Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Am Tired Of My Mom - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of My Mom (21011 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Wife / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2022
gaby:
.You are truly deranged.
Go find your likes to quote and engage in a back-and-forth, please. I don't do kolos
What the heck is this one yapping about? I quoted you because you posted a comment on nairaland, a forum open to all members. If you don't want to be quoted then cease posting your views immediately and clear your past posts while you are at it. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Bukola94(m): 10:39am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:
Merry xmas every1. Hope you all are having a great night. I nid advice pls

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture , i moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom place. We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country. I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January , my mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it. I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me. Am i wrong for refusing to help her ?
u are not wrong my dear, don't give what you cannot dash away. my spirit is telling me that she will never give u back that fund,she will disappoint you and will not feel sorry. don't give in to the pressure from her.she may told that your bro that you are a bad person ,that you didn't borrow her, if he disrespects you, don't react please.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by dawnomike(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture , i moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom place. We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country. I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January , my mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it. I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me. Am i wrong for refusing to help her ?
You are a wise woman. I pray your husband finds his footing over there soon.
Pls, your daughter is more important. Do not bulge

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by ghiloman28(m): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2022
Pls don’t fall to her pressure you will be left alone except your husband come through when ee red. I wish you can gather little change collect one room for you and your daughter Peace.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by itslinkin4005(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture, I moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom's place.

We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country.

I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January.

My mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it.

I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me.

Am i wrong for refusing to help her?
Please ,please and I said please again ooooooh... Don't give her that money . Case close.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by yunus22: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture, I moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom's place.

We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country.

I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January.

My mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it.

I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me.

dont ever give her that money

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by pocohantas(f): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2022
Richy4:
What's your contributions like @ the house?... Do u contribute towards the upkeep of the house

Well said! If you stay with your parents, know that the only thing you might save is RENT. You would contribute heavily to recurring expenses and any issue that comes up. With her description of her husband’s travel and the amount realised from sales of their property - I can already conclude he didn’t travel the right way. If I were her, na my in-law place I for go. Except if they are troublesome sha.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Waffarianman(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2022
@Op no reason you momsi oo. Just use that money wisely before your hubby sit down well over there
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by RZArecta(m): 11:51am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

stick your ground. If you make the mistake of giving your mother that money, you'll never see it again because she'll blackmail you emotionally about how she gave birth and fed you etc. Pray for your husband to get a job quickly even if it's care giver then look for a decent apartment to move to because I'm sure her next target is to stop you selling in front of her house. Her head will straighten up when you move away

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Exceed15: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2022
As long as you remain in that house you keep having issues with her.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
The second most difficult thing a human can learn is to avoid falling for the emotional manipulation of a woman. The most difficult one is to avoid falling for the emotional manipulation of their own mother. You did well. Your mom was going to pay the school fees if you didn’t show up. So why is she trying to cause issues? Stand your ground. She'll come through and will respect you for it.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by WantsandMore: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Compromise & dash her some out of it, dash her 50k if you can afford it, no dey too worry for future wey no sure for any of us.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by PeterObi4LP: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2022
Emilokan
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Oracleee: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2022
Most of the folks here are telling you not to mind your mum. Watch how you create if not an everlasting enemity between yourself and your brother. Even your mum won't be able to bridge the gap. Family is everything. Your brother might be desperate for the money. If you are to get an house rent won't you path with close to the amount and this is your blood brother we are talking about here. My sister once choosed her husband before me years ago and till today I still carry the grudge. Don't create an enemity, cut your budget cost for the business and help your brother even if not everything. Las Las that your hubby might loose guard you,. The 300k might finish or get stolen but the people you have are everything.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by RZArecta(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Well said! If you stay with your parents, know that the only thing you might save is RENT. You would contribute heavily to recurring expenses and any issue that comes up. With her description of her husband’s travel and the amount realised from sales of their property - I can already conclude he didn’t travel the right way. If I were her, na my in-law place I for go. Except if they are troublesome sha.
this mode is the normal way people travel nowadays just because of harsh economic condition of the country. They sell all their property for proof of funds down to school fees deposit. Why do you think UK universities went haywire when their government wanted to cut down on immigrations ? Nigerians bring bastard money into their system. We're deeply in the second brain drain and it will only get worse next year because they're also coming for teachers with four years teaching experience. Your advice of going to in-law place is very solid though but her mother asking for 120k out of the less than 300 with her is witchcraft

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by bikefab(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2022
Your mother wants to emotionally blackmail you, resist her.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by drololaaof: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

So far so good ,it is good that your husband relocate, but the problem is having to stay with your mama who did not understand and have patience for things to be better before making demand on you . Where will she get the money back for you to pay your children school fees? she will not pay .
You make another mistake of letting her know that you sold a property she will be thinking that the money is in millions. If it is possible for you relocate from her do so as soon as possible, when your husband settled let him send token to her . Some mother inlaw will assist the son inlaw at this difficult moment. Pray for God protection over you ,your children and husband.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by zedegit: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

No, you are not wrong.

There's no guarantee your brother will even get a job after schooling depending on the course. Let him learn a skill.
Don't start what you can't finish, if you even pay the school fees, they will expect you to pay the next one until he graduates.

Your husband is a wise man.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Amayabor1: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Well
180k can set up something for you (food stuff market while you pay your brothers school fees)
Your brother is your responsibility too.

Her brother is her responsibility too? As what? Her mother or her father?

It is obvious you are still a child who is still being spoon fed at home. If you were earning an income and not doing "daddy give me this", you would have realized that 180k is nothing in this present times, talkless of using it to pay a child's school fees and set up a food stuff business.

Do you know how much parents pay these days for their children's school fees? You wouldn't know because you are a daddy/mummy's boy.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

No, you are not. Don't give anyone shishi, coz if it boomerang, no body will be out there to assist. Remember, you have a daughter to cater for, as well as other expenses. If she likes, let her be moody, just behaves as if you see nothing,,ok? If you hadn't sold your properties, won't she look for money elsewhere for your younger brother's fees.

Please, for the sake of your baby, jejely setup your business, and ensure you are very prudent on every angle,,ok? Remember, your husband has made his stand clear that he has no job at the moment.... The Lord is your strength!

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by advanceDNA: 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
gaby:

You are truly deranged.

Go find your likes to quote and engage in a back-and-forth, please. I don't do kolos

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by pocohantas(f): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
RZArecta:
this mode is the normal way people travel nowadays just because of harsh economic condition of the country. They sell all their property for proof of funds down to school fees deposit. Why do you think UK universities went haywire when their government wanted to cut down on immigrations ? Nigerians bring bastard money into their system. We're deeply in the second brain drain and it will only get worse next year because they're also coming for teachers with four years teaching experience. Your advice of going to in-law place is very solid though but her mother asking for 120k out of the less than 300 with her is witchcraft

It is because she can’t keep her mouth closed. When her and her husband decided to sell all their properties leaving only 300k to start a business and survive in current Nigeria, did they tell her aged mum? Moving back to her family house is just t bring finish for herself and her husband.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by mmadu5(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
From these comments it's clear some people don't love or value their mum . Not to talk of their siblings .Times have really changed. Back in the old days if a demand like that is made . The people will recieve something at all at all . I guess the oop forget how her mum took care of her . I hate the new world we dont value families any more .

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Weirdcamila: 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Amayabor1:

Her brother is her responsibility too? As what? Her mother or her father?

It is obvious you are still a child who is still being spoon fed at home. If you were earning an income and not doing "daddy give me this", you would have realized that 180k is nothing in this present times, talkless of using it to pay a child's school fees and set up a food stuff business.

Do you know how much parents pay these days for their children's school fees? You wouldn't know because you are a daddy/mummy's boy.

Her brother is your responsibility .

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by flokii: 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
@OP You are living rent free in your mom's house with your daughter, still using a space in front of the house to do business yet you feel she (your mom) can't ask for help?
What if she asks you to leave tomorrow, will your 300k cater for your shelter and business centre? Use your head and stop looking for pity party.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by annayawchee: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Well
180k can set up something for you (food stuff market while you pay your brothers school fees)
keep quiet abeg..
Na your type go still call her scam if she comes here to beg tomorrow..

Abeg stand your ground op

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by zedegit: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Well

You get sense so?

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by zedegit: 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
culf:
No plan on ground to pay the fee before? Try explaining things to her to see reasons with you. please no plenty argument so She don't make the place uncomfortable for you and your baby.
120 is too much, would have asked you to maybe lend her part but was the possibility of paying back.

Paying what back?
I have been in that situation before and I can say I am regretting it somehow.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Amayabor1: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:

Her brother is your responsibility .

Go and force the 120k out of her hand to pay the school fees.

Clown!

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Starboytwo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sure your daughter is your utmost priority, but this guy we talking is your junior brother not some distant cousin etc, maybe he is not your blood brother tho

Now maybe you not fond of your lil brother etc, that one day.

This is tricky, I was not very fond of my sister at around that age myself, but I know the part she played in my life.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by NuCypher: 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Have you heard of something called rent? You owe her rent. While you don't have to give her any of the money you have for whatever reason, you at least should give her rent for staying in her house.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Enemyofpeace: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
You did just the right thing. Don't let her silence break you down, but expect more from her.

If I disclose my location to any of you, make I bend. Sebi una sabi hoard information. Una go salivate tire today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? / Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone / Wife Divorce Hubby For Impregnating Lunatic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.