Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Logistics Or Supply Chain Management - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management (152701 Views)

Poll: What modes of training would you prefer for CIPS or CILT AND APICS or ISM professional programs?

Self study: 20% (2 votes)
Class room based lecture: 20% (2 votes)
Supported learning ( CD,Study Note/Guide): 50% (5 votes)
Lecture/assisted revisions (close to exams): 10% (1 vote)
Online/webinars lectures: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

j / Supply Chain Management OR Project Management / Logistics And Supply Chain Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Honey93(f): 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hello everyone, i recently started work in a ministry as an entry-level procurement officer. Do i need the CIPS or CIPSM qualification? should in go for masters instead? what course can i major in for graduate studies. thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Heshaw: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Please VictorVIC I'm also interested in the study pack.
Many thanks.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Heshaw:
Please VictorVIC I'm also interested in the study pack.
Many thanks.
Hi Heshaw..Kindly send me a pm
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by peterjero(m): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2016
CISMINFO:
Inventory Planning and Management
Supply chain management and logistics encompasses all the activities involved in getting products to consumers, including planning, storing, moving and accounting for inventory. Inventory availability is the most important aspect of customer service, and the cost of inventory is one of the most important entries on a company’s balance sheet.

Recognition of the balance sheet implications of inventory in supply chain management has launched a variety of industry-wide inventory reduction initiatives. Despite all these initiatives to reduce inventory in the supply chain, inventory levels for most companies have remained the same or increased. This course is focused on understanding how to efficiently provide the inventory necessary for good customer service while minimizing the inventory resulting from poor supply chain management.

Who Should Attend
Executives and managers responsible for supply chain and logistics, supply chain management professionals, supply chain engineers and analysts, inventory planners and analysts, manufacturing and process engineers, industrial engineers and systems analysts, production and warehouse supervisors and team leaders, supply chain and logistics consultants, purchasing managers, and transportation managers and engineers

How You Will Benefit
- Understand the use of inventory throughout the supply chain
- Develop inventory strategies to support business strategies
- Analyze tradeoffs between inventory costs and customer service levels
- Determine how to measure and improve inventory performance
- Understand and manage variability that impacts inventory
- Evaluate how to tradeoff transportation and inventory costs
- Determine how to optimize inventory levels to meet service requirements
- Understand the basics of inventory and forecasting technology

Lectures Days & Time:
The programme is on weekend (Sat. 10am – 5pm and Sunday 1noon – 5pm) only.

Course Materials
Participants receive a course notebook.

Course Prerequisite and Related Certificate Information
None

Course Fees
Course Fee: N110, 000

Method of Studies:
Through or via Classroom Lectures and Distance Leaning method.

Methods of Application and Payment:
You can down load Membership Application Form via the institute website www.supplychainedu.co.uk then payment could be made in Cash at the office of the institute or in bank draft only in favor of the institute completed application form should be send to the institute.

Installmental Payment:
The course fee can be paid on installments.

Fees Covers: Studying Materials/Handout, Lectures and Examination fee only.

Course/Subjects:
1. International Trade (Import and Export Mgt.
2. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
3. Stores and Inventory Control Management
4. Logistics and Distributions Management
5. Materials and Production Planning and Control
6. Contract and Project Management

Certification:
At the end of the programme, the institute will issued all successful Graduates an Associate Membership Certificate of the:
1. Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management,
2. Certified Institute of Warehousing and Materials Management, after payment of induction fee.
3. And a Professional Post Graduate Diploma in any of the following areas:

a. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
b. Purchasing and Supply Management
c. Warehousing and Materials Management

Course Duration: The course duration is 6 weekends only.

[b]Lectures Venue: COLLEGE OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT

ABUJA OFFICE
Suite D31, 3rd Floor, Dansiyal Plaza
Opp. NNPC Mega Filling Station,
Olusegun Obasanji Way, CBD. Abuja
08052205072, 08033542772, 08093284918

AKURE OFFICE
No. 102, Oyemekun Road, 3rd Floor Opp.
Oyemekun Grammer School, Akure
08034194314, 07081208861, 08053929951

PORT-HARCOURT OFFICE
C/O Dr. Onyegbula Innocent Ezeh,
Standard Alliance Life Assurance Ltd.
48, Old Aba Road (MBA plaza) Rumuobiakani
08033242745, 07033659823

WARRI / DELTA STATE
Macliban Consulting
No. 3, Effuru/Sapele Road, Enerhen Junction,
Warri, Delta State.
07036846518, 08026642673

LAGOS NIGERIA OFFICE
No. 57, Isheri Road, By County Hospital
Bus stop Ikeja Lagos
Tel: 07038554668, 08025486416, 08086086186
E-mail: cisminfo@yahoo.com, www.cism-ng.org

………….. Enhance your career; it pays to be a Chartered Supply Chain Management Professional.
Can one still do the professional PGD in the lecture locations
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by 9jasam: 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
victorVIC1:

Thanks for the materials sir...God bless!

@olaniranolaleye, @victorVIC1, I really appreciate your assistance. Many thanks for d materials, God Bless!
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
9jasam:

@olaniranolaleye, @victorVIC1, I really appreciate your assistance. Many thanks for d materials, God Bless!
You are welcome sir... Success.

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Loonyy(m): 6:54am On Jan 29, 2016
Hello sir, pls am interested in d study pack too, Clins213@gmailamcom thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Yvidson: 11:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Pls sir, am also interested in the package, yomi008@yahoo.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Wishing Everyone on this thread all the best in thier career pursuits in SCM, Logistics, Procurement and related job functions.

I pray the information you find and share on this thread will continually be of help to all who seek information. This was my very intention when I started this thread on 28th February 2006,and now it's going on 10 years strong - a big applause to all who made this thread a useful tool, resource and meeting point for expart professionals and budding professionals .

Cheers and God Bless

3 Likes

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by ademolaUSW: 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hi to everyone in this group. I was happy when I came across this group and to see that Folks at home are also interested in the field of logistics and supply chain management. While this field is few decades old...its advancement in Nigeria is still in its developmental stage.

I am currently undertaking a research degree in knowledge acquisition relating to supply chain management.

I will be so grateful if I can get volunteers (Supply Chain Managers) that I can possibly interview for my research.

I have contact CIPS Nigeria, but am still yet to get a feedback from them.

Below is my email anyone interested should please contact me.

addmore@hotmail.co.uk

God bless and thanks to wills for starting this thread.

Cheers.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Siberia101: 4:08am On Feb 12, 2016
Is there any University in Nigeria with Courses for Masters in Logistics and Supply management?

I'm thinking of going to an Asian country to study this due to lower financial cost than UK Universities.

I don't know if certificates from Asia are Valuable here in the Nigerian corporate sector.

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 14, 2016
I'm sure this career is an interesting one for anyone to pursue but I hardly see entry level procurement job advertisements. Pls is there any hope for a CIPS diploma holder without experience? I'll also appreciate if job openings can be posted on this thread too. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by domwas2(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Is there any sound logistics institute in Lagos?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by mickey45: 12:25am On Mar 17, 2016
Siberia101:
Is there any University in Nigeria with Courses for Masters in Logistics and Supply management?

I'm thinking of going to an Asian country to study this due to lower financial cost than UK Universities.

I don't know if certificates from Asia are Valuable here in the Nigerian corporate sector.

If you're looking at studying in Asia, then Hong-Kong OR Mainland China should be your best choice as the two countries currently control close to two-thirds of the world's maritime logistics, coupled with the fact that almost every country in the world trades with China
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by africanman85: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
Can the professional postgraduate diploma given by logistic institute be used to run masters degree ? somebody should respond pls.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by ojsimsim: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
hello All,

please is there any study center in lagos for CIPS.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by ojsimsim: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
hello All,

please is there any study center in lagos for CIPS. and has any one used Harley reed
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by mercyego: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
@victorVIC1 please am interested in the study materials. Thank you. mercyegbunah@ymail.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
mercyego:
@victorVIC1 please am interested in the study materials. Thank you. mercyegbunah@ymail.com
Hi Mercy.. I have responded to your PM already.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by rocketphysicist(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2016
Can someone please put me through on how to register, receive lectures and write exams.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by sherif4owo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
@victorVIC1

please provide me with the study material too.

@
sherif4owo@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by kokoeduno(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dear All,
Please somebody should suggest me study center for CIPS and also where and how I can get the study materials.
My contact: kokoeduno@yahoo.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by kokoeduno(m): 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dear All,
Can somebody enlighten me on the value of APICS CSCP certification in Nigerian Labor market.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by kokoeduno(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dear All,
What is the importance of APICS CSCP certification in Nigerian Labor market.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by sammyscholar(m): 8:16am On Mar 31, 2016
wills:
Wishing Everyone on this thread all the best in thier career pursuits in SCM, Logistics, Procurement and related job functions.

I pray the information you find and share on this thread will continually be of help to all who seek information. This was my very intention when I started this thread on 28th February 2006,and now it's going on 10 years strong - a big applause to all who made this thread a useful tool, resource and meeting point for expart professionals and budding professionals .

Cheers and God Bless
Hello sir,

My name is Olatayo Samuel. I'm HND2 student of Purchasing and Supply (better called Procurement and Supply Chain Management) in The Polytechnic, Ibadan. I came across this thread a couple of years ago, and I must say; the thread has been a tremendous help to me. The thread has given me a fore knowledge of what to expect when I eventually get into the field.

That said sir, I learnt while perusing through the thread that you are an alumnus of my school; The polytechnic Ibadan. I am so happy that I can find an alumnus in my school who has done wonderfully well as far as this profession is concerned.

Sir, as a-soon-to-be graduate with much book knowledge and with little or no practical knowledge on this profession, I would like you to advise me on the rightful step to take after my graduation. Succinctly put sir, I want you to be my mentor.

08134407874 is my mobile phone number and Olatayo.samuel@yahoo.com is my e-mail address

I have sent you a PM already sir.

I shall be waiting to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by airsaylongcon: 8:27am On Mar 31, 2016
sammyscholar:
Hello sir,

My name is Olatayo Samuel. I'm HND2 student of Purchasing and Supply (better called Procurement and Supply Chain Management) in The Polytechnic, Ibadan. I came across this thread a couple of years ago, and I must say; the thread has been a tremendous help to me. The thread has given me a fore knowledge of what to expect when I eventually get into the field.

That said sir, I learnt while perusing through the thread that you are an alumnus of my school; The polytechnic Ibadan. I am so happy that I can find an alumnus in my school who has done wonderfully well as far as this profession is concerned.

Sir, as a-soon-to-be graduate with much book knowledge and with little or no practical knowledge on this profession, I would like you to advise me on the rightful step to take after my graduation. Succinctly put sir, I want you to be my mentor.

08134407874 is my mobile phone number and Olatayo.samuel@yahoo.com is my e-mail address

I have sent you a PM already sir.

I shall be waiting to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Get ur hands dirty bro. Look for a warehouse or a manufacturing company and get dirty. There's a shortage of SAN professionals and while your first degree might open doors, u r in competition with guys from numerate disciplines predominantly engineering. So just get dirty and get experience
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by sammyscholar(m): 9:19am On Mar 31, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Get ur hands dirty bro. Look for a warehouse or a manufacturing company and get dirty. There's a shortage of SAN professionals and while your first degree might open doors, u r in competition with guys from numerate disciplines predominantly engineering. So just get dirty and get experience
Thanks for your response. I actually planned to get my hands dirty. I have planned to do an internship before going for NYSC. You have a company you can refer me to? I'm awaiting your response sir.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Loonyy(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2016
@VictorVIC1 pls am also interested in the study pack clins213@gmail.com thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers / Nigerian Police Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.