Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG (29909 Views)

My Visit To Second Niger Bridge Site Onitsha Anambra State-photos / Lauretta Onochie Shares Aerial View Pictures Of Second Niger Bridge. (pictures) / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by olab059(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2022
MrEverest:

[b]Why not toll Lagos/Ibadan expressway for proper maintenance? [/b]Why not toll Abuja/Kaduna highway for proper maintenance?

So, it's only when federal government builds any infrastructure in the SE that they would remember tolling for proper maintenance? SMH.

Lagos/Ibadan express is going to be tolled to when work is completed on it. Fashola said so some months back.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by luluosas(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2022
Well, provided it will be maintained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by sekem: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2022
hammer567:
IT IS NOT YET COMPLETED.

INTERCHANGE IS STILL UNCOMPLETED.

That's too bad.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by owobokiri(m): 9:37am On Dec 22, 2022
gozmok1:
According to the report, if I am travelling from Lagos to owerri a distance of 538km , I will pay toll in Benin to asaba, asaba to onitsha via the new constructed bridge and finally pay toll from onitsha to owerri.

But my good friend will leave the same Lagos to Kano about 987km but will only pay toll between lokoja to Abuja.

You see why some of us feel Nigeria is full of injustice.

Mind you, nothing has been recently done on these roads except the New Onitsha bridge. Compared to the Lagos to Kano road that has gulped billions in last 7years.

Imagine me travelling from Benin to Asaba a neighbouring state,I will pay,to lagos,I will pay to lokoja too I will pay. I can't travel out of my state without paying a toll fare. If I want to go further to Onitsha, I will pay twice. To Abuja, I will also pay twice. People see this injustice and turn a blind eye.

When one complains,you see some moronic idiots masturbating with their mouths.

And you have some socalled igbos who are not totally scandalized by this reality.
Imagine all of them following Atiku like maids while Atiku looks them in the face to thunder that Power must remain in the North and that northerners must only vote for northerners! How can the north rule for 16 straight years while the East has never been there since 1966? That is the main reason why some of this "apartheid policies" against the East have been intitutionalized overtime.. And you have some inebriated socalled Igbo elite, championing the Atiku campaign across the nation, in the name of Party solidarity! The same kind of party solidarity that the North seldoms extende to the east?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Litmus: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2022
annisy:
When those from the south east say they are marginalized some people are quick to ask how!! If the federal government wish to toll the second Niger bridge then all other federal roads or bridges Accross the country should be tolled!!!
You can't build a country with double standards

People can use the untolled bridge. The first untolled bridge is even a better looking bridge. You wouldn't, anywhere in the world, win a case that the tolling of the newer Bridge is an example of marginalisation.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Psalmistproject: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2022
Tax Master never even enter presidency he's already building his first robbery gate at Onitsha grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Timmi: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
This effectively makes it the only federal infrastructure that its users will pay before using it. Una well done.

I don't blame you people though - I blame Goodluck Jonathan for coming up with the idea - even the almighty 3rd Mainland Bridge in Lagos is not tolled.

Obviously you are not smart enough to comprehend what Fashola said. Users will not and did not pay before using it. No one paid any money for using it since it was opened temporarily. Tolling a road is common in Nigeria and anywhere, it’s to raise fund fir the maintenance of the road. Get it?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Medphy: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2022
It's a pity that the only infrastructure that this nepotistic Government did in the East is for monetary gain truly South East is marginalized under this regime. Tufiakwa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by juman(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2022
Do all our roads in kwara express ways and put toll gates to get money to maintain the roads.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Okoroawusa: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2022
The Muhammadu Buhari Bridge is ready and all men of good hearts are using it. Whenever the history of the bridge is recounted the name of Muhammadu Buhari will be included in no small measure.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by grandstar(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
This effectively makes it the only federal infrastructure built by this administration that its users will pay before using. Una well done.

I don't blame you people though - I blame Goodluck Jonathan for coming up with the idea - even the almighty 3rd Mainland Bridge in Lagos is not tolled.

I hate tolls because of the traffic snarls but they are a necessary evil. Roads cost a monstrous amount of money to build and maintain and nigerians never known for their willingness to pat taxes want to enjoy them for free. Tolling is the future.

It costs money to build these things. The governments purse is dry. Debt servicing alone will consume 123% of government revenue next year because this government keeps giving out free lunches like an unsustainable high fuel subsidy and bloated civil service it needs to prune.

If the government had a N50 or even N100 tax on every litre of petrol, many road projects could be carried out without a need for tolling.

China used tolling to finance a large amount of roads in the 1990s without which the now impressive road network the country has would not be. Now that it's much wealthier, and also has state banks it can borrow from and never repay, it has stopped the practice of tolling new road project.

Roads cost a lot to maintain and not just build. Free lunches do not cover the cost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Truthdeypain: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2022
Sleekfingers:

There is a plan to toll Lagos - badagry expressway, Lagos - ibadan expressway.....I don't see anything wrong with it....
So stop all these unnecessary sentiments.

Of course its unnecessary sentiments..

We all know all this expressway stuff you are saying is shit. They wouldn't even dare and don't you dare bring up those dubious prints.

We know una. Trying your best to equalise the unequalizable, IGBOS are clearly 5th class citizens in Nigeria, everybody knows it, the blind too and everybody asides they themselves love it.

Enjoy your marginalization while it lasts. IGBO man must always survive.

Nigeria had sideways been use the south to develop the North and then blockade the east entirely. That's the working policy.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by omonnakoda: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2022
DMerciful:
If the Easterners pay toll, they invariably paid for.the bridge which technically means they built it themselves.

Fg did zero for Easterners and this is part of the marginalization we've been talking about.

2023 will be a defining moment
Always making noise and talking rubbish
The First Tollgate and Only tollgate for decades was in Lagos on the Lagos _Ibadan expressway which was there from Obasanjo's military government until he came again and removed them when he was civilian president
YES> !!! check

No one made noise no one complained.

You say FG did Zero . What does the East contribute to the Federation Account?
The simple answer is NOTHING NET

What about the PH-Enugu expressway, Aba
What about Abakaliki to Bamenda Road?

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Truthdeypain: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2022
oweman:

Pollllng that brirge is best to be in good condition soon sure long sok the IPOB vandals are sure to attack the bridge so funds to repair. Will be needed !

Useless and Worthless soul. Son of perdition and all vile. Such an imbecilic fellow. Spits!
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by omonnakoda: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2022
MrEverest:

Why not toll Lagos/Ibadan expressway for proper maintenance? Why not toll Abuja/Kaduna highway for proper maintenance?

So, it's only when federal government builds any infrastructure in the SE that they would remember tolling for proper maintenance? SMH.
How old are you.
That road was tolled for decades . Obasanjo removed the toll because the FG were about to lose a case with the concession company and he does not like to lose so he used military tactics
It was not possible to travel into Lagos on that road without paying and that is why that place is called TOLL GATE

For a long time that was the ONLY toll gate in the country and no one cried like a pregnant Ewu. So stop these fictional sentiments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by DMerciful(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2022
We're tslking now, you're talking 1978 just to justify your hatred towards the East! We dont contibute anything but you hate Biafra and ipob because they wanna leave Nigeria for you
omonnakoda:
Always making noise and talking rubbish
The First Tollgate and Only tollgate for decades was in Lagos on the Lagos _Ibadan expressway which was there from Obasanjo's military government until he came again and removed them when he was civilian president
YES> !!! check

No one made noise no one complained.

You say FG did Zero . What does the East contribute to the Federation Account?
The simple answer is NOTHING NET

What about the PH-Enugu expressway, Aba
What about Abakaliki to Bamenda Road?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Iamzik: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
This effectively makes it the only federal infrastructure built by this administration that its users will pay before using. Una well done.

Wait until Tinubu become president. They will toll 3MB
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by omonnakoda: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2022
DMerciful:
We're tslking now, you're talking 1978 just to justify your hatred towards the East! We dont contibute anything but you hate Biafra and ipob because they wanna leave Nigeria for you
You are illiterate and unruly

Did Nigeria start now? Others paid toll for decades so do not twist reality

With regard to now go and do your research for information that is all over the internet. Not only is it all over the internet it is on Nairaland in SEVERAL threads . I will not do your homework for you

Your premise that the SE is being singled out for tolls is simply false. Failing to educate yourself on that and then coming out to spread sentiment based on LIES makes YOU what?
Always emotional, always sentimental always reacting to and spreading falsehood to propagate a sense of vivtimhood

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Truthdeypain: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol,what are you waiting for ? Go ahead and destroy it right away,please ! This is the major problem with an average Igbo man;he can't reason beyond his inherently stupid emotions ,shior !

Shit your stupid mouth up.

Agreed the fellow may have been a bit brash.

Yet you who is presumably less stupid, have you criticized condemned or at least acknowledged the unrighteousness in such an action?

Have you ever remotely called black black and white white in your whole existence?

We are here taking about the injustice in this policy but your hate filled heart still finds a way to circumvent the issues on ground snd reduce it to tribalistic banter.

Utterly shallow and useless simpleton!
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by TinubuDeDrugLor: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2022
APC is will akways remain a scam.

The foolish Igbo's celebrating this useless project can now clap for themselves.

God will punish any Igbo who votes for APC.

The target of this evil APC government has been the old eastern region.

Una wedon ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by AK481(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2022
frank14011991:
For proper maintenance it has to be tolled. Buhari is the best thing to have happened to alaigbo

3rd mainland bridge don't need maintenance sbi how Is it being maintained?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Truthdeypain: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2022
olab059:

Lagos/Ibadan express is going to be tolled to when work is completed on it. Fashola said so some months back.

Keep deceiving yourselves

You know the truth but you would rather have your spines cut out than admit it. Lagos and ibadan kor Ekiti and Osun ni.

Hypocrites!
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by TinubuDeDrugLor: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2022
omonnakoda:

With regard to now go and do your research for information that is all over the internet. Not only is it all over the internet it is on Nairaland in SEVERAL threads . I will not do your homework for you

Your premise that the SE is being singled out for tolls is simply false. Failing to educate yourself on that and then coming out to spread sentiment based on LIES makes YOU what?
Always emotional, always sentimental always reacting to and spreading falsehood to propagate a sense of vivtimhood

I've never paid toll on all federal government built bridges I've used in the north or West. So why tax The easterners ?

Can't you see how evil you are ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by omonnakoda: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2022
What is unjust about the policy?
Truthdeypain:

Shit your stupid mouth up.

Agreed the fellow may have been a bit brash.

Yet you who is presumably less stupid, have you criticized condemned or at least acknowledged the unrighteousness in such an action?

Have you ever remotely called black black and white white in your whole existence?

We are here taking about the injustice in this policy but your hate filled heart still finds a way to circumvent the issues on ground snd reduce it to tribalistic banter.

Utterly shallow and useless simpleton!

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2022
Govt borrowed loans to build this bridge, now it is to be tolled so that a few cronies will enjoy the booty. S east wetin una do God.

We dont hear of tolls for the roads and rail way lines built to Niger republic, offcourse people in the south will pay the bulk of the debt, shout alleluyah.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by DMerciful(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2022
Why didnt they start with other completed bridges before now?

Clearly the East is singled out. Yesterday,
they cancelled the Eastern 'Maiduguri rail line, today they're tolling the 2nd Niger Bridge.....

Nigeria has got it coming alright.

Problem with you is that you take pride in your ignorance. To look but not to see
omonnakoda:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by ebukason3(m): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2022
SmartPolician:

Ikoyi link bridge is toll
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Truthdeypain: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2022
Timmi:

Obviously you are not smart enough to comprehend what Fashola said. Users will not and did not pay before using it. No one paid any money for using it since it was opened temporarily. Tolling a road is common in Nigeria and anywhere, it’s to raise fund fir the maintenance of the road. Get it?

Ode a simple question is all I ask.

Of all the billions of projects done and being done in the West and the North, where had this been the case and did this just begin with the IGBOs?

Is this fair at all considering IGBOS have really been marginalised since time immemorial?

Answer thou shameless, lying, hateful, hypocrite
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2022
omonnakoda:
How old are you.
That road was tolled for decades . Obasanjo removed the toll because the FG were about to lose a case with the concession company and he does not like to lose so he used military tactics
It was not possible to travel into Lagos on that road without paying and that is why that place is called TOLL GATE

For a long time that was the ONLY toll gate in the country and no one cried like a pregnant Ewu. So stop these fictional sentiments

Obasanjo removed tolls because those collecting the tolls could not account for the funds, the monies were not even used to maintain the roads, so why pay tolls if a few crooks just share the money?

Nothing to do with concession, you can only claim right concession when you contribute money to build something.

Stop misleading people with your false sense of history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by SmartPolician: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2022
ebukason3:

Ikoyi link bridge is toll

It's not a federal bridge; it belongs to LASG.

No federal bridge is tolled.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by Truthdeypain: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2022
grandstar:

I hate tolls because of the traffic snarls but they are a necessary evil. Roads cost a monstrous amount of money to build and maintain and nigerians never known for their willingness to pat taxes want to enjoy them for free. Tolling is the future.

It costs money to build these things. The governments purse is dry. Debt servicing alone will consume 123% of government revenue next year because this government keeps giving out free lunches like an unsustainable high fuel subsidy and bloated civil service it needs to prune.

If the government had a N50 or even N100 tax on every litre of petrol, many road projects could be carried out without a need for tolling.

China used tolling to finance a large amount of roads in the 1990s without which the now impressive road network the country has would not be. Now that it's much wealthier, and also has state banks it can borrow from and never repay, it has stopped the practice of tolling new road project.

Roads cost a lot to maintain and not just build. Free lunches do not cover the cost.

Why are you guys so fucking stupid, wicked and evil.

The question is why only the EAST, why?

Una go dey answer question wey dem no ask una. Bloody fools.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG by omonnakoda: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:

I've never paid toll on all federal government built bridges I've used in the north or West. So why tax The easterners ?

Can't you see how evil you are ?
A lot of people disrespect Igbos claimin they are sentimental and not logical. WHy not prove them wrong . Are you capable of a logical discussion based of facts and figures like a man? Calling me evil is what I expect from a woman.
Unnecessary sentimentality.
Which Federal government bridge in the West compares to this ?
This is not just a "Bridge" The project includes several kilometres of motorway and there is an alternative bridge that is not tolled
It is along with the motorway one of the costliest projects in the country
The FG has a new tolling policy to toll motorways across the country. It does not single out the SE try and find the policy , read it and talk rationally . Bringing in emotive words like EVIL is what one expects from a 9 year old not an adult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obaseki: I Will Make Oshiomhole Irrelevant In Edo / Aida-nath Visits Babaginda In Minna, Urges Youths To Get Involved In Leadership / DSS Seizes Emefiele’s Passport, Plans Home, Office Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.