Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? (3532 Views)

Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him / Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2022
I shouldn't say this but my dad doesn't care. He doesn't give a hoot about us. My mum, despite the little she has, she shoulders 99% of the responsibility at home. This is not something told by my mum, but something we the children witness with our own eyes. In the course of fulfilling this responsibility, it has drained her shop.
My dad, at times when he has money he hides it in hidden parts of his wallets which my mum sees ( although she doesn't take form the money).
My dad just doesn't give a hoot. Whenever we're sick, my dad doesn't even ask how we're feeling let alone taking care of us, and when he's sick, he acts like baby wanting attention which we reluctantly give for the sake of God coz in all sincerity, he doesn't deserve it.
Whenever I'm at sch, I can call my dad for weeks and he would be comfortable not picking, ignoring my calls. He has never for once call me to check up on me at sch except once in a while when he has something to ask.
I'm fed up of his nonchalant ways.
So, him and my mum had little argue today, and he decided to leave home, because my mum rented our apartment ( a room self) my mum has been pushed to wall and she had to just speak her mind today, and he decided to leave.
I didn't make any attempt to stop him because I'm pained.
Everyone, have I done something wrong by not stopping him?
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by zeuss: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2022
You did the ryt thing....the man is evil

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by CDCEO001: 9:10am On Dec 28, 2022
Did anybody said you should have stopped him? I mean why do you feel like asking the question? I think you all should let him go, he is not useful to the family if what you said is true.

11 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Jennyclay(f): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2022
Biko, let the irresponsible man go.

Is not as if you & your mother were benefitting anything from the supposed "head of family". Biko, let him get lost.

What is really wrong with men in this country? Haba!

In a relationship, He can't take good care of his girlfriend.. He enters into marriage, he can't still take good care of your wife & children undecided undecided. Kilode!!

Nawa oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 28, 2022
Good one, he's an irresponsible father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by nicerod(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2022
There must be a reason he's not showing concerned about his children.

Please don't take sides

I pray God provides for ur needs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by dobnina(f): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:
I shouldn't say this but my dad doesn't care. He doesn't give a hoot about us. My mum, despite the little she has, she shoulders 99% of the responsibility at home. This is not something told by my mum, but something we the children witness with our own eyes. In the course of fulfilling this responsibility, it has drained her shop.
My dad, at times when he has money he hides it in hidden parts of his wallets which my mum sees ( although she doesn't take form the money).
My dad just doesn't give a hoot. Whenever we're sick, my dad doesn't even ask how we're feeling let alone taking care of us, and when he's sick, he acts like baby wanting attention which we reluctantly give for the sake of God coz in all sincerity, he doesn't deserve it.
Whenever I'm at sch, I can call my dad for weeks and he would be comfortable not picking, ignoring my calls. He has never for once call me to check up on me at sch except once in a while when he has something to ask.
I'm fed up of his nonchalant ways.
So, him and my mum had little argue today, and he decided to leave home, because my mum rented our apartment ( a room self) my mum has been pushed to wall and she had to just speak her mind today, and he decided to leave.
I didn't make any attempt to stop him because I'm pained.
Everyone, have I done something wrong by not stopping him?
You and your mum did the right thing.
He is a liability, let him go. One less mouth to worry about.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Rechargeam247(f): 9:21am On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:

Please don't take sides

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Wawelexy(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2022
I won't judge this man yet, I mean who doesn't care about the well being of his biological children, was he like that from onset? Who knows maybe the man discovered the hidden secrete... Talk to your mom very well, she might knows the cause of her husband behaviour but hide it from you and plays the victim card, women are pro in this....

Just saying, might be wrong

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by libertyfather(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2022
If everything you type up there is true ...let him go

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Cornerstone2018: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2022
You should be grateful

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2022
zeuss:
You did the ryt thing....the man is evil
Pls, don't insult him... He's still my father. I don't just like his nonchalant behavior

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2022
Jennyclay:
Biko, let the irresponsible man go.

Is not as if you & your mother were benefitting anything from the supposed "head of family". Biko, let him get lost.

What is really wrong with men in this country? Haba!

In a relationship, He can't take good care of his girlfriend.. He enters into marriage, he can't still take good care of your wife & children undecided undecided. Kilode!!

Nawa oo
No foul words pls.
I just want to know if I did the right thing
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:

Please don't take sides

What are you saying? You better know what you would say.
My mum is not even the kind of mother who would spoil father to his children. In fact, whenever I want to react based on his behaviors, my mum cautions me.
I once reacted badly towards him and my mum kneeled to beg and order me to seek his forgiveness else she will never forgive me.
I'm not taking sides, but even the blind knows my mum isn't a bad person. He himself knows, but he's just that way( no thanks to his up bringing).
My mum didn't even and I know will never ask him to leave, but he decided to, thinking I would stop acting like a victim, not knowing I'm even pained than my mum.
So, don't even go there.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:39am On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:

Please don't take sides

Pls, what kind of reason could make someone not concerned about his children?
Your comment is just annoying.... I'm sorry to say.

Mitchewww

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by nicerod(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

What are you saying? You better know what you would say.
My mum is not even the kind of mother who would spoil father to his children. In fact, whenever I want to react based on his behaviors, my mum cautions me.
I once reacted badly towards him and my mum kneeled to beg and order me to seek his forgiveness else she will never forgive me.
I'm not taking sides, but even the blind knows my mum isn't a bad person. He himself knows, but he's just that way( no thanks to his up bringing).
My mum didn't even and I know will never ask him to leave, but he decided to, thinking I would stop acting like a victim, not knowing I'm even pained than my mum.
So, don't even go there.

I'm not staying with

I'm not judging you

Just advising u not to takes sides .
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2022
libertyfather:
If everything you type up there is true ...let him go
In fact, I'm mincing my words. Those are just tips of iceberg compared to what he does.
I'm not perfect, my mum is not, but hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Jennyclay(f): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

No foul words pls.
I just want to know if I did the right thing
point out the foul words in my write up?
My dear, your father is irresponsible and you did the right thing by letting him go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Redoil: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

Pls, what kind of reason could make someone not concerned about his children?
Your comment is just annoying.... I'm sorry to say.

Mitchewww
maybe you and your siblings are not his biological children
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:

I'm not staying with

I'm not judging you

Just advising u not to takes sides .

I understand you asking me not to take sides, but stating there could be a reason why a father wouldn't care for is children is sounds annoying

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by nicerod(m): 9:43am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

I understand you asking me not to take sides, but stating there could be a reason why a father wouldn't care for is children is sounds annoying

Only God knows

Maybe ur mum offended him in the past
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:43am On Dec 28, 2022
Redoil:

maybe you and your siblings are not his biological children
Yinmu....
He do say it that he can vouch for my mum anywhere. He's just being nonchalant

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by mployer(m): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Wawelexy:
I won't judge this man yet, I mean who doesn't care about the well being of his biological children, was he like that from onset? Who knows maybe the man discovered the hidden secrete... Talk to your mom very well, she might knows the cause of her husband behaviour but hide it from you and plays the victim card, women are pro in this....

Just saying, might be wrong

Stop talking nonsense. Some men are plain irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:

Only God knows

Maybe ur mum offended him in the past

You no get point oga. Not taking sides with my mum, but I'm no kid. I'm 23 approaching 24. He knows my mum is a prize to him. He's just doesn't deserve my mum. In fact, I've been resisting the urge to ask my mum why she ended up with him.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by nicerod(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

You no get point oga. Not taking sides with my mum, but I'm no kid. I'm 23 approaching 24. He knows my mum is a prize to him. He's just doesn't deserve my mum. In fact, I've been resisting the urge to ask my mum why she ended up with him.

It is well o
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by AchichaMmuo: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2022
No, why would you want to stop him, let him go! I hate irresponsible fathers. Let him go and you guys should not bother asking after him, encourage your mom to be strong emotionally. From what you wrote, the man seems not to be useful at all. Who ignores his children's call and don't bother to call back. Omo people dey. Let him go, if una go beg am to come back, that man will show una more pepper.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Foodqueen(f): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2022
Someone dash him plenty money for Xmas, that's why he look for smaii excuse to leave,

He will be back when he has finish the money on him.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Justbehave(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2022
Mad people. Una don gather to finish the man but on the thread were a mother is beating her sick husband and aiding her 16 years daughter olosho work,non of Una condemn her. Hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Wawelexy(m): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2022
mployer:

Stop talking nonsense. Some men are plain irresponsible.

So why the insults now, must you insults to proof a point?
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Foodqueen:
Someone dash him plenty money for Xmas, that's why he look for smaii excuse to leave,

He will be back when he has finish the money on him.
Lol
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2022
Justbehave:
Mad people. Una don gather to finish the man but on the thread were a mother is beating her sick husband and aiding her 16 years daughter olosho work,non of Una condemn her. Hypocrites.
I don't know that, and if truly the thread is real, the mother is indirectly laying curse on her children.
My mum do tell me all the thing she tolerates from my dad is solely because of her children

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Justbehave(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

I don't know that, and if truly the thread is real, the mother is indirectly laying curse on her children.
My mum do tell me all the thing she tolerates from my dad is solely because of her children
Lol. You are wondering if that thread is real because a woman is involved but you want us to see yours as real? I just dey look Una. Continue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives / 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress / Post Pregnancy Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.