Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad (36706 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Ekugbeh(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2022
I always say this, Nigerians are the best race you can ever find in earth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Teeroyzimma: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by julaion: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2022
Nigerians are hard working people

2 Likes

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by macrodata(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2022
azpekuliar:
We know he is talking about Southern Nigerians but we are not ready to have that conversation yet. wink
We developers precisely grin

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by owagbeba: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2022
You forgot to mention the same characteristics - boldness and assertiveness, do get them into a lot of trouble overseas.

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Ekugbeh(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2022
ahnie:
Beautiful well written zuzu piece.
I m proud to be an isoko Nigerian.
I'm based in Ugh you?
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Kk4(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2022
Real talk.
Working with Ghanaians overseas, I can confirm that they can be lazy and timid. They are not reliable at all.

Nigerians we have our own shortfalls but when it comes to hustle, leave am for us.

13 Likes

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by pedrilo: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2022
We no send, we move regardless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by ahnie: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2022
Ekugbeh:
I'm based in Ugh you?
U .S.A
United state of asaba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by DDfruitful: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2022
Great
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Tboymessiah(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2022
Na only Biafra ppu be thief and murderer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by faceLAGOS: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2022
I’d choose a Nigerian over a ghanian a million times.

They have this attitude of trying to look down or envy someone that is better than them.

Naija no send you.

4 Likes

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by dat9jaguy(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2022
We are Nigerians. Our craziness dey useful to the world.
No time to check time.

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by ahnie: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2022
nlfpmod n lalasticlala pls kindly take my topic in family session to front page.
Thanks sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by ssogundele(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2022
But the media paint Nigerian as monster. Outsider singing our praise
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by SeriouslySense(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2022
Must have met a Nigerian with common sense, most are not like that.

Human beings in general are unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Starzo: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2022
Ghanaians have deep natural hatred for nigerians

It stems from the infamous 'ghana must go' saga

Even in with all these, them still dey low-key gbadun us

Their girls like nigerian guys die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Pclemenza: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Starzo: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Must have met, a Nigerian with common sense, most are not like that.
Unfortunately, no ghanaian has common sense
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Solofresh2: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2022
Nigerians are money minded people who loves to take advantage of coincident situations grin

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by chudez0147(m): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2022
DamnNigga
Well said..
merry Christmas Charlie!
VGlobal:
WORKING & LIVING WITH NIGERIANS ABROAD

Being a Ghanaian, I’ve had this bad impression about Nigerians. I grew up in Ghana thinking Nigerians were negative energies around anyone. I was literally brainwashed mostly by the media to see Nigerians as thieves, murderers, scammers, etc. But after 6 years of working and associating with Nigerians outside of Ghana, the following are what I’ve found and discovered about them. I’m writing this not because my best friend back in the UK is a Nigerian, and not because my senior manager and team lead at my present employer are Nigerians. This is my honest observation!

Arguably, if you put the average Ghanaian and a Nigerian under the same conditions and environment, the Nigerian would undoubtedly outperform the Ghanaian. They are bold, smart and have this relentless quest and effort for learning and perfecting their craft. What a Nigerian cannot do does not exist. I started a DevOps Engineering program for a career alternative and Nigerians especially their women from different career fields constitute about 60% of the class. I was scared to take this step—to move from risk management to pure IT but I was shocked to see Nigerians in nursing, HR, journalism, sales, etc here in Canada taking on the challenge. I quickly reached out to most of my Ghanaian friends but none seem to be interested. This is a fortune field in IT….and when I asked these Nigerians why many of them are here, they told me “this is the surest way to make money by doing less”. Truth is, if you’re starting anything abroad and there’s no Nigerian in it, just know that that thing has no promise ��. A Nigerian wouldn’t attempt what doesn’t bring any monetary gain or value to them!

I’ve noticed that a Nigerian wouldn’t lie to you unless they’re scared of you or stand to gain something exceedingly beneficial from doing so. This confirms why the most genuine and honest folks I’ve ever associated with outside of Ghana are Nigerians. When a Nigerian is sharing an opportunity with you, they disclose everything dito-dito. They withhold nothing—they tell you as it is. My people would give you a half information and still be all over the place saying that they’ve helped you. You have no idea how many Ghanaians have made themselves demi-gods out here because they’ve been here for ages and feel everything must be ran through them. If you don’t go their way, you’re a target for gossip!

A Nigerian sees an opportunity in every situation, and it cuts across. They’re mostly interested in building a sustainable business than for a quick profit. This explains why wherever there are both Ghanaian and Nigerian traders, the Nigerian merchandise would cost less than the Ghanaian—even if they have the same suppliers. I see that here in Calgary at the various African markets.

Show me any work environment or office without a Nigerian and I’ll show you a work that’s less fulfilling and rewarding. The energy around Nigerians is positive and motivating. Nothing scares them than failure so they work hard for success because success is greatly celebrated in their culture. Where I come from, if you’re making any progress, there’s 100% chance you’ll lose 99% of your friends—they’ll spread lies about you out of dislike. Some would also attribute your progress to things other than your personal efforts. “You see that girl, she’s being chopped by so so and so person. You see that guy, he’s an occult. You see that guy, he’s rushing in life. Etc”. Your own family would turn themselves into avowed enemies—praying to see you fail so that they’ll use you as a bad example like “you see that guy, he was rushing in life but see how he’s crushed like a fragile glass.” My people have a long way to go. They must know that it’s okay for anyone irrespective of age to be great at what they do. In fact, people can build a fortune at age 40 or less through genuine means. Let’s inhale some positivity!

We glorify timidity, ignorance and sycophancy as signs of humility but Nigerians encourage boldness, assertiveness and being daring. If there’s a Nigerian in your trade or profession, get closer, you’ll learn a lot from them. I’ve learned a lot from my association with them and I’m always grateful for having one as my direct supervisor at work!

~The End~
By Jay Kwashie

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by culf: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2022
This guy is right tho, a typical ordinary Nigerian is very good and hard working

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Solofresh2: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2022
sukkot:
grin charle tell us how the nigerian would blow out the whole office during lunch time with smell of abula and iru and shaki
The guy never too sabi Nigerians finish sha grin
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by KanuSE: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2022
ahnie:
Beautiful well written zuzu piece.
I m proud to be a isoko Nigerian.

Fixed
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Britishpea: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2022
Well we are our enemies in Nigeria. Fact is that you can’t be a failure without you accepting that you are. So also, no country in the world can libel you if you don’t accept it.

No one can call you an alias you don’t approve. We churn out bad reports about ourselves. We give ourselves bad names and sellout ourselves to the rest of the world.

Religion leaders are not left out. They heat the polity and try to dominate their followers by denigrating the country painting it badly to them.

No one will deride you if you don’t want to be. Meanwhile there a lot of things people who say bad things about Nigeria don’t know.

We hold the federal govt responsible for everything forgetting that government is three tiers. When you say Total debt of Nigeria is a certain amount it means that the debt is for local, state and federal government- all of them owe.
Many Nigerians don’t even know there are trunk A,B and C roads.

A lot of them who blame federal government for bad health care system don’t even know that out of all the hospitals in Nigeria, only federal medical centers and federal teaching hospitals belong to the federal government. All the general hospitals are for state etc. but we churn out bad news everyday degrading ourselves.

Nigerians are smart people. We let the outside world to tag us as scammers whereas Indians, Pakistans, Philippines etc are bad scammers in the dark web. The list is on and on.

We are our enemies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by dannex4adx(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2022
Kilarel:
Vzvvdvd

I don't believe that you are a hacker until you hack Nairaland or CBN. Don't come and be advertising hacking here when you don't know anything about it.

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2022
Who knows, as a non-nigerian maybe u were surfing through the net, probably u came across this web page via a web search or something else, and u breeze through the thread pages, I don't know what u might have heard about Nigerians but one thing I know for sure is that there is a nigerian living next to you in respect to any place u are living in any part of the world, if peradverture, u searched just to prove me wrong and u couldn't find one, just have it at the back of ur mind that such an environment is not habitable...

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by NuCypher: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2022
In trying to correct bad stereotypes, you still developed new stereotypes. That's just horrible.
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by deavicky(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2022
VGlobal:

Being a Ghanaian, I’ve had this bad impression about Nigerians. I grew up in Ghana thinking Nigerians were negative energies around anyone. I was literally brainwashed mostly by the media to see Nigerians as thieves, murderers, scammers, etc. But after 6 years of working and associating with Nigerians outside of Ghana, the following are what I’ve found and discovered about them. I’m writing this not because my best friend back in the UK is a Nigerian, and not because my senior manager and team lead at my present employer are Nigerians. This is my honest observation!

Arguably, if you put the average Ghanaian and a Nigerian under the same conditions and environment, the Nigerian would undoubtedly outperform the Ghanaian. They are bold, smart and have this relentless quest and effort for learning and perfecting their craft. What a Nigerian cannot do does not exist. I started a DevOps Engineering program for a career alternative and Nigerians especially their women from different career fields constitute about 60% of the class. I was scared to take this step—to move from risk management to pure IT but I was shocked to see Nigerians in nursing, HR, journalism, sales, etc here in Canada taking on the challenge. I quickly reached out to most of my Ghanaian friends but none seem to be interested. This is a fortune field in IT….and when I asked these Nigerians why many of them are here, they told me “this is the surest way to make money by doing less”. Truth is, if you’re starting anything abroad and there’s no Nigerian in it, just know that that thing has no promise ��. A Nigerian wouldn’t attempt what doesn’t bring any monetary gain or value to them!

I’ve noticed that a Nigerian wouldn’t lie to you unless they’re scared of you or stand to gain something exceedingly beneficial from doing so. This confirms why the most genuine and honest folks I’ve ever associated with outside of Ghana are Nigerians. When a Nigerian is sharing an opportunity with you, they disclose everything dito-dito. They withhold nothing—they tell you as it is. My people would give you a half information and still be all over the place saying that they’ve helped you. You have no idea how many Ghanaians have made themselves demi-gods out here because they’ve been here for ages and feel everything must be ran through them. If you don’t go their way, you’re a target for gossip!

A Nigerian sees an opportunity in every situation, and it cuts across. They’re mostly interested in building a sustainable business than for a quick profit. This explains why wherever there are both Ghanaian and Nigerian traders, the Nigerian merchandise would cost less than the Ghanaian—even if they have the same suppliers. I see that here in Calgary at the various African markets.

Show me any work environment or office without a Nigerian and I’ll show you a work that’s less fulfilling and rewarding. The energy around Nigerians is positive and motivating. Nothing scares them than failure so they work hard for success because success is greatly celebrated in their culture. Where I come from, if you’re making any progress, there’s 100% chance you’ll lose 99% of your friends—they’ll spread lies about you out of dislike. Some would also attribute your progress to things other than your personal efforts. “You see that girl, she’s being chopped by so so and so person. You see that guy, he’s an occult. You see that guy, he’s rushing in life. Etc”. Your own family would turn themselves into avowed enemies—praying to see you fail so that they’ll use you as a bad example like “you see that guy, he was rushing in life but see how he’s crushed like a fragile glass.” My people have a long way to go. They must know that it’s okay for anyone irrespective of age to be great at what they do. In fact, people can build a fortune at age 40 or less through genuine means. Let’s inhale some positivity!

We glorify timidity, ignorance and sycophancy as signs of humility but Nigerians encourage boldness, assertiveness and being daring. If there’s a Nigerian in your trade or profession, get closer, you’ll learn a lot from them. I’ve learned a lot from my association with them and I’m always grateful for having one as my direct supervisor at work!

~The End~
By Jay Kwashie

release this secret and experience to your people let them understand the stands of a Nigerian.
Re: A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad by Xkale1996(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2022
VGlobal:

~The End~
By Jay Kwashie

fact bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Amputee Visits Olumo Rock For The First Time & Is Excited. Photos / Train Crushes Truck, Tricycle In Kano. Many Feared Dead / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.