Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris (2496 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by Joagbaje(m): 8:12am On Sep 02, 2011
. . .Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. (Psalms 133:1-3).

As a child of God you’re a member of God’s family, and it’s expedient for you to find your place in God’s house and contribute meaningfully. Now, in your bid to function in the house of God, you may join certain activity groups, cells or teams where you work alongside other believers. If you’re in such teams, learn to be a team player. Always communicate with the rest of the team in such a way that lets them know you’re in agreement with them. If for any reason you’re not in agreement, express it in love so there will be no contention. Don’t assume they should know; always speak up and never let disunity persist.

When we dwell together in unity as believers God commands the blessing, even life forever more (Psalms 133). Therefore, be quick and apt to project unity because it produces power. In Genesis 11, we see how the whole world had one language and everyone functioned in unity. When they decided to build a tower that would reach into the heavens, God said

, “Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do” (Genesis 11:6).

This lets us know how much power there is in unity, and how much we can achieve for the Kingdom if we learn to work together. We must therefore learn to put our differences aside and pursue the Master’s vision with singleness of purpose. Our passion and pursuit must be to see that the whole earth is covered with the knowledge of God’s Word as the waters cover the sea. We must stand in one spirit, with one mind, and strive together for the faith of the Gospel (Philippians 1:27).

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me a member of the greatest family ever – the family of God! I walk worthy of the vocation wherewith I’m called, with all submissiveness and meekness, forbearing with my fellow brothers and sisters in love, and endeavouring to keep unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Ephesians 4:1-3
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by Joagbaje(m): 12:11am On Sep 07, 2011
Why is nobody saying anything , . . ,
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by nlMediator: 3:37am On Sep 07, 2011
It's a good message. But the unity is not only intra-denominational. But the unity of all christians. We should be able to love all christians equally. But many a time, christians show all the love in the world to their church members but treat those outside their particular church with disdain. Including those that left that church. When I was a student in Nigeria, christians from different fellowships could come together once in a while to do things together and see themselves as part of one family. Today, one can be in a church with zero interaction with other christians, let alone treating them as family members.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by PastorKun(m): 7:09am On Sep 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

Why is nobody saying anything , . . ,

Cause you the OP and your mentor are part of the cancerous part of the body that should be cut off and not encouraged to spread your poison to other parts of the body.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by italo: 7:31am On Sep 07, 2011
Excuse me, how do you know God's house when there are more than 33,000 christian groups and they all preach different things. Pls try to make your answer short and straight to the point. I find it difficult discussing many issues at the same time.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by Enigma(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2011
In the past, when people pointed out that Oyakhilome and Chris Embassy do not allow books and materials of other Christian writers in their "churches" and bookshops, this same Joagbaje told us that why should Chris Embassy allow its members to be contaminated by these other Christian writers.

This is of course based on a second nonsensical and hypocritical attitude that Oyakhilome and Chris Embassy have greater truths while other Christians only have lesser truths.

Even in that Nigeria, which other "pastor" does Oyakhilome associate with --- other than T B Joshua?

Finally, why would any biblically informed or knowledgeable Christian want to associate with Chris Embassy: the boss Oyakhilome preaches a shed load of heresy and error (let's even assume for once that he is not a charlatan); members of the "church" go about stealing money all over the place and give the money to the "church", yet Oyakhilome is not ashamed to say the church has no duty to refund the money. Come on --- even non-Christians of integrity know better than that.

So yes, I saw the message when it was first posted here; I just kept quiet about it until now that comments were asked for.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by Jenwitemi(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2011
There will never be unity in the christian "body", never ever. It is a curse that will follow the religion to it's eventual grave. Any religion that is divisive in it's nature, will keep dividing itself in the process as well.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by nuclearboy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
@Jenwitemi:

Its not an Old Students Association or a club but rather a system of belief. Since God approaches each of us as an individual, each true followers conception and exact experience will differ - its "his" fingerprint!

Those who wish for one united body forget the Christian allegory of Christ being Head and Christians members of the body. Would you have the toe share the existential experience of the kneecap or femur? It is those wishing for unity that have it wrong.
Re: Promote Unity In The Body. - pastor chris by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
unity in the body why are all pastors so sick-minded tongue

(1) (Reply)

Muskeeto, What Finally Made You An Atheist? / A Journey Through The Halls Of Hell / MY HERO! Messing With Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.