Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN (33758 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by osayuking(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-we-dont-know-quantities-of-new-notes-printed-cbn/
These people! Do they ever go outside the country and see how they disgrace us at alllll? Omo this one non be country we want naaa. After how many educated citizens them say naija they produce yet, we are still like and worse than a 3rd country? Nigeria shouldn’t be existing TBH. We need divine intervention or divine division. This entity called naija is absolute joke.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by PoliteActivist: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
descarado:

You expect her to actually say that?
It's never done anywhere in the world.

Of course, the quantity printed is on record. Exclusively for inner circle of cbn and the Presidency to know. Not for the general public

The bolded is actually not true. In US the info is public.
Then again theirs a very open society
See below

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by felzokugo(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
This Is Super Story ,A life Of Strife And Sorrow.

Loooolzzz!!
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by CheapHomes1: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
descarado:

Nope. He is not.

You haven't answered my question.

1 What is sensitive about the information? Can you pls explain?

2. Why is this below not divulging sensitive information?

When the CBN governor disclosed the amount of money outside of banks as against the amount in banks as a justification for naira redesigning, was he not disclosing sensitive information?
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by writeprof(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
There is no alternative to allowing Nigerians use the currency they have whether OLD or NEW until the banks naturally mop the OLD notes. The deadline is DEAD on arrival as banks don't even have the new notes to give out.

I was in a bank in Lagos yesterday, observing their cash withdrawals... people collected up to a million naira and all were OLD notes of ₦1000&₦500...and less than 20 new notes were given of both denominations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by felzokugo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2022
Tochi3:
The maladministration of APCshit in the history of Nigeria is second to none ...

With APCshit Nigeria can never sink further than she has sunk unless APCshit continues through Thief'nubu... God forbid...then Nigeria will be buried forever..
Deep truth!

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Johnrake69: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
Globad:

Bitcoin is also miserable and unreliable as a means of exchange

Lol... Bitcoin is still within the first decade of it's evolution. Still early days. it's not perfect but still way better than cash transactions.

Bitcoin is the first and only truly public payment infrastructure aside from cash transactions. Its just like the early days of the internet and the dot-com bubble.

Amazon became the first company in the world to lose 1 Trillion dollars of its market cap.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Globad(f): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2022
Johnrake69:

Lol... Bitcoin is still within the first decade of it's evolution. Still early days. it's not perfect but still way better than cash transactions.

Bitcoin is the first and only truly public payment infrastructure aside from cash transactions. Its just like the early days of the internet and the dot-com bubble.

Amazon became the first company in the world to lose 1 Trillion dollars of its market cap.

Fair point

But the authorities won't allow Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies to thrive. It's like surrendering their very authority.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Abc2Z: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
She knows but didn't want to disclose it. Emefiele will give same response.

There is something between the politicians and CBN.

But Emefiele is a politician occupying a very sensitive position ought to be occupied by a person without political affiliation.

He should have resigned when he aspired to be the president.

Many of those in CBN are politicians. Soludo, Adebayo Adelabu (Accord party guber candidate in Oyo State) and many more.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by HNICEARTH: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
mastermaestro:

Of course. People expect CBN to disclose such sensitive fact to a bunch of thieving politicians when elections are drawing near? Una dey learn work for where this CBN dey. grin

I swear down! grin

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Onuoha1234(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
Crass Irresponsibility! Who should know?You people should be sacked.Who should tell you how much you prnted.This is why the country is trotting on the Brink of collapse.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by venabili: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
snoopz:
I thing I know is that the CBN gov dey plan something dangerous for these politicians against next year gen election. There is no way a deputy governor at CBN won't know or have this type information

More like a tactical, "i dont wanna tell you"
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by mensos544: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
What a Nonsense. Pls sentence her to Prison
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by wirinet(m): 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
Abc2Z:
She knows but didn't want to disclose it. Emefiele will give same response.

There is something between the politicians and CBN.

But Emefiele is a politician occupying a very sensitive position ought to be occupied by a person without political affiliation.

He should have resigned when he aspired to be the president.

Many of those in CBN are politicians. Soludo, Adebayo Adelabu (Accord party guber candidate in Oyo State) and many more.

You mean she knows and deliberately lied under oath to the national assembly? Why will she keep the total volume and value of Nigerian currency printed from the national assembly, who as supposed to approve the funds for the printing in the first place?

Emefiele is shaping up to be the most corrupt and incompetent central Bank governor in the history of Nigeria.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by kagari: 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
snoopz:
I thing I know is that the CBN gov dey plan something dangerous for these politicians against next year gen election. There is no way a deputy governor at CBN won't know or have this type information

You are very intelligent. This is financial psychology
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by matm: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
And DTS a woman for you.
A man can't give dt kind of unprofessional answer.
Instead if dt, she could have requested for time to get necessary records fromin that from her boss.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by wolebest: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-we-dont-know-quantities-of-new-notes-printed-cbn/

Imagine, the Deputy CBN Governor don't know the quantity of Naira notes printed or released into circulation.

Emefiele don play wayo wayo for this government. O gbe won ni Handicap!

A sitting CBN Governor who purchased vehicles for campaign to run for President while in office.

I wonder when he became an APC member.

He is due for jail....
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
Wtf
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by yemi1504: 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
I have to agree with the House on this.

If CBN is really serious about getting rid of the old naira before January 31st, we ought to have large amounts of the new naira notes in circulation by now.

Even bank ATMs still dispense old naira notes!

Abi. Another policy somersault coming up!
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by JuanDeDios: 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2022
backtovillage:
Some idiots on this forum praising Emefiele thinking he has good intentions
I doubt the APCBN governor is a very good person. But yours is a good example of a fallacy. People resort to this tactic when they want to disable argumentation - "This is my position. If you disagree with it, then you're an idiot."
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by backtovillage: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
JuanDeDios:

I doubt the APCBN governor is a very good person. But yours is a good example of a fallacy. People resort to this tactic when they want to disable argumentation - "This is my position. If you disagree with it, then you're an idiot."
Okay
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Elsueno: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
sweetonugbu:
Imagin,if a whole Deputy Governor of CBN dosn,t know the quantity of new naira note in cerculation na me sweetonugbu go know?, Naija na comedy central.

LMAO, obviously she knows, she is just trying to avoid the follow up questions grin......it was a bait & she refused to bite it grin grin grin

These people are very very predictable
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Robenna(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
What have they done to Emefiele

Fuc*
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Jossibest(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
It will be very hard for Nigeria to be a good place to live because we are not telling our selfs the truth
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by chester23(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
The truth is , the new notes were mainly made and directed towards inflicting heavy blows to politicians and the same politicians in a bid for a soft landing demand to know the amount in circulation though a nice question to ask as part of its statutory obligation to probe, the amount in circulation to ascertain the amount they can lay their hands on.
The deputy CBN Governor saying she doesn't know is a very big lie the APC is very good in.
she should have plainly said she will go and confirm since printing is still is progressing....
clueless people led by a clueless and senseless slowpoke vrying to be replaced by a clueless and heathless ugly Ape.
Thank God his brother, a country man and also an elderly statesman made it clear that the number of votes Tinubu get will determine the number of lunatics and mad people in Nigeria.
so help us God
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Burgerlomo: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
This must be a joke

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by janvier27(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2022
There's nothing sensitive about that info. Cbn has been everything federal treasury shouldn't be. Failed woefully in monetary policies. Had no regard to laws guiding it's so called ways and means in a very reckless and unbelievable manner ; the true inflation rate now is higher than Ghana's. Cbn balance sheet now is reportedly in a complete mess & trying it to cover it up through the laughable 40yr 9% bonds. What about that leaked audio? How was it covered up? It's sad that many of those at the helm of affairs are mediocre, self serving and unpatriotic.
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by RichAbujaGuy: 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2022
Imagine these bureaucratic House of Reps sloths making this highly achieved lady in society stand before dem as if she's a small peon. shocked angry

https://africanshapers.com/en/aisha-ahmad-appointed-chairperson-of-the-board-of-directors-of-the-nigeria-commodity-exchange-plc/

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Ebifa85(m): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
We knw
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by dalass(f): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2022
sweetonugbu:
Imagin,if a whole Deputy Governor of CBN dosn,t know the quantity of new naira note in cerculation na me sweetonugbu go know?, Naija na comedy central.nb for those qouting me below, she can easily answer them thus" It is a clasified information therefore i cant answer your question openly" .a lot of clasified information are revealed to the National Assembly OFF THE MIC and CAMERA.

She is Aisha Ahmed just like that Monster of finance Zainab Ahmed. They don't know anything and they only do what their husbands or Imams tell them to do
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Suleiman45(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2022
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by dnawah(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / HILARIOUS: See What A Man Asked Jumia On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.