Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Logistics Or Supply Chain Management - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management (152653 Views)

Poll: What modes of training would you prefer for CIPS or CILT AND APICS or ISM professional programs?

Self study: 20% (2 votes)
Class room based lecture: 20% (2 votes)
Supported learning ( CD,Study Note/Guide): 50% (5 votes)
Lecture/assisted revisions (close to exams): 10% (1 vote)
Online/webinars lectures: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

j / Supply Chain Management OR Project Management / Logistics And Supply Chain Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gabbidonb(m): 2:01am On May 12, 2016
I am interested in the study material please send at alphabah2008@gmail.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Twostep: 12:36pm On May 12, 2016
Good day house! I have a Bsc in Transport and Logistics Managmement; 2nd class (upper division) from Redeemers university. Graduated in 2014 and done with Nysc.
However, gettn a good job to practice in the field has been a really tough one, i am delighted to have stumbled on this thread filled with proffesionals in the field.
Please any1 with a graduate trainee opportunity at thier firm shld be help a brother, i rili want to practise in this field thats why i havnt settled for jobs outside the field so far!
I look forward to getting positive responses!
Cheers!!

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 8:03pm On May 16, 2016
Loonyy:
@VictorVIC1 pls am also interested in the study pack clins213@gmail.com thanks in anticipation

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 24, 2016
peterjero:

Can one still do the professional PGD in the lecture locations

i would still prefer CIPS under British council

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/professional-university/professional/cips
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 26, 2016
Guys today is the last day of payment for student membership CIPS, I just left the British council not long ago .....cheers
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 12:41am On Jun 20, 2016
Good day everyone...hope you all had a beautiful weekend? I want to wish those writing CIPS exams soon the very best. Here are some tips to passing the exams:
1. Make sure all the topics are covered, this can be achieved by reading one topic per day. You can also take pictures of pages you wish to read during the day and just go through it in places where you don't want to bring out the book like in traffic.
2. Try not to read the past questions until you are through or almost through with reading, this might make you think you've not read well and lower your morale. It can also make you want to concentrate on topics you feel come out more thus making you concentrate less on other topics.
3. Revise with past questions, this will make you familiar with their style of questions and how they should be answered. Also, some questions may be repeated.
4. Attempt every questions in the exam even if you are not sure of the answers. You might just be lucky to get few marks or even get them right.

This was how I prepared for my diploma exams last November and I passed all 5 exams at once. I hope this works for you. All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
gracebeing:
Good day everyone...hope you all had a beautiful weekend? I want to wish those writing CIPS exams soon the very best. Here are some tips to passing the exams:
1. Make sure all the topics are covered, this can be achieved by reading one topic per day. You can also take pictures of pages you wish to read during the day and just go through it in places where you don't want to bring out the book like in traffic.
2. Try not to read the past questions until you are through or almost through with reading, this might make you think you've not read well and lower your morale. It can also make you want to concentrate on topics you feel come out more thus making you concentrate less on other topics.
3. Revise with past questions, this will make you familiar with their style of questions and how they should be answered. Also, some questions may be repeated.
4. Attempt every questions in the exam even if you are not sure of the answers. You might just be lucky to get few marks or even get them right.

This was how I prepared for my diploma exams last November and I passed all 5 exams at once. I hope this works for you. All the best!

Nice one....How I wish my job was flexible enough to allow me adopt your no. 1strategy as It's not easy doing night reading.

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
victorVIC1:

Nice one....How I wish my job was flexible enough to allow me adopt your no. 1strategy as It's not easy doing night reading.

You can also try covering 4 topics in a week ( one on Saturday and one on Sunday, then spread out the remaining 2 during the week).

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
shakol91:
Good to know that I have someone that share the same view with me about this thread....Please help me with your advice,I'm currently serving and will be done by next year April. I planned to search for work in any firm SCM department and develop a new career path in SCM,though I studied Accounting Education.... My fear is,can any firm employ a fresh graduate without a prior knowledge of SCM or work experience and allow him to build a career within a period of time (maybe through certification). Please I need your urgent reply as to know if it's possible and how to go about it,any other idea is highly welcome. Cc: wills, abinibi, okeyz, fescope, yemmyma and others

Someone should please reply this post.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by shakol91(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
gracebeing:

I wasn't replied cry Pls if you eventually get any substantial reply, quote me
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2016

I have registered and I have been given my ID what next?? CIPS

thanks for sharing what level did you start from?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pittbaby:
Just completed my Six Sigma Green belt Certification and i'm currently working on my CPSM ( CIPS_UK). Someone mentioned that to be of any good in Nigeria I need a SAP cert, My company uses both MFG Pro and Oracle so it will be of no value in my current role. I seriously doubt the value of a cert with no actual hands on experience . Any suggestions?

wow please where did you get your sigma six certification
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
JAkpayen:
@ abinibi

I just got my registration ID and login from CIPS, where can I go for study? Tuition centre or materials for self-study in Nigeria?

Thanks

Same problem i have
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Jetspeed: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
authe911:

Same problem i have

Self study or Tuition if you can afford it.

I use the former and iam expecting my final result in the May 2016 diet
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by nasonaso: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
wills:
Wishing Everyone on this thread all the best in thier career pursuits in SCM, Logistics, Procurement and related job functions.

I pray the information you find and share on this thread will continually be of help to all who seek information. This was my very intention when I started this thread on 28th February 2006,and now it's going on 10 years strong - a big applause to all who made this thread a useful tool, resource and meeting point for expart professionals and budding professionals .

Cheers and God Bless

Thank u sir
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Psalhadeen: 9:18am On Jul 27, 2016
Biliamin:
I have been following this thread for long. I want to really appreciate Wills and other nairalanders for taken their time to keep people informed.

I have HND in Bus Admin and am currently working in one of the indigenous companies in Lagos as a purchasing officer. I have been thinking of which prof. exam to take first after my graduation and I came across this very one. After much consultations I got the address of CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF PURCHASING AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIA and I obtained the registration form.

My worry is this:

I planned 70k for reg and first stage payment. I want to know if i should start with this CIPMN or CIPS.

Kindly advice me as lecture commences this saturday.

Thanks so much in advance
Pls I need d Lagos office address of CIPMN
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by nabob1(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Please am in need of the study materials to add to my study ... Thnks smiley.. Heres my email..collinsnabob2@gmail.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Eberex(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2016
nabob1:
Please am in need of the study materials to add to my study ... Thnks smiley.. Heres my email..collinsnabob2@gmail.com

same here. abwuz2000@gmail.com
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by victorVIC1(m): 5:34am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Opaqule001(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hello, can any person please guide me, on how to get study materials.
Thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by wills(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
Opaqule001:
Hello, can any person please guide me, on how to get study materials.
Thanks

Need CIPS study guide or tutuorship /revision for CIPS exams call this number - 08033652972
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by t4thayour: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
Depending on your pocket and time availability, I think you can attempt the exams through the self study route and still do well. You only need to create out time to read...

Meanwhile, i have official CIPS course books available for sale at give-away price.
Only level 4 materials are available.
Below are the courses in the pack

1) Context of procurement and supply (About 239 pages)

2) Business needs in procurement and supply (about 195 pages)

3) Sourcing in procurement and supply (about 210 pages)

4) Negotiating and contracting in procurement and supply (About 220 pages)

5) Managing contracts and relationships in procurement and supply (about 215 pages)

If you are interested, pm me or call: 07
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by t4thayour: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
gracebeing:

I think it's very possible with prayers. I read biochemistry and got my first job in logistics.
However, be willing to start from the bottom and work your way up the ladder. Many fresh graduate logistics and procurement jobs being advertised on local job sites.
You however need to read and develop yourself in that field. In my young career days, I had read many free Scm and Ops courses just to improve myself and they all added to my success during the exams. Truth is, you would come across unfamiliar terms and you don't want to start getting used to them during your exams or job interview.
I learnt for free on supplychainmanagement.in
nextlevelpurchasing.com
coursera.com (introduction to operations management course) etc.
Also Google some free courses.
Good enough, you have an accounting background, so adapting should be a bit easy for you.
Good luck!
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Opaqule001(m): 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
wills:

Thank you
Need CIPS study guide or tutuorship /revision for CIPS exams call this number - 08033652972
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
t4thayour:

I think it's very possible with prayers. I read biochemistry and got my first job in logistics.
However, be willing to start from the bottom and work your way up the ladder. Many fresh graduate logistics and procurement jobs being advertised on local job sites.
You however need to read and develop yourself in that field. In my young career days, I had read many free Scm and Ops courses just to improve myself and they all added to my success during the exams. Truth is, you would come across unfamiliar terms and you don't want to start getting used to them during your exams or job interview.
I learnt for free on supplychainmanagement.in
nextlevelpurchasing.com
coursera.com (introduction to operations management course) etc.
Also Google some free courses.
Good enough, you have an accounting background, so adapting should be a bit easy for you.
Good luck!
Thank you for the response. I have an engineering background in my case and CIPS diploma. I'll keep searching for graduate procurement jobs and hopefully get one soon.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by popemicky: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
@victorVIC1 pls hlp me to sent the study pack to popemicky@yahoo.com pls.thnks.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by numbersalone: 6:22am On Oct 18, 2016
Please @wills..kindly assist me with CIPS study packs or other e-books or books that I can read for study in preparation for CIPS

wills:
Hello again @shaddie, sorry it took a while for me to respond, it’s the pressure @, my place of work. I am most humbled by your comments I must say, the truth is that, just like you I am a budding SCM professional, I know I still have a long way to go from where am standing today, to where am hoping to be in the profession in the near future.
So don’t feel like you’re an alien. Like I side, its step by step process, SCM, Logistics, and procurement is a very broad field so don’t think you will know all at once.

I feel as a student member of CIPS or ISM, studying towards the MCIPS and CPM qualifications respectively you will learn a lot, and acquire some of the knowledge on the role ICT plays in the business, but as for working or hands on experience with any SCM / Inventory mgt software that’s a different ball game. I don’t think you can read that up anywhere, you just have to be trained to use them.

Send me your email, so I can add u to my messenger, then we can have a chat sometime.
@hello, you too can do same, I think as a graduate in education , u can pursue a career in procurement and SCM, but be sure that’s what you really want to do

@ Ladapo, it will be great if you can share some of your research work on this tread, it will be helping more people , than you can imagain.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by daramolanas1(m): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2016
[quote author=gracebeing post=46734921]Good day everyone...hope you all had a beautiful weekend? I want to wish those writing CIPS exams soon the very best. Here are some tips to passing the exams:

Just sent u a pm please reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by archdon: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2016
Hello All, Please does any university offer procurement or SCM masters in Nigeria Can anyone recommend a coaching center for CIPS in Abuja for me
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by saintkeppy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
gracebeing:

Just attend the certification first then apply for the job. I have knowledge about SCM. We can talk later
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=daramolanas1 post=50573975][/quote

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers / Nigerian Police Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.