Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? (3545 Views)

Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him / Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2022
Justbehave:
Lol. You are wondering if that thread is real because a woman is involved but you want us to see yours as real? I just dey look Una. Continue.
If you do not understand me, I don't waste my time repeating myself. You may think whatever you want

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Justbehave(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

If you do not understand me, I don't waste my time repeating myself. You may think whatever you want
Bleep you with your made up story.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by prof0fficial111: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

I don't know that, and if truly the thread is real, the mother is indirectly laying curse on her children.
My mum do tell me all the thing she tolerates from my dad is solely because of her children

Logically if your mum tolerates your dad's attitudes because of the children, that means the marriage would have ended long ago if it were childless.

Logically your mum doesn't love your dad
Or vise versa

Logically the marriage was built on a wrong intention
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2022
prof0fficial111:

Logically if your mum tolerates your dad's attitudes because of the children, that means the marriage would have ended long ago if it were childless.

Or vise versa

1) The mum is tolerating the irresponsible man because she doesn't want to break her home and the single mother tag on her and her kids

2) How do you expect the mum to continue to love an irresponsible man?

3) The marriage was not built on a wrong intention, instead, the continuous existence of the marriage is built on a wrong intention, it should have ended a long time ago.

Therefore, your logic is senseless.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Nicepoker(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Look for him. Just the two of you, ask him what exactly is wrong and why his nonchalant behavior. He will open a lot to you. From there you will know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
prof0fficial111:

Or vise versa

What she meant is, if she treat him exactly the way he treats her, it may affect her children's future. Hence, that's why she's been careful about her behavior towards him
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jovialjune1:

1) The mum is tolerating the irresponsible man because she doesn't want to break her home and the single mother tag on her and her kids

3) The marriage was not built on a wrong intention, instead, the continuous existence of the marriage is built on a wrong intention, it should have ended a long time ago.

I wonder o
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nicepoker:
Look for him. Just the two of you, ask him what exactly is wrong and why his nonchalant behavior. He will open a lot to you. From there you will know what to do.
Lol...
It's part of him. Countlessly, I've spoken to as daughter to father. That's the way he has chosen to live his life

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:
There must be a reason he's not showing concerned about his children.

Please don't take sides

I pray God provides for ur needs

What stupid reason would a father has not to take cares of his own children? He he abandoned his wife no problems.moreover he must take care of her for nursing his children for him since they leave under the same roof

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by jimmychang: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:
I shouldn't say this but my dad doesn't care. He doesn't give a hoot about us. My mum, despite the little she has, she shoulders 99% of the responsibility at home. This is not something told by my mum, but something we the children witness with our own eyes. In the course of fulfilling this responsibility, it has drained her shop.
My dad, at times when he has money he hides it in hidden parts of his wallets which my mum sees ( although she doesn't take form the money).
My dad just doesn't give a hoot. Whenever we're sick, my dad doesn't even ask how we're feeling let alone taking care of us, and when he's sick, he acts like baby wanting attention which we reluctantly give for the sake of God coz in all sincerity, he doesn't deserve it.
Whenever I'm at sch, I can call my dad for weeks and he would be comfortable not picking, ignoring my calls. He has never for once call me to check up on me at sch except once in a while when he has something to ask.
I'm fed up of his nonchalant ways.
So, him and my mum had little argue today, and he decided to leave home, because my mum rented our apartment ( a room self) my mum has been pushed to wall and she had to just speak her mind today, and he decided to leave.
I didn't make any attempt to stop him because I'm pained.
Everyone, have I done something wrong by not stopping him?

Do you look like your dad?
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by dobnina(f): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Foodqueen:
Someone dash him plenty money for Xmas, that's why he look for smaii excuse to leave,

He will be back when he has finish the money on him.
I feel this is the real reason y he left.
Lol
He will be back after enjoying himself.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
I know how you feel.

I guess his business is not fine (correct me) and poverty is the reason he doesn't care (I'm sorry if my words hurt you).

He doesn't have a high EQ and his best way to cure depression is to be nonchalant. Instead of him to be closer to you guys (especially your mum).

May I ask how does he relate with you guys when he got a few money??

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
I know how you feel.

I guess his business is not fine (correct me) and poverty is the reason he doesn't care (I'm sorry if my words hurt you).

He doesn't have a high EQ and his best way to cure depression is to be nonchalant. Instead of him to be closer to you guys (especially your mum).

May I ask how does he relate with you guys when he got a few money??
Hardly
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
jimmychang:

Do you look like your dad?
Yes
Height ( they are so tall in their family which is not in my mum's), he's dark, I'm. Even with other features which people have commented on severally

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

Hardly

Okay, not like he doesn't right?

Well at least he was helpful those times. You could use that as a point for your mum. Who knows when next he could helpful. At the most critical time?? No one knows (even though he hardly spend). He's still part of the family. Infact the head.

Try to talk to your mom. Call your dad too. Tell him how sad you are.

To cap it, make sure you work hard. Be successful. If you will marry, look before you do. Marry a good man.

Good luck
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Okay, not like he doesn't right?

Well at least he was helpful those times. You could use that as a point for your mum. Who knows when next he could helpful. At the most critical time?? No one knows (even though he hardly spend). He's still part of the family. Infact the head.

Try to talk to your mom. Call your dad too. Tell him how sad you are.

To cap it, make sure you work hard. Be successful. If you will marry, look before you do. Marry a good man.

Good luck
Thank you. I appreciate your advise

1 Like

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aladdin1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Let him go.when you need him.you would look for him.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by zeuss: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

Pls, don't insult him... He's still my father. I don't just like his nonchalant behavior
emotions aside the man gives no Bleep about you or your good mother. You think you are normal and balanced right now? Sorry but you cannot understand the emotional, mental abuse and damage he is inflicting on you and your mother until something happens. he will easily use you guys for miney ritual should the opportunity present and so i calld him evil.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by prof0fficial111: 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Now logic aside...

let's review your point 2.

Love is not to be reciprocated, any human deserves love. That's why Jesus teaches us in the Bible thus:

Mathew 5:44

(King James Bible version)
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
zeuss:

emotions aside the man gives no Bleep about you or your good mother. You think you are normal and balanced right now? Sorry but you cannot understand the emotional, mental abuse and damage he is inflicting on you and your mother until something happens. he will easily use you guys for miney ritual should the opportunity present and so i calld him evil.
God forbid..... Abeg sad
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Truvelisback(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:
I shouldn't say this but my dad doesn't care. He doesn't give a hoot about us. My mum, despite the little she has, she shoulders 99% of the responsibility at home. This is not something told by my mum, but something we the children witness with our own eyes. In the course of fulfilling this responsibility, it has drained her shop.
My dad, at times when he has money he hides it in hidden parts of his wallets which my mum sees ( although she doesn't take form the money).
My dad just doesn't give a hoot. Whenever we're sick, my dad doesn't even ask how we're feeling let alone taking care of us, and when he's sick, he acts like baby wanting attention which we reluctantly give for the sake of God coz in all sincerity, he doesn't deserve it.
Whenever I'm at sch, I can call my dad for weeks and he would be comfortable not picking, ignoring my calls. He has never for once call me to check up on me at sch except once in a while when he has something to ask.
So, him and my mum had little argue today, and he decided to leave home, because my mum rented our apartment ( a room self) my mum has been pushed to wall and she had to just speak her mind today, and he decided to leave.
Let him be. It is good u didn't stop him. I would advice that u and ur siblings should support ur mum financially also learn skills. Ur dad will come back. However, i would have love to hear his side of story. Something must have prompted him to do these things.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Truvelisback:
Let him be. It is good u didn't stop him. I would advice that u and ur siblings should support ur mum financially also learn skills. Ur dad will come back. However, i would have love to hear his side of story. Something must have prompted him to do these things.
Nothing prompted him...at least not from us. He just wasn't trained to know his responsibilities as a man
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Truvelisback(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

Nothing prompted him...at least not from us. He just wasn't trained to know his responsibilities as a man
Was he this way when he newly got married to ur mum?
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:

Speak to your dad. I am certain there is a reason.

When I was teaching at a school in North Central, there was a man who was working in Abuja, but had family in the community where I was teaching.

The two children were always sent out of school every time instructions go to we teachers to drive school fees defaulters out of the school compound.

These children didn't look hungry. So I was moved to ask the elder one (a girl) why they were always defaulting. She said their mother said their father does not have money. But somehow I found out that their father was comfortable and that their mother is a fashionista (a tailor by profession).

In summary, kasala burst one day. The man came to school and caused a scene. Apparently, he had always sent school fees on time, but the mother was using it to buy wrappers. She was always present in every gathering of tailors in the city. Yet, her children were already associated with school fees debt.

Speak to your father. Are you sure he doesn't give your mother money for your upkeeps? Are you also sure he doesn't give a damn when you are sick or he is just not the type of man.

Try and speak to him. I am not saying your mother is bad. But you, the children, may be misinterpreting body languages.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nicepoker:

Sense no go kill you.

The only wise response on this thread.

I am afraid the OP is a female. Pretty bad lot of them think with their heart instead of their head.

If she is 23yrs, she should answer the question if her dad was like this during her adolescent years. What went wrong and where did things began going south?

What kind of business or source of money does her pop has? What was his relationship like with her mum before now?

If she really need answers, she needs to cool down and ask him personally. But wetin our women got. Nag
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
prof0fficial111:

Now logic aside...

let's review your point 2.

Love is not to be reciprocated, any human deserves love. That's why Jesus teaches us in the Bible thus:

Mathew 5:44

(King James Bible version)
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

What is this one saying?

Can you love everyone same way you love your wife?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Speak to your dad. I am certain there is a reason.

When I was teaching at a school in North Central, there was a man who was working in Abuja, but had family in the community where I was teaching.

The two children were always sent out of school every time instructions go to we teachers to drive school fees defaulters out of the school compound.

These children didn't look hungry. So I was moved to ask the elder one (a girl) why they were always defaulting. She said their mother said their father does not have money. But somehow I found out that their father was comfortable and that their mother is a fashionista (a tailor by profession).

In summary, kasala burst one day. The man came to school and caused a scene. Apparently, he had always sent school fees on time, but the mother was using it to buy wrappers. She was always present in every gathering of tailors in the city. Yet, her children were already associated with school fees debt.

Speak to your father. Are you sure he doesn't give your mother money for your upkeeps? Are you also sure he doesn't give a damn when you are sick or he is just not the type of man.

Try and speak to him. I am not saying your mother is bad. But you, the children, may be misinterpreting body languages.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing is hidden to me. U won't understand
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Aduke23(f): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

Sense no go kill you.

The only wise response on this thread.

I am afraid the OP is a female. Pretty bad lot of them think with their heart instead of their head.

If she is 23yrs, she should answer the question if her dad was like this during her adolescent years. What went wrong and where did things began going south?

What kind of business or source of money does her pop has? What was his relationship like with her mum before now?

If she really need answers, she needs to cool down and ask him personally. But wetin our women got. Nag
He has always been like this since I was kid. In fact, he only just started living with us around 2018.
All of my childhood, he only comes home once in 4months. Not because he does any job that requires that.
The matter is complicated.
I'm done explaining
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:
I'm fed up of his nonchalant ways. So, him and my mum had little argue today, and he decided to leave home, because my mum rented our apartment ( a room self) my mum has been pushed to wall and she had to just speak her mind today, and he decided to leave.
I didn't make any attempt to stop him because I'm pained. Everyone, have I done something wrong by not stopping him?
You have done nothing wrong! It seems the man has already abandoned his responsibilities a long time before this move, so what exactly could you have done to make him stay? Nothing!. However, do inform your mother that she can now take legal measures to ensure the man is forced to own up to his responsibilities both as her spouse and also as father to his kids.

https://www.nairaland.com/7492801/abandon-spouse-go-jail-three
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aduke23:
Don't take sides yet.
Start by asking your mom if your DAD is actually your Dad and if not so, try and verify when your mom had you and others?

DNA TEST has proven a lot.
I have seen Mothers lie
I have seen Mothers in Law lie about their daughters virginity and maternity status.
Don't conclude yet. Women give surprises a lot
Verify and take your decision
My humble take.

LIFE STORY
I have attended to a middle aged woman who went about assassinating the character of her husband, claiming her hubby gave her HIV. Female NURSES on duty joined to hurl insults on this man. We now invited the man for blood screening since we had earlier told him he would be donating to his child (which he obliged without hesitation ). Lo & Behold, his HIV came out NEGATIVE and same Nurses who hurled insults at the man swiftly turned around to finish this woman. They devoured her.

At some point the man was confused at the sudden hatred towards his wife. Ethically, we didn't inform him of his wife's status. Rather we compelled his wife to do so and failure to comply will ignite the wrath of the management board and legal unit.

So, I have a whole lot of stories from personal experiences. I don't rush to believe women.
Not that we don't have stupid men, we do too.
Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
prof0fficial111:

Or vise versa. Logically the marriage was built on a wrong intention
Logically, these assertions of yours are born of bullsheet! undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him? by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
nicerod:
There must be a reason he's not showing concerned about his children.
Please don't take sides
I pray God provides for ur needs
What does it matter what the reasons are though? He has a family which he is meant to be responsible for but refused to. Or do you think it is OK to refuse to care for kids who are under your care just because you think they are not yours or something? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Be A Full Housewife? / Women Pray For Their Spouse But The Men Send Theirs Packing When Caught Cheating / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.