Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC (19797 Views)

Asari Dokubo: I Was In Prison, Tinubu Gave My Wife A House, Paid My Kids' Fees / Sunday Igboho: Tinubu Gave Me N2 Million When I Visited Him At Bourdillon / Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by naijabetlee(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
The All Progressives Congress presidential campaign council said its presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima gave alms as an act of compassion.

The campaign council stated this on Wednesday, noting that it would be unfair for anybody to label the alms given by its flag bearers as bribery.

Tinubu and Shettima were seen a two-minute video on Tuesday giving crispy naira notes to a physically challenged during his meeting with people living with disabilities in Abuja.

The video clip, which has now gone viral met with criticisms from opposition members including Reno Omokri, former aide to President Goodluck Jonathan and Emeka Obasi, media aide to Labour Party presidential candidate, who describing act as a brazen act of corruption.

Reacting to the development, the Deputy Spokesperson of Tinubu/Shettima PCC, Hannatu Musawa, said the APC flag bearers are guilty of any wrongdoing.

Musawa cleared the air on the controversy surrounding the matter in a statement titled,” “Misrepresentation of a harmless video I, Hannatu Musa Musawa, posted of my principals giving alms and charity to a poor and disabled elderly gentleman.”

She said Tinubu and Shettima only demonstrated act of kindness towards a disabled man in need, adding that she was stunned to discover that the narration was spun by the opposition to reflect an act of bribery and corruption.

The statement read, “My attention has been drawn to the dishonest, erroneous and incorrect narrative spun by unctuous, dissipated, debauched and desperate elements within the opposition to turn a perfectly innocent video I posted of a kind act I witnessed my Principals carrying out into something mendacious and devious.

“A few days ago I attended a gathering with the Presidential candidate of the APC Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his running mate, Alhaji Kashim Shetima where they had a robust engagement with persons with disability.

“During the event, our principals had the opportunity to interact with a poor and disabled elderly gentleman. Borne purely out of compassion, my principals spoke to this gentleman, listened to him and performed the tenant of charity and alms giving towards him.

“As I watched this tender moment between the three men, I wanted to capture it and show the world the empathy that organically runs through the veins of my principals, and that raw spirit of charity that they both imbibe.”

While stating the clip wasn’t shared out in error, the legal expert disclosed that she shared the viral video to tell a compassionate and compelling story of leadership as shown by her principals.

Musawa noted that while it is unfortunate that the opposition refuses to issue-based campaign and manifestos, it is clear that they are grasping at straws and adopting extreme methods to stay relevant.

She stated, “I posted the video, not out of mistake, but with the intention of telling the compassionate story of the empathetic leadership that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, supported by Alhaji Kashim Shetima will surely give to Nigeria after they emerge victorious in the upcoming election, by the grace of The Almighty.

“As I watch the negative chronicle being spun by the opposition Svengali’s, trying to enforce a specific negative narrative on the public, it is clear that the falsehood being spread stems from the devious imagination and wicked machinations of a desperate and self combusting opposition.

“I would have dismissed the musings as the rantings of an inconsequential opposition. However, I am compelled to make this response because of innocent Nigerians that may be misled by such devious rhetoric.

“On Monday the 19th December 2022 at approximately 4:48 pm, I watched with appreciation and approbation as my two principals, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Kashim Shetima performed an act of kindness towards a poor and disabled man who was truly in need. After watching them, I was further convinced that these were two men of precious faith that have the heart of kindness, empathy and compassion. And I believed it was a story that needed to be told.

“In the Bible under Psalm (112:5-9), it is written “It is well with the man who is gracious and lends; He will maintain his cause in judgment. For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever. He will not fear evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.”

“In Islam we are taught that The prophet (PBUH) says the following in a hadith: “Muslims help each other only by passing the bridge of almsgiving. Almsgiving by virtue of the two holy teachings, giving charity and alms specifically to help the poor becomes a core tenant for Muslims and Christian to abide by.

“That 2 minute video clip was a visual reflection of my principals compassion towards the needy. Rather than commend Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Kashim Shetima, for a kind act towards a man that was clearly in need, the opposition have regrettably decided to put a negative spin on a story of good will and sheer kindness.

“With the trajectory of the upcoming election showing that the pendulum is swinging to the benefit of an APC victory, there is no question that the opposition is behaving like the proverbial “drowning man” determined to pull others down with them. And while there is hardly any purpose in joining issues with a losing opposition, it is important to highlight their diversionary rhetoric and tactics.

“Even though I do understand the despondency and misery of the PDP, who have been hit worse than the Titanic racing towards the iceberg with their loss of 5 ‘brightly shining’ governors and the anguish and despair of the Labour party who have a ‘Constitutional Impossibility’ of winning the next election based on Section 134 of The Constitution, it would be advisable for them to remain on the issues while they try to sort out their in-house complications.

“I have thorough confidence that, come February 25th 2023, Nigerians will exercise their constitutional right and resoundingly vote for the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the 17th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I urge Nigerians to disregard any fabrication attached to my video of an act of kindness and compassion, and rather concentrate on collectively working to move our nation forward by making the upcoming voting exercise the freest and fairest elections Nigeria will ever have.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/tinubu-gave-alms-out-of-compassion-not-bribe-apc-pcc/amp/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Abdul05: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Let us assume the man was bribed

Will his only vote make tinubu win.? Capital No.. so what else

Abeggi ..this one no be news..next news pls.. grin

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by muykem: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
I don't see anything wrong in Tinubu giving his money to a disabled man especially as a muslim. Must everybody be stingy?

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Suunnn(f): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
naijabetlee:
The All Progressives Congress presidential campaign council said its presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima gave alms as an act of compassion.

The campaign council stated this on Wednesday, noting that it would be unfair for anybody to label the alms given by its flag bearers as bribery.

Tinubu and Shettima were seen a two-minute video on Tuesday giving crispy naira notes to a physically challenged during his meeting with people living with disabilities in Abuja.

The video clip, which has now gone viral met with criticisms from opposition members including Reno Omokri, former aide to President Goodluck Jonathan and Emeka Obasi, media aide to Labour Party presidential candidate, who describing act as a brazen act of corruption.

Can Bola Tinubu win the 2023 Presidential Election? BET NOW on www.naijabet.com

Reacting to the development, the Deputy Spokesperson of Tinubu/Shettima PCC, Hannatu Musawa, said the APC flag bearers are guilty of any wrongdoing.

Musawa cleared the air on the controversy surrounding the matter in a statement titled,” “Misrepresentation of a harmless video I, Hannatu Musa Musawa, posted of my principals giving alms and charity to a poor and disabled elderly gentleman.”

She said Tinubu and Shettima only demonstrated act of kindness towards a disabled man in need, adding that she was stunned to discover that the narration was spun by the opposition to reflect an act of bribery and corruption.

The statement read, “My attention has been drawn to the dishonest, erroneous and incorrect narrative spun by unctuous, dissipated, debauched and desperate elements within the opposition to turn a perfectly innocent video I posted of a kind act I witnessed my Principals carrying out into something mendacious and devious.

“A few days ago I attended a gathering with the Presidential candidate of the APC Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his running mate, Alhaji Kashim Shetima where they had a robust engagement with persons with disability.

“During the event, our principals had the opportunity to interact with a poor and disabled elderly gentleman. Borne purely out of compassion, my principals spoke to this gentleman, listened to him and performed the tenant of charity and alms giving towards him.

“As I watched this tender moment between the three men, I wanted to capture it and show the world the empathy that organically runs through the veins of my principals, and that raw spirit of charity that they both imbibe.”

While stating the clip wasn’t shared out in error, the legal expert disclosed that she shared the viral video to tell a compassionate and compelling story of leadership as shown by her principals.

Musawa noted that while it is unfortunate that the opposition refuses to issue-based campaign and manifestos, it is clear that they are grasping at straws and adopting extreme methods to stay relevant.

She stated, “I posted the video, not out of mistake, but with the intention of telling the compassionate story of the empathetic leadership that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, supported by Alhaji Kashim Shetima will surely give to Nigeria after they emerge victorious in the upcoming election, by the grace of The Almighty.

“As I watch the negative chronicle being spun by the opposition Svengali’s, trying to enforce a specific negative narrative on the public, it is clear that the falsehood being spread stems from the devious imagination and wicked machinations of a desperate and self combusting opposition.

“I would have dismissed the musings as the rantings of an inconsequential opposition. However, I am compelled to make this response because of innocent Nigerians that may be misled by such devious rhetoric.

“On Monday the 19th December 2022 at approximately 4:48 pm, I watched with appreciation and approbation as my two principals, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Kashim Shetima performed an act of kindness towards a poor and disabled man who was truly in need. After watching them, I was further convinced that these were two men of precious faith that have the heart of kindness, empathy and compassion. And I believed it was a story that needed to be told.

“In the Bible under Psalm (112:5-9), it is written “It is well with the man who is gracious and lends; He will maintain his cause in judgment. For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever. He will not fear evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.”

“In Islam we are taught that The prophet (PBUH) says the following in a hadith: “Muslims help each other only by passing the bridge of almsgiving. Almsgiving by virtue of the two holy teachings, giving charity and alms specifically to help the poor becomes a core tenant for Muslims and Christian to abide by.

Can Bola Tinubu win the 2023 Presidential Election? BET NOW on www.naijabet.com

“That 2 minute video clip was a visual reflection of my principals compassion towards the needy. Rather than commend Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Kashim Shetima, for a kind act towards a man that was clearly in need, the opposition have regrettably decided to put a negative spin on a story of good will and sheer kindness.

“With the trajectory of the upcoming election showing that the pendulum is swinging to the benefit of an APC victory, there is no question that the opposition is behaving like the proverbial “drowning man” determined to pull others down with them. And while there is hardly any purpose in joining issues with a losing opposition, it is important to highlight their diversionary rhetoric and tactics.

“Even though I do understand the despondency and misery of the PDP, who have been hit worse than the Titanic racing towards the iceberg with their loss of 5 ‘brightly shining’ governors and the anguish and despair of the Labour party who have a ‘Constitutional Impossibility’ of winning the next election based on Section 134 of The Constitution, it would be advisable for them to remain on the issues while they try to sort out their in-house complications.

“I have thorough confidence that, come February 25th 2023, Nigerians will exercise their constitutional right and resoundingly vote for the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the 17th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I urge Nigerians to disregard any fabrication attached to my video of an act of kindness and compassion, and rather concentrate on collectively working to move our nation forward by making the upcoming voting exercise the freest and fairest elections Nigeria will ever have.”
Trying to convince or confuse?

Contact me for your academic assignment, articles,, research works,,, thesis. WhatsApp Me..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by JASONjnr(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
Abdul05:

Abeg ..this one no be news..next news pls.. grin

You people think that Nigerians are brainless like all the urchins ...

You give a bribe just to entice others...

Secondly, it's an offense to bribe especially when you're vying for a presidential seat....

This is corruption and doesn't speak well of his character and I doubt any sane human would see this and want to support him since all he's bringing to the table is bribery..

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by AllTheWayUp: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mad and confused Tinubu zombies

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Abdul05: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
JASONjnr:

You people think that Nigerians are brainless like all the urchins ...

You give a bribe just to entice others...

Secondly, it's an offense to bribe especially when you're vying for a presidential seat....

This is corruption and doesn't speak well of his character and I doubt any sane human would see this and want to support him since all he's bringing to the table is bribery..

Go hug a transformer.... cheesy grin

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by lexylaw40: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
Asiwaju is well known for his generosity

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by lexylaw40: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
He still haven't changed...what a nice man

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by lexylaw40: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
Tinubu you don bash my car OWO RE PE TE

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Betanaija42moro: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lies, I can't believe anything APC again.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by bonechamberlain(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
angry Is that how to give alms out of compassion.
From Shettima holding the money and covertly issuing it to the policeman who in turn handles it to Tinubu in a hidden manner to Tinibu immediately putting the money into the old man's hand and the old man immediately with speed pocketing the money.

This is how criminals and drug barons operate.
These politicians have weaponised poverty, so you can easily collect crumbs and do as you are told, but these demonic tactic would end next year .

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by ATLIEN2027: 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
Anyone with basic logic and common sense can see that he's simply trying to help out someone in need.
Only the brainless IPOB Zombidient terrorist fools are blind to these obvious facts.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by DevilSignature: 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
angry
It's pitiable stories that people will believe that a man who murdered Funsho Williams could have compassion on anyone.
An epileptic old demon who co-piloted APC murderous and afflictions government on every living souls in Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Jokerman(m): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
A town hall different from Bala blu ... Blu... Blu... bulaba....

Or is it for Eba?

20 Likes

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by nkemoma(m): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
Yekini Amoda is a thief, drug Lord and poos on himself...

Only thieves, hoodlums, touts and selfish ethnic and religious jingoists supports him.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Roger3D(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
I see nothing wrong with what Tinubu did except he that he could have been more discrete by instructing one of his aides to gift the man the money behind the scenes

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Damage control. We all know Tinubu is a shameless thief who has been rendered demented due to his long use of hard drugs. Just look at the thief...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by ganisucks(f): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
The only people obsessing over this irrelevant news are the people at SWAGA, APC PCC and Everybody's cereal box: Reno Omokri.

Everyone else is watching and reading up on the newly released ANAP/NOI polls.

Here's the link: https://www.icirnigeria.org/2023-again-obi-leads-tinubu-atiku-kwankwaso-in-second-anap-poll/

I'm dropping this link mostly for supporters of Tinubu.
Read it and weep.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Swiperite: 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol, that doesn't look like a voluntary almsgiving.
Not with the way Shetima was shining eyes and looking around suspiciously.

More like a damage control

It was even the new 1k note, isn't it too early? shocked cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Racoon(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Stupid and senseless damage control. Heroine-drug trafficking/running monies is an abomination to accept or spend because it is stuff that altered the normal wellbeing of humanity and even kills.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by SIMONEKPA7: 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
smiley
Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by NwaNimo1(m): 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by sunnymaja(m): 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
The money given was put inside pocket with ease. So objectivity can not quantify such money in such gathering as bribe.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by ozoebuka1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
Abdul05:

Abeg ..this one no be news..next news pls.. grin

you no get sense... It's either you are not up to 15yrs or your brain never mature.

How could someone that uses internet reason like this?

Oga, let's assume this man is the chairman of the purported "disabled men association of Nigeria" who do you think he will ask his fellow disabled to vote for after receiving that 100k?

Your "no sense" still dey pain me undecided

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by JoeNL22(m): 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
We know.....either way!
Tinubu is campaigning for Obi.
For with Tinubu, an old Nigeria is possible.
But with obi, I repeat "but with Obi" a NEW NIGERIA is possible.
#SaneNigerians #VoteOBIDIENTLY

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by Irupetepete: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
I don't support tinubu, infact I hate him but that video was a cheap blackmail
Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by berrystunn(m): 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
Giving out money is not a crime..
But the people involve are corrupt politicians..
Drug dealer with questionable behave.
Setting next with terrorist supporter

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by smile11s(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
wow
Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by mastermaestro(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nothing wrong there. It was a simple act of kindness, even though I do not support his presidential ambition.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC by stuffs2002: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
muykem:
I don't see anything wrong in Tinubu giving his money to a disabled man especially as a muslim. Must everybody be stingy?

This is very true.. We Muslims are encouraged all the time to give to the needy

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Governor Ambode of Lagos State A Tribalist, (no Single Igbo As Commissioner)? / Buhari Absent At FEC Meeting As Osinbajo Presides / 2018 Budget: South East Senators ‘shocked’ Over Reduced Allocation For Enugu Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.