Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,794 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock (46381 Views)

Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately / 'Buhari Must Go' Protest In Benin Holds On June 12 (Pictures) / 2023: Tunde Bakare Storms Aso Villa, Meets With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by GeneralDae: 1:36am On Dec 23, 2022
Corrinthians:
Let us blame Tinubu. grin grin

I'm beginning to doubt if Tinubu isn't the current president. Dude's got his fingers on all control buttons, so much so he's responsible for everything that happens in the country, according to we Igbos.
Everything na Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by BreconHills(m): 1:38am On Dec 23, 2022
grandstar:
Godwin Emefiele seems to be going nowhere. Buhari may not protect him, but I doubt if Buhari will fully back politicians using their proxies to hound him.

The politicians are certainly behind this. For 7 years while Buhari's fx interference wrecked the economy which Emefiele which, these politicians were quite silent. Now that there's a policy that hurts their political fortunes, they've let loose their hounds on the man.

8. And by the way only one dubious Web paper has picked up the story by midnight. Indicating that the story is yet to gain traction and may just be a kite to test the waters ahead of Friday ( next day)

The more we see, the less we know. All we xan say us that the Nigerian people are always the divided and big lovers.

Thank God he has rolled back some of the lunatic policies. I am sure if he was in the running for presidency, such a policy would never have even been mentioned, how much more see the light of day. Bloody hypocrite.

Bros many things can be true at the same time.

1. Emefiele has never been an independent cbn governor. He is almost certainly not a clean one.
2. The current uproar against him is sponsored by powerful politicians - I suspect NASS both PDP and APC as Atiku and BAT have enough paper dollars to prosecute their campaigns without recourse to new naira notes.
3. The President will toe the line of NASS and ask the deputy cbn governor to act for Emefiele. You can see already that cbn directors are distancing themselves from Emefiele
4. Nigerians are co conspirators based on party and tribal lines. When emefiele stood for the primaries people opposed him. The same people are now defending him on the tribal basis of " leave our thief
alone"
5. The whole episode is symptomatic of the big mess Nigeria is in.
6. The only answer is to tear up that horrible 1979/99 constitution that makes the president a demi god and the states lazy appendages suckling at the breast of a sick malnourished cow.
7. Serious problems lie ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by sulaak(m): 1:42am On Dec 23, 2022
copyrites:

Emefiele is obviously not clean but those after him are the biggest thieves. Unfortunately for him, he has no integrity to fight back. Nigerians can't fight for him either.

See, unless Peter Obi makes it to Aso rock, the status quo will remain. Who does Tinubu want to challenge when the entire Africa knows about his corrupt lifestyle?

How can a personality like Tinubu fight corruption? Dude can't even face Nigerians to talk about corruption.

You can say the same for Atiku and I don't trust Peter Obi a former PDP vice president candidate. Nigeria is in deep trouble.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by CaptainFM1: 1:47am On Dec 23, 2022
wirinet:

You stay in big cities and project the rest of Nigeria to your personal experience. Have you been to riverine villages in the Niger Delta where you go on 3 to 4 hours boat rides to access from the main city? Such villages got no banks. There are hundreds if not thousands of such communities in the north, West and middle belt. Then we start talking about internet or network access to operate digital banking. Not all communities have electricity not to talk of network.

I don't quarrel with digital banking, but it has to be done slowly, tactically and innovatively, and not rushed haphazardly as it is being done.

Their withdrawal is still not affected considering how much they've got in the bank if the bone of contention is about the maximum daily withdrawal. I'm not focused on the digital but on the maximum daily withdrawal.

If all I earn monthly is 30k, and I can withdraw 20k maximally everyday by whatever platforms I chose. It simply means I can make withdrawal twice.

The clause is that if however I want to withdraw all my 30k at once, then I will pay the fine stipulated for that...which was why I said the 20k is fair and 50k is reasonable.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by sulaak(m): 1:47am On Dec 23, 2022
BreconHills:

Bros many things can be true at the same time.

1. Emefiele has never been an independent cbn governor. He is almost certainly not a clean one.
2. The current uproar against him is sponsored by powerful politicians - I suspect NASS both PDP and APC as Atiku and BAT have enough paper dollars to prosecute their campaigns without recourse to new naira notes.
3. The President will toe the line of NASS and ask the deputy cbn governor to act for Emefiele. You can see already that cbn directors are distancing themselves from Emefiele
4. Nigerians are co conspirators based on party and tribal lines. When emefiele stood for the primaries people opposed him. The same people are now defending him on the tribal basis of " leave our thief
alone"
5. The whole episode is symptomatic of the big mess Nigeria is in.
6. The only answer is to tear up that horrible 1979/99 constitution that makes the president a demi god and the states lazy appendages suckling at the breast of a sick malnourished cow.
7. Serious problems lie ahead.

Emefiele ways and means policies are some of the reasons why the country's inflation of N48 billion has been printed, leading to the collapse of Nigeria. He now needs to rein in those currencies to reduce national inflation, but majority of the currencies are under the bed of politicians that need to fund their election campaigns.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by CaptainFM1: 1:50am On Dec 23, 2022
tollyboy5:

Minimum wage is 30k in Lagos and in southwest we're not as poor as that.

That is why we contributed severally to erase Nigeria negative index.
But this dumb governor is doing nonsense!

I cant make international transaction due to stupid policies you're just beating round the bush with irrelevant policies that has done nothing.

Sir/Ma, ......Nigeria doesn't end with Lagos and Southwest alone.

For your int'l transaction, I'm sure if you approach your bank, they will offer your platforms/ways to do it.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 23, 2022
Tintedsino:
Hmmm, I pity dis our country aswear. U see dis tin call religion and tribalism ehn, Nigeria will not get better becos of doi two tinz. Imagine d comments from our so called youth on dis forum. There are so many allegations against dis CBN governor and all many of u are saying is tinubu dis, tinubu dat. Dis same man has been accused of diverting the stamp duty money worth over 178billion dollars (89.1trillion naira) and all some people are saying is, it's bcus he is not from d north dat d northerners want him out, I pity dis our generation.
He has been accused, it's simple, let him come and defend himself, let him tell d whole world dat he has been wrongly accused, let him prove his innocence with evidences, it's as simple as dat, but where is he now, abroad for medical reasons.
Make I gist una d main tin small.
The president, through d office of d SGF sent him a letter since 2017 ordering him to open a central account for stamp duty revenue, till date, he has not done dat. Instead, CBN opened a forex account known as I &E trading platform where all dis monies go to directly, even d CBN is a participant on dat platform. Now, every transaction above 5k in banks, d person is charged 100naira, so dere is an agreement of sharing formula between the CBN and all d commercial banks, d banks take 60naira of d charge and CBN takes 40. Now dis 40naira charge goes directly to dat I&E trading platform since 2017, dis money has accrued to about 178billlion dollars, d federal government doesn't know about dis, as a matter of fact, it's only d CBN governor himself and his cronies dat know about dis money.
Do u know dat d CBN governor borrows Nigerian govt money from dat account, anytime u hear domestic debt, where do u think d CBN governor use to source dis monies to borrow d federal govt from?? ur guess is good as mine.(SBH. School of Banking Honors)
The minister of Finance doesn't even know d yearly budget of d CBN which runs to about 3trilion, so dis man spends money anyhow he likes. The CBN board of trustees dats supposed to atleast checkmate d happenings in d bank, The CBN governor is d chairman of d board of trustees, more like been a judge in ur own case. He decides what happens, this practically means no one is checkmating d activities of d CBN. The guy na badt guy.
Na small tin b dis oo, I go gist una d remaining one later.

soro soke, tell us the other one
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by ABBEYsammy01(m): 2:05am On Dec 23, 2022
Efforts in futurity...
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by wirinet(m): 2:13am On Dec 23, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Their withdrawal is still not affected considering how much they've got in the bank if the bone of contention is about the maximum daily withdrawal. I'm not focused on the digital but on the maximum daily withdrawal.

If all I earn monthly is 30k, and I can withdraw 20k maximally everyday by whatever platforms I chose. It simply means I can make withdrawal twice.

The clause is that if however I want to withdraw all my 30k at once, then I will pay the fine stipulated for that...which was why I said the 20k is fair and 50k is reasonable.

Maybe you reason this way because you are a salary earner. Me as a business man reason differently. I know the 30k minimum wage don't mean jack to business people. I know road side hawkers that handle more than 30k cash per day. Petrol stations make more than 30k per transaction. Even fish or crayfish sellers make more thN 30k turnover per day. I have not even mentioned construction contractors that needs to pay tens of workers their daily wage at the end of the day.

Nigeria does not have enough people banked at the moment to impose such strick restrictions. Only about 45% of adult population have bank accounts. The informal economy is way bigger than the formal economy. A wise CBN would embark on a drive to get more Nigerians banked before imposing such cash restrictions.

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by grandstar(m): 2:33am On Dec 23, 2022
olumide4christ:

This is the most informed, well thought out post I have read on this thread.

Kudos, sir!

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Bridget95(f): 2:39am On Dec 23, 2022
Corrinthians:
Let us blame Tinubu. grin grin

I'm beginning to doubt if Tinubu isn't the current president. Dude's got his fingers on all control buttons, so much so he's responsible for everything that happens in the country, according to we Igbos.
somebody that is too old to reason and talk sensibly is who you are saying has his shaky fingers on all control buttons?
I wonder if you guys have brains anymore
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Babastrong(m): 2:47am On Dec 23, 2022
[quote author=copyrites post=119355211]
Emefiele is obviously not clean but those after him are the biggest thieves. Unfortunately for him, he has no integrity to fight back. Nigerians can't fight for him either.

See, unless Peter Obi makes it to Aso rock, the status quo will remain. Who does Tinubu want to challenge when the entire Africa knows about his corrupt lifestyle?

How can a personality like Tinubu fight corruption? Dude can't even face Nigerians to talk about corruption. [ Do you even know the definition of corruption? Lol. Ok we're listening.]
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Fcwilly: 2:47am On Dec 23, 2022
Our corrupt politicians can't breathe with this CBN policy hence they want change of guard at the apex bank.

Agbadorians are the most HIT

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by PS712: 2:52am On Dec 23, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Well I dont know the rationality behind this. But emefele remained the worst cbn governor in the history of this country.
Is it now you are realizing this or you've always advocated his removal?
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by BlackMan6969(m): 3:04am On Dec 23, 2022
Let's wait until the election is over before he leaves. grin
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by henrydav: 3:18am On Dec 23, 2022
ganisucks:
The deputy governor CBN when asked how many new naira notes have been printed, said she doesn't know. Nobody knows.

https://thestreetjournal.org/500m-new-naira-notes-have-been-ordered-will-be-printed-soon-cbn-deputy-gov-aishah-ahmad-tells-house-of-reps/

Kikiki. When I told some people on NL there's no chance in this lifetime, Tinubu will win, they were talking swahili and Jamaican. They have ran the schematics and simulation hundreds of times and there's only one outcome. If you think this plan was put together today; then you are a learner.
Tinubu will win, has he won? Just ordinary protest, you have already declared the winner of presidential race before election
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by ttaiwo09: 3:38am On Dec 23, 2022
You can't just do without mentioning Tinubu. Well, it's an indirect way of making him popular. cool
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by hollywater: 3:49am On Dec 23, 2022
Emefiele is not going nowhere. Agbado Man can use all his tools. As far as 2023 election is concerned, PO will win through merit. Awon Nigeria Youths lo kan.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by TheNiceGuy(m): 4:15am On Dec 23, 2022
Your WAILING won't do anything.

Charge Tinubu to Court if you have any evidence of corruption against him
copyrites:

How can a personality like Tinubu fight corruption? Dude can't even face Nigerians to talk about corruption.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Ochemicals: 4:15am On Dec 23, 2022
madridguy:
cheesy grin grin

Emefiele must go. E don read for the CBN oga.

Some children cursing Emefiele weeks ago have suddenly singing his praise thinking one million Emefiele can do anything to Tinubu. I just dey laugh in baruten.
Abeg laugh in another local govt. Baruten show me shege that year in kwara grin
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by seunayantokun(m): 4:18am On Dec 23, 2022
ganisucks:

Baba has sent Femi, no success
He has tried using DSS, no success
He has tried EFCC, still no success
He's now down to hiring comedians and theater actors.
Sad indeed.
Spot on
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Atlantis585: 4:19am On Dec 23, 2022
Afamsi:
Let police use tear gas to dispers the urchins hired by Tinubu

Guns and bombs are better sef
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Akmahoghany: 4:31am On Dec 23, 2022
asanausana91:
Tinubu is an idiot. He bribe every body he see.
We must not allow Tinubu to turn this country to a banana republic.

Nah your papa be idiot, Omo alaileko, am sure your papa dey one God forsaken village they tap wine, you dey here dey insult someone papa that has used his youthful age gainfully, if your papa dey focused as Tinubu did while at his tender age, maybe hin for dey useful now. Try dey get sense, being on social media is not a license for you to dey abuse another man's father.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by CheapHomes1: 4:38am On Dec 23, 2022
SmartPolician:
Emefiele is not going anywhere.

Even the law doesn't give Buhari the power to sack him.

The man just initiated very critical policies.

Allow him to fully implement them and serve our his tenure as CBN governor.

These are hirelings no doubt but what is critical about this cashless policy? Of what value has emefiele been to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by CheapHomes1: 4:40am On Dec 23, 2022
henrydav:

Tinubu will win, has he won? Just ordinary protest, you have already declared the winner of presidential race before election

Did you understand what you read?
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by tollyboy5(m): 4:44am On Dec 23, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Sir/Ma, ......Nigeria doesn't end with Lagos and Southwest alone.

For your int'l transaction, I'm sure if you approach your bank, they will offer your platforms/ways to do it.
If Nigeria doesn't end in Lagos then let fed government stop taxing us in Lagos .
You frustrate our businesses and still overtax us.
How does that make sense to you?
Do you think the method bank offers is convenient to many small businesses?
Or many growing single man businesses?

I wonder why Nigerians are reasoning this way. No wonder Africa is backward.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by obi58: 4:48am On Dec 23, 2022
owobokiri:

But Buhari always dances to their tunes because he's actually the one playing the tunes.. He pretends he knows nothing but he knows everything..

Watch out for Buharis announcement of his sack through a tarse message from Femi Adesina any moment ...

Buhari remains the president. If he didn't want the policy he wouldn't have approved it. Shikena.

He has also publicly come out to back the policy and Emefiele.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by ComeToJesus: 4:50am On Dec 23, 2022
Trash PDAPC.
Let's build back our country.

Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by freedomchild: 5:16am On Dec 23, 2022
Elitefosa:
Them hike fuel, them no talk

Inflation hit us, them no talk

Insecurity left, right and center, them no protest!

Light still dey as e dey since 1999, them no talk!

ASUU strike, them no protest!

Naira redesign and withdrawal limit, hell broke loose!

Obviously this one touch them!
I dey tell you
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Deoo1125: 5:18am On Dec 23, 2022
Ur comment dey irritate me, u dey provoke me, I wish u dey my side right now make I do waiting dey my mind to u, someone is plunging the country to it dead end u dey here dey cap nonsense, just because u believe his policies is targeted at particular person. Them swear for una papa ni.

SmartPolician:
Emefiele is not going anywhere.

Even the law doesn't give Buhari the power to sack him.

The man just initiated very critical policies.

Allow him to fully implement them and serve our his tenure as CBN governor.
Re: Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock by Deoo1125: 5:22am On Dec 23, 2022
Come e get waitin tinubu collect from una forefathers?

osscarr:
Tinubu fighting a lost battle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture / Atiku Abubakar's Son, Aliyu Graduates From American University Of Nigeria (Pics) / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.