Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Prayers Work - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Work (1969 Views)

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? / What Really Makes Prayers Work / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

I used to consider the existence of God as something that's possible before
Right now.... I consider it impossible for God to exist.
Do you have any question about that?
Can you answer my question about the universe?
On this sir, please look around you. Do you really think there is a God that exists? I cannot really begin to say the things that I know because this is a world wide web and many people will begin to call me demon, demon and demons.. lol. You know? One of the problems people with this God thing is that(especially in Africa) is that,they've seen some really amazing stuffs, maybe like voodoo or jazz or future telling and they because of that convince themselves that if there were such things, then there must be one great grandfather of power behind it... Which is God. Lol, how primitive humans can be. Though most of those things are not really real, but I can tell you that there are some of them that are very real(But they can be thoroughly explained, by the understanding of the cosmos that in fact there is no spiritual hand at all in miracles or the emergence of voodoo or Jazz at all( we can explain this if you wanted). And for the future telling knowing what's on people's mind or predicting the future. These can be caused by a lot of things, firstly I'll like to hit it from psychological aspects. In the 20th century Dr. Rhine and his associate at Duke University carried out a research, and they discovered that almost 60 out of 100 people have the sense of clairvoyance and telepathy while 80 out of 100 gambler have the same sense. Why do you think the percentage increased. It is simple, gamblers guess a lot and they unconsciously use this sense. And according to psychologist, the part of our brain that we use the most end up mostly developed. So it's possible that some pastors or some people are able to tell the future correctly (This has no spiritual hand at all, this is what scientists in the 20th century called the 6th sense, this is inherent in every human , but more active in some people just as some people are good with calculations and some are good with reasoning and some logic) . The late Dr. Elmer R. Gates of Chevy Chase, Maryland created more than 200 patents and when he was asked how he got his inspiration, he said he had a room in his laboratory called the "information room" the room was a sound proof and dark room, then he stayed there for several minutes, no singing and praying to any sky daddy. After that, inspiration would come.(This is what so many of these religious leaders do, and when they receive inspiration they'll be quick to attribute it to a big sky daddy simply because they lack the understanding of the sixth sense) you yourself, there have been times that you had instincts about something, and you did otherwise. Later you'll begin to blame yourself that ("and my mind was telling me o"wink that was your sixth sense trying to communicate to you. The sixth sense is very powerful, everyone has it. Some just understand how it works than the others. Also what about visions and dreams? As I've explained earlier, dream is also a form of clairvoyance, in philosophy, there is something called HARD DETERMINISM: simplistically it means that, what will happen to us, will happen to us regardless (this is giving course to something like destiny) but many other branches of philosophy such as Existentialism were quick to point out that A person or a man should have the ability to think and act independently. However there is a law of Natural Consequences and a law of cause and effect. For instance, a student who refused to study for an examination may fail. What's the cause? Refusal to study. The effect? Failure! So sometimes when we have dreams or visions the are really genuine, they are the effects of some actions that we've taken either knowingly or unknowingly or may be our sixth sense trying to communicate to us, for instance when a loved or close person is in danger or in joy. And this is not attributed to any supernatural power, as even people who don't worship any God also experience this. I read a report on a research conducted on blind people. Some not many of them claimed they they do have dreams, but their dreams are not visual , only auditory. And for people who claim to hear God after fasting and praying, this is a symptom of delirium which may include visual and auditory hallucinations or an extended symptom of mental epilepsy. So back to the question, look around you, does it seem like there is any anthropomorphic God? Let's not go too deeply into that question, or else we'll begin to unravel, what will make many people lose their faith. Why? Do I not want people to lose their faith? Yes! Because some very primitive semiliterate simpleton have not developed fully into homo sapiens, and the only thing that is keeping their character in check is because they are scared that their supposed loving God will burn them in hell it they misbehaved, to such people, religion might be a good thing or else they won't be able to contain their animalistic character.
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

Yes sir, I will answer as best to my knowledge. And incase there is any i do not know, I'll make more research or I may share some resourceful materials

Answer these

How can the universe be boundless if it has a beginning?

How can there be a universe or everything that exists if there's no limit to what exists?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 2:41am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Answer these

How can the universe be boundless if it has a beginning?
I'll like to explain as simple as I can. The universe we live in is expanding, simply by observing that galaxies and groups of galaxies are always changing positions in the universe. This change of position has been occuring since the universe was formed about more than 14 billion years. And at least, we can see a proof of this in one of Hubble's works on the study of the universe that: the further away an object was, the faster it was moving away from us. This means if the Universe is expanding, then there must have been a time that it was infinitely small. That the galaxies are constantly changing positions clearly gives ground to the pulsating theory that the universe though is constantly expanding may at one point begin contracting where everything falls back into the hot fireball and the explosion starts again. The universe has no boundary simply because the geometry of the universe is aligned in such a way that the space is curved so that if you could travel billions of light years in a straight line you would eventually finish back where you started.Elon Musk said that better in one of his interviews, that, the space is bent inwardly and that the force acting on the super massive black hole is like a funnel, that to get out of gravity you need a spiral oscillation (at least that makes sense, the planet themselves travel round the sun not on parallel lines. So the lil fireball they broke into the cosmos we have today didn't break into space, as many scientists have claimed in the past. But space and time itself were inside the universe before the bang happened. For instance if a spaceship flies among the stars, If it exits on one side of the universe it reemerges on the other side.This set the basis that the universe has no boundary and no centre. Because space and time are contained in the universe itself. . Space was matter, it condensed into several stars and galaxies that we have today. So since the universe didn't explode into the space, then there is no reason the Universe shouldn't be boundless, unless if the pulsating theory begins to kick in. Though the earth and it's solar system are not moving apart. Thanks to gravity, but clusters of galaxies that are held together are also moving apart in the universe,
and there is no 'outside' of our universe and It is even possible that our universe is part of an infinity of universes called the multiverse, but these universes do not necessarily need a 'space' to exist in as they are boundless and timeless because according to T. S Elliot a 20th century writer. He said "there is something strange about time that it consist of a pattern of timeless moment" however Plato called time " A moving image of eternity" but I prefer Aristotle's which states that Time is the result of change in the material world. If the universe is expanding, it actually meant that it changed after a long existence.
HellVictorinho6:

How can there be a universe or everything that exists if there's no limit to what exists?
you've answered your question sir, the reason there can be a universe or everything is simply because there is no limit to what can exits. Complexity arises from simplicity. The early universe consisted of a little more than hydrogen and helium, but today's universe consist of more interesting objects such as ourselves. So energy flows are needed to bind simple components into more complex structures just as 2 atoms of Hydrogen and 1 atom of Oxygen gives water and 2atoms of Hydrogen and 2 atoms of Oxygen gives something more interesting. As the universe began to grow, more complexities arose from simplicity. And there can't be a limit to the level of complexity that will arise as time goes by
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:40am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

I'll like to explain as simple as I can. The universe we live in is expanding, simply by observing that galaxies and groups of galaxies are always changing positions in the universe. This change of position has been occuring since the universe was formed about more than 14 billion years. And at least, we can see a proof of this in one of Hubble's works on the study of the universe that: the further away an object was, the faster it was moving away from us. This means if the Universe is expanding, then there must have been a time that it was infinitely small. That the galaxies are constantly changing positions clearly gives ground to the pulsating theory that the universe though is constantly expanding may at one point begin contracting where everything falls back into the hot fireball and the explosion starts again. The universe has no boundary simply because the geometry of the universe is aligned in such a way that the space is curved so that if you could travel billions of light years in a straight line you would eventually finish back where you started.Elon Musk said that better in one of his interviews, that, the space is bent inwardly and that the force acting on the super massive black hole is like a funnel, that to get out of gravity you need a spiral oscillation (at least that makes sense, the planet themselves travel round the sun not on parallel lines. So the lil fireball they broke into the cosmos we have today didn't break into space, as many scientists have claimed in the past. But space and time itself were inside the universe before the bang happened. For instance if a spaceship flies among the stars, If it exits on one side of the universe it reemerges on the other side.This set the basis that the universe has no boundary and no centre. Because space and time are contained in the universe itself. . Space was matter, it condensed into several stars and galaxies that we have today. So since the universe didn't explode into the space, then there is no reason the Universe shouldn't be boundless, unless if the pulsating theory begins to kick in. Though the earth and it's solar system are not moving apart. Thanks to gravity, but clusters of galaxies that are held together are also moving apart in the universe,
and there is no 'outside' of our universe and It is even possible that our universe is part of an infinity of universes called the multiverse, but these universes do not necessarily need a 'space' to exist in as they are boundless and timeless because according to T. S Elliot a 20th century writer. He said "there is something strange about time that it consist of a pattern of timeless moment" however Plato called time " A moving image of eternity" but I prefer Aristotle's which states that Time is the result of change in the material world. If the universe is expanding, it actually meant that it changed after a long existence.

you've answered your question sir, the reason there can be a universe or everything is simply because there is no limit to what can exits. Complexity arises from simplicity. The early universe consisted of a little more than hydrogen and helium, but today's universe consist of more interesting objects such as ourselves. So energy flows are needed to bind simple components into more complex structures just as 2 atoms of Hydrogen and 1 atom of water gives water and 2atoms of Hydrogen and 2 atoms of Oxygen gives something more interesting. As the universe began to grow, more complexities arose from simplicity. And there can't be a limit to the level of complexity that will arise as time goes by

Space and time....contained.

What do you mean by contained here?

What do you mean by infinite ....... when you say infinite universes?

Define the infinite.

If the universe has a beginning....,why say it is timeless?

Having a beginning means having an age ..age is the time something has spent being itself.

If there's no outside a universe,does it mean the other universes are inside the universe?

If they're neither inside nor outside,...... if they don't require where and when,does it mean they require nothing??
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:48am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

you've answered your question sir, the reason there can be a universe or everything is simply because there is no limit to what can exits. Complexity arises from simplicity. The early universe consisted of a little more than hydrogen and helium, but today's universe consist of more interesting objects such as ourselves. So energy flows are needed to bind simple components into more complex structures just as 2 atoms of Hydrogen and 1 atom of water gives water and 2atoms of Hydrogen and 2 atoms of Oxygen gives something more interesting. As the universe began to grow, more complexities arose from simplicity. And there can't be a limit to the level of complexity that will arise as time goes by

Everything specifically means there's a limit.

It means everything within this or that .... For example everything within a box.

If there's no outside a universe,then why is there everything or SOMETHING actually restricted within the universe?

I mean if there's no outside,there shouldn't be an inside too.... everything specifically requires an inside..... which is impossible without an outside.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 6:07am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Space and time....contained.
What do you mean by contained here?
What do you mean by infinite ....... when you say infinite universes?
Define the infinite.
If the universe has a beginning....,why say it is timeless?
Having a beginning means having an age ..age is the time something has spent being itself.
If there's no outside a universe,does it mean the other universes are inside the universe?
If they're neither inside nor outside,...... if they don't require where and when,does it mean they require nothing??
yes sir, space and time contained sir, in the sense that both space and time were inside the very tiny hot and rapidly expanding fireball that birthed this universe. There was neither space nor time before the explosion. The explosion birthed Space and Time.
Yes sir. Scientist have indeed understood that , when the bang occured, it didn't give birth to just our Universe, but to several other universes now we call it the Multiverse. So if I'm to put it more elegantly, the big bang gave birth to Multiverse, our Universe and several other universes.
Also yes sir. Time started when the explosion occured, so before the explosion there was no time. But based on prediction as there was no time before the bang, scientist suggested that it must have taken the tiny lil fireball 20Billion light years before explosion.
We are able to say confidently that our Universe is about 14billion light years old because when the explosion occured, time began.
The other universes are not inside our Universe, our Universe and the other universes are inside the space that was created when the big explosion occured. See it like this. The tiny little fireball is like a water melon. Each universe is like a seed in the water melon. The flesh can be likened to space. So there are many different seeds in the flesh of a water melon but the flesh itself is contained in the peel or the outside coating. The outside coating is the fireball, the flesh is the space and the seeds are the universes.
The reason the universe is timeless is because, no one can say exactly how long it took the tiny lil fireball before it exploded (do not forget, time didn't start until the explosion). So our Universe since after the explosion is about 13.8-14billion years old, and when we say the Universe is timeless, there is no one who can say :This is when the universe will come to an end. Though scientist like Prof. Hawkings have predicted the end of earth to come in some many years, but sir, that's just the earth our planet. The earth itself is just like a dot on motive dust in the galaxies. The end of earth is not the end of the universe. So the universe is timeless no one knows when it started before the big bang and no one knows when it will stop existing
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 6:21am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:
Everything specifically means there's a limit.
It means everything within this or that .... For example everything within a box.
If there's no outside a universe,then why is there everything or SOMETHING actually restricted within the universe?
I mean if there's no outside,there shouldn't be an inside too.... everything specifically requires an inside..... which is impossible without an outside.
I like your reasoning, and your approach of logic, but let's not use the philosophical approach of reasoning, let's reason from the non obvious, not using analogy. It is possible for something to have a begining and not to have an end. For instance, Time has a beginning, but what's the end of the time? As we speak, time is still busy moving on. Can you bet that? Likewise space has a beginning but as we speak, space still doesn't have an ending. Even if there is going to be an end to time, I'm not sure there will be any living thing that will be able to witness that, because that will be the end of the Multiverse. Space and Time are awesomely proportional
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:00am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

yes sir, space and time contained sir, in the sense that both space and time were inside the very tiny hot and rapidly expanding fireball that birthed this universe. There was neither space nor time before the explosion. The explosion birthed Space and Time.
Yes sir. Scientist have indeed understood that , when the bang occured, it didn't give birth to just our Universe, but to several other universes now we call it the Multiverse. So if I'm to put it more elegantly, the big bang gave birth to Multiverse, our Universe and several other universes.
Also yes sir. Time started when the explosion occured, so before the explosion there was no time. But based on prediction as there was no time before the bang, scientist suggested that it must have taken the tiny lil fireball 20Billion light years before explosion.
We are able to say confidently that our Universe is about 14billion light years old because when the explosion occured, time began.
The other universes are not inside our Universe, our Universe and the other universes are inside the space that was created when the big explosion occured. See it like this. The tiny little fireball is like a water melon. Each universe is like a seed in the water melon. The flesh can be likened to space. So there are many different seeds in the flesh of a water melon but the flesh itself is contained in the peel or the outside coating. The outside coating is the fireball, the flesh is the space and the seeds are the universes.
The reason the universe is timeless is because, no one can say exactly how long it took the tiny lil fireball before it exploded (do not forget, time didn't start until the explosion). So our Universe since after the explosion is about 13.8-14billion years old, and when we say the Universe is timeless, there is no one who can say :This is when the universe will come to an end. Though scientist like Prof. Hawkings have predicted the end of earth to come in some many years, but sir, that's just the earth our planet. The earth itself is just like a dot on motive dust in the galaxies. The end of earth is not the end of the universe. So the universe is timeless no one knows when it started before the big bang and no one knows when it will stop existing

There was no time but there was something....... do you think there was just one thing?
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:02am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

I like your reasoning, and your approach of logic, but let's not use the philosophical approach of reasoning, let's reason from the non obvious, not using analogy. It is possible for something to have a begining and not to have an end. For instance, Time has a beginning, but what's the end of the time? As we speak, time is still busy moving on. Can you bet that? Likewise space has a beginning but as we speak, space still doesn't have an ending. Even if there is going to be an end to time, I'm not sure there will be any living thing that will be able to witness that, because that will be the end of the Multiverse. Space and Time are awesomely proportional

Answer my most recent question
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

There was no time but there was something....... do you think there was just one thing?
what I think does not affect reality in this case, this is not a matter of thoughts. This is a matter of empirical evidences of empirical data. To answer your question: Yes. So far so good, with respect to scientifical facts. There was just one thing.
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:11am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

what I think does not affect reality in this case, this is not a matter of thoughts. This is a matter of empirical evidences of empirical data. To answer your question: Yes. So far so good, with respect to scientifical facts. There was just one thing.

What surrounded it?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2022
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

What surrounded it?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

What surrounded it?
What surrounded what
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

What surrounded what

That one thing.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:20am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

That one thing.
According to science At that time, all matter were wrapped in a very HIGH DENSITY and HEAT called singularity. So that one thing was wrapped in a SINGULARITY
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

According to science At that time, all matter were wrapped in a very HIGH DENSITY and HEAT called singularity. So that one thing was wrapped in a SINGULARITY

What surrounded the singularity?
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

Answer me

Am not trying to make you feel stupid
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:
What surrounded the singularity?
I'm not primitive and insensitive to not understand where you are pushing this conversation, but I will give answers regardless... Well as it is , scientist have not been able to state out pedagogically , but there have been some unaccepted thesis that it was in a void
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm not primitive and insensitive to not understand where you are pushing this conversation, but I will give answers regardless... Well as it is , scientist have not been able to state out pedagogically , but there have been some unaccepted thesis that it was in a void

Define the void.... remember there was no space/time.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Answer me
Am not trying to make you feel stupid
Well honestly speaking, I'm beginning to feel like grin grin grin
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

Well honestly speaking, I'm beginning to feel like grin grin grin

Ok.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Define the void.... remember there was no space/time.
Sir, please consult your dictionary or use Google. The word is not technical
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

Sir, please consult your dictionary or use Google. The word is not technical

Say it as you see it.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Say it as you see it.
Not the void as in astronomy. But void the normal English word which means...Containing nothing; empty; vacant; not occupied; not filled
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:47am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

Not the void as in astronomy. But void the normal English word which means...Containing nothing; empty; vacant; not occupied; not filled

Do you agree that it is possible for no thing to surround something?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Do you agree that it is possible for no thing to surround something?
Yes of course, if not that nothing was surrounding it? Or how would it be able to expand if something was surrounding it?
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

Yes of course, if not that nothing was surrounding it? Or how would it be able to expand if something was surrounding it?

Something surrounding it can also become mixed with it.

Consider A surrounded by B which is surrounded by C and it goes on forever with A having no inside.

Since A is something that can disintegerate and spread across certain parts of B which can also disintegerate and spread across certain parts of C till something else is formed to be surrounded by D only for A+B+C to split again ..... with such inevitably constant and happening anyhow...,why not something instead of nothing
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN.....did I drive you away?

Did I offend you?

How?

Why?

I was finding our conversations interesting.
Re: Prayers Work by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

sir it was really a bid deal when Henry Ford first proposed that. Please research on that.

I'm sorry sir, but I won't be fair enough if I'm not diligent in pointing out the trichotomy in the above point and how we have so many varieties or lemme say denominations or subsets of the christian faith, so many confusions and uncertainties. One moment you'll hear women putting on trousers is a sin, the next moment you will see another preacher putting on trousers. They all claim to hear from their God, why couldn't He just settle some dichotomies once and for all?

I must commend that you are open minded and you think pretty well, I like the fact that you reemphasized that gravity really had been in existence, Sir Newton only discovered it. The same way the brief history had also been, Sir Einstein discovered it and Prof. Hawkings refined it. The theory or lemme call it law, of Natural Selection had also been before Charles Darwin discovered it. Science is all about discoveries. What has religion discovered?how to kill people? Even in Belfast, Beirut and some other countries, do you know that christians kill themselves there

Once again, I like the fact that we've been addressing each point with keeness. science, observing the obvious(the reality)
That's what science is all about. Science is based on proofs. Before theories are propounded, they must have been tested with lots of empirical data to ensure they give the expected results that satisfy at any given condition. So the Theory of Evolution is not just a mere speculation, the origin of the cosmos is not just a mere speculation, Natural Selection is not just a mere speculation. They've all been rigorously tested and now they are to be trusted

They've been proven sir, The discoveries of fossils of Hominids, Denivosans, Australopithecus Afarensis, Namarensis, Africanus. Habilis and lots more are worthy and overwhelming proofs that science is not just in fact, but indeed exquisitely impressive

We are the Homo Sapiens, but there are lots of evidences pointing towards the existence of our ancestors, dated back in time to 3.2 million years ago sir.
Theoretical physics based on mathematical calculations or science does not exactly prove the origin of the universe or how exactly the hole is. Science doesn't know and it is called a calculated guess. Most of the THEORIES are hypothesis that need to be proven. All theory needs to be proven that is why it is called a theory and not a fact. Christians accept science e.g if not fot the invention of the automobile, transportation will be quite difficult. Christians reject bad science e.g a
Atheist is using science to discredit God

Anyway I cannot force you to belief there is God. You are free to belief whatever you want to belief, I pray you find God.
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2022
Abi1985:

Theoretical physics based on mathematical calculations or science does not exactly prove the origin of the universe or how exactly the hole is. Science doesn't know and it is called a calculated guess. Most of the THEORIES are hypothesis that need to be proven. All theory needs to be proven that is why it is called a theory and not a fact. Christians accept science e.g if not fot the invention of the automobile, transportation will be quite difficult. Christians reject bad science e.g a

Anyway I cannot force you to belief there is God. You are free to belief whatever you want to belief, I pray you find God.

God is overrated....... cannibals also believe in God.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
Abi1985:

Theoretical physics based on mathematical calculations or science does not exactly prove the origin of the universe or how exactly the hole is
So it is the creation of light and vegetations before the creation of the sun that proofs the origin of the Universe?

Abi1985:
Science doesn't know and it is called a calculated guess.

[Don't say Science doesn't know, say you yourself do not know.
Abi1985:

Most of the THEORIES are hypothesis that need to be proven. All theory needs to be proven that is why it is called a theory and not a fact.
point of correction sir, in the scientific field, hypotheses are not theories sir. Hypotheses need to be proven to become theories. They have, and that's why we have theories. Theories with hard evidences. Anyday, anytime, anywhere, any country , you can always count that a fruit will fall (downward) water will flow downhill, a stall will fall downward. These are hard evidences of the law of gravity. These are the things you should count on, YOU DONT FIND EXCUSE FOR SCIENCE. IN SCIENCE, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
Abi1985:

Christians accept science e.g if not fot the invention of the automobile, transportation will be quite difficult.
What other choice do you guys have please?
Abi1985:
Christians reject bad science e.g a
What is bad science sir, have you ever heard that some scientific crusaders went for some holy war or what? Or has science ever used perception engineering to swindle anyone of their hard earned money?
Abi1985:
No sir, we use science to get people illuminated, get them out of the folklore and fairytale indoctrination, shrink them out of false hope of some placebos effect, to use their time for something more productive rather than running someone else's vision in the name of religion.
Abi1985:
Anyway I cannot force you to belief there is God.
Instead can you force your God to believe in me?
Abi1985:
You are free to belief whatever you want to belief, I pray you find God.
Tell your God to find me . Let's conduct a very quick research. Pray to your God that he should touch my heart in 7days. If my heart is touched, then you and your God have win. If otherwise, you'll realize that prayers are as useless as speaking to the ceilings because there is nobody at the receiving end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where To Get George Adegboye Tapes / What Is Righteousness? / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.