Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

I Am Tired Of My Mom - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of My Mom (20430 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Wife / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Oracleee: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2022
tollyboy5:

I shake my head for stvpid people on this forum.
Ladies are very funny, if the first born was a guy and the second born was a lady people will accuse the guy of not helping his younger sis.
But now it's a lady , nothing concern her with her younger brother lol.

Life isn't fair to men. My fiancee is the first and she told me point blank when we met that she's the first and if we settle she still need to help her other siblings pull through. Entitlement mentality has nothing to do with family like have been saying. We are bound to help each other.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by tollyboy5(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oracleee:

Life isn't fair to men. My fiancee is the first and she told me point blank when we met that she's the first and if we settle she still need to help her other siblings pull through. Entitlement mentality has nothing to do with family like have been saying. We are bound to help each other.
God bless you. Happy Xmas
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Agadinaagwuofe: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:
Merry xmas every1. Hope you all are having a great night. I nid advice pls

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture, I moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom's place.

We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country.

I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January.

My mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it.

I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me.

Am i wrong for refusing to help her?

I am going to tell you the story of my cousin because her case is seemingly related to yours, but what you make out of the story is wholly yours. Her husband left her and travelled abroad leaving some funds too to her he moved to her parents house and became hostile and antagonistic, after some months she raised money and moved out but then she has created enmity with her family. After a year in order to survive the husband had to marry foreigner to gain stay (abroad no easy and for someone who relocated to hustle, hurdles dey), the dual life of the husband began getting to her because he stay so long without calls and had to pacify abroad wife before gbege go bust. To cut long story short, she got tired of marriage and raising kids and needed family again to step in but then no one was willing to step in.

Why did I tell you the story? I don't know your family dynamics and what you people have weathered together, it is easy for people online to say focus on your daughter leave your mama but Just know if it goes south YOU AND YOU ALONE will bear the consequences and no online person to assist. You alone knows the relationship with your mother but life is not a clear-cut path, you might pay your daughter school fees and your business crumbled and husband disappoints and your mum might become wealthy (I don't pray it happen just giving you scenerios). So sit down and consider a lot of external factors before making this decision

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by tollyboy5(m): 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I had stopped depending on her since i was 9 years old she gave me away to work as a house help and i have temporarily return back at almost 27 years old i don't understand why you mean that i played her for what or how? what about the lazy 24 years old who has been playing her for 24 years when he is not disable ? Don't you think he should hustle and pay for his own school fees
Your family no balance from onset lol.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by babavik: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
Weirdcamila:

Don’t worry , in 5 years time you will understand better.
Good luck

In 5yrs time her husband WILL be doing very well and must have relocated her and the daughter to his country of residence.
I'm not falseprophet but this I have seen. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by toprealman: 4:13pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I had stopped depending on her since i was 9 years old she gave me away to work as a house help and i have temporarily return back at almost 27 years old i don't understand why you mean that i played her for what or how? what about the lazy 24 years old who has been playing her for 24 years when he is not disable ? Don't you think he should hustle and pay for his own school fees
Let's not go through that lane. I am happy you didn't grow in that environment because you could have ended up like your other sibling. This is a hard dig. Let her know why you cannot spend 120 K like that. Technically, you don't have it. As for your brother, you need a deep one on one with him.
Time heals everything. May God continue to bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Lanre1st(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sister the best solution to this problem lies on you. It's you that know how your family relationship is, and you are the one that can really say your Mummy Intention. Your family is your family no matter the circumstances, if you truly know you Mummy is genuinely about borrowing and she will definitely pay back, borrow her. But if she's kind of person that just want to chop your money, try to let her and your brother reason along with you, do not fight or take them as enemy because They may be the only people that are there for you and always be there for you. God forbid your husband doesn't settle on time and you've exhausted the money or you yourself need money emergency who will you call? Try to preserve your relationship with them let them understand the reason for spending wisely, borrow her if she genuinely need it urgently, but if it's just because of her knowledge of the money in your hand, still give her something (maybe part like 30k, 40k). They maybe your helper tomorrow particularly your brother

Added comments after reading your comments of not growing with them

Still not fight them, there is wisdom in having someone to go to. Best best go and get house as soon as possible but my fair is the money will be soon exhausted if you don't get a skill job and it's only that that 300k you really on for you never practice start-up business

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by fof1: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

I am married with a kid, my husband traveled out of the country for a greener pasture, I moved out of our rented house and relocated back to my mom's place.

We had sold our properties for 300k he told me he doesn't know how long it will take him to get a job in the new country and I should use the 300k to start up a business so i will be able to take care of our daughter until he will be stable in the new country.

I have decided to start selling foodstuffs in the front of the house and i will use the remaining money for my daughter school fees in January.

My mom asked me to borrow her 120k to pay for my brother school fee and i refused explaining to her why i can't give her the money and she has been giving attitudes and refused to speak to me, i went to the market today i bought xmas clothes for my daughter and a wrapper for my mom she rejected it.

I know she is doing all this for me to give her the money but i will not give it to her no matter what. I don't understand why she is angry when she knows that my husband is not around i should use the money wisely because if i am broke i have no one else to help me.

You are not Obviously u must be Wiser than ur Past. Ur Mother should take care of her Son's Needs for Now...until u can comfortably help...Period. where is d Boy's Father or Uncles,Pls?
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Nonywendy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nicepoker:
So this entitilment attitude is exhibited from both the young and old of that gender.
gender knows no age
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by cana882(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oracleee:
Most of the folks here are telling you not to mind your mum. Watch how you create if not an everlasting enemity between yourself and your brother. Even your mum won't be able to bridge the gap. Family is everything. Your brother might be desperate for the money. If you are to get an house rent won't you path with close to the amount and this is your blood brother we are talking about here. My sister once choosed her husband before me years ago and till today I still carry the grudge. Don't create an enemity, cut your budget cost for the business and help your brother even if not everything. Las Las that your hubby might loose guard you,. The 300k might finish or get stolen but the people you have are everything.
Don’t know why people don’t understand family relationships. At the end, family is everything. When I was about travelling, my siblings all ignored me. Even when my mum sold her land to add to my savings, they all got angry that she’s wasting funds. Now, I’m the one sending all of them hundreds of thousands and even trying to bring them over.
Let her keep underrating her brother. 5yrs from now, he’ll remind her about this stupid act and I hope her foodstuff business will grow so big that she won’t need any help.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by frozen70(f): 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Trade with caution

For she to be selfish to know that you are there to cope with the situation on ground shows that she doesn't care

If you can get a room self-contain you will be better off

If you can't afford that, you have to stand in your ground that you don't have money to give her

Very soon she will be expecting feeding support from you

Meanwhile stop telling her things that are private especially about your money and spending

Start speaking that you ate broke

Use it as a ringing tone around her so that she will remove eyes from your pocket

But the best is for you to leave there
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by logic102(m): 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
Give her what you can afford to let go.probably 40k..
With your story and condition, you might need their help in the near future. Anything can help.

All those advising you not to give her that money won't give a Bleep when you need help( they won't help). Your mother and brother will be all you have left.

Change is the only permanent thing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Skillzystick(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
Help your mom with some part of the money, that money fit vanish, business fit nor turn out as planned, but your mama go still dey for you, and your brother will be grateful. Your child is still young, you fit do home lesson. Dunno sha but just try and Assist your mom
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Sweetvie: 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oracleee:

One lesson,. Whatever you give family don't expect it back.
Then she should keep her money and start her business
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by achimendy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Are you the only one she gave birth to??
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Xkale1996(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

the money ur mom ask is to much and try explain things to her, ur mum no try at all
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by achimendy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Are you the only one she gave birth to??
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Xkale1996(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Ok
in 5 years time and so wat, guy her mum no try na the fact be dat, oh u wan talk sey the brother go get money abi, na him go give me self wealth or na God go give am

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Dongallant: 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kdsml:

Yes he is my blood brother i don't owe him anything and i will not regret it.
[color=#990000][/color]
The way you sound; it's like you don't want your brother's progress. There seems a lot more to this issue than what you put out here.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Originalsly: 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
tuzle:

For those of u saying at 24 he should be able to hustle and provide for himself, what work can he do without certificate that will provide the 120k he needs for the school fees.

So one can't earn money unless he has a certificate? He can fry plantain and sell or find something that can bring him money. He may not make 120... but he can certainly reduce the amount needed.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by tuzle(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
Originalsly:

So one can't earn money unless he has a certificate? He can fry plantain and sell or find something that can bring him money. He may not make 120... but he can certainly reduce the amount needed.
u can but what u will earn won't be enough. All schools have deadline for paying school fees and as a student it isn't easy to work while schooling and u won't even get a good paying job.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Oracleee: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sweetvie:
Then she should keep her money and start her business

She should also pack out of her parents house or pay rent. No one is entitled to ntin

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Sweetvie: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oracleee:

She should also pack out of her parents house or pay rent. No one is entitled to ntin
That's the thing... Nothing goes for nothing. she should never have moved to her parents place

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Oracleee: 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2022
cana882:
Don’t know why people don’t understand family relationships. At the end, family is everything. When I was about travelling, my siblings all ignored me. Even when my mum sold her land to add to my savings, they all got angry that she’s wasting funds. Now, I’m the one sending all of them hundreds of thousands and even trying to bring them over.
Let her keep underrating her brother. 5yrs from now, he’ll remind her about this stupid act and I hope her foodstuff business will grow so big that she won’t need any help.

Already told her. Let's hope 18 years from now her daughter won't be here to rant about her rich uncle who is useless to her. My sis also made me cry because of 300k. I needed 1.3 to sort some stuffs then, and I had 1m. This same sister of mine I paid for during masters even out of the little but I put family first. Her turn came she was complaining that her hubby wanted changing her car and they need money for some project. I even asked her to lend me not give. Mehnn I cried like real hot tears. Say in my car for like an hour crying just parked somewhere. At the end, a total stranger I once did business with was who helped out. Am doing great now but mehn I always rememeber like yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Oracleee: 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sweetvie:
That's the thing... Nothing goes for nothing. she should never have moved to her parents place

Even at that,. She should about tried helping her bro. My fiancee is the first and am always proud of her when I see how she loves and can give everything for her siblings.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Originalsly: 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
tuzle:

u can but what u will earn won't be enough. All schools have deadline for paying school fees and as a student it isn't easy to work while schooling and u won't even get a good paying job.

I see .... so he can't contribute even a kobo to his own school fees. This is another reason for OP to leave the house .... the House of Entitlement.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Holiness1: 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
No matter what happens,your mother still loves you.So my dear,avoid any quarell with her,also avoid anything that can make her to curse you.And please never think of leaving the house cos of her troubles,you will regret it later.God bless you as you keep being a good daughter and mom.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by bouquilee(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2022
michlins:
You can not be staying at her place and be doing this.

First stay on your own no matter how little then skip the schooling for now. Your business is still very young to handle such expenses. You can defer her schooling for a year at first
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Raalsalghul: 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oracleee:

My fiancee is the first and she told me point blank when we met that she's the first and if we settle she still need to help her other siblings pull through.

Have like two kids they can conveniently take care of?

Mbanu! It's hard for them.

Rather they'll go about littering with offspring that might later become nuisance for the society.

I'm tempted to call a lot of Nigerians stupid.

Very senseless folks breeding like idiots.

I hope say you be multi millionaire sha because if not you go hear am.

Use your tongue count your teeth.

Your fiancee? What of her parents?
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Sweetvie: 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oracleee:

Even at that,. She should about tried helping her bro. My fiancee is the first and am always proud of her when I see how she loves and can give everything for her siblings.
I really wish there's voice note.
Try and understand her
Her husband just travelled abroad nothing is left except 300k after selling stuff.
She's only left with 300k and a kid... 300k is a small money and she want to start small business that can help still her husband av his stand abroad. 120 from 300 she is only left with 180k... If she is staying in Lagos that amount is just chicken change, it only going to sustain them for weeks coz there's no business she can start with180k undecided atleast i don't know any.
Imagine using the money to eat finish... Will she now be going to the mom or brother if she need anything money? Even if they help her at first na insult and see finish go follow las las
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Raalsalghul:
We need to start discussing the entitlement mentality of Nigerian parents.
And that of their ward as well.... undecided
Re: I Am Tired Of My Mom by Kobojunkiee: 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2022
1Sharon:
You made a mistake, going back to live with your mom.

Women's relationship improve when they aren't under the same roof.
That depends! My guess is OP may be taking advantage thinking she is entitled to. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Over 12 Years Of Waiting / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? / 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.