Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia (57433 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by pansophist(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2022
Karnice600:

He said you shouldn't turn this into a Russia vs America warfare. Just a reminder.
...and how have you been?
Trust you're keeping great

Haha, this one wey karnice cares about pànsophist and not the default yab. Wetin happen? Have you given your life to Christ? grin

Me ayam fine o. Just de enjoy my life and the fruit of my labour. Next year will be a great one. How about you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Karnice600: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2022
pansophist:

Haha, this one wey karnice cares about pànsophist and not the default yab. Wetin happen? Have you given your life to Christ? grin

Me ayam fine o. Just de enjoy my life and the fruit of my labour. Next year will be a great one. How about you?

I'm great. Thanks.
This period has to be peaceful, so I'm on a ceasefire. Flex and feel free.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nolevel666: 11:05am On Dec 29, 2022
Meh,this post smells fishy.
Everyone beware and make some valuable reserch before making any foolish decisions

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by jesmond3945: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2022
Braveboi1:
wow this your Russia review is very nice, but there is something nice about black guys with Afro hair going to a white country, that your Afro hair is your magic charm. don't barbe it
why do you say so
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Karnice600: 11:13am On Dec 29, 2022
SamAfrik:
As much as I enjoyed your post and documented experience, however I think the west (particularly UK and US) remain the most friendly to the Black people. We can all see the sizeable representation in many works of life (e.g. sports, education, economy).
Being a friendly nation is more than just smiling at people but giving opportunity to them where it matters.
I'm happy many nations are becoming more inclusive these days.
I wish you blessings in your new adventure.

Being a friendly nation is more than just smiling at people but giving opportunity to them where it matters.

Well said. More grease to your elbows.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by dierich: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Please, how can I learn Russian language so fast here in Nigeria. And can u tell me the app u use to learn some basic Russian language?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Glistinin(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2022
Download Duolingo. It's the best.
dierich:
Please, how can I learn Russian language so fast here in Nigeria. And can u tell me the app u use to learn some basic Russian language?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by pansophist(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Karnice600:

I'm great. Thanks.
This period has to be peaceful, so I'm on a ceasefire. Flex and feel free.
No wahala. Next year we continue. I mean I'm savage by default, benevolence na just the toppings. So I still no mind take on you now grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by greygoblings(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2022
nedekid:

But will naira dom account work? Our banks issue visa and master cards. Don't forget both card companies have left Russia due to sanctions.

Good question... Never thought about the sanctions. It's better you just change your naira to dollars and go with physical cash.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Omotaday(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2022
Well, I have not been to Russia but my first vacation, the Russians I met were amazing. Full of fun, respectful and kind. It was a solo trip, without them I wouldn’t have had that much fun.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by BRIMBRAM: 11:55am On Dec 29, 2022
Softmirror:

WHILE RUSSIA IS KILLING THEIR BROTHERS BY THE NAME UKRAINE.

IS THIS ONE OF THE NUMEROUS TACTICS USE IN SCAMMING GULLIBLE NIGERIANS WHO CAN'T LOOK INWARDS TO SEE ANY GOOD ABOUT THEIR COUNTRY?. WHO ARE SO DESPERATE TO JAPA grin ANGELEMADE?!

grin
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by ariesbull: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2022
Spanishmilf:
lol
How is he better than buhari pls?
lol
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by roqrules04(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
OP, hope you’ve tried the Russian Vodka; “Camagon” grin
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is a multinational thread. Very sweet.
What about your experience, flirting with Russia women?

You haven't start dating their wom.enn.

mushroomFarm:
Myself at various places...during my trip here.
I included a picture of what a single meal on Ethiopian air looks like.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by johnchizzy: 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Myself at various places...during my trip here.
I included a picture of what a single meal on Ethiopian air looks like.

Mehn, you guys are really trying o. So damn cold.
Pls, how do you do with bathing over there. Do you still have your bath regularly as we do here in Nigeria?? �
Pls, pardon my curiosity
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by blueivy8: 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
So beautiful smiley
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Semaj77(m): 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
mushroomFarm:
More pictures of in-flight food

Not to rain on your parade but Ethiopian airline food isn't so good , when I travelled with them I could only eat the bread bun and cheese they served

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Bluntemperor: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
superCleanworks:
interesting

Interesting,but you obviously left some basic truth and facts,as you want us to accept hook, line and sinker, your propositions on what Russia is!
- Education in Russia is half baked,For instance, Russian School don't score you zero,even where you did not write anything but must give you mark-at least 5- marks! Has that System changed!
-The Ukrainian Educational System is far of high quality than Russia and I make bold to say that the School of Medicine in Russia cannot compete favourably with that of Ukraine or even Nigeria! Just because we are going through Leadership Crisis,we are still doing great!
At least I have people who went to Ukraine and have competed favourably with Nigerians and are back abroad and are doing very well!
Meanwhile I know of Hospitals here that employed two Russian based Doctors that even Nurses here had to come to rescue,from time to time, teaching knowledge to our Russian Doctors but why?
Afterall,we believed they are Professional Doctors and they should not bring the Medical lines into disrepute!
You said Russian is not at War- but that was what Putin initially told the People but has now told the latter news that,the invasion of Ukraine was ' a Special Operations ' to chase away the enemies from Power' So, Russia is at War,which is now known to every one living in Russia,as even the economic blockade of the World is being felt by the Rubbles Currency!
Besides,why did you come from USA,while your Father is still there? Why can't you finish your Medical Programs in America! Any cogent reasons for your choice?
Don't forget that the same Russia that destroyed our Ajaokuta Steel Complex - by writing the Operation of the Complex in the Russians Language,is also destroying the Ukraine Infrastructures-now! Is that what you want to present to us?
Well,I wish you save voyage journey and greet them over there and goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by superCleanworks(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
Bluntemperor:

Interesting,but you obviously left some basic truth and facts,as you want us to accept hook, line and sinker, your propositions on what Russia is!
- Education in Russia is half baked,For instance, Russian School don't score you zero,even where you did not write anything but must give you mark-at least 5- marks! Has that System changed!
-The Ukrainian Educational System is far of high quality than Russia and I make bold to say that the School of Medicine in Russia cannot compete favourably with that of Ukraine or even Nigeria! Just because we are going through Leadership Crisis,we are still doing great!
At least I have people who went to Ukraine and have competed favourably with Nigerians and are back abroad and are doing very well!
Meanwhile I know of Hospitals here that employed two Russian based Doctors that even Nurses here had to come to rescue,from time to time, teaching knowledge to our Russian Doctors but why?
Afterall,we believed they are Professional Doctors and they should not bring the Medical lines into disrepute!
You said Russian is not at War- but that was what Putin initially told the People but has now told the latter news that,the invasion of Ukraine was ' a Special Operations ' to chase away the enemies from Power' So, Russia is at War,which is now known to every one living in Russia,as even the economic blockade of the World is being felt by the Rubbles Currency!
Besides,why did you come from USA,while your Father is still there? Why can't you finish your Medical Programs in America! Any cogent reasons for your choice?
Don't forget that the same Russia that destroyed our Ajaokuta Steel Complex - by writing the Operation of the Complex in the Russians Language,is also destroying the Ukraine Infrastructures-now! Is that what you want to present to us?
Well,I wish you save voyage journey and greet them over there and goodluck!

what is all this?
better learn to read and direct your gibberish to the right person.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Poleski: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
mushroomFarm:

There is nothing like Racism here....

..Contrary to popular opinion, president Vladimir Putin does not 'hunt down' his perceived enemies. People have freedom here but at least 90% of Russians I have met, love him...

When I saw the above I knew immediately, they've endoctrinated you with their tea to spread their propaganda.
To help you understand who Putin is, read the info. in this link;

https://www.france24.com/en/live
-news/20221123-vladimir-putin-s-critics-dead-jailed-exiled

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by AngelaInteriorz: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
clinician2x:

Pls oo, I need this esim. Will it give me a permanent U.S number for whatsapp?

Where you able to get the esim from the verified trader person?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by SaLongs1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
Asour:

As at 2015, A black African was a Politician in Russia.
See.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxDAD0qRaU

It's a rarity but it did happen.

I am glad you said it is a rarity but I would rather prefer where it is the norm than to be some exotic show.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Bluntemperor: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
superCleanworks:

what is all this?
better learn to read and direct your gibberish to the right person.

Are you the OP or you are just a funny man with different monica occupying the Nairaland Forum?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by spiralwedge(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Op, you have too much naive and conclusive opinions for someone who just got in.
Unlearn 80% of your perception of Russia, so that you can survive it without any issue. Otherwise, you will "lose guard".

Your eyes will clear soon, but please stay safe and alive. Begin to find your exit to nearby countries immediately. The best way to do that is to stop singpraising.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by BJanta: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please can you be kind enough to.
this no : 0/90/314/070//62 , that I
may contact you. GOD bless,
amen.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Tazozie(m): 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
One of the few smartest and very insightful post I have come across in this place. Very well constructed and to think its flowing out fresh and natural from you make you more unique.
I can only a one correction that Oymyakon in Rusia is the coldest place on earth where humans live outside Antarctica (Humans do not live here) rather than Yakutsk. Oyamyakon is about 682km and travelling by road makes near 1000km apart.

I love you brother for these insights, I love Rusia and follow their histories a lot.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Dybala11(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.
Is the language of teaching in that school English??
Just curious o. grin
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Izuchukwu70: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Recently I saw this front page post about what it feels like to teach in the United Kingdom.
I recently travelled to Yakutsk, Russia, world's coldest city to study Medicine here at Ammosov North Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk, Russia, for a degree of 'Doctor of Medicine. M.D (yes they don't award MBBS here but MD.)
As a part time job, I teach English here in Yakutsk and it is a job where demand for native speakers like Africans is very very high. Russians don't speak English but they continue to look for English teachers which makes it a good destination for English speaking Africans like us.
Teaching here in Russia is completely different from what I read in that post about teaching in the United Kingdom and in this thread, I will tell you everything about it.
Let me quickly note that, Russians are totally different from what we always read about them. I am a pro western person because my dad studied for his degrees in the USA. I grew up loving the West. I still love them.
But Russians are no monster. There is nothing like Racism here. These people love blacks toooo much! From Moscow to Krasnoyarsk to Yakutsk even while I was the only black man at the entire airports, the attention and love and help everyone offered was amazing!

Russians seem to have this welcoming attitude. It was hard for me to believe they were the same people I used to think, were 'hard' and 'unfriendly' lots of pictures, selfies, there were even these Russian guys that paid $500 for me to have 30 minutes of massage in a massage chair, they bought all sort of foods and even expensive alcohols for me...too bad, I don't take alcohol though.
Having said these things, I plead with us not to turn this thread into a Russia vs USA thread.
So, after I obtained my Visa letter, I approached the Russian embassy, did all my authorization and legalization of documents including the ones I have to do at the ministries of education and foreign affairs. I got my Visa for 119k and everything was over within a week.
My flight to Abuja was on overland air. It was my first flight. People castigate this airline alot but trust me, they have the best safety records in this country and they are extremely cheap. They have been operating for a long time too and the pilots are extremely experienced. And I love the sound of those props!
My flight back to Ilorin after obtaining my Visa was also on Overland air. I enjoyed every bit of the experience. I booked my flight to Moscow one month ahead and paid only 268k. I will attach evidence if possible.

Let me also mention that I took off to Moscow from Lagos. My flight to Lagos was on Overland air again. I booked the flight the same morning I left Ilorin...because it was the at the peak of the dollar crisis. Till the very last day in Ilorin, I was still looking for Abokis to buy dollars from.

You must have figured out already that I love overland air.
My flight to Moscow was to have a stop over in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. On the six hours flight to Ethiopia, Ethiopian air served us three course meals and each meal came with a bottle of wine!
They also served us a three course meal on the trip from Addis Ababa to Moscow, also with wine. From fish to chicken to snacks to rice... That airline is awesome!! I am quiet happy that we have something like that in Africa.
Ethiopian air hostess are very nice and extremely beautiful. You would be amazed that they are Africans. I met these little kids travelling with their dad to the UK on the flight and they sure made my experience all fun. They never stopped asking questions... �

I was sad for Nigeria when we arrived Ethiopia. It was at night but the so many skyscrapers, the well lighted cities and the hundreds of Ethiopian air jumbo jets at the airport...that country is way ahead.
The treatment Ethiopian air gave us at their waiting lounge in Addis Ababa was awesome
On the flight from Ethiopia to Moscow, I was the only black guy on board. This was were my Russian language that I had started learning online before leaving Nigeria started to kick in. Ethiopian air hostess could not communicate with some Russians on board and I was able to do some little translations.
I noticed our flight was not directly to Moscow. It was diverted through Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran and then to Moscow, perhaps to avoid the Ukraine war zone Cux from the inflight map, flying directly to Moscow will entail passing through the Ukrainian airspace.
It was a smooth night flight.
From Domodedovo airport in Moscow, I travelled by taxi to Vnukovo airport. It cost about 33k naira equivalent of the rubles.
Russia is extremely DEVELOPED! Many European cities can't compare to what I saw in Moscow.
I used to think Russia is a country that is all focused on making war machines...it is not true. The infrastructures, the houses, the environment...it was like a dream!

From Vnukovo airport, I took another flight to Krasnoyarsk City. And at Krasnoyarsk, I was beginning to feel the extreme cold of Russia grin
From Krasnoyarsk, I took another flight to Yakutsk. And it's a white city filled with thick snows. Average daily temperature at this time is minus 40 degrees Celsius and can sometimes deep to minus 60.
University representatives were already waiting for me at Yakutsk airport and they even came with a hot pot of coffee (remember I told you about Russians being extremely nice to foreigners)
Now to the pictures. But let me quickly add these points
1. Russia have a very serious drug law. If your plan is to snuggle drugs across the continent please don't come to Russia!!
2. Police here are extremely nice. No one harassed me at the airport, no unnecessary checks. I was never asked to strip, they don't assault your dignity. But when passing through checking machines you have to remove thick clothings like sweaters and coats and gloves too.
3. Interestingly, some common items like more than 100ml of aerosols or perfumes are not allowed to go with you into the plane (carry on bag) while some things you would think are normal are contrabands in Russia. I had two bottle of perfumes clearly labelled but before I go through each checks, I remove them and declare them to the officers in charge of the checks. They would look at it and asked me to out it into my tray and slide it into the checking machine. Whenever you are travelling abroad maybe not even Russia, if there is any item you are not sure of it's legibility to enter that country or plane, always remove it from your luggage and declare it to the officers before you are checked. This way, if the item is a contraband, they would be sure you are not trying to smuggle it in.
4. I really wish Nigerian policing system can be like that of Russia. No road blocks, no harassment, they are glad to help. If a police officer finds you shivering outside they may invite you to have hot coffee and warm up in their car!
5. THERE IS NO WAR IN RUSSIA!
6. CONTRARY TO POPULAR OPINIONS, RUSSIANS LOVE THE AMERICANS! Yes many Russians want to go to America. Sometimes they even assume all of us blacks are from America and they treat us with love and respect.
7. Russians are probably the only white race in the world that do not hate black people.
8. I know foreigners are being watched but trust me, you are being watched in Nigeria more than in Russia. Contrary to popular opinion, president Vladimir Putin does not 'hunt down' his perceived enemies. People have freedom here but at least 90% of Russians I have met, love him.
9. President Vladimir Putin is very friendly to Africans. Russian immigration laws makes it easy for Africans to come study in Russia and when you are here, they don't harass nor bully you and they don't treat you like second class citizens.
10. And finally...language is a big barrier in Russia..but their police and immigrations are very friendly.
Now to the pictures. (I had to source some pictures from the internet)
The first pictures are
Ilorin International airport.
Abuja International airport and
Lagos international airport.

I saw shege at Lagos airport where I took off to Moscow. Bribes upon bribes. Nigeria is ruined honestly...everyone kept begging for money. Money that I obtained at an extremely high rate.
I also had to deposit 400k naira with Ethiopian air before they could let me board Cux I had no return ticket. They refunded the money to me three days after successfully crossing into the Russian Federation.
In Ethiopia and Russia, nothing like bribery. That is why it felt so weird when the officers are helping you with everything without asking for a Kobo and you can't help it but to keep thanking them.

The region you went to is not the racist region. These people you are showing are minorities in Russia. Go to Moscow and the White people region and say the same thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by stone350(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Very insightful
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by stanluiz(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
pansophist:
My God, Russia is freaking huge. I mean, you can't really comprehend how huge this country is. A country that spans three continents, from North America to Asia, and Europe. It's a transcontinental country.

From Yakutsk to Moscow is close to 9,000 km same country, meanwhile from Lagos to Moscow is a little over 6000 km. In other words, its closer to getting to Moscow from Nigeria, than from one part of Russia to another. Putin is easily the most powerful man on this planet, to control such a vast territory.

And what's even more interesting about Russia is that this is the smallest it has been, it was way bigger before, during the soviet union, and before they sold Alaska to the US, and Alaska is at least x2 bigger than Nigeria. Russia is simply a giant.
Lagos to Moscow is 9000 km while Yakutsk to Moscow is 8300 km.

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Izuchukwu70: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Karnice600:

Well said. More grease to your elbows.

How many opportunities has Russia given to a Black man?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Karnice600: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Izuchukwu70:

How many opportunities has Russia given to a Black man?

Barely seen one. Have you seen any?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / Photos Of Airpeace 124-Seater Embraer 195-E2 Aircraft / FRSC Official Crushed By A Moving Tanker While Chasing Bus Driver (graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.