Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia (57064 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Asour: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2022
SaLongs1:
Why immigrate in the first place....yes I agree that an immigrant can't become the president of the US but as was the case of Arnold Schwarzenegger he became the governor of California now you name me where dictatorships allow for such.

Why?

Because (economically) & educationally these coutries are better than Nigeria.

So many in Nigeria have it that hard.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by roqrules04(m): 10:00am On Dec 30, 2022
Yaks02:

Sorry to ask you but can the teaching job be able to take care of your living and tuition there?

It might be difficult. The teaching is not a full time job . He’s there to study not work full time

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Izuchukwu70: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Karnice600:

Barely seen one. Have you seen any?

I wonder the reason why he praising Russians in the thread. Maybe he was paid to launder the image. Russia is a no go for blacks. The people he is showing are marginalized too in Russia.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Karnice600: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Izuchukwu70:

I wonder the reason why he praising Russians in the thread. Maybe he was paid to launder the image. Russia is a no go for blacks. The people he is showing are marginalized too in Russia.

Lol...

Maybe Putin has started paying them to troll.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Dybala11(m): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Sweetvie:
I got your point.
But you need to understand racism is everywhere.
In US and the rest of the world you mentioned
I didn't state otherwise in my comment na, I only reiterate the fact that other ethnicities are also feeling the scourge of racism. I mentioned that citizens of countries like Russia, the US and the rest of the world in general as being under the evil influence of racism. Things are getting better now sha.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by makaveli902: 1:57am On Dec 31, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.

Am sure this Yatusk you talking about is on the eastern side of Russia cos the people am seeing on your post look more Chinese than Caucasian you find in western Russia. And talking about the weather, am just imagining how -40° is gonna be for a skinny guy like you? grin grin�️ Anyway congratulations bro.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 9:50am On Jan 01, 2023
Classickj:

Please what does this mean in Russian

I can't even copy it
"and you zai" or "and you Hey" depending on if that "э" is this one or this one "з" I don't understand your phone handwriting.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2023
makaveli902:

Am sure this Yatusk you talking about is on the eastern side of Russia cos the people am seeing on your post look more Chinese than Caucasian you find in western Russia. And talking about the weather, am just imagining how -40° is gonna be for a skinny guy like you? grin grin�️ Anyway congratulations bro.
LoL I am not skinny oo and there are special winter clothes here. We cope well
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2023
haiti007:

Thanks chief for this honest review, but I’d like to ask; I have noticed that some health workers especially doctors travel down from Russia after their study to practice here in Nigeria. I have met a lot of them here in Luth, does that mean that they don’t offer job opportunity to foreign students?
Maybe they studied with scholarship. If you studied with scholarship you must go back to your country after studies. That is the rule. Also after studying here in the extreme cold for seven years, you will miss home. Some of these doctors also want to explore the west so they choose to do their residency in an English speaking country like Nigeria, their home.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2023
Yaks02:

Sorry to ask you but can the teaching job be able to take care of your living and tuition there?
Yes. More than enough.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 9:54am On Jan 01, 2023
Semaj77:

Not to rain on your parade but Ethiopian airline food isn't so good , when I travelled with them I could only eat the bread bun and cheese they served
You must be a picky eater or perhaps the times have changed grin grin
Trust me their food and chicken is good. There were these twin girls beside me...one couldn't eat the beans and gave it to the other. The other couldn't eat the biscuits and snacks and gave it to the one who couldn't eat beans. They should be around age 10
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by FBS: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2023
Yaks02:

Unless you do it full time, it will be very difficult.
It's even good students are allowed to work now, back then students couldn't work.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by FBS: 11:10am On Jan 01, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Yes. More than enough.
You kidding? says who? Teaching on a part time basis enough to pay for accomodation, tuitions, feeding, clothing etc?
Kindly enlighten me please.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mediclife1987(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Russian kids are well mannered if you don't 'devalue' yourself. They will only, always be proud of you.

What do you mean by devalue yourself?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by haiti007(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Maybe they studied with scholarship. If you studied with scholarship you must go back to your country after studies. That is the rule. Also after studying here in the extreme cold for seven years, you will miss home. Some of these doctors also want to explore the west so they choose to do their residency in an English speaking country like Nigeria, their home.

Okay, I understand now.
Please do you have any idea if there’s a program for nurses (conversion program from RN to BNSC?).

I’m almost rounding up with my diploma in nursing now and I’m planning for traveling out already.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Father4all: 6:40am On Jan 02, 2023
And some people are bad mouthing Russians. The West has really brainwashed us
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2023
FBS:

You kidding? says who? Teaching on a part time basis enough to pay for accomodation, tuitions, feeding, clothing etc?
Kindly enlighten me please.
Our tuition is averagely 140k rubles a year
You earn up to 3k per day, teaching.
Our accommodation at international students dormitory costs 1k rubles a day.
And certainly you will come here with your own funds. Well this only applies to cheap Federal universities.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2023
haiti007:

Okay, I understand now.
Please do you have any idea if there’s a program for nurses (conversion program from RN to BNSC?).

I’m almost rounding up with my diploma in nursing now and I’m planning for traveling out already.
No. You will start all over with your O'level. Four years in some schools and three years in some schools plus one year Russian language
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by haiti007(m): 10:29am On Jan 02, 2023
mushroomFarm:

No. You will start all over with your O'level. Four years in some schools and three years in some schools plus one year Russian language

Okay, thanks for the information sir
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by FBS: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Our tuition is averagely 140k rubles a year
You earn up to 3k per day, teaching.
Our accommodation at international students dormitory costs 1k rubles a day.
And certainly you will come here with your own funds. Well this only applies to cheap Federal universities.
Wow. 3k per day? Good work brother. How many hours of teaching is that?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
FBS:

One or two hours
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by justwise(m): 9:35am On Jan 03, 2023
Regex:

Justwise, this is a fraudulent activity, can you delete this post? Thank you
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 5:52am On Jan 04, 2023
FBS:

Let me correct the mistake I made with the accomodation. It cost 1k ruble a month not a day
One hour or 2 hours of teaching.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mushroomFarm: 5:53am On Jan 04, 2023
FBS:

But you don't get to work everyday. Maybe just four times a week or two. And that's why u might have to work in other places like restaurants too or another school...just don't let it affect your studies and visa terms

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by FBS: 12:59am On Jan 06, 2023
mushroomFarm:

But you don't get to work everyday. Maybe just four times a week or two. And that's why u might have to work in other places like restaurants too or another school...just don't let it affect your studies and visa terms
It's even good that students are allowed to work now, back then it wasn't.
But doing the math, if you work 2 hours and you make 3k per day? Working four times per week (2 hours/per day) will net you tax free 12k in a week? Are you sure about that? That's not bad at all because the average is 600 rubles for 45 mins lesson.
You must be making a killing. cheesy
Good stuff man.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Regex: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2023
Karnice600:

Having said these things, I plead with us not to turn this thread into a Russia vs USA thread.

but here..

Let me quickly note that, Russians are totally different from what we always read about them. I am a pro western person because my dad studied for his degrees in the USA. I grew up loving the West. I still love them.

you brought the US in, setting the pace for comparisons already.

There's this tale about 5 blind men who went to confirm what an elephant looks like. They all used their sense of touch to feel what the elephant looked like at different points. Each touching different parts. They all left with fragmented images of broken truth and delusion. The OP looks like one of them.

Compliments of the season folks.

And for the records I dislike talking about any of my experiences overseas, cos I know how the average Nigerian idolizes you for what you ain't worth, just because you crossed over. A sick mindset to have, to be honest.

Nigeria is my home. It has a sick system. I have a responsibility to make it work. We all have.
I and a few friends have decided to work from home during this period to fully participate in the upcoming elections, rather than work on site, that will require being in other continents, but Africa.
A working system is vital. Take pride in saving Nigeria. Be an Obidient citizen.

Vote Peter Obi for the salvation of a dying giant.

You didn't have to quote the whole thing
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by betshopagent(m): 1:10am On Jan 09, 2023
Siberia reminds me of the movie Spartacus.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Calvilman(m): 1:55am On Jan 09, 2023
I think OP is actually legit, sorry for accusing but the overwhelming positivity is just something that Russians themselves don't seem to share.
It's just that when someone is being so overwhelmingly positive about a country that has so many issues it makes me think it's an advertisement.

I found a video of nigerian students protesting in russia because they were tricked into working and not getting paid (by the nigerian govt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS5TG7fQhl8

It's not just easy money like they claim here.

Mixed opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ4tJUe_Wsg

And one big nigerian youtube chann called tayno aina made a coverage about nigerian students getting scammed by these agencies in russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJwBOYSH-E

OP, I'll ask a Russian friend of mine what they think of this and maybe we can get a different point of view because all Russians I know complain about life in Russia and many have flocked out of the country.

Also having been to Karelia and St Petersburg and ethnic Russian areas in the baltics myself I wasn't too impressed with this country, I have mizxed experiences with Russian people, both positive and negative.

I wish you a good day and I hope you enjoy Russia but I think your experience might not be the same for everyone so it would be good to get someone else's opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Jeep Hangs On An Electric Pole In Kano After Horrible Accident. Photos / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures / Fight Breaks Out At The Lagos Airport As NLC Attempts To Shut It Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.