Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU (28352 Views)

Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues / "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Roboto11: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2022
Waterlrd:
I can assert that you're also a victim of this disfunctional education system and that's why you do not have brain to reason or perhaps a beneficiary of the corruption & failed system with which you're enabled to act as it counsel.

Shut up.

Where in the world are people paid for going on strike?

Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by olaniyilukman(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2022
Bontafa:

Political defender.

Can you work when you are owed ?

If your father goes to work month to month and come back home to tell your mother stories will you be able to have the dead education you have today ?
You are very stupid, were they owed before they embark on strike for eight months, what kind of nonsense is that, paying for the service they don't render, what are the fate of the students who wasted their precious time just because some set of greedy people are fighting for their selfish interest..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by olaniyilukman(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2022
Roboto11:

Shut up.

Where in the world are people paid for going on strike?

Mumu.
Help me ask them oh my brother, bunch of lazy people who want to real where they don't show...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by JAMO84: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2022
arantess:

Big fool, stay on topic

Don't deflect
You dey mad
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by josite: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2022
LeoDeKing:
How were they owed 8 months salaries?

Is it the 8 months they didn't work?

If they are paid for that 8 months they didn't work, what then is their sacrifice?

So it is only the students that should suffer the strike?

No work no pay should be enforced so when any union wants to go on strike, it should be really necessary. Not that when they are tired of going to work, they will just wake up and proceed on strike with one flimsy excuse.

And if the strike is very necessary, I'm sure the public will prevail on the govt to pay full salary after resolution and the govt is found wanting.

Though in my opinion, the govt should give them half of their salary and use the rest to equip university libraries.

In a democracy,it is the rule of law,not rule of Mr speaker or rule of emotion or rule of sympathy.

If the law of Nigeria says no work no pay then it must be no work no pay no matter who,no matter when.

ASUU ought to know the law governing strike in Nigeria before going on strike.

I support governing not paying their salaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by snipernigga(m): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2022
Foolish ASUU, is Gbajabiamila the minister of labour or education
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by kingamaa(m): 8:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Too bad

But the strike don tire everybody

And government no send
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Mumusaphire: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2022
onez:
The surprising thing is that professors too fell for APC scam. We must do away with APC and PDP to progress in this country
gbaja carry them handicap. Lol.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by LordFA: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2022
Now they can't go on strike again because even if they want to, the other faction won't join them thereby rendering it useless. Poor ASUU.
Our dear ASUU in the mud
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Akindefunminiyi(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2022
I'm fed up of all these ASUU people
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Benmob: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Bontafa:

Political defender.

Can you work when you are owed ?

If your father goes to work month to month and come back home to tell your mother stories will you be able to have the dead education you have today ?
grin grin grin omo ur finishing na world class,d same politicians that don't give a Bleep about them

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by iwaeda: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2022
Deltafirstson:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/gbajabiamila-deceived-us-to-call-off-strike-%e2%80%95-ASUU/

What do you expect from a confirmed fraudster who forfeited money in USA. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Rechargeam247(f): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2022
They helped enthrone the government.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Abbeytoy(m): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2022
onez:
The surprising thing is that professors too fell for APC scam. We must do away with APC and PDP to progress in this country

What about PDP lite?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by 9gerian: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2022
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by 9gerian: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2022
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by ekitimanalways(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2022
Deltafirstson:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/gbajabiamila-deceived-us-to-call-off-strike-%e2%80%95-ASUU/

When you trust a Nigerian politician, you would either die young or die poor. ASUU pele o!
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Aguiyimba(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2022
LeoDeKing:
How were they owed 8 months salaries?

Is it the 8 months they didn't work?

If they are paid for that 8 months they didn't work, what then is their sacrifice?

So it is only the students that should suffer the strike?

No work no pay should be enforced so when any union wants to go on strike, it should be really necessary. Not that when they are tired of going to work, they will just wake up and proceed on strike with one flimsy excuse.

And if the strike is very necessary, I'm sure the public will prevail on the govt to pay full salary after resolution and the govt is found wanting.

Though in my opinion, the govt should give them half of their salary and use the rest to equip university libraries.

If your papa na one of them you for no talk like this
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by hacheem(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2022
I think ASUU is speaking with 2 mouths. The other time they said they called off the strike to obey the court order as law abiding citizens and Union while hoping that Me speaker intervention will yield positive result.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Thinkam:

We've been over this already, if the government had issues with this points, gbaja should have said so and not just lie
to end the strike..

APC and their trademark of deceit , my only problem are the people they fool, APC has never fooled me, I've always known what they are.

As I wish you happy new year, I pray that 2022 will be the last full year that Nigerians will have the misfortune of living or dying under an APC regime for the foreseeable future.
a written agreement for that matter
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by FreeStuffsNG: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2022
sultan003:

Two things..

1.. ASUU has challenged the no work no pay thing at the industrial court.. 26th january is the day court will decide...

2. Majority of ASUU members wanted to continue the strike, regardless of the court ruling and the implications

Then the comment of Prof. Osodeke does not betray that. Secondly, the record of voting by each congress confirmed that congresses agreed that it was all over for the strike except they want to be in contempt of the court. This is not military era.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Dee60: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2022
At the end of the day, it is university education that suffers. The big part of the blame will go to government for treating education with levity. Maybe it is deliberate, to keep the people uneducated. As it is now, local companies and especially foreign companies dont regard our university education as anything. What is the worth of a paper qualification?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by sultan003(m): 10:05am On Dec 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Then the comment of Prof. Osodeke does not betray that. Secondly, the record of voting by each congress confirmed that congresses agreed that it was all over for the strike except they want to be in contempt of the court. This is not military era.

Do not trust the reporting of how congress voted... for example the media reported that one branch congress of which i was in the meeting, voted to call off. Meanwhile the time the report came out, we were still at the debating stage and no voting was done with
Majority arguing that the FG cannot be trusted.

Decision was left to the NEC as a result of the discussions with the speaker..
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Kilometres: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2022
bdon123:

A pronouncement is by court is not a law ...it can be challenged in a higher court.only senate n reps can pass laws like that.

Keep to what you know.

They are different types and composition that makes up law.

That matter has been declared by the appeal court...if left unchallenged at the supreme Court it becomes a subsist reference of law.

As soon as the apex court decides on the matter or any matter like that...it becomes law.

NB: the court can void any National Assembly law but National Assembly cannot deliberate on any court matters
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by bobolaga: 10:29am On Dec 28, 2022
Is not your fault, i told some one that the Buhari administration will not have active education, we all knew that education is not his concern business and not number one priorities to him, Buhari priority business is cows and Ruga, Femi gbejamiala has sold his soul to the devil religion so there is room for lies and propaganda.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by FreeStuffsNG: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2022
sultan003:

Do not trust the reporting of how congress voted... for example the media reported that one branch congress of which i was in the meeting, voted to call off. Meanwhile the time the report came out, we were still at the debating stage and no voting was done with
Majority arguing that the FG cannot be trusted.

Decision was left to the NEC as a result of the discussions with the speaker ..
The @bolded was reported by some media platform that covered it. I think this is the borne of contention; unfair attempt to hang it around Gbaja when the court had already ruled.
If there were actually members who voted to continue strike after the court had ordered ASUU back to class then that is very unfortunate.
The name ASUU itself is outdated because what we have now is a body of academic staff from only govt owned universities unlike in the past when all universities were govt-owned.
What ASUU is right now is Academic Staff Union of ( Govt. ) Universities.
The academic staff of private universities have bigger problems but their case is not even taken up by the govt universities academic staff union.
I just think it is dishonest to pin Gbaja with the tag of betraying when it was actually thw court that ordered ASUU back to the classrooms.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 10:33am On Dec 28, 2022
So this useless ASUU is still talking?

Instead of thanking Oga Femi for saving their face and providing them with an opportunity to come of their shameful strike, they are busy here lambasting the man.

Fools.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Georgejeez: 10:33am On Dec 28, 2022
No work no pay .
If they don't like it , they should strike again .
We are already used to them striking.
In fact ,Darwin Nunez of Liverpool should come learn from ASUU on how to strike well
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Ofolete: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2022
In as much as some Yorubas are as cunning and selfish as the speaker, but many university lecturers reason like fools. They still want to vote idiots come 2023. Not forgetting that they were the people who collected money and rigged these criminals into power.
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Jostoman: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2022
Thinkam:

We've been over this already, if the government had issues with this points, gbaja should have said so and not just lie
to end the strike..

APC and their trademark of deceit , my only problem are the people they fool, APC has never fooled me, I've always known what they are.

As I wish you happy new year, I pray that 2022 will be the last full year that Nigerians will have the misfortune of living or dying under an APC regime for the foreseeable future.
Amen
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by Jostoman: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2022
When Apc say good morning just know that it is already 11pm
Re: Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2022
FromTopToBottom:
a written agreement for that matter

Whether the agreement is written or not, does not mean that the agreement must be implemented, most especially when it becomes obvious that the terms of the agreement is non feasible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. / Adamu Dauda, From Rearing Cattle To A University Lecturer / ASUP Declares Nationwide Strike From April 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.