree less.
With your dual citizenship, you have even more options on your plate.

If you’re denied based on option A, you can shot with option B.

In all, money is still key

Stack up the funds and buy your second citizenship in a country like St Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Dominica and St Lucia that allows you travel up to 157 other countries including the US, UK, Canada and more for being a citizen and you carry their passport
There's no carribean country that has a visa free Access to the USA and Canada. The only country in the Americas that's part of ESTA aside Canada is Chile and you can't buy their citizenship.

4 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
akpunda86:

Yes but Ur a lazy youth u lack direction I'm comfortable
ewu no be you be this? Nigeria kee u dia

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by EconFinance: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
maasoap:

You are wrong! Many desire to move back because they believe that nothing like home
The person you quoted has a point
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by EconFinance: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
emorse:

Let's say we are best of friends. I leave my house one day to stay with you indefinitely. My reason is "because I have a leaky roof". How would you react?
If you are adding value to my house
I would be happy to have you

But if you are an entitled leech adding zero value
You are getting the boot

The same logic applies to immigration

There is a reason why most Countries welcome German and Japanese Migrants and loathe Arab migrants

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by GistFullGround: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Nitingale:
Fact!
Traveling is part of life..

I can bet you didn't read the write-up; how is "Traveling is Part of life" the main import of the article?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Acidosis(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
I hope you understand that human want is insatiable. Those with dual citizenship are now trying to get a third one. Those with three are trying to get the fourth.

At the end of it all, what are you trying to mitigate exactly? War situation? Pray make dem no ground airport na cheesy

Bold of you to think that those Russian Billionaires can escape criticisms and attacks because of foreign passports. You think foreign citizenship on a black skin will change anything in the event of a full blown racism, xenophobia, ethnic crisis, or war situation?

At the end of it all, these people know their "own" o. A foreign passport will get you easy access (typically) but it won't help your integration process one bit. So just in case you're trying to guard against a crisis situation or discrimination, you may need to read your history again.

4 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
Don't Worry, as Virtual Reality Progresses, you
will be able to have any luxurious experience
(Including Travelling) at the comfort of your own
house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mufeRQYgqZc
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Lannister360: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:

Have you lived in the west before?
If no, then you have no right to advice anyone on travel matters.

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Treadway: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
All these finicky feeble-minded folks. The herd mentality reminds me of Jan 27, 2000 Ikeja bomb blast, hundreds all ran into a gaddem canal, one after the other, after the other, after the other, right into an avoidable death. So pathetic a situation, that the bombs that went off weren't eventually the cause of the deaths at the end of the day, but drowning in dirty, shitty water, just cos none had any independent thought in that moment. According to OP, the sole purpose in life of the Nigerian youth must be to have another passport. That is his evaluation of life's worth. Well, let me borrow the trite phrase most here use...is it your money they are building/making? Rest jare.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Treadway: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ayo13945:
Don't Worry, as Virtual Reality Progresses, you
will be able to have any luxurious experience
(Including Travelling) at the comfort of your own
house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mufeRQYgqZc
that's the beauty of VR tech. It is already possible. Some fun outdoor sites have already been rendered in 360 video UHD quality. You can tour some fun outdoor sites right from your living room using VR headsets.

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by akpunda86: 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
ewu no be you be this? Nigeria kee u dia

Pity u joblessness is a disease,
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Adelaide54: 2:53am On Dec 24, 2022
gforce5:

Most of you guys are just unfortunate people always crying how people are discouraging you from Japa and all of that. Who discourage you from traveling? Do you think you really matter? If someone post on here about the harsh way he's been treated in the abroad, the next thing is for you unfortunate lot to cry and say he's discouraging you from Japa by posting that.

If Nigeria is okay today , people will still go abroad because an average Nigerian has a subservient and slavery mentality to the white. We believe everytime about abroad is always the best, even if our country is doing better than these countries. It's just the way we're build.

Why must the whole purpose of your life revolve around going abroad and traveling travelling? Why . Ask yourself. The simple reason is that an average black man is a slave. Thanks

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Cromagnon: 3:29am On Dec 24, 2022
gforce5:

or just fix your country,.
Qatari, Dubai and Saudi ppl don't need to travel anywhere cis their countries have everything
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by SavageBoy: 6:16am On Dec 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

There's no carribean country that has a visa free Access to the USA and Canada. The only country in the Americas that's part of ESTA aside Canada is Chile and you can't buy their citizenship.

Tensa, you know that lanlege guy wey you post say dey receive $33000 a month? The guy don buy St Nevis and Kitts passport.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:00am On Dec 24, 2022
SavageBoy:

Tensa, you know that lanlege guy wey you post say dey receive $33000 a month? The guy don buy St Nevis and Kitts passport.

Yeah saw it on twitter.

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by EconFinance: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2022
Cromagnon:
or just fix your country,.
Qatari, Dubai and Saudi ppl don't need to travel anywhere cis their countries have everything

That's the irony
Many Saudis actually live abroad
Hope you know that
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Regex: 8:45am On Dec 24, 2022
Adelaide54:

Most of you guys are just unfortunate people always crying how people are discouraging you from Japa and all of that. Who discourage you from traveling? Do you think you really matter? If someone post on here about the harsh way he's been treated in the abroad, the next thing is for you unfortunate lot to cry and say he's discouraging you from Japa by posting that.

If Nigeria is okay today , people will still go abroad because an average Nigerian has a subservient and slavery mentality to the white. We believe everytime about abroad is always the best, even if our country is doing better than these countries. It's just the way we're build.

Why must the whole purpose of your life revolve around going abroad and traveling travelling? Why . Ask yourself. The simple reason is that an average black man is a slave. Thanks

Travelling is about learning. If I quote right, Pansophist once said on this forum, the whole world is like a book, where you are born is like a chapter. He also went further to say, where ever you find yourself in and you discover you are not growing, you should move yourself to another place where your growth is enhanced in his words, 'Go where you are accepted and respected'. Many people who travel are very inquisitive and open to learning different things first hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy / Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids / Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.