Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Prayers Work - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Work (1964 Views)

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? / What Really Makes Prayers Work / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

On this sir, please look around you. Do you really think there is a God that exists? I cannot really begin to say the things that I know because this is a world wide web and many people will begin to call me demon, demon and demons.. lol. You know? One of the problems people with this God thing is that(especially in Africa) is that,they've seen some really amazing stuffs, maybe like voodoo or jazz or future telling and they because of that convince themselves that if there were such things, then there must be one great grandfather of power behind it... Which is God. Lol, how primitive humans can be. Though most of those things are not really real, but I can tell you that there are some of them that are very real(But they can be thoroughly explained, by the understanding of the cosmos that in fact there is no spiritual hand at all in miracles or the emergence of voodoo or Jazz at all( we can explain this if you wanted). And for the future telling knowing what's on people's mind or predicting the future. These can be caused by a lot of things, firstly I'll like to hit it from psychological aspects. In the 20th century Dr. Rhine and his associate at Duke University carried out a research, and they discovered that almost 60 out of 100 people have the sense of clairvoyance and telepathy while 80 out of 100 gambler have the same sense. Why do you think the percentage increased. It is simple, gamblers guess a lot and they unconsciously use this sense. And according to psychologist, the part of our brain that we use the most end up mostly developed. So it's possible that some pastors or some people are able to tell the future correctly (This has no spiritual hand at all, this is what scientists in the 20th century called the 6th sense, this is inherent in every human , but more active in some people just as some people are good with calculations and some are good with reasoning and some logic) . The late Dr. Elmer R. Gates of Chevy Chase, Maryland created more than 200 patents and when he was asked how he got his inspiration, he said he had a room in his laboratory called the "information room" the room was a sound proof and dark room, then he stayed there for several minutes, no singing and praying to any sky daddy. After that, inspiration would come.(This is what so many of these religious leaders do, and when they receive inspiration they'll be quick to attribute it to a big sky daddy simply because they lack the understanding of the sixth sense) you yourself, there have been times that you had instincts about something, and you did otherwise. Later you'll begin to blame yourself that ("and my mind was telling me o"wink that was your sixth sense trying to communicate to you. The sixth sense is very powerful, everyone has it. Some just understand how it works than the others. Also what about visions and dreams? As I've explained earlier, dream is also a form of clairvoyance, in philosophy, there is something called HARD DETERMINISM: simplistically it means that, what will happen to us, will happen to us regardless (this is giving course to something like destiny) but many other branches of philosophy such as Existentialism were quick to point out that A person or a man should have the ability to think and act independently. However there is a law of Natural Consequences and a law of cause and effect. For instance, a student who refused to study for an examination may fail. What's the cause? Refusal to study. The effect? Failure! So sometimes when we have dreams or visions the are really genuine, they are the effects of some actions that we've taken either knowingly or unknowingly or may be our sixth sense trying to communicate to us, for instance when a loved or close person is in danger or in joy. And this is not attributed to any supernatural power, as even people who don't worship any God also experience this. I read a report on a research conducted on blind people. Some not many of them claimed they they do have dreams, but their dreams are not visual , only auditory. And for people who claim to hear God after fasting and praying, this is a symptom of delirium which may include visual and auditory hallucinations or an extended symptom of mental epilepsy. So back to the question, look around you, does it seem like there is any anthropomorphic God? Let's not go too deeply into that question, or else we'll begin to unravel, what will make many people lose their faith. Why? Do I not want people to lose their faith? Yes! Because some very primitive semiliterate simpleton have not developed fully into homo sapiens, and the only thing that is keeping their character in check is because they are scared that their supposed loving God will burn them in hell it they misbehaved, to such people, religion might be a good thing or else they won't be able to contain their animalistic character.

Why didn't you answer my last question?
Re: Prayers Work by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

So it is the creation of light and vegetations before the creation of the sun that proofs the origin of the Universe?

[Don't say Science doesn't know, say you yourself do not know.

point of correction sir, in the scientific field, hypotheses are not theories sir. Hypotheses need to be proven to become theories. They have, and that's why we have theories. Theories with hard evidences. Anyday, anytime, anywhere, any country , you can always count that a fruit will fall (downward) water will flow downhill, a stall will fall downward. These are hard evidences of the law of gravity. These are the things you should count on, YOU DONT FIND EXCUSE FOR SCIENCE. IN SCIENCE, IT IS WHAT IT IS.

What other choice do you guys have please?

What is bad science sir, have you ever heard that some scientific crusaders went for some holy war or what? Or has science ever used perception engineering to swindle anyone of their hard earned money?

No sir, we use science to get people illuminated, get them out of the folklore and fairytale indoctrination, shrink them out of false hope of some placebos effect, to use their time for something more productive rather than running someone else's vision in the name of religion.

Instead can you force your God to believe in me?

Tell your God to find me . Let's conduct a very quick research. Pray to your God that he should touch my heart in 7days. If my heart is touched, then you and your God have win. If otherwise, you'll realize that prayers are as useless as speaking to the ceilings because there is nobody at the receiving end.

My post is orginally intended for those who believe in praying to God, not for non believer or atheists. This is bad science e.g theory of evolution is bad science. If one want to believe man evolved from ape, then that is their belief. I did not evolve from apes and that is my belief. Atheists love using science to deny God when many scientists believed in God. If not for Christianity? Where will science be? Atheists has turned science into tool to discredit God.
Everyone is entitled to their belief so be it. Just as some people belief the earth is flat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi To Behead Lebanese Convicted Of Witchcraft / LADIES, The Reason God Gave You Beauty And A Good Body Is To Win Souls. / Does Satan & His Demons Possess The Power To Read Minds Like God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.