Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,387 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society (11005 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by GloriousGbola: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You mentioned TWO Presidents of the USA so I used well known conclusions drawn from data from data in that country. You can't dispute the data. It is what it is.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to why the negative tendencies you're pointing out exist in Nigeria. I have my own theories.

In the USA single family homes tend to be poor.

In Nigeria the vast majority of the population is poor, including traditional families. This is the overall controlling environment, debilitating poverty and DESPERATION.

Poverty tends to produce anti-social, self destructive and delinquent behavior.

Though most Nigerians on Nairaland claim that all Nigerians are rich and all Americans are poor...evidenced by the fact Americans have to borrow to make significant purchases.

grin grin grin grin

So it's a conundrum I suppose. Seriously, I've given you the answer. Poverty has turned the vast majority of Nigerians into immoral, selfish, VENGEFUL and anti-social people....both men and women and most especially the university graduates.

Which is why I have pointed out that it is far more nuanced than the op is claiming.

It is however more than poverty as these traits have been evident right from the 80s.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You mentioned TWO Presidents of the USA so I used well known conclusions drawn from data from data in that country. You can't dispute the data. It is what it is.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to why the negative tendencies you're pointing out exist in Nigeria. I have my own theories.

In the USA single family homes tend to be poor.

In Nigeria the vast majority of the population is poor, including traditional families. This is the overall controlling environment, debilitating poverty and DESPERATION.

Poverty tends to produce anti-social, self destructive and delinquent behavior.

Though most Nigerians on Nairaland claim that all Nigerians are rich and all Americans are poor...evidenced by the fact Americans have to borrow to make significant purchases.

grin grin grin grin

So it's a conundrum I suppose. Seriously, I've given you the answer. Poverty has turned the vast majority of Nigerians into immoral, selfish, VENGEFUL and anti-social people....both men and women and most especially the university graduates.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahaha
They are extremely delusional

Indeed poverty is a bastard. They underestimated the multidimensional debilitating effect of puvaty on a nation

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by shantti(m): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
atheistandproud:

I am against FLOGGING OF KIDS because many people

1. don't know how to
2. overdo it
3. only do it when they're angry and transfer aggression.

The problem is not the removal of caning, see the language I used right?

Caning or other sorts of corporal punishments represent consequences. The aim was to teach kids that actions have consequences.

The removal of the consequences of bad actions is where the issue lies. Even here in Nigeria too, in 2018 I swore I would never teach in secondary schools again when a mother came to defend her indefensible child who brazenly broke school rules.

If a child thinks that their actions have no consequences, what do think they'll do? They'll explore more and push the envelope until you see stories like a 7 year old shooting the teacher because she put him in time out.

Ok
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by IbeOkehie: 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
atheistandproud:

I admit it. We need a reset but that ship has long sailed.

So true. So sad. Everyone bargain for what they can get in the marketplace. Everyone is on their own, judge and jury of your own fate.

The world is a dangerous and different very place from what we all know it was or could be. The future is ominous.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by IbeOkehie: 9:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is however more than poverty as these traits have been evident right from the 80s.

Nigeria AND the Nigerian populace have ALWAYS been poor AND underdeveloped. For clarity, please consult an economics text for the proper meaning of DEVELOPMENT. So the same causes today are the same causes in the 1980's

Let me emphasize it - there has NEVER been a time when the Nigerian populace hasn't been EXTREMELY poor. The poverty has only gotten worse and worse over the years.

That Nigeria was EVER rich or the people EVER prosperous is a myth and fallacy that has contributed greatly to the destruction of that country.

Nigeria has ALWAYS been poor! And as I read and interact with Nigerians, I'm more and more convinced the country and people will remain that way for a very loooong time to come. This is a very important truth to accept and grapple with.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by atheistandproud(m): 9:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
IbeOkehie:

So true. So sad. Everyone bargain for what they can get in the marketplace. Everyone is on their own, judge and jury of your own fate.

The world is a dangerous and different very placesfrom what we all know it was or could be. The future is ominous.

I know where and when to cash out lol.

The future is truly pregnant.

4 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by DonroxyII: 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Wow Love this
I'm in the Future Already Bro grin

3 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by IbeOkehie: 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
atheistandproud:

I know where and when to cash out lol.

The future is truly pregnant.

If the future is a pregnant person....not necessarily a woman, it's likely a single parent. That's for sure.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
Stawner16:
Damn, man's not getting any younger... Those were the days before social media and western wokeness ruined the fabrics of genuine inter-human relationships and decency.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Aboguede(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
atheistandproud:

Exceptions do not make the rule.

Now repeat that to yourself.

I am not early to the conversation sha.

Obama was actually raised by 2 parents at most or basically which is the foundation.

His mother married an Indonesian Muslim and they migrated there till Obama was 12.

That is why his name is hussein.

No time to write much though.

Nigeria's problems are multidimensional poverty., in real time, educational poverty and u will be supprised at the rate and level if u pay more attention.

4 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by DropsMic(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
Exactly how Jim crow of America destroyed the black family. Till today they still haven't recovered
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by IbeOkehie: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
DropsMic:
Exactly how Jim crow of America destroyed the black family. Till today they still haven't recovered

Sorry it wasn't Jim Crow that did it. Blacks stuck together more under the stresses of those times. In 1950 over 75% of Black children were born into two parent homes, today 75% are born to single parents. It was Great Society Welfare programs starting around 1965 that degraded the American family, not just Blacks. Go and check.

6 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Chidibe212(f): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
atheistandproud:

I avoided replying you because you plucked something nonexistent out of thin air and presented it as though it was what I said (strawman). A very common argumentative tactic used on Nairaland.

No where did I state that a family is a marriage. Even a child in elementary school could easily make that simple distinction.

A family is a unit made up of two parents and kids. All academic and medical studies on the subject shows that children do best in a two parent home.

Whatever agreement that both parents have as regards their union is up to them. Whether it's a legal arrangement or an informal partnership. That is up to them.

When that union is split and one parent is left raising the kids, children tend to perform and turn out worse than those in 2 parent homes. Hence the use of the term "divorce".

Divorce is only one of the several reasons stated in the entire article. The others which includes:

1. Glorification of money
2. Setting of unattainable standards by socalled celebrity relationship coaches.
3. Such standards gladly enforced by women

All of which militate against the formation of new families.

4. Breaking down of preexisting families
5. Poor parenting of kids
6. Poor role models for kids

Children growing up under such conditions do very poorly and make up the nucleus of the next generation of the society.

Thus as a result society collapses.

OP nawa o, the way you are attacking the person that asked you a question so as to understand the direction of your article is uncalled for....

Now listen, you can not "DIVORCE" if you are not legally married to someone. I agree with you that parenting by two persons in raising their kids does not necessarily dwell in marriage but if you use the word "DIVORCE" for two people that are not legally married the it's wrong. Check the meaning of divorce.

Note..when a person asks you a question without conclusion then that person is asking just to know the angle you are coming from because one sentence can mean a thousand thing.

Peace ✌️
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kayclite: 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
atheistandproud:

And you don finally bring your leg out. Single parenthood doesn't need your defense but here we are.

It is false equivalence to equate spousal abandonment of the past to the willful separation of the present. If we were go back statistics, the number of people raised in single parent before the 2000s was only a minute fraction of the society. A very tiny fraction when compared to monogamists and polygamists.

So if it was prevalent your community, I empathize with you but I cannot relate. Where I grew up and the family I came from, I can trace my linage back 6 generations and I know where my great grandfather is buried. He died in 1965. It's embossed on his tomb.

The explosion in willful single motherhood began in the 2000s and has further gone on. Young men are picking up baby mama culture and young ladies are joining the bandwagon, having multiple children from different men.

What makes it worse is that we do not even have a welfare system to look after these single parent families like they do in the USA.

Children in single parent homes turn out worse. I see it everywhere around now. Zero parental control, zero discipline, zero comportment.

These are the adults of tomorrow. Here you are defending the slide into degeneracy. Continue.

Na why I like Nigeria. No policy here dey encourage excessive liberalism. Most western schemes are already dead on arrival.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kayclite: 11:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
DonroxyII:
All the Odds established are all Effect of Globalisation and Everything is in Order for there is no any cause of alarm to me ....

These are all as a result of Global Cultural Clashes and Cultural Wars going on ....

In this dispensation Many People would die due to lack of preparation and inability to respond to contemporary Challenges of the world because the tools to respond is not in the Gearbox(Mental Faculty) of Many People ..

Nevertheless, The Next Generations of Humanbeing Would Come Prepared as you can see Many Children are Born Woke .....

Globalisation is the Peak of Human Civilisations then the dust would settle with Globalised Laws and Norms then Families would Be Settled and Societies is Settled...

Incidence of BabyMama would be Abolished because the cost of Babymama would be higher than the cost of Marriage while Divorce would be stringent because the cost of Divorce would be higher than the cost of marriage..

Abandon your responsibilities and go to Jail as a Man or Woman ...

You can't born more than your income bracket. Children would be on Allocation based on Income Bracket not Mere discretion...

Polygamy would be Promoted based on Income Bracket same with Polyhandry all based on Income Bracket ....

Eggs would be freezed until couples are ready for fertilisation...

The World would be ruled by Sciences not mere Spiritualism

Welcome to Heaven on Earth

This is exactly the opposite of heaven.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kayclite: 12:22am On Feb 14, 2023
Crumbian:

Your own Nigeria must be in alternate universe for you make that "single parents were a norm even back in the 80s" claim.

Do you even know what a "norm" is?
That "capping" where they "gaslight" you to accept a reality that does not exist and never existed. Proudly brought to you by fake "Wokeism"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by cococandy(f): 1:00am On Feb 14, 2023
Their perfect society is one full of their fellow misogynists and token desperate pick me girls who will okay or ignore all their insidiously hateful rhetoric towards women

GloriousGbola:

We have always had armed robbers, killer cops, greedy politicians, cultists, and terrorists.

Where did they come from?

70% of this country is people living below the poverty line. Where did these poor people come from?

But you know the biggest indictment of this ridiculous theory? The army of budding Nigerian youth misogynists raised in traditional family units. In spite of the so called traditional family unit they are raised in the hate women and will justify celebrate and defend violence against women of all ages.

They somehow have bad things to say about all women except their mothers

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by JoshuaSG: 1:09am On Feb 14, 2023
The point raised by the OP is a disturbing development that is turning Nigera into a society of uncultured people, who can not aid its development but collapse it. The argument is this: A society with a poor parenting family system breeds uncultured children. And soon, the society becomes a place where a moral-deficient leader lead the moraless.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Gerrard59(m): 1:11am On Feb 14, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Personality disorder is real, the ability to shift goal post at will, depending on where the wind blows per week, is a constant reoccurance for them boys here

All of a sudden, baby mamaism isn't the IN thing anymore to nl resident males, I thought y'all said it is better to have kids outside marriage than marrying Nigerian ladies?

What happened to "Marriage doesn't benefit men only women" regular banter on here? I guess sensibility chooses when it will manifest once in a blue moon, before going back to default daftness and senselessness that is rampant for y'all

Bleh......

I laugh when supporters of baby-mamaism say it is the best thing since slice bread. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Dshocker(m): 1:13am On Feb 14, 2023
atheistandproud:
The collapse of the family structure in society will always predate the collapse of a society. This is usually one of the signs to look out for. In communities where the family structure has completely broken down, society deteriorates with it.

You can't fix this one with a swoosh of a magic wand.(donotcopy) This is because this problem is a oroborosian one. The breakdown of the family structure exacerbates the breakdown of society which in turn causes the family structure to breakdown even faster.

In Nigeria here, with the introduction of celebrity culture and the internet going into full swing at some point in the mid 2000s, it only served to worsen and spread(donotcopy) one of the worst tendencies that we have...the worship of money.

Throw Instagram in several years later and a corner has been turned. The first victims of this were unfortunately young people. The ladies in particular who were bombarded with images (usually enhanced or fake) of an unattainable life led by the 1%. They soon imbibed it and made it their standard.

Instagram celebrities like Linda Ikeji also added fuel to the fire. If he doesn't earn in dollars or in 6 figures, dump him. If he doesn't have a car, he's not your class(donotcopy). If he doesn't this, if he doesn't that etc. Soon the young men will fall victim and would now look to attain these standards set by Instagram celebrities and enforced by women. This is on top of the already bogus culture of bride price that extorts men.

If that wasn't bad enough, even people who were already married would choose to impose these standards on their long time spouses, both male and female.(donotcopy) Marriage is no longer about teamwork, it's now about getting one's way. If you don't have your way or you're not happy, DIVORCE!!!

With the hunt for money in full swing and a new phenomenon of divorce rapidly tearing through marriages, there's a whole generation of kids that do not know the comfort and stability of a 2-parent home. The single parents are too tired from working that they simply do not have the energy to parent their kids.

With poor leadership, ever disappearing jobs, zero opportunities etc.(donotcopy) There's only one way to reach these standards. Crime!

In many communities the glorification of crime, discouragement and suspicion of education, absenteeism of fathers (and mothers too), fewer opportunities, impoverished neighbourhoods etc. has become the norm(donotcopy).

Yahoo boys (internet fraudsters), 419-ers (local fraudsters), kidnappers, armed robbers, violent cultists, drug-dealers, ritualists, organ harvesters etc. have become role models for children whose parents have all but abdicated their responsibility.

Without the family structure to act as a buffer between these impressionable young minds and the cancer of societal vices, the hope of any future family structure for future generations tanks even further.

Because of the above, all of these things are factors that lead to a sort of trap that is very difficult to break free of because the young ones are, to all intents and purposes, born into it and will probably never escape it.

What you narrated here was the same topic i had with my guys last saturday.

I for one cannot and will never marry a girl that grew up with a single mother.

And we are fast imitating and adopting the western culture to a fault and our so called celebrities are leading the way and their fans who look up to them adopts same principles as norm.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Feb 14, 2023
JoshuaSG:
The point raised by the OP is a disturbing development that is turning Nigera into a society of uncultured people, who can not aid its development but collapse it. The argument is this: A society with a poor parenting family system breeds uncultured children. And soon, the society becomes a place where a moral-deficient leader lead the moraless.
When has your Nigeria not been exactly that though? At what point in the last 60 something years has your Nigeria not been this same uncultured mess that it continues to be even today? undecided

The other poster claimed that poverty is to blame for why Nigerians are the uncultured antisocial beings we see today, trend that has been observed since at least as far back as the 80s. So when exactly has Nigeria been this this nation of cultured individuals you lot keep alluding and what led to the transition from highly cultured to not? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by beyondbasicsng: 2:42am On Feb 14, 2023
marriages have been breaking down since time immemorial the Internet just made it more known!

I can categorically say I grew up knowing people whose parents weren't together back in the 90s and tbh many people stayed together and "endured" a life that literally destroyed the kids.

I've just heard that a friend refused to get married because his parents who had separated did a number on him. At some point this boy had a nervous breakdown and had to go to rehab! Another one has been married 3x! these are kids who grew up in the 90s!

For me, it's a really bad circle - I've kind of now believe that if you are from a broken home the likelihood that you will have one is also high!

In the North for instance (I'm from there btw) you could divorce easily and remarry without issues - but you're still carrying baggage.

Now imagine all those who grew up in the 90s with a warped family arrangement wherein mother will stay cos of the kids or wherein mother is beaten black and blue, abused, she's molested, she is striped naked etc n her kids see this! Well guess what they grow up to become abusers even worse the mother actually doesn't see their emotional abuse or narcissistic ways as abuse as long as they are not physical by all is abuse.

These kids are broken and are creating a circle of kids that would be broken in future as well - so please don't just say Internet has enhanced divorce and that kids of nowadays will not benefit from a stable home - divorce did exist many years ago and those who stayed created monsters who are still perpetuating mean ways on others!

Broken people break people!

PS: I am not a proponent of divorce, I am not divorced and is not smthing I will venture in in future but I was reminded that people do die in silence so please let us talk about these issues and create awareness about broken people, awful women who encourage bad behaviours and raise sons who then become monsters, let's talk about emotional, financial, physical, verbal abuse. Let's talk about all the ills that would not make a family work and let's also talk about boundaries - people should have clear boundaries that others should indeed accept!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by emmaodet: 3:15am On Feb 14, 2023
ibkayee:
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world, even if women wanted to only marry Nigerian men for money, statistically it wouldn’t even be feasible since there’s no money in the first place. So how can ‘glorification of money’ and 'unattainable lifestyle of celebs etc' be threatening the nuclear family unit when women are getting married to poor/average men every weekend. Also, marriage is too much of a social currency in Nigeria for people to be swayed by a few celebrities.

Can men take a bit of accountability for once, which one is they ‘fall victim and would now look to attain these standards set by Instagram celebrities and enforced by women’. So it’s women’s fault that men are harvesting the organs of friends and family in a bush somewhere to get rich?

I thought some of the main causes for divorce were things like infidelity, lack of communication, infertility blah blah blah.

And you actually think there is no pressure from modern women on men to attain a lifestyle that the man can't sustain?
I really wish it is possible for people to switch genders easily so as to know how hard and tough it is to be on the other side.
Do you know the constant pressure men are into just to be able to sustain a good relationship?
How many times have we approached ladies who will tell you you are not her taste or class just because we have no ride or a good apartment or a good job etc?
Are those not pressures?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Bfly: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2023
Since the advent of Social media, Humans began to experience decivilization. The concept of Family and Society don't appeal to us anymore.

To get people back to start considering these things is difficult to strategize. This is simply the progression of life.

In the name of utopia we create dystopia.

5 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Hassanmaye(m): 6:52am On Feb 14, 2023
cococandy:
Marriage doesn’t benefit men. Women are just entitled leeches who are looking for who to love, provide care for, contribute financially to, perform eternal acts of service to etc. Don’t tell us we need to preserve this institution that doesn’t serve me. At all. Preserve the family ke?
Will you shut up and worship the groud we walk on

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by atheistandproud(m): 7:43am On Feb 14, 2023
beyondbasicsng:
marriages have been breaking down since time immemorial the Internet just made it more known!

I can categorically say I grew up knowing people whose parents weren't together back in the 90s and tbh many people stayed together and "endured" a life that literally destroyed the kids.

I've just heard that a friend refused to get married because his parents who had separated did a number on him. At some point this boy had a nervous breakdown and had to go to rehab! Another one has been married 3x! these are kids who grew up in the 90s!

For me, it's a really bad circle - I've kind of now believe that if you are from a broken home the likelihood that you will have one is also high!

In the North for instance (I'm from there btw) you could divorce easily and remarry without issues - but you're still carrying baggage.

Now imagine all those who grew up in the 90s with a warped family arrangement wherein mother will stay cos of the kids or wherein mother is beaten black and blue, abused, she's molested, she is striped naked etc n her kids see this! Well guess what they grow up to become abusers even worse the mother actually doesn't see their emotional abuse or narcissistic ways as abuse as long as they are not physical by all is abuse.

These kids are broken and are creating a circle of kids that would be broken in future as well - so please don't just say Internet has enhanced divorce and that kids of nowadays will not benefit from a stable home - divorce did exist many years ago and those who stayed created monsters who are still perpetuating mean ways on others!

Broken people break people!

PS: I am not a proponent of divorce, I am not divorced and is not smthing I will venture in in future but I was reminded that people do die in silence so please let us talk about these issues and create awareness about broken people, awful women who encourage bad behaviours and raise sons who then become monsters, let's talk about emotional, financial, physical, verbal abuse. Let's talk about all the ills that would not make a family work and let's also talk about boundaries - people should have clear boundaries that others should indeed accept!

I like how level headed you are in your submission so I'll take a bite at attempting to address your point.

I think you have completely misread me. I didn't explicitly say that a 2-parent monogamous home was the ultimate utopia for child rearing.

I have stated in the comments here that it takes a village to raise a child, from parents to the lady at the shop up the street to the teachers at school to the uncles, aunts, friends, neighbors etc. The child becomes a more rounded individual due to exposure to these different characters. I grew up in that era where you don't dare mess up because several eyes will always be watching. It keep you safe but there's no privacy. Children don't need privacy anyways.

But in today's society, there's lots of overt perversion, abuse to kids and even risk to life so everyone needs to keep their children indoors. In the absence of the full community model, a 2 parent homestead is the best way to go despite it's shortcomings.

There's scientific and anecdotal evidence to prove that over 60% of children from a single parent has a much higher chance to become a prisoner, a criminal, or to do poorly in life when compared to those from a two parent home. Children from 2 parent homes tend to do better in and out of school. Look at the school shooters in America, especially the teenage ones, one of the most recent cases in Uvalde, Texas was a teenager who felt neglected by his mom and his school. He took it out on society.

Children from 2 parent homes can and will do poorly but these are in the minority. Children from single parent homes can also do well but they're in the minority and also if you check, the extended family or friends pitch in to help raise the child e.g. Barack Obama.

That's what I'm saying. I spend time between Benin and Warri and the rate of single ladies battling to juggle a job and a child and failing to do both is alarming! I mentioned this to my guys in Lagos and they also say it's already being the norm there for decades now.

These kids are easy prey for anyone with bad intentions as an overwhelming majority of these single mothers are raising these kids badly. Even when the kids do some stupid shit and get into trouble, there's no discipline or talking to. Instead the mothers will shield and defend them hence promoting these behaviors. As a former senior secondary school teacher (I quit 4 years ago), most of the difficult children with behavior issues were from single parent homes. I didn't just wake to spew shit out of my ass.

I don't care about Nairaland's male vs female fight. This is my real account, had for 7 years now.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by felixzo1(m): 7:59am On Feb 14, 2023
atheistandproud:

And you don finally bring your leg out. Single parenthood doesn't need your defense but here we are.

It is false equivalence to equate spousal abandonment of the past to the willful separation of the present. If we were go back statistics, the number of people raised in single parent before the 2000s was only a minute fraction of the society. A very tiny fraction when compared to monogamists and polygamists.

So if it was prevalent your community, I empathize with you but I cannot relate. Where I grew up and the family I came from, I can trace my linage back 6 generations and I know where my great grandfather is buried. He died in 1965. It's embossed on his tomb.

The explosion in willful single motherhood began in the 2000s and has further gone on. Young men are picking up baby mama culture and young ladies are joining the bandwagon, having multiple children from different men.

What makes it worse is that we do not even have a welfare system to look after these single parent families like they do in the USA.

Children in single parent homes turn out worse. I see it everywhere around now. Zero parental control, zero discipline, zero comportment.

These are the adults of tomorrow. Here you are defending the slide into degeneracy. Continue.
I admire your intelligence, you have my respect

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 14, 2023
This Post finally made Front Page.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 14, 2023
atheistandproud:

I am only responsible for what I say, not what you interprete/understand.

If that's what you got, then I have no energy to correct you.

You're right. Cheers.

Great Reply.

Kindly stop engaging St**id People. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2023
oldienavie:

Reading this just makes you understand the problem with Nigeria, a warped educational system leading to a significant reduction in the IQ of the vast majority of the populace.
This is why we have so many religious houses yet, corruption, stealing, murder, yahoo yahoo is very prevalent in our society.

You do not need the bible or quran to tell you that stealing is wrong, the God that you claim to serve has given you a brain, use it and stop behaving like a zombie.

The most peaceful prosperous nations in this world are those that the majority of the population are athiests, but again, I don't expect you to understand, the average Nigerian does not have the capacity for critical thinking.
We prefer to spend our time praying and fasting and waiting for miracles to happen while we steal and loot the government and scheme how to take advantage of our neighbour rather than brainstorming on how to make our country better.

I laughed so hard when I read this comment yesterday lolgrin

This Is Unarguably the best comment of this Year so Fargrin

I wanted to comment but an Urgent Meeting came Up which I had to attend.

I actually don't know what to say anymore to the Crop of Habitants in that place called Nigeria. Very Terrible, Evil and Stupid set of Beings.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 14, 2023
atheistandproud:

You seem to be all over the place in a quest to debunk, so I cannot clearly see the point that you're trying to make.

I wrote about absentee parents but I guess that clearly went over your head.

Imagine equating corruption and greed to bad parenting. Seeing your username, why am I even surprised?

You're the one who's trying to simplify a complex issue so that that you can do a debunk and go on a non-existent victory march feeling smug for yourself.

Seeing as it is that I have no intention of entertaining your shenanigans, this is my last reply to you. Peace.

You are Intellectually Savagegrin

Imagine of all Names in the world. Someone choose to call himself Gbola lolgrin

Very Dumb set of beings.

How I wish this world can be grouped base on our Abilities. It would have been so sweet. One wouldn't need to come In contact with these set of beings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Online Flirting... / Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.