Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Issue Between My Mom And My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife (26269 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Sucre6: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2022
When it comes to marriage and relationship, mums are hardly wrong, if she says don't go she has probably seen red flags that ain't obvious but love won't let u see at a time, mums are super sensitive to these things.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Fiscus105(m): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2022
Over familiarity often leads to conflict.

Yoruba would say, sad things that ear doesn't hear, will not make stomach troubled.

I blame you for telling your wife to stay with ur mum

I also blame ur wife for downloading issues for her mum, when she knows she still needs the marriage.

I blame her mum for overeating

The next lady u might have been planning to marry may be worse, meanwhile, no woman can take care of kid like his/her mother.

My advice. She and her mom learned already, it's time u gave her second chance.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by STEWpid(f): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2022
Chai
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by simplepee(f): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2022
I’m just imagining my brother’s wife and her mum insulting my mum. I go kill person that day. Useless mother and daughter.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by olaeffect(m): 11:38am On Dec 25, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
Never you neglect a red flag, that's all I can advise you. It's better to be a happy baby daddy than be miserable married man.

By the way, who said you can't be a great father without marrying the mother of your child?

Wow, too much sense in such a short post.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by eebraa(m): 11:38am On Dec 25, 2022
Dear daughter in-laws, remember that one day you will also become a mother in-law to your son's wife. Learn to live in peace and harmony with your mother in-law.

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Nyanabo(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2022
Since your mom has told you to bring her back, then you should, maybe she would learn to tolerate you girlfriends excesses. Also it won't be nice to to listen to some you claim to love so dearly.

But you see me, if I were in your shoes that marriage is long forgotten. When she give birth I would carry my child after a year. Insult me all you like, but never extend it to my mother. I can cause damage because of that.

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by gratiaeo(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Don’t send your wife to stay with your mom.
This things are simple .
Women find it hard to cohabit
Only reasonable advice so far. only few women can live with mother in_law, most mother in law are troublesome
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by ConsciousMan01: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2022
Your first mistake was ignoring the initial red flags you saw in her, your second mistake will be going ahead to wife her..

Nothing should make you marry a woman who has the guts to insult your mother not to talk of her having the support of her own mother (speaks so much about their family)

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by abuhusna1: 11:46am On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:
Please what is this thing about mother in-law and daughter in-law that doesn’t make them get along?

Am in the middle an issue and don’t know how to proceed, let me tell you how it all started.

I’m the first born of my family, my father left us with my mom and marry another woman. To assist my mom I had to get a part time job while still in secondary school and this really affect my life.

Fast forward to 5 years ago I met my wife and we begin dating, during this time I won’t lie I saw some red flags about her family but was hoping things will change along the line. Her mom is a prophetess in a white garment church, she said my wife was her favorite in all her children. I didn’t count it because I see it as a normal thing for a mother to love her child endlessly.

To cut the long story short, last year my babe got pregnant and we decided to introduce both families and after that she will go stay with my mom for a while because am not always around and she need someone at home with her.

Now during this time mom do complain that she’s not free and do isolate herself from the rest of the family, on many occasion I’ll sit her down and we talk things out only for it to repeat itself.

On the second month of her stay with my mom I told her to go visit her mom maybe when she comes back things will be better, my wife got to her house and told her mom all sort of things and the next thing she and her mom started insulting my mom. All this thing happened around March this year and since then they have been begging because I told her nothing will make me marry her again.

Family meeting upon family meeting has been going on and at the end they want me to forgive her and bring her home which my mom insist.

Now I don’t want to look like a weak man because she and her family went too far by insulting someone I love and cherish and on the other hand I don’t want my daughter to grow up without a father figure in her life, so I don’t know what to do.

Please no insult
They family you made is greater than the family that made you.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Femabol01: 11:46am On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:
Please what is this thing about mother in-law and daughter in-law that doesn’t make them get along?

Am in the middle an issue and don’t know how to proceed, let me tell you how it all started.

I’m the first born of my family, my father left us with my mom and marry another woman. To assist my mom I had to get a part time job while still in secondary school and this really affect my life.

Fast forward to 5 years ago I met my wife and we begin dating, during this time I won’t lie I saw some red flags about her family but was hoping things will change along the line. Her mom is a prophetess in a white garment church, she said my wife was her favorite in all her children. I didn’t count it because I see it as a normal thing for a mother to love her child endlessly.

To cut the long story short, last year my babe got pregnant and we decided to introduce both families and after that she will go stay with my mom for a while because am not always around and she need someone at home with her.

Now during this time mom do complain that she’s not free and do isolate herself from the rest of the family, on many occasion I’ll sit her down and we talk things out only for it to repeat itself.

On the second month of her stay with my mom I told her to go visit her mom maybe when she comes back things will be better, my wife got to her house and told her mom all sort of things and the next thing she and her mom started insulting my mom. All this thing happened around March this year and since then they have been begging because I told her nothing will make me marry her again.

Family meeting upon family meeting has been going on and at the end they want me to forgive her and bring her home which my mom insist.

Now I don’t want to look like a weak man because she and her family went too far by insulting someone I love and cherish and on the other hand I don’t want my daughter to grow up without a father figure in her life, so I don’t know what to do.

Please no insult
You are not a man.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 25, 2022
You are the source of the problem here. First things first, don’t force relationships. Your wife could be an introvert or could be shy around people, so it's normal that she isolates herself away. Besides, she isn’t a member of your family, so your mom shouldn’t expect her to do "family" things with her. She can never be free there.

This issue is a common one with people raised by single parents. Most people focus on women raised by single parents but no one talks about the guys --- like you. Like every single mother, your mom sees you as her investment. She believes she toiled and suffered for you and for that reason, any woman you get married to will always be a rival.

Is it normal that your woman and her mom suddenly started insulting her? You didn't even talk about the source of the rivalry/insult. You only talked about your mom saying your woman isn’t free.

At this point, you are walking on glass. I don’t know what advice to give you other than you manning up and taking your woman away from your mother. This too doesn’t mean you should ignore red flags from your woman since she and her mom appear to be difficult to deal with.

3 Likes

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by ominilongest(m): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2022
Stick with your mom
The right woman will surely come along
Your mom prayers enough can make Rihanna come ur way.Trust me.If you loose your Mom long d way u will never forgive yourself I mean you won't b d same again cos you will be filled up with REGRET.

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Streetmovement(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

No modafucka and I repeat no modafucka, I don't give a Bleep if we share private parts together, you don't fuckin insult my mom, that's a line you don't wanna cross cuz in my case you can never go back from it. That's something I will keep remembering whenever I see you so it's not easy to forget cool

Determine what road is best for you and make your decisions following that
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
undecided
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Runx: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
The DAY you decide to bring a woman into your life, its the day your liberty become complicated.

2 Likes

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by happney65: 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kee both of them . Abegi
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Exceed15: 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
Na man you be. This will earn you respect forever and a big lesson for your wife not be running her mouth. However when someone ask you for forgiveness please offer it.
Mery Christmas strong man
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by 1Sharon(f): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Why did you make your wife stay with her mother? Why not her own mother?

Must in-laws get along?

3 Likes

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Sarsaproko: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
We need to hear your girlfriend's side of the story.. Wetin your mama do her?
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Enemyofpeace: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
I won't advice you as you no want make we insult you

If I disclose my location to any of you, make I bend. Sebi una sabi hoard information. Una go salivate tire today.

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by MarketDispatch: 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:
Please

Please no insult

Someone capable of insulting your source is capable of finishing you off when you finally enter the trap.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Zico777(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
izzou:
You have a great relationship with your mum, so i suggest you don't ruin it because of your girlfriend.

Separate both relationships; Be a loving son to your mum, and a loving boyfriend/babypapa to your girlfriend

We must not love each other for us to live in peace. Mutual respect and distance will do just fine

Don't let her stay with your mum again. Your mum does not deserve that kind of wahala
Very wise & mature words!!
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by ceeceeuwa: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:

Please no insult
Let me tell you a little story. In the mid eighties,my then late uncle who was my father's immediate younger brother had a misunderstanding with his baby mama. He took the baby away from her and brought her to stay with us. My father being a peace loving person adviced him to take the baby back and make peace with his baby mama because it was not good for children to grow up in a single parents home. Fast forward over 20 years later, the then baby mama had given birth to additional 5 girls for my uncle. But my uncle never knew peace. It was from one fight to the other. The woman had grown out of control. Most times he lives home to stay else where just to have peace. But he always came back home because of the children. They were 6 girls in number. When he could not take the teoubes any more. He worked his transfer to another state and remarried...but the troubles persisted because the woman always found a way to reach out to him because of the welfare of the children. She would travel down from her state to my uncle's office to report him to his superiors at work. Out of anger one day,he called my dad and accused him that he was the one that got him entangled in the whole mess because he adviced him to go back to her when she had only one child. Few years later he became ill and never recovered. He died! The woman claimed all his benefits and left the new wife with nothing.
Use your tongue and count your teeth! Most of them never change.
Merry Christmas!

6 Likes

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Pastorjohn2: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:

Please no insult

A woman that can insult your mother and you want to marry her because of pregnancy?

Make her your baby mama
Is it a must to marry her in this day and age?
Better wake up and open your eyes
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by Iseoluwani: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:

Please no insult

U only need validation, you know what to do

2 Likes

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by ModCaller: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
Never you neglect a red flag, that's all I can advise you. It's better to be a happy baby daddy than be miserable married man.

By the way, who said you can't be a great father without marrying the mother of your child?

On point.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by REALretep(m): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:

Please no insult
You are asking us to help you decide between choosing koboko and bulala.

You are already between the devil and deep blue sea. You saw the red flags but went ahead to put the girl in the family way. By so doing, you have already made your choice.

I can only advice you to prepare your mind for more troubles to come and build your relationship with God so that God can help you manage the coming troubles.

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by ModCaller: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
OP, do not bring that woman to your house.

Her family are just trying to protect the interests of their daughter. Don't fall for that.

Anybody can fool anybody. Don't allow them to fool you
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by kkins25(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

Let me tell you a little story. In the mid eighties,my then late uncle who was my father's immediate younger brother had a misunderstanding with his baby mama. He took the baby away from her and brought her to stay with us. My father being a peace loving person adviced him to take the baby back and make peace with his baby mama because it was not good for children to grow up in a single parents home. Fast forward over 20 years later, the then baby mama had given birth to additional 5 girls for my uncle. But my uncle never knew peace. It was from one fight to the other. The woman had grown out of control. Most times he lives home to stay else where just to have peace. But he always came back home because of the children. They were 6 girls in number. When he could not take the teoubes any more. He worked his transfer to another state and remarried...but the troubles persisted because the woman always found a way to reach out to him because of the welfare of the children. She would travel down from her state to my uncle's office to report him to his superiors at work. Out of anger one day,he called my dad and accused him that he was the one that got him entangled in the whole mess because he adviced him to go back to her when she had only one child. Few years later he became ill and never recovered. He died! The woman claimed all his benefits and left the new wife with nothing.
Use your tongue and count your teeth! Most of them never change.
Merry Christmas!

Was it your father putting the sperm inside the abusive baby mama? She had all these problems from day 1, yet, he put piking number 2, then 3, then 4, then 5, then toped it with girl number 6... Your uncle is the one to blame here. He is the cause of his own demise.
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by drololaaof: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kswine:

Please no insult
Well you said you saw red flag in their family ,what it is we don't know
You said she is the darling of her mother good ,who is a prophetess uum , I passionate beg you to go to your mother ask her what are the causes of the friction between her and the lady ask her to let you know if there are any spiritual things ,mind you the elders see more than us they make research that you will not bothered to do . If her response is in the negative please if heaven fall don't marry her. God might want to use that insult on your mother to deliver you from spiritual bondage. For your daughter it is only God that can provide a good care don't let them use that to keep you in bondage, because of your love and wanting to take care . It is a means that those in the spiritual realms use to put someone's into bondage ,at the end you'll discover that even your daughter is not on your side . As for Mama prophetess go and research her congegrat how many of them have settled ,happy family?
Re: Issue Between My Mom And My Wife by temiprinciple(m): 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2022
Don't fall for their cheap begging.. they will do worst if you marry her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / How My Dad's Loving Words Made Me A Better Person / The World's Largest Family Of 181 Members:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.