Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (32758 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
Starboytwo:
Cold
Loneliness
Tax
Food
Culture
Racism
Gun violence
Hood Gangsters
Drug violence
Flat yansh
Children’s lack of respect
LGBTQ and her likes
Stupid old white women that won’t mind their business and call police on me.
Police brutality.
Discrimination.
People asking me where I come from
People trying to touch my hair(are you ok)
Laborer or manual labour(sorry I’m a king in the jungle and will remain so)
Can’t find a buka to eat bread and beans.
Can’t play football on the streets.
Can’t connect Nepa light illegally in the night and remove it in the morning before Nepa people come.
Gay people in the prison fuc.king ur anus.

Flat yansh, Gay people in prison fuccking your anus!! Hahahahaha!!! grin

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
SamoraWarrior:
Freedom of movement, 90% if the citizens get gun.
You do mistake go match person Dem fit gun you down.

grin
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
SamoraWarrior:
Freedom of movement, 90% if the citizens get gun.
You do mistake go match person Dem fit gun you down.

grin as in ehn, enough psychophants there
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
LILTJAY:
toto hard to get cool

As in, toto olora
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by sync(f): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Settling down
Bills
Loneliness

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by kay29000(m): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
OboOlora:
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass

LMAO grin grin
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by 9japarrot: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
You are suffering from sinus. Try visit ENT doctor for diagnosis.

Pimine:

The main thing for me na cold, bro. Even for naija here, for close to 3 years now, one of my nostrils dey always dey blocked. I don go hospital, take drugs, buy nasal spray e no work. And the symptoms are exacerbated when I feel cold. Can't imagine being in a cold country with these symptoms, honestly.

Let me add this:
I work out. So whenever I do anything that gets my heart racing - it could be as little as 50 pushups, my nostrils immediately get unblocked and I can breathe perfectly.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by kay29000(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Buskynwa:
Racism!
At that point in time you'll feel what an average Hausa aboki feels when he comes to the city side.

Cold ke? There are warmers that are run on gas available almost everywhere but racism? Its a creepy thing, not many people get over it

Mehn! The bolded got me thinking.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
somehow:
The fear of becoming an 8th class in a strange culture/society/environment.

You must get a lot of mentions because of your username.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Desusi: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.
Imagine no one wants to talk to you because you are black.

Many of the men here think if they go there they will make friends easily. That's a lie

Let's practice...

We are gonna use Man A and a White lady as an example.

He is walking toward a while lady to start a conversation with her.

White lady: Who is this person gravitating towards me?

Man A: Hi, how're you doing?

White lady: Are you sure you are okay? Should I call the authorities on you?

Man A:. He says to himself, shaiii, I think say na so e go easy oooo...
The reason for their been scared about black peoples is because of lots of stories they have heard about them.If there's any races the white would have love the most it should be blacks but.........l reserve my comments. I
will narrate two stories for you here.ln Duren, bus stop terminus, Germany. I was stranded looking for bus to my village in kalterherherg.The last bus has gone for the day.l requested from several commuters, "excuse me pls" All l heard was "no"Until a particular one stop to help me and put me through.l asked why others would not give me audience. He said black peoples live in hot environment all their lives and so its possible their brain may be heated up.An attempt to help them may lead to them bitten you.Some even believe we are crazy people. I now asked him why do you stop to help me.? He said l love blacks,l have lived with them before. That's why. In another scene, l was alone in my house where l reside in Deutscheland,a lady walk to me, asking for somebody, l didn't know. Instead of her to go,he started looking at my face. I asked what's the matter? She said,Did l mine if she could kiss me?I was shocked. Looking at the angelic beings wooing me,l obliged. But, before then,l told her lam a married man.She hurriedly kissed me.Still looking at me.l told her,lam afraid my wife will make trouble with you.she left immediately.

6 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by viodemus: 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
I pity who no get immediate plan or plan for long term skills and success. Na 19 or drug or robbery or begging for you.

Also don't underrate your host country in anything including food or street sense. You go surprise.

To any hopeful, focus, be discipline, and be ready to learn.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by somehow: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
pedel:
That's what I thought.
You seem to know how things should work in developed countries, but I don't think you have any practical experience of living abroad.

Smiles

Point out the things that aren't practical in what I wrote, let's start from there.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by 9japarrot: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
You are suffering from sinus. Visit an ENT doctor for diagnosis..

Pimine:

The main thing for me na cold, bro. Even for naija here, for close to 3 years now, one of my nostrils dey always dey blocked. I don go hospital, take drugs, buy nasal spray e no work. And the symptoms are exacerbated when I feel cold. Can't imagine being in a cold country with these symptoms, honestly.

Let me add this:
I work out. So whenever I do anything that gets my heart racing - it could be as little as 50 pushups, my nostrils immediately get unblocked and I can breathe perfectly.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by newcommer: 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
somehow:

How's this relevant?

it's relevant because you cannot talk down a place and still sit tight in the same country!

You need to put your money where your mouth is by coming back home. Hypocrite
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by somehow: 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
newcommer:

it's relevant because you cannot talk down a place and still sit tight in the same country!

You need to put your money where your mouth is by coming back home. Hypocrite

So saying the truth means talking down on a thing?

Seems truth is not something you want around.

All of you that talk down on Nigeria and still live there, why haven't you moved to Chad, Niger or even Togo?

Whether I live here, there or anywhere won't change the fact of the matter.

You obviously do not know the meaning of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by TheGift: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.

Many of the men here think if they go there they will make friends easily. That's a lie

Let's practice...

I was just talking with someone about how hard it is to date in some countries because of stringent sexual harassment laws , compounded by confusing sex (I.e. gender identity issues. )
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by E2000: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
Getting deported scares me to my bone.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Pimine: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
9japarrot:
You are suffering from sinus. Try visit ENT doctor for diagnosis.

Thank you, bruh. You know if it's successfully treatable?
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by gbemishile: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
In an environment where my soap no go fit to fall down
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by bibiking7(m): 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2022

cheesy cheesy. Funny thing is the racism is not that bad for men. Most white women are somewhat attracted to dark skinned men. My problem is the naija way of life. The freedom.

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by millionboi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Nothing dey that abroad.. it's easier to enjoy your hard earned money in nigeria than any fucking abroad. Even if you wanna travel.. let it be for leisure and not relocation.
you are 100%right
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Bethanybethel(f): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Before moving to the UK i was worrying about racism but I met some lovely people in my neighbourhood and at work. I like to hang around with oyibo more than Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by 9japarrot: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
I'm not too sure though

Pimine:

Thank you, bruh. You know if it's successfully treatable?
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.

Let's practice...

What of Russia?
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
Brownshoe:
Fufu will no longer surplus and cheap as it is here.

Not sure if it will be available self.
Hahahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Pimine: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
9japarrot:
I'm not too sure though

Hmm. Okay.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
somehow:
The fear of becoming an 8th class in a strange culture/society/environment.

The experience wasn't palatable at all.

1st class - Female citizens that are not brown in color
2nd class - Children of the above citizens that are not brown in color
3rd class - Dogs and pets
4th class - Male citizens that are not brown in color (including the fathers and husbands/ex husbands of the 1st class citizens)
5th class - gay, lesbians, non binary and every other rubbish out there.
6th class - Immigrants that are not brown in color
7th class - Citizens that are brown in color
8th class - Africans of all shades of brown. (This is where majority of you will belong)
Not in Russia
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Ladymillion(f): 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
OboOlora:
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass
lwkmd!
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by ednut1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
Na LGBT dey fear me and my children lacking the 9ja ambition. They fit tell you no wan go school or learn trade and become video game addicts
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Snakedoctor1: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
SiotohGlobal:
Some Nigerians are very superstitious when it comes to Japa affairs. Some are afraid of being in an environment whose language they don't understand while some are scared of the cost of living and some are uncomfortable about their safety in their new location.

Let's talk, what scares you the most about relocating abroad?

Starting all over again

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by 360command: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
Light78:
Racism.

Let's practice...

I was crossing a street one day. On the other end of the street or road, there is a parked car. In it, a white lady was inside. Note: I never knew a woman was there. It was very very cold, black guy on a hoodie, 2 hands in my pockets crossing the street. The white lady saw me crossing and thought I was coming towards her car. After I had crossed, I know I heard a sound from the car door(central lock).

It was when I looked back, my mind played everything. A white lady in the car,saw a black man crossing the road towards her car direction, in a hoodie, hands on his pockets(she taught I was with a gun).
She picked up her phone about to call the police(note: while crossing towards the end, I knew I saw a shadow with a phone trying to dial a number)
and then she pins her door which made me hear that sound as soon as I crossed.

I shook my head, laughed . Welcome to aburokyire!

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Brownshoe: 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
occfx:

Na only food be my fear... I never beleful with Nigeria food. In Oslo, I was starving for nothing. The only interesting thing was chicken and shawarma. I didn't understand other food
how can be I eating chicken and shawarma, the witches wey curse our land na bad thing them do o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Lady Came Out Alive From This Ghastly Accident While Traveling For Easter.PICS / Is It Advisable To Settle In The United Kingdom After Studies / Breathtaking Pictures Of Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.