Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. (20783 Views)

Nigerians Are Stranded In Without Travel Passports / Please What Are The Travel Options That A Law Graduate Have? / Ibom Air Studies International Route Options With Ibom Air Bombardier CRJ900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Brownshoe: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2022
Sukkyy2010:
I dey tell you my broda, people brag confidently during Buhari era now see our experience .
No mind them,useless confidence

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by emorse(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2022
EconFinance:

If you are adding value to my house
I would be happy to have you

But if you are an entitled leech adding zero value
You are getting the boot

The same logic applies to immigration

There is a reason why most Countries welcome German and Japanese Migrants and loathe Arab migrants
Great. By "adding value", I suppose you mean doing things that you can't / wouldn't do for yourself. Usually simple or mundane things. What if I start to take up some serious responsibilities like splitting bills, taking your wife and kids out once in a while, etc? Mind you, you can be 1000% sure that I'm not going to do anything with the intention of causing damage to your home. Don't forget that I'm "adding value" to your home o. Don't forget either that the reason why I'm in your home is because I have a leaky roof at mine. How would you react now?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by emorse(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2022
Acidosis:
I hope you understand that human want is insatiable. Those with dual citizenship are now trying to get a third one. Those with three are trying to get the fourth.

At the end of it all, what are you trying to mitigate exactly? War situation? Pray make dem no ground airport na cheesy

Bold of you to think that those Russian Billionaires can escape criticisms and attacks because of foreign passports. You think foreign citizenship on a black skin will change anything in the event of a full blown racism, xenophobia, ethnic crisis, or war situation?

At the end of it all, these people know their "own" o. A foreign passport will get you easy access (typically) but it won't help your integration process one bit. So just in case you're trying to guard against a crisis situation or discrimination, you may need to read your history again.

Exactly what many of my countrymen have failed to understand. There's no place like home o. Unfortunately at the moment, home doesn't feel like so much due to our myriad of problems.

The least I think we can do is to try to solve as many as we can starting with the little that we can. Travel abroad if you must but try to remember home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by ponlear(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
professore:
really?

Yes.. Google is available

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Gerrard59(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
AndyCole16:

I will advise you to quit mentioning that guy. We know people like that, once they have little change every other person are lazy. Coming online to brag their suppose millions that existed only in their dream.

The person that said Nigeria is all in all......

Ndi "when you have money, you would enjoy Nigeria". grin While that can be true to an extent (my mom even objects to it and she has money), Nigeria is too unsafe for my liking.

Akpunda86, how market? Better thank God o.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Gerrard59(m): 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
Acidosis:
I hope you understand that human want is insatiable. Those with dual citizenship are now trying to get a third one. Those with three are trying to get the fourth.

At the end of it all, what are you trying to mitigate exactly? War situation? Pray make dem no ground airport na cheesy

Bold of you to think that those Russian Billionaires can escape criticisms and attacks because of foreign passports. You think foreign citizenship on a black skin will change anything in the event of a full blown racism, xenophobia, ethnic crisis, or war situation?

At the end of it all, these people know their "own" o. A foreign passport will get you easy access (typically) but it won't help your integration process one bit. So just in case you're trying to guard against a crisis situation or discrimination, you may need to read your history again.

I perfectly agree with this. The way I see it, the best plan is to settle in a black dominated country that is seemingly functional and safe. However, Nigeria is not any of the two. Alternatively, people should understand that humans are very discriminatory and should not be surprised when they witness such acts. An example is what happened when the war in Ukraine started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Gerrard59(m): 4:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
emorse:

Exactly what many of my countrymen have failed to understand. There's no place like home o. Unfortunately at the moment, home doesn't feel like so much due to our myriad of problems.

The least I think we can do is to try to solve as many as we can starting with the little that we can. Travel abroad if you must but try to remember home

Home must not be Nigeria. There are many black dominated countries that are seemingly safe, although not prosperous like non-black dominated countries, people can settle there.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by emorse(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
Gerrard59:

Home must not be Nigeria. There are many black dominated countries that are seemingly safe, although not prosperous like non-black dominated countries, people can settle there.
Oh yes. But as the saying goes, "when talk reach talk, everybody go point to him papa house". African Americans, Asian Americans, etc have lived in America for hundreds of years yet they still get discriminated against. The black South Africans still discriminate against the Whites "when talk reach talk", and so on and so forth.

I believe that in our search for Eldorado, we should do the bit we can to make "home" better. Maybe not for ourselves personally, but for those who care about us and whom we care about.

By the way, e no go better for the people wey selfishly put us for this position wey we dey so.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by pansophist(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2022
Money is just a means to an end, or a vehicle that takes you to a destination. Enjoy your money by seeing the world. That's how you mean.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by esiribiz: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2022
There are lots of traveling options out there. Most will just take your money. But there are genuine people out there who are willing to help as well. Just find the right now. Like this one. They've been helping people travel out. Try it.

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by elijah101(m): 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
He simply said … have a second option
akpunda86:

I never logged in but after reading Ur post I have to.First of all you are kid and secondly u need a gud guidance.

Wish I can guide u,making an average turnover as a non politician if 30 million every year and u want one to travel out,bros you can go for vaccation but not travel out.What is it over there,Nigeria is a sweet country.My kid broda talking like you travelled to Sweden but came back for holidays,I linked him up to a contract which he used my company to do,his gain just for procurement is 7.2 million and having seen how it is done wants to do more.
Yes our health,power,road system is bad,but what will we do.Go on vacation and see how Ur respected over there cos u ain't gonna take shit from anybody.But as an asylum seeker is insult upon insult,bros Nigeria is bad but is sweet.
Funny thing. Is it dey sweet sum dey pain sum but overthere is also painful.
Enjoy Naija by travelling out doing biz but NVR be on salary.
Cheers
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by elijah101(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
Really … where can you get the good health care … common 24hrs electricity … u dont have …
Smartguyboy:

All the time better health care as if it’s free in abroad or education there is the best
People in USA still complain they can’t get good health care over there and for the schools if you did not go to one of the Ivy League bro you will still struggle over there . Every good things in life involved money you can still get a good health care here in Nigeria �� and quality education too.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Smartguyboy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
elijah101:
Really … where can you get the good health care … common 24hrs electricity … u dont have …
Good healthcare is not for the poor you manage what you see . Not everywhere have 24 light
Una too they think this abroad na heaven .
Hundred of thousands are suffering in Texas right now without light . Where I live we do you have steady light like I said good things in life are not free .
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by ScalesDemy: 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
Get a second passport from a Central or South American country either by residence, marriage or investment.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by sacajawea: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2022
ponlear:
I can’t agree less.
With your dual citizenship, you have even more options on your plate.

If you’re denied based on option A, you can shot with option B.

In all, money is still key

Stack up the funds and buy your second citizenship in a country like St Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Dominica and St Lucia that allows you travel up to 157 other countries including the US, UK, Canada and more for being a citizen and you carry their passport
How much for buying this citizenship
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by ponlear(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
sacajawea:

How much for buying this citizenship

They’re expensive
The cheapest is starting from $100,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is what they don't understand. As long as you are poor, you are a second class citizen in your own country. Look at the female lawyer's death. If the victim wasn't a lawyer AND woman, would it have been newsworthy? Look at the death of the daughter of the former deputy Governor of Ondo State. If not for her high status in society, would her death have received such widespread media coverage in the country? Many people didn't even know about ritual killings until her death. If you aren't part of the elite or connected to the elites, no one gives a damn about you in this country.
socialmediaman:

Even in Nigeria, as far as I am my opinion goes, most Nigerians are second class citizens. If you disagree and want to test this theory, go out to Aso Rock with placards and protest against Buhari, just one slap or teargas or gunshot will reset your brain. Only the political class can do it and have meaningful impact. So you're a second class citizen if you're not rich or have political power, forget tribe or religion.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
That's the irony. Ministers who are supposed to be patriotic, run to another man's country to give their children better options. They know that the Nigerian passport is useless and a stumbling block to progress. So they sell "patriotism" to the gullible sheep (including those criticising me in this blog) while looking for ways to expand their options in case the country collapses.
Falseprofet2:
What you can't have
You hate
Some of the worst ranters here: screaming day and night America did this, america did that, comes from been denied a U.S visa at some point

Does America care?
Nope; they go on been the big nation they are, where even Ministers rush to go and give birth. Half of Nigeria celebrities have their kids in america; they have a reason, they are not all mad cheesy

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is another sheep I was talking about. The ones who only think about money. Never in my post did I mention that you must migrate. I only said that you should have options in case things go wrong. Who cares about N30 million salary when nothing is working? sad All Nigerians talk about is money. That's why you are a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. No innovation, no development, no creativity. Only money, religion, relationships and sex. Zero foresight. I'm not shocked as you lots are very predictable.
akpunda86:

I never logged in but after reading Ur post I have to.First of all you are kid and secondly u need a gud guidance.

Wish I can guide u,making an average turnover as a non politician if 30 million every year and u want one to travel out,bros you can go for vaccation but not travel out.What is it over there,Nigeria is a sweet country.My kid broda talking like you travelled to Sweden but came back for holidays,I linked him up to a contract which he used my company to do,his gain just for procurement is 7.2 million and having seen how it is done wants to do more.
Yes our health,power,road system is bad,but what will we do.Go on vacation and see how Ur respected over there cos u ain't gonna take shit from anybody.But as an asylum seeker is insult upon insult,bros Nigeria is bad but is sweet.
Funny thing. Is it dey sweet sum dey pain sum but overthere is also painful.
Enjoy Naija by travelling out doing biz but NVR be on salary.
Cheers
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
They have SECOND PASSPORTS. Their visas cannot be cancelled unless they did something dangerous such as sponsoring terrorists or money laundering. Saraki has a BRITISH PASSPORT. He has never been denied access to the country he was born in. Ben Bruce is always in and out of the States as he's an American citizen along with his kids and grandkids. Lawan and Gbajabiamila have never been denied entry abroad to my knowledge as they have second passports. Come on man. Be analytical.
maasoap:

But in the same post, you gave examples of several people with visas that were cancelled and those who were denied. In other words, you simply inferred that people like Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila can still have their visas cancelled or denied at any time. So, what is the point?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ha! Let me tell you something about myself. I was born and bred in Lagos, left Nigeria after high school to the UK and lived there for approximately 13 years. I have 13 family members in the UK. I moved back to Nigeria a few years ago to qualify as a Barrister/Solicitor and I'm now an immigration lawyer specializing in both Nigerian and British immigration laws. In short, I know more about the west than you will ever know. We aren't mates.
Lannister360:

Have you lived in the west before?
If no, then you have no right to advice anyone on travel matters.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by IwasNeverGone: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
gforce5:
Ha! Let me tell you something about myself. I was born and bred in Lagos, left Nigeria after high school to the UK and lived there for approximately 13 years. I have 13 family members in the UK. I moved back to Nigeria a few years ago to qualify as a Barrister/Solicitor and I'm now an immigration lawyer specializing in both Nigerian and British immigration laws. In short, I know more about the west than you will ever know. We aren't mates.
grin
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Let me say first and foremost that I appreciate that this post has reached front page. I didn't expect it at all. Secondly, for those usual "patriots" talking about "no place but home and being a second class citizen abroad", no where did I mention that you must stay abroad or run away from Nigeria. All i said is that with all the problems Nigerians are facing traveling for business, tourism or other reasons, they should try and get a second passport to make life easier for themselves as just having money is not enough. Dual nationality is not a new phenomenom. Celebs all around the world have it. Most Hollywood celebs have dual nationality. Many Brits are applying for second passports to grant them unlimited access to the EU market. Most South American footballers have second passports. Messi has Spanish citizenship. Do you think that he will renounce it in the name of "patriotism"?The problem with most Nigerians is that they are very close-minded and myopic. They refuse to learn about what's happening in the world. They refuse to accept that we live in a globalized world.

I never said that you shouldn't make money. In fact, money and second passport goes hand in hand. The people who have the two are the ones who actually enjoy Nigeria the most. They make up the jet set. Let me tell you something, a lot of rich kids in this country who don't have second passports are envious of those who have because they don't have the same limitations.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Cromagnon: 6:51am On Dec 30, 2022
EconFinance:

That's the irony
Many Saudis actually live abroad
Hope you know that
How many Saudis live abroad?
Are they JapaIng?
Are they looking for work or security abroad?
But continue defending. When jungle mature we will remind you
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Lannister360: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
gforce5:

You just open your mouth and say whatever you like, are you the only Nigerian that studied law in the UK ? Do you know about my own profile ?

"We are not mates" for you small mind.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by EconFinance: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Cromagnon:

How many Saudis live abroad?
Are they JapaIng?
Are they looking for work or security abroad?
But continue defending. When jungle mature we will remind you

How many Saudis live abroad ?
A lot !

Are they looking for work or security abroad ?
I'm not Arab so I don't know; but what I do know is that the repressive ambience back home don't sit well with a lot of then

Continue defending what now ?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by EconFinance: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
gforce5:
Let me say first and foremost that I appreciate that this post has reached front page. I didn't expect it at all. Secondly, for those usual "patriots" talking about "no place but home and being a second class citizen abroad", no where did I mention that you must stay abroad or run away from Nigeria. All i said is that with all the problems Nigerians are facing traveling for business, tourism or other reasons, they should try and get a second passport to make life easier for themselves as just having money is not enough. Dual nationality is not a new phenomenom. Celebs all around the world have it. Most Hollywood celebs have dual nationality. Many Brits are applying for second passports to grant them unlimited access to the EU market. Most South American footballers have second passports. Messi has Spanish citizenship. Do you think that he will renounce it in the name of "patriotism"?The problem with most Nigerians is that they are very close-minded and myopic. They refuse to learn about what's happening in the world. They refuse to accept that we live in a globalized world.

I never said that you shouldn't make money. In fact, money and second passport goes hand in hand. The people who have the two are the ones who actually enjoy Nigeria the most. They make up the jet set. Let me tell you something, a lot of rich kids in this country who don't have second passports are envious of those who have because they don't have the same limitations.

Your last paragraph is so true.
Rich kids with Nigerian passports alone envy their peers that can just breeze in and breeze out

Regardless of how much money you THINK you have
That must sting you a lil bit

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by gforce5: 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
Exactly. Finally, someone gets it. When I was at the Nigerian Law School, a lot of those rich ajebutter kids who studied abroad were jealous of those who had foreign passports. VERY jealous. With all their parents influence, they were stuck in Nigeria while those with British, American and Canadian passports moved back to their base when they realized that the salaries wasn't enough to sustain their lifestyle. Even now, many rich people have missed important conferences and meetings because of the limitations of the Nigerian passport. Many lawyers could not make the International Bar Conference in the States due to this very problem.
EconFinance:

Your last paragraph is so true.
Rich kids with Nigerian passports alone envy their peers that can just breeze in and breeze out

Regardless of how much money you THINK you have
That must sting you a lil bit
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Cromagnon: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
EconFinance:

How many Saudis live abroad ?
A lot !

What percentage?
Do they fight at their embassy
Our doctors went for job interview at their embassy

Are they looking for work or security abroad ?
I'm not Arab so I don't know; but what I do know is that the repressive ambience back home don't sit well with a lot of then
What repression?
That's for only women
And they mostly support it
It's just the woke few that may want to leave but not for livelihood like in Nigeria

Continue defending what now ?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by emmaodet: 7:14am On Jan 10, 2023
gforce5:
Exactly. Finally, someone gets it. When I was at the Nigerian Law School, a lot of those rich ajebutter kids who studied abroad were jealous of those who had foreign passports. VERY jealous. With all their parents influence, they were stuck in Nigeria while those with British, American and Canadian passports moved back to their base when they realized that the salaries wasn't enough to sustain their lifestyle. Even now, many rich people have missed important conferences and meetings because of the limitations of the Nigerian passport. Many lawyers could not make the International Bar Conference in the States due to this very problem.

Na wa ooo
The way you people talk about traveling sef, i wonder who are the nigerians going to airport daily traveling out and into the country easily.
As far as am concerned, provided you have above 5m in your account as a single person, traveling in and out of the country won't be an issue.
The only set of people having issue traveling out or struggling with visas are economic migrants and not tourists/visit visas even study or medical.
International airports are filled daily 24/7 with planes filled more than 50%. Who do you think are inside? ghosts? 85% are nigerians with nigerian passports aside foreigners.
So what is the hula-balo about double passport as if you can't travel out as you wish if you have the money.
Having a strong passport doesn't even guarantee travelling to many places because traveling itself is expensive.
With over 40 countries nigerians can even travel to visa free with their passports, how many don visit just 10 of those countries in the last 10 years? Atleast, this are visa free countries now.
Even Oyinbos with their strong passport, over 80% of them have not been to 10 countries in the pass 10 years, so what is the fuss about?
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by cori908: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2023
In some way, I agree with you. I spend about 40% of my budget on trips, I need these emotions all the time (mostly via travel agencies and helpful cheapoair customer service ). But I also assume that different people have different priorities, and they simply don't like traveling.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by EconFinance: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
gforce5:

Yup
EXACTLY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Most Romantic Spots In Abuja / Police Detain 12 Illegal Nigerians Over Refusal To Leave Kazakhstan / Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.