Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (32764 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by KosiGee(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.
Imagine no one wants to talk to you because you are black.

Many of the men here think if they go there they will make friends easily. That's a lie

Let's practice...

We are gonna use Man A and a White lady as an example.

He is walking toward a while lady to start a conversation with her.

White lady: Who is this person gravitating towards me?

Man A: Hi, how're you doing?

White lady: Are you sure you are okay? Should I call the authorities on you?

Man A:. He says to himself, shaiii, I think say na so e go easy oooo...

You are worried about racism...ok...but you are worried about getting accommodation or buying a house in a predominantly white neighbourhood, you are not concerned about working with or being a senior staff in a place where most of the local workforce hate immigrants, you are not worried about not making friends at the local pub, park, mall or library !!!

You are only concerned with a white woman calling the cops on you when you want to ‘gravitate’ towards her?

Your problem is huuuuuuge.

15 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by SuperOnyi: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2022
shocked

Being away from my family (especially my mother) - I can't imagine her, staying alone with my "handicapped" big bro. I wish I could take her, everywhere with me, I feel so sad that I've not seen her for years.

I also fear for Africa, a blessed land with evil people, what happens if people like us that are supposed to make a difference, leave?

Thinking about this, makes me depressed.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by MrBroke(m): 10:14am On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing really but I love my naija

7 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by gregyboy(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2022
Doyou2019:

But Nigerian culture has gone south too. Look at ill-trained kids all over the place and their chicken-head parents who should have no business raising kids in the first place.

Our culture is gone too, bro, so find another excuse grin

Anyway, make I shaperly answer for our resident urchins sha : It's the fear of losing their agberoism, laziness and penchant to gleefully support evil in a world that won't tolerate it. grin grin

Yes they have and mostly from the western influence

No matter how South Nigeria has gone it would never be way south like the westerners

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Lamanii22(f): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2022
Serial killers, psychos… lgbtq, binary nonsense

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Doyou2019: 10:28am On Dec 28, 2022
gregyboy:

Yes they have and mostly from the western influence

No matter how South Nigeria has gone it would never be way south like the westerners

All good man.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Verifiedtrader(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmm.
Don’t you dare outrule racism!
Get your T-Mobile esim from me.

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by baptistefayl: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2022
https://www.soulread-psychics.com/
SoulRead
Best Psychic Readings Service
A psychic reading is a specific attempt to discern information through the use of heightened perceptive abilities
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Donmobi(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2022
MackIV:

I'm doing great in Nigeria, on a bad day I could earn upto 100k daily. The fear of starting afresh, earning minimum wage for a long time b4 I start making it scares the sh*t out of me.

Please if you can put me out of my misery

2- The fear of my unborn children losing their culture and heritage.

PS: please don't ask what I do
Chairman no do like dis nau
Share update na

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by shegzhkn: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Learner247:
- Starting all over
- Racism. How free can I ever be in a place that is not mine or at best where can only become mine based on a few pieces of paper they give to me. Anytime things don't go the way the indigenes want it, they tag me Nigerian born.....
- Cold
- Fear of not being able to be hard on my children when I am supposed to be. I mean, the concept of "no right or wrong" doesn't cut it for me.

Are you an American??
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Elidrisy20: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Snow

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Camberlo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Take long time without get chance to come back to Nigeria
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by geezynoni: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.

Many of the men here think if they go there they will make friends easily. That's a lie

Let's practice...

Emi certified loner, who gives a Bleep if no one wants to talk to me.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by SocialJustice: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing, my friends fear I might never return to Nigeria if I leave.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by determination26(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
I might never return...lol

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by geezynoni: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Olasyke:
Gun violence.
Make person no dey grocery store for night,.make person no come dey do shoot on sight.
Everybody wey I know wey dey US in particular, where gun violence dey rampant, none of them have been shot ,let alone, killed.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.

Let's practice...

Oga you didnt go there to make friends, when you work hard and become successful, friends will be the least of your problems

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Lukgaf(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Family
Family
Family

6 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by saintkel(m): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nairalander248:

We can marry and we are good to go
r u a lady?
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Lukgaf(m): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.

Let's practice...

Lol

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by GboyegaD(m): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by SeaTrade(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Starting all over.
Man Don tire for missionary journeys and too old to be hunting for headway all over again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by KingAzubuike(f): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing dey that abroad.. it's easier to enjoy your hard earned money in nigeria than any fucking abroad. Even if you wanna travel.. let it be for leisure and not relocation.

23 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Heart3030: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Deportation

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
The gay thing,

I don't want my kids to become gay or change their gender, or queer, or refer to themselves as non binary, why will i be having a conversation with my son and I'll refer to him as they them? It's abnormal.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
grandstar:
Settling in to a new culture and way of life.

For instance, in Nigeria, a man is responsible for most of the bills in the house. In Europe, both couple share bills. The man is also expected to assist in house work but may be cut some slack. Men will always be men. Some men are even househusbands.

Cost of accommodation is another worry. The best way to reduce this is not to stay in major cities. For instance, in England, no just near London. Rather go to some other cities. Even in Birmingham which is the second largest city in England, rents can be half as much as that of London.

In America, keep away from states like California which is expensive. Rather target Texas where accommodation is much cheaper

which Texas? it is cheaper than cali but not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. If you want cheap rent, go to them bible belt state, them dust bowls have cheap country homes

5 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by leisuretym: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
my only fear is if I impregnated Obama daughters now, they will arrest me.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by SamoraWarrior: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
Freedom of movement, 90% if the citizens get gun.
You do mistake go match person Dem fit gun you down.

11 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Thastie(f): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
The only regret you'll have moving abroad is not doing it earlier. But then I won't advise anyone to sell valuable things to move here

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Aduke23(f): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Can't for now or maybe the fact that I will miss my family

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by BOLATINUBU01: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
OboOlora:
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass
u try grin
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by addexx: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
MackIV:

I'm doing great in Nigeria, on a bad day I could earn upto 100k daily. The fear of starting afresh, earning minimum wage for a long time b4 I start making it scares the sh*t out of me.

Please if you can put me out of my misery

2- The fear of my unborn children losing their culture and heritage.

PS: please don't ask what I do

What do you do? tongue

Seriously though. You made a valid point. Nigeria is a good place to enjoy quality life for less. That is something I can't trade for any green card. People still survive on less than a dollar a day. You are a baller if you earn just $1k in a month here.
No tax, no billing.
I hope to hit your daily figure soon though

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Lady Came Out Alive From This Ghastly Accident While Traveling For Easter.PICS / Is It Advisable To Settle In The United Kingdom After Studies / Breathtaking Pictures Of Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.