Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

I Am Tired Of My Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of My Mom (20431 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Wife / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 12:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry xmas every1. Hope you all are having a great night. I nid advice pls

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture, I moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom's place.

We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country.

I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January.

My mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it.

I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me.

Am i wrong for refusing to help her?

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by libertyfather(m): 12:22am On Dec 25, 2022
Dont mind her oooooo, for no one sake but your daughter
Kdsml:

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture , i moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom place. We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country. I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January , my mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it. I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me. Am i wrong for refusing to help her ?

133 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by gaby(m): 12:23am On Dec 25, 2022
Do not fall for the emotional blackmail.

Stay and stand your ground. Your daughter comes first here.

If she makes you feel less comfortable, find an alternative living arrangement.

You and your brother were brought into the world by her which automatically should make her responsible to you both, just as you are now responsible to the one you have brought into the world (your daughter).

You only owe your parents and siblings a duty of care after you have been able to sort your self-acquired or induced care cum responsibility.

Good luck..

310 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 12:25am On Dec 25, 2022
libertyfather:
Dont mind her oooooo, for no one sake but your daughter

Ok thank you for the advice

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 12:30am On Dec 25, 2022
gaby:
Do not fall for the emotional blackmail.

Stay and stand your ground. Your daughter comes first here.

If she makes you feel less comfortable, find an alternative living arrangement.

You and your brother were brought into the world by her which automatically should .she her responsible to you both, just as you are now responsible to the one you have brought into the world (your daughter).

You only owe your parents and siblings a duty of care after you have been able to sort your self-acauired or induced care cum responsibility.

Good luck..

Thank you so much you have said everything I wanted to hear and i wish i could like this your comment a millions time

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by gaby(m): 12:36am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Thank you so much you have said everything I wanted to hear and i wish i could like this your comment a millions time

The only person you owe a duty of care and worry is the one you have brought into the world just as you were brought in.

Make everybody shift and carry their cross.

I detest people with a sense of entitlement.

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Weirdcamila: 12:54am On Dec 25, 2022
Well
180k can set up something for you (food stuff market while you pay your brothers school fees)
Your brother is your responsibility too.

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 1:02am On Dec 25, 2022
gaby:

The only person you owe a duty of care and worry is the one you have brought into the world just as you were brought in.

Make everybody shift and carry their cross.

I detest people with a sense of entitlement.

You are 100% correct

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 1:02am On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Well
180k can set up something for you (food stuff market while you pay your brothers school fees)

Pls I only have one responsibility which is my daughter ,my brother is not my responsible he is 24 old enough to hustle like his fellow mates

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Weirdcamila: 1:07am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Pls I only have one responsibility which is my daughter ,my brother is not my responsible he is 24 old enough to hustle like his fellow mates

Don’t worry , in 5 years time you will understand better.
Good luck

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 1:12am On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:

Don’t worry , in 5 years time you will understand better.
Good luck

Ok

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by culf: 1:20am On Dec 25, 2022
No plan on ground to pay the fee before? Try explaining things to her to see reasons with you. please no plenty argument so She don't make the place uncomfortable for you and your baby.
120 is too much, would have asked you to maybe lend her part but was the possibility of paying back.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by sirjoggy(m): 1:25am On Dec 25, 2022
Why did you let your mom know that you have that kind of money, is either you lend her 60,000 or be looking for place you will be living to let peace rain

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 1:38am On Dec 25, 2022
culf:
No plan on ground to pay the fee before? Try explaining things to her to see reasons with you. please no plenty argument so She don't make the place uncomfortable for you and your baby.
120 is too much, would have asked you to maybe lend her part but was the possibility of paying back.

If i had more than enough i would have given it to her for free but i don't have any and the money i have now is for my business and daughter. I can't sacrifice my daughter happiness for someone else

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kdsml: 1:40am On Dec 25, 2022
sirjoggy:
Why did let your mom know that you have that kind of money, is either you lend her 60,000 or be looking for place you will be living to let peace rain

She is my mum and friend i told her so she can help me with business ideas and i don't have any money to lend her , if i had more than enough i would have given her for free but what i have now is for my business and daughter. I can't sacrifice my daughter happiness for someone else

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by culf: 1:53am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

If i had more than enough i would have given it to her for free but i don't have any and the money i have now is for my business and daughter. I can't sacrifice my daughter happiness for someone else

Seat her down, explain to her to let her see reasons with you, tell her its not as if you don't want to help but you don't have enough.

Also for your foodstuffs business, be mindful of debt please.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by michlins(m): 2:19am On Dec 25, 2022
You can not be staying at her place and be doing this.

First stay on your own no matter how little then skip the schooling for now. Your business is still very young to handle such expenses. You can defer her schooling for a year at first

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 3:24am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:
Merry xmas every1. Hope you all are having a great night. I nid advice pls. I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture , i moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom place. We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country....

Am i wrong for refusing to help her ?
You and your husband decided you should move out of your rented apartment back into your own mother's place, but did you two also at least plan to pay her rent while you are staying with her so it is not like your family is somehow mooching off of her at least? The store wey you want open for the front of house, you go also pay her rent for the space abi this na freeloading arrangement you dey run so? undecided

If you had maybe indicated that your husband did not saddle her with his family, I would say maybe you are not wrong but your story does not indicate that that isn't the case at all. It sounds a lot like your family is mooching off of her as it is, am I right? undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 3:25am On Dec 25, 2022
gaby:
The only person you owe a duty of care and worry is the one you have brought into the world just as you were brought in. Make everybody shift and carry their cross. I detest people with a sense of entitlement.
You are joking, right? She is married with her own family, and you don't think that by moving back to her parent's home with her family intact she at least owes them rent of some sort? undecided

16 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 3:29am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:
She is my mum and friend i told her so she can help me with business ideas and i don't have any money to lend her , if i had more than enough i would have given her for free but what i have now is for my business and daughter. I can't sacrifice my daughter happiness for someone else
Do you at least pay rent for the space your family occupies in her home? Do you at least intend to pay rent while running your business in front of her home? If yes to both, then you really don't owe her anything but what you want and can give. Else, you are a freeloader claiming right in what is her own house and not your own husband's house! undecided

9 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by gaby(m): 4:30am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You are joking, right? She is married with her own family, and you don't think that by moving back to her parent's home with her family intact she at least owes them rent of some sort? undecided

Why are you quoting me?

Make your comment and move on.

Do not get on my mentions.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 4:33am On Dec 25, 2022
gaby:
Why are you quoting me? Make your comment and move on. Do not get on my mentions.
What the heck is this one yapping about? I quoted you because you posted a comment on nairaland, a forum open to all members. If you don't want to be quoted then cease posting your views immediately and clear your past posts while you are at it. undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Flora2Sweet: 5:29am On Dec 25, 2022
Miracle no dey tire jesus

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:46am On Dec 25, 2022
Don't think N300,000 is a big money oOoOO if you are not careful, it will be gone within a twinkle of an eye

Na them go still use am abuse you at the end

Don't share your finances (information) with them (family)

Be wise dear

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:09am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture , i moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom place. We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country. I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January , my mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it. I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me. Am i wrong for refusing to help her ?

Don't give her that money, no matter the emotional blackmail.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by akube34: 7:14am On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Well
wat r u saying. Responsibility ke? Una funny ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Nicepoker(m): 8:10am On Dec 25, 2022
So this entitilment attitude is exhibited from both the young and old of that gender.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by faceLAGOS: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2022
One of the reasons I detest that gender.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by nicerod(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2022
Try and gather small change rent a room to have peace of mind

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by unibenakpos(m): 8:24am On Dec 25, 2022
All you do, make sure you dont need your brothers help in the future. And what level is your brother?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Richy4(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2022
What's your contributions like @ the house?... Do u contribute towards the upkeep of the house

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by gaby(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
What the heck is this one yapping about? I quoted you because you posted a comment on nairaland, a forum open to all members. If you don't want to be quoted then cease posting your views immediately and clear your past posts while you are at it. undecided

You are truly deranged.

Go find your likes to quote and engage in a back-and-forth, please. I don't do kolos

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? / 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper / Professor And Wife Celebrate 55th Wedding Anniversary (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.