Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN (33767 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by omoplaycool(m): 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
descarado:

You expect her to actually say that?
It's never done anywhere in the world.

Of course, the quantity printed is on record. Exclusively for inner circle of cbn and the Presidency to know. Not for the general public
Sincerely speaking, at this point you can only impress me.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by lagosrd: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
Haba.....
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Menclothing: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
Most useless CBN gov
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by lookingfly: 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
I have to agree with the House on this.

If CBN is really serious about getting rid of the old naira before January 31st, we ought to have large amounts of the new naira notes in circulation by now.

Even bank ATMs still dispense old naira notes!
this new naira is fake. I collected 1k note today and the quality of that thing made me spent it with alacrity.......looks and feels fake. Already wrinkling barely 10 days after release.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by balarabe01(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
CBN is not a Federal Government Agency, it is a Branch of IMF and owned by WorldBank.
It is controlled by worldbank and it is so in all other countries, it also has Shareholders(mostly unknown foreigners)
Google it and verify.
Africa free yourselves.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by einsteine(m): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
descarado:

You want cbn to disclose sensitive information to you?

It is not sensitive information. We are not Americans but if we want to find out how much the US printed last year, we can. Information about bank note printing and cost of same is not classified info.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by WATCHOVER(m): 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
backtovillage:
Some idiots on this forum praising Emefiele thinking he has good intentions
CBN deputy answer is very correct , Lawmakers were stupid to asking that question
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by wirinet(m): 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
If you watch the submissions of honourable Gudaji Kazaure on Brekete Family, you will cry for Nigeria.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bvZ_ZYaFcwE&feature=shares
If everything he said is true, I doubt Emefiele will ever return to Nigeria.

He will turn out to be the greatest criminal in Nigeria's history.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by ayo2008: 12:04am On Dec 23, 2022
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by StreetFight: 12:21am On Dec 23, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
This Is Super Story ,A life Of Strife And Sorrow.

Strife and Sorrow that will be the end of Buhari and Emefiele
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by dochenaj: 12:27am On Dec 23, 2022
She doesn't know is different from CBN doesn't know. CBN not knowing is akin to saying that you don't know how many children your wife gave birth to.

Anyway for a Deputy Governor not to care about knowing something this important while going before the House gives off the vibe that she was a nepotism hire.

Sadly, that's why Nigerian government agencies are filled with people who don't know their left from their right and sadly they eventually climb to a position of relevance in these agencies and then "shit hits the fan"
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by pfadom: 4:13am On Dec 23, 2022
This is an indictment of CBN Governor who has been doing a one-man show. How on earth would a deputy governor who is representing the CBN governor claim ignorance of Naira redesign?
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Ooe33: 5:25am On Dec 23, 2022
She said She doesn't know. But u wrote WE(CBN) don't know.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Originalsly: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2022
Hmmm ..... if the deputy doesn't know.... is it only Emefiele knows the amount printed? ... or he doesn't know as well? If 2 billion was printed it is very possible they shared one billion among themselves and put the rest into circulation. How can this be resolved? Withdraw the new notes?... then they will be the first to cash in the billion and rake in a billion of the old notes that were never in their possession. Notes have numbers so they can know how many were printed.... but one can't know how many they took for themselves. This can make the new notes useless and those who exchanged the old for the new suffer great losses. The integrity of the currency is in danger ... and the man in charge is unavailable? One would expect him to be declared Most Wanted and brought back immediately by any means necessary. This deputy and the others should all be under house arrest. I'm almost sure she will need urgent medical attention abroad and leave the country. Are we sure we can get Emefiele to return?... are we sure he is not a citizen of St Kitts?.... or maybe Dominican Republic? As long as there are no serious consequences.... these criminal acts will continue... it has reached this stage now... almost impossible in any other country.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by blessedchild234(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2022
lookingfly:
this new naira is fake. I collected 1k note today and the quality of that thing made me spent it with alacrity.......looks and feels fake. Already wrinkling barely 10 days after release.
infact the new naira notes are to cover tracks of cbn governor stealing money meant to be in government coffers, I have spoken.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by wirinet(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2022
Originalsly:
Hmmm ..... if the deputy doesn't know.... is it only Emefiele knows the amount printed? ... or he doesn't know as well? If 2 billion was printed it is very possible they shared one billion among themselves and put the rest into circulation. How can this be resolved? Withdraw the new notes?... then they will be the first to cash in the billion and rake in a billion of the old notes that were never in their possession. Notes have numbers so they can know how many were printed.... but one can't know how many they took for themselves. This can make the new notes useless and those who exchanged the old for the new suffer great losses. The integrity of the currency is in danger ... and the man in charge is unavailable? One would expect him to be declared Most Wanted and brought back immediately by any means necessary. This deputy and the others should all be under house arrest. I'm almost sure she will need urgent medical attention abroad and leave the country. Are we sure we can get Emefiele to return?... are we sure he is not a citizen of St Kitts?.... or maybe Dominican Republic? As long as there are no serious consequences.... these criminal acts will continue... it has reached this stage now... almost impossible in any other country.

Gbam!
Each note has a serial number, and each note is supposed to have a serialised number. abi na photocopy dem photocopy the bank notes?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Kaycee9242(m): 9:46am On Dec 23, 2022
snoopz:
I thing I know is that the CBN gov dey plan something dangerous for these politicians against next year gen election. There is no way a deputy governor at CBN won't know or have this type information

Exactly my thought, leave the people commenting rubbish. They intentionally don't want to disclose it to those thieves
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by lookingfly: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
blessedchild234:
infact the new naira notes are to cover tracks of cbn governor stealing money meant to be in government coffers, I have spoken.
hmmmmm..........poor Nigerians keep suffering.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by RichAbujaGuy: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
balarabe01:
CBN is not a Federal Government Agency, it is a Branch of IMF and owned by WorldBank.
It is controlled by worldbank and it is so in all other countries, it also has Shareholders(mostly unknown foreigners)
Google it and verify.
Africa free yourselves.

You have posted exceptionally well. The book below may help educate some researchers. It's dated and somewhat arduous task to read but the history rings true.

The Secrets of the Federal Reserve -- The London Connection

https://www.heritage-history.com/index.php?c=read&author=mullins&book=secrets&story=_front

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by balarabe01(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:

You have posted exceptionally well. The book below may help educate some researchers. It's dated and somewhat arduous task to read but the history rings true.

The Secrets of the Federal Reserve -- The London Connection

https://www.heritage-history.com/index.php?
c=read&author=mullins&book=secrets&story=_front

Thank you. I will look for the book. It should be a good read for me.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by 190: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2023
tjskii:
These people are just jokers
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / HILARIOUS: See What A Man Asked Jumia On Twitter / Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.