Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,041 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' (46369 Views)

BBC Interview: Mrs Buhari Did What Mrs Jonathan Couldn’t Do -APC ‘spokesman’ / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by bestest001(m): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
As President Muhammadu Buhari looks into the Boko Haram war efforts of the last administration, information has emerged that Nigeria’s traditional allies in the West deliberately frustrated the efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s, towards bringing an end to terrorists’ activities in the country.

A security source disclosed in Abuja that Nigeria, during Jonathan’s administration, 25 letters were written to the United States of America and other Western nations, seeking to acquire weapons to combat the terrorists, but they all turned down the requests.

“What was most painful was the fact that Nigeria was not begging to be given those weapons as gifts. We were ready to pay for them but they turned their backs on us when we needed them most.“ The same people who made all the promises about assisting us to bring an end to the Boko Haram attacks and bring back the abducted Chibok girls did everything they could to frustrate our efforts. “A conclusion was reached that the nation would suffer more devastation should she continue to beg those we regarded as our friends when things were going on well with us. It was at that point that the nation had to look elsewhere, especially towards the East and Asia”, he said.

Source: http://ynaija.com/jonathan-couldnt-end-insurgency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Blakjewelry(m): 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Follow some of the thread about the war here on nairaland you will see the real truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai Nigeria will be islamised.
Sai my asset declaration is fake.
Sai Ghananians doesn't know I'm a tyrant grin
Sai I have just 1million naira.
Sai I love cows. That's why I think like a cow.
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai my party knows how to cover me up.
Sai I don't care about what Nigerians say about me.
Sai I'll deliver Nigeria when I'm 77years grin
Sai grin tongue

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by legendboy(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
I dont really know what is going on. Is it that someone paid everycountry that promised to help us not to help again? I dont knw y muslims are in nigeria

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
hmmm.... Different views, different news...Who do we believe.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by divinehand2003(m): 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pls pls pls DON'T GIVE ANY EXCUSE FOR THE CLUELESSNESS AND INCOMPETENCE THAT BELITTLED THE PAST ADMINISTRATION IN ANNIHILATING BOKO HARAM. THEY HAD ALL THE TIME TO DO IT BUT THE PDP LEADERSHIP AND ITS CRONIES DECIDED TO LOOT THE NATION DRY WHILE PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE WAR AGAINGST THE INSURGENCE THAT CLAIMED THOUSANDS OF LIVES.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Seun(m): 12:15am On Sep 07, 2015
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by WailingWailer00(m): 12:17am On Sep 07, 2015
Jonathan tried towards the end of his regime, Boko Haram was created by the Hausa's and let them face the full wrath of their creation
Tired of this their born to rule mentality

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by menix(m): 12:18am On Sep 07, 2015
America mst hear this rumor..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by lomprico(m): 12:19am On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.
Hmm oga seun, 3 people where killed and many injured by the nigerian army n police last week in onitsha o! Talk of human right violations.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Seun(m): 12:39am On Sep 07, 2015
lomprico:

Hmm oga seun, 3 people where killed and many injured by the nigerian army n police last week in onitsha o! Talk of human right violations.
That's awful but its still nothing compared to what's been going on in the north east.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ideykwum: 1:43am On Sep 07, 2015
Human right violations exist in pockets all over Nigeria! For the North East, a thin line exists between rights violation and collateral damage. When residents shield Boko Haram proponents, it comes with a price! I'm not defending GEJ's ineptitude, but we need to show that all stakeholders in this sordid affair have a measure of blame! The residents aren't exempt!

Seun:
That's awful but its still nothing compared to what's been going on in the north east.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DelGardo: 3:06am On Sep 07, 2015
ideykwum:
Human right violations exist in pockets all over Nigeria! For the North East, a thin line exists between rights violation and collateral damage. When residents shield Boko Haram proponents, it comes with a price! I'm not defending GEJ's ineptitude, but we need to show that all stakeholders in this sordid affair have a measure of blame! The residents aren't exempt!

I hope you have evidence of this assertion. Knowing how vengeful and brutal the Nigeria Police and Armed forces can be (the civil war, Odi, Zaki-Biam and Baga being examples of such) it will unfair to blame the victims.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by MrMcJay(m): 3:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 07, 2015
...reading important comments only

5 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ideykwum: 4:06am On Sep 07, 2015
Apart from media reports to this effect, probability of occurrences favours this assertion! Intelligence gathering has been hindered by un-cooperative residents (the Chibok girls issue is a testimony of the failure of community vigilance) and while many have since made a u-turn, prior roles frustrated military efforts!

DelGardo:

I hope you have evidence of this assertion. Knowing how vengeful and brutal the Nigeria Police and Armed forces can be (the civil war, Odi, Zaki-Biam and Baga being examples of such) it will unfair to blame the victims.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by rocoh(m): 4:18am On Sep 07, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Follow some of the thread about the war here on nairaland you will see the real truth

Can you provide the links please?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kokoA(m): 4:34am On Sep 07, 2015
The only reason why GEJ could not fight BH was lack of political will and corruption. His cabinet members and military chiefs were feeding fat on funds meant for prosecution of the war and I'd be surprised if he wasn't aware, he probably thought that the insurgency in the north will work to his favor in terms of votes not knowing that God had other plans. Don't tell me that crap about USA refusing to sell weapons to us. Where did the military get the weapons they used taking the bloody terrorists down few weeks before the election? For six years you knew you had alternative means of getting weapons yet you allowed our gallant soldiers to suffer and die for nothing angry dismissing or giving death sentences to those who dare to challenge the system.

Thank God we now have a leader in Baba who has genuine consign for the country and her people (citizens of the north east and our courageous military men in theater of war). Looking at our new service chiefs you will know these men know exactly what to do and how to get it done. The chief Army staff in particular leads his troop on the field and not from and an ac tight office somewhere in Abuja.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
The only reason why GEJ could not fight BH was lack of political will and corruption. His cabinet members and military chiefs were feeding fat on funds meant for prosecution of the war and I'd be surprised if he wasn't aware, he probably thought that the insurgency in the north will work to his favor in terms of votes not knowing that God had other plans. Don't tell me that crap about USA refusing to sell weapons to us. Where did the military get the weapons they used taking the bloody terrorists down few weeks before the election? For six years you knew you had alternative means of getting weapons yet you allowed our gallant soldiers to suffer and die for nothing angry dismissing or giving death sentences to those who dare to challenge the system.

Thank God we now have a leader in Baba who has genuine consign for the country and her people (citizens of the north east and our courageous military men in theater of war). Looking at our new service chiefs you will know these men know exactly what to do and how to get it done. The chief Army staff in particular leads his troop on the field and not from and an ac tight office somewhere in Abuja.

Seriously aside the media parapazzi by the new COAS ,how is the current war faring under him? Is it any better than during GEJ's time? More people havve been killed on daily average under buhari than under GEJ including the about 100 killed in the last few days!!!

Buhari has not really done much to stem the tide of killings!!! Lets just quit the propaganda and face the real truth.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kokoA(m): 4:57am On Sep 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

Seriously aside the media parapazzi by the new COAS ,how is the current war faring under him? Is it any better than during GEJ's time? More people havve been killed on daily average under buhari than under GEJ including the about 100 killed in the last few days!!!

Buhari has not really done much to stem the tide of killings!!! Lets just quit the propaganda and face the real truth.
Now terrorists only attack soft targets using innocent looking teenage girls as suicide bombers. That's more difficult to handle. Under GEJ they were running down our soldiers, collecting their weapons and taking over local governments, we had a sizeable part of our territory (as large as the size of Belgium) under the control of terrorists for months. You can't even compare at all.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by uduokirika1(m): 5:06am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
Now terrorists only attack soft targets using innocent looking teenage girls as suicide bombers. That's more difficult to handle. Under GEJ they were running down our soldiers, collecting their weapons and taking over local governments, we had a sizeable part of our territory (as large as the size of Belgium) under the control of terrorists for months. You can't even compare at all.

Jonathan handed a better Northeast to Buhari than what we have now

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kokoA(m): 5:09am On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:

Jonathan handed a better Northeast to Buhari than what we have now
You don't live in the north east.

21 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by kogirodent: 6:36am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:

since a man with "political will" is now at the helm of affairs, has he ended the war? Instead we now hear of attacks everyday. And surprisingly these days, we never hear of when boko haram captures a town, we only hear of it when the army recaptures it. Abeg, face reality and stop apportioning blames.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Omotayor123(f): 6:39am On Sep 07, 2015
Hmmm... Maybe so or maybe Not!

Make Boko Haram sha Become History.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by bundurcana: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2015
Na lie

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
Soft targets indeed!!! Well more people are dying dear

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
If you really think that's what happened then you don't know America or the West. To even begin with, what are these violations of human rights? The useless Amnesty International whose only searchlight is in Africa and the East will never see anything good here. When the military invited them to investigate the issue with them none showed up.

What is America doing and did in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria in the guise of rebels, Yemen, Libya in the name of NATO? America has destroyed the middle east and heading to North Africa.

What about the wickedness of Israel in Palestine? Using individuals as human shields. Destroying an entire people because of a single terrorist or bunkers that may not even exist. Shooting little boys for throwing Stones at the Soldiers. Conducting military training in Palestinians neighborhood.

The same 'human rights' America give Israel 3Billion Dollars in Military support every year to sustain this evil. And Israel has just made it legal to shoot at kids throwing stones. What has the useless Amnesty International said about it? I had to reply to this because I think you should know better. America has never helped any country to defeat terrorism. And Israel as long as they remain terrorists themselves will never defeat terrorism.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2015
Boko haram is never going to end until huasa elites n religious leader tell themselves and their children the truth..

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ellechrystal(f): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
Pls pls pls DON'T GIVE ANY EXCUSE FOR THE CLUELESSNESS AND INCOMPETENCE THAT BELITTLED THE PAST ADMINISTRATION IN ANNIHILATING BOKO HARAM. THEY HAD ALL THE TIME TO DO IT BUT THE PDP LEADERSHIP AND ITS CRONIES DECIDED TO LOOT THE NATION DRY WHILE PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE WAR AGAINGST THE INSURGENCE THAT CLAIMED THOUSANDS OF LIVES.
I hope the cluefull and macho present government fights n wins.
Because d same US who promised to help d intelligent daura president said they won't give weapons same as they did Jonathan. U know d reason y.
So stop talking in that manner. Cos in 3 years u may not be able to defend the present govt

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2015
mianyaegbu:
Boko haram is never going to end until huasa elites n religious leader tell themselves and their children the truth..
You don't need that. Boko Haram has gone past mere condemnation. The inspiration and incentive is from a higher source now. It is just a will to win on the part of the leader. Jonathan should have left Ihejirika there. That was the mistake he made.

What Buhari needs now is to use the Americans since they are showing interest. I know they have an interest detrimental to ours. But Buhari needs to use them. Make them think their plan is working while advancing his.

Don't expect religious leaders who are not willing to die for they hold true to do anything. As in, if you believe in a heavenly after life what are you still doing with a helmet? Our religious leaders are cowards who do not even know what they believe.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2015
Good morning to all gullible Nigerians

So when Jona was saying this you all turn deaf ears

Now you want to act as if you guys didn't know

Buhari end this war or be impeached. cheesy

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Celebrates Her 22nd Birthday With Her Husband, Ahmed (pics) / Fayose's Newspaper Advert Against Buhari In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.