Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App (29795 Views)

Flooding: FG Warns 9 States To Prepare For Heavy Floods From September 6 / FG Warns Kukah Not To Divide Nigeria / FG Warns US Against Stereotyping Nigerians Over New Fraud List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by flexyrule(m): 1:35am On Dec 23, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Na them
Very useless set of people.

The day Nigerians will wake up and decide to face them. It WI be terrible!

1 Like

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Thebest12(m): 2:15am On Dec 23, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
If government want to really get rid of this people, they should create a toll line where people can report the account details of such loan shark apps and then get the accounts frozen. Once account is frozen, any representative of the company that goes to the bank to find out why the account is frozen should be arrested and then information on where the company operates from can be extracted from the person

Lol .. their money is paid into their app through a generated account number for you . So with this you can't be able to figure out their own personal account details except some approved entities that has accounts with wema bank.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Angy55(f): 3:14am On Dec 23, 2022
Please palm credit should reverse their money back. I just got credited for a loan, I didn't apply for.

As a matter fact, I don't have their app on my phone.

Their contacts online, none of them is going through.

It is not by force to collect loan.

It is not by force na. Ha!

I have gone to Twitter to write them. No response.
Palmcredit please, revert your money.

2 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Pickuper: 4:41am On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:
You deserve every blackmail you get if you borrow money from loan apps.

You read the terms and condition.

You knew when the date is due and what the interest is.

They didn't toy with you when you wanted to borrow.

Now, it's time to pay back you start crying that loan apps are bad.

Y'all ought to be taken to the streets and flogged 2 strokes for every #1,000 you borrowed.

I will never borrow a man money I cannot let go. Even when he makes the money he is supposed to repay me, he remembers that he needs to upgrade his phone rather than pay me back.

The loan apps should wind up or use the collateral method. Drop your phone before you borrow.

Ingrates!

u work for loan sharks u retard... Unfortunately, u don't read before showcasing ur stupidity and you are bragging Abt reading terms and conditions

6 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Pickuper: 4:54am On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

Those people are stupid for not collecting a collateral before lending any nigerian money.

We all knew how this people evolved.

First they beg you.

Then they beg you more.

Then they beg you more to please pay them back their own money.

Then they begin to cuss and use force through blackmail.

If you pay up and just stick to the terms, they will be willing to borrow you next time.

See how many bast**** are on this thread claiming
"Loan apps are stupid. I borrowed from 15 different loan apps and I won't make my payment. Let them do their worst".

It's so sad that the worst they can do is call your family members and expose you.

There should a clause that will allow them come over to your house with law enforcements and take whatever valuable of equal amount to the money you borrowed.

All loan defaulters are ingrates and hypocrites.
They deserve to be flogged.

I and my circle have taken the right decisions in life, we will never stoop so low to scam a loan app.
Lol u can't fool anyone

From ur write up it obvious u are frustrated and broke. Secondly, it very clear u work for dem... Right circle indeed... Lol

Hahaha

6 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by BusinessPlan22: 4:54am On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

Y'all ought to be taken to the streets and flogged 2 strokes for every #1,000 you borrowed.

I will never borrow a man money I cannot let go. Even when he makes the money he is supposed to repay me, he remembers that he needs to upgrade his phone rather than pay me back.

The loan apps should wind up or use the collateral method. Drop your phone before you borrow.

Ingrates!

Epain am. Com

1 Like

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by BusinessPlan22: 5:30am On Dec 23, 2022
MichaelSokoto:

Blacklist faya!

dey ain't do shit!
all noise & puff!
cool

See my guy,, na mumu dey pay back loan sharks, dem don call contacts rest na abi...

My contacts werey pass me

5 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Lovestrong(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

They didn't toy with you when

Ingrates!

waiting this one Dey talk, oga Seventy percent of loan app are dubious

4 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

Not completely true.

Most of these people borrow with no intent of paying back.

You don't know anything about the issue.

Nigerians began to fight back after government started fighting the loan apps.

Initially, Nigerians were scared of them. In fact, people were borrowing money to repay. That was how many of them found themselves in a web of debts. Borrowing to repay because of fear of defamation.

Later, many solidarity groups began to come up to provide emotional support to people who have been debt shamed.

That is why people now have the strength to fight back, including refusing to pay back.

Although I now tell people not to patronize these wicked and evil loan sharks, I also tell those who are owing them to never repay.

One was saying they should wait till he is rich.

That is the confidence that comes with getting support from fellow Nigerians.

Let them wait till he gets rich.

No one should borrow money to repay loans.

If you don't have the money, don't kill yourself. Defaulting on a loan is not a criminal offense.

It's the loan shark's money. If you don't like it, you can borrow elsewhere.

You are sounding like one of them.

My empathy goes to the loan apps that just want to make their profit.

Business is about making profit, but the potential for losses are factored in as well.

In fact, gains and losses are the two most important characteristics of business.

Unsecured loan is very risky to give. The potential for losses is high.

Loan apps should know this before entering into the market.

They should also know that many Nigerians are hungry and desperate for money, and that makes their own potential for losses high.

Yet, when losses stare them in the face, they resort to criminality to recover their loans.

Even in China where they originated from, they are not tolerated. The Chinese government drove them out, and they went to poor Asian and African countries.

OKash, for example, caused mayhem in Kenya, driving many people to commit suicide. The Kenyan government began to deal with them. They ran to Nigeria.

Thank God, they have been dealt with here as well.

30 days after the agreement someone refuses to pay you back what will you do?

30 days?

These loan apps give loans for just 7 days.

If not that they are wicked and exploitative.

How can you give someone a loan and expect almost double the loan in 7-14 days?

See things from their angle too, their headquarters is not the CBN, they are not printing money from thin air]

They are in business.

They should understand that they can't do whatever they like.

In developed countries, loan companies cannot even be disturbing you with calls when you default because it is counted as harassment.

And loan companies give loans with reasonable duration.

If you give someone a loan and expect him to repay almost 50% interest on it in 7 days, you should know that they are very unlikely to repay.

Even businessmen default due to factors beyond their control.

And I don't suppose we have insured loans in Nigeria like they have in the United States.

6 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Pepperoniq(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2022
One of their staff have spoken.Well said�
Haylel:

Ingrates!

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by 4laferarri(m): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2022
Starships4u:
As much as times are hard,
I don't think it's wise to borrow money from road side loan sharks/apps....

Why not go to the bank...
Everything about LOAN APPS are just creepy....

Getting loan from bank is not always easy, unless you are a salary earner or a registered business owner with proof
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Winnin009: 8:41am On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

If I was working for any loan app, I might have summoned boys and directed them to the debtor's house.

We pick a valuable that can pay for his debt and give him his remaining change.

Lol. Guy, stop denying it. You work for a loan company joor. Plus, if you do that, you do know that you would have breached the terms and you’ll end up being the one in trouble.

I understand that it’s tough but no love lost here.

2 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by exalt2009: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2022
[q

I am very sure you are working for them.. because of people need loan and use the opportunity to blackmail them .. you gave loan of #5000 to pay back #8000 in one week and you expect the person to paid back, you are a thief. Even bank will not do so...fairmoney, Carbon,branch,migo all these loan company bare the best...they will respect your privacy but the rest are moneymonger....

uote author=Haylel post=119357265]You deserve every blackmail you get if you borrow money from loan apps.

Ingrates!

[/quote]
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Haylel: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2022
exalt2009:
[q

I am very sure you are working for them.. because of people need loan and use the opportunity to blackmail them .. you gave loan of #5000 to pay back #8000 in one week and you expect the person to paid back, you are a thief. Even bank will not do so...fairmoney, Carbon,branch,migo all these loan company bare the best...they will respect your privacy but the rest are moneymonger....
Were you blind when you wanted to borrow the loan?
Did you not agree to the terms and condition?
Did you not know that it was #8,000 you will pay back?
Were you not told that you are to pay back in a week?

You knew all these and you are still calling the only org. that lent you money a thief. Are you not an ingrate?

If bank don't extort you like that, then walk to the bank and borrow from them.
If you don't like people's terms and condition, don't do business with them.

You are an ingrate for defaulting and then calling your benefactors a thief.

Too many entitled nigerians.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Ten06(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

Ingrates!

And if the person you blackmail have a way of getting back at you very badly or take you, you also deserve it.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Haylel: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ten06:

And if the person you blackmail have a way of getting back at you very badly or take you, you also deserve it.
Can you just imagine?

None of you deserve to be borrowed even #500.

I hate it when people agree to terms, default and then cry crocodile tears because they don't want to pay back.

If their terms don't favor you, go to your family members and borrow, or go to your bank and borrow.

Don't pester the loan apps, they are not charity foundations!
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Haylel: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Nigerians began to fight back after government started fighting the loan apps.

Initially, Nigerians were scared of them. In fact, people were borrowing money to repay. That was how many of them found themselves in a web of debts. Borrowing to repay because of fear of defamation.

Can you imagine? "Nigerians start to fight back after govt. started fighting the loan apps"

You ought to be fighting the government for not developing a loan scheme for the common man, but no, it's the only institution that's will to borrow you you want to fight back.

If you really want to fight them back, don't borrow money from them. If no one borrows, they will leave.

People were borrowing money to repay...
Can you imagine? So they have no provisions to pay back the money before, they just want to borrow and then repay 30 years later.
Nigerians are just too entitled.

Although I now tell people not to patronize these wicked and evil loan sharks, I also tell those who are owing them to never repay.
That's why they will continue to remain poor.

All they want is free money, lazy citizens.

No one should borrow money to repay loans.

If you don't have the money, don't kill yourself. Defaulting on a loan is not a criminal offense.
Can you hear yourself?

Yes, it's no criminal offense, that's why they can't arrest you even if that would have been their preferred option.

If you can't repay loans, don't borrow in the first place.

If you don't have the money, don't kill yourself, i agree. Sell your phone, your laptop and pay them back.

You are ruining people's business.

Business is about making profit, but the potential for losses are factored in as well.

In fact, gains and losses are the two most important characteristics of business.

Unsecured loan is very risky to give. The potential for losses is high.

Loan apps should know this before entering into the market.
Why don't you say it like this:

"Loan apps should sit still. If they don't get their money back, let them count their loss and move on. If everyone borrows and no one repays, they should wind up and find another business doing"

Say it that way and stop being indirect.

No one wants to lose. The hardship in Nigeria does not constitute an avenue for them to forcefully run a loss-bound business

They should also know that many Nigerians are hungry and desperate for money, and that makes their own potential for losses high.

Yet, when losses stare them in the face, they resort to criminality to recover their loans.

Even in China where they originated from, they are not tolerated. The Chinese government drove them out, and they went to poor Asian and African countries.

OKash, for example, caused mayhem in Kenya, driving many people to commit suicide. The Kenyan government began to deal with them. They ran to Nigeria.

Thank God, they have been dealt with here as well.
Maybe i will considering venturing into this loan business.

If you will borrow, you will drop a collateral.

Let's see if that ingrate spirit won't leave you by force by fire.

30 days?

These loan apps give loans for just 7 days.

If not that they are wicked and exploitative.

How can you give someone a loan and expect almost double the loan in 7-14 days?

If you can't pay in 7 days, don't borrow.

Is it that hard?

After you borrow, you now remember that you can't pay back in the agreed date.

What kind of a business deal is that?

They are in business.

They should understand that they can't do whatever they like.
You think they enjoy blackmailing you?
They just want their damn money back!

If they were allowed to do what they like, they will hire boys and loot their debtor's house. That's what "doing what they like" is.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

Can you imagine? "Nigerians start to fight back after govt. started fighting the loan apps"

You ought to be fighting the government for not developing a loan scheme for the common man, but no, it's the only institution that's will to borrow you you want to fight back.

If you really want to fight them back, don't borrow money from them. If no one borrows, they will leave.

People were borrowing money to repay...
Can you imagine? So they have no provisions to pay back the money before, they just want to borrow and then repay 30 years later.
Nigerians are just too entitled.

That's why they will continue to remain poor.

All they want is free money, lazy citizens.

Can you hear yourself?

Yes, it's no criminal offense, that's why they can't arrest you even if that would have been their preferred option.

If you can't repay loans, don't borrow in the first place.

If you don't have the money, don't kill yourself, i agree. Sell your phone, your laptop and pay them back.

You are ruining people's business.

Why don't you say it like this:

"Loan apps should sit still. If they don't get their money back, let them count their loss and move on. If everyone borrows and no one repays, they should wind up and find another business doing"

Say it that way and stop being indirect.

No one wants to lose. The hardship in Nigeria does not constitute an avenue for them to forcefully run a loss-bound business

Maybe i will considering venturing into this loan business.

If you will borrow, you will drop a collateral.

Let's see if that ingrate spirit won't leave you by force by fire.

If you can't pay in 7 days, don't borrow.

Is it that hard?

After you borrow, you now remember that you can't pay back in the agreed date.

What kind of a business deal is that?

You think they enjoy blackmailing you?
They just want their damn money back!

If they were allowed to do what they like, they will hire boys and loot their debtor's house. That's what "doing what they like" is.

Loan apps deserve to be ruined.

They are not truthful. They claim to offer loans with tenor as much as 120 days, only to offer a 6-13 day loan.

Loan apps like LCredit will offer you 20,000 then disburse 13000 to repay 20000 in 7 days. That is almost 50℅ interest in 7 days.

When you are wicked and exploitative, you are bound to go down.

2 Likes

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MNDY(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
Illegal1:

we 2 dey the same boat....

i dey owe 5 apps...

How far...
I borrow from FairMoney dem don reduce the amount for me to pay. They've called me countless times to threaten me that they will make CBN to blacklist me from getting loans.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MNDY(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

See my guy,, na mumu dey pay back loan sharks, dem don call contacts rest na abi...

I tink the Blacklist sef na to just prevent you from being able to take loans again even from banks.

I nor tink I go fiiii pay FairMoney dis money I dey owe dem ooo.

1 Like

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Stevosty: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

If I was working for any loan app, I might have summoned boys and directed them to the debtor's house.

We pick a valuable that can pay for his debt and give him his remaining change.
e b like say you and your boys never collect before, na boxers una go take run.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Ofemmanu1: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
Haylel:

Ingrates!

Those borrowers are basterrd ingrates.

Imagine someone borrowed you money and you wanna run?!
Why borrow what you can't payback?

Those companies needs a debt collector like me.
Blackmail is mercy, na death I go serve the chronic debtors.

1 Like

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Sermwell(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
MikeMicheal:
They know their customers they can blackmail na.

I am owing like 6 apps, and i promise to pay when i am richer than Elonmusk, so help me God.
Oga you're a thief!! Period!
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MikeMicheal(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
Sermwell:

Oga i am a thief!! Period!
REPENT
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
Stevosty:
e b like say you and your boys never collect before, na boxers una go take run.

No one has a monopoly of madness!
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

The fact that 5 people liked your stupid comment is baffling.

You Nigerians have stealing in your blood
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lovestrong:
waiting this one Dey talk, oga Seventy percent of loan app are dubious

So you have borrowed from all of them that's why you know this?
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
faceland:
Please give us real credit system not all this 5k loan for 1 week.

We need millions for 5 years.

Nigerians will borrow 5 K and refuse to pay back, only a very foolish person will know this and still set up a company that will give loans of 5million unsecured loan!

1 Like

Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Shut up, my friend.

What terms and condition? Did they put blackmailing in their terms and conditions?

In fact, during the sanitization program we held around 2021 which played a huge role in bringing government to the realization of the massive damage they were doing, we fully read at least 10 terms and conditions from these illegitimate apps.

Many of them claim that they use your personal information to assess your credit risk. That they don't save customer details to their servers. But that was a big lie. Because as soon as you default, you will see that they didn't follow their own terms and conditions. That they actually save personal data to their servers and then distribute it to miscreants called recovery agents to use anyhow, which contravenes the data protection law.

Nothing justifies blackmail.

Continue to run your mouth till you see your loved one's picture being posted about as that of an HIV patient. Or when a sibling of yours is driven to suicide.

You actually sound very daft!

Only a very daft person will give an unsecured loan and not save vital information about the borrower
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
MrFollowFollow:

You actually sound very daft!

Only a very daft person will give an unsecured loan and not safe vital information about the borrower

You are a very stupid, untrained mannerless riffraff.

If you had been civil in your response, I would have said that I meant phone details such as contacts, photos, messages, and so on.

They use these info to blackmail people and their friends and family.

When you download a loan app, the first thing you see is their terms asking you not to worry about giving them permission to information on your phone as they only need the information to access your creditworthiness. But that is a big lie. The app wants even more access than your bank apps. They even want access to storage before you can use them.

As soon as you give access, the app takes every details. If you default, they will use different photos on your phone to defame you.

That is very unethical.

That is my point.
Re: MoneyMonger: FG Warns Against Blackmailing Money-Lending App by Tilldendoftime(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2022
Starships4u:

Honestly bro.....
On a personal note, I hate these loan apps,
I know most of both my senior and Junior colleagues during this last ASUU STRIKE that got severally disgraced silly just because they borrowed money thinking FGN would soon pay up....

And their dirty tactics in recovering such loans/monies.... They most often than none even spill the defaulters details even as much as BVN...
It's horrible to say the least...
U are right...I am a witness too! I just decide not to patronize them and sinxe then I've peace...but not everyone can do same when seriously in need.
D worst that can happen to a man is to see his kids hungry and yet can't do anything to help. That's d extent we've bn pushed to by hunger inflicted by bad government in this country. Like I said earlier we will keep trying but only God can help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal / Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari / Oshiomhole: I’m Unmoved By Removal Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.