Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society (11019 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

The only thing making them stay afloat is that they still value any individual that is highly talented, gifted, genius no matter what part of the earth where the person originated from whether black, yellow, red, it doesn't matter. See Obama as USA president. Also the Current UK PM.

THE moment they stop supporting innovation and people with capacity, the decline into oblivion will be accelerated 10 folds.

But here in Nigeria! shocked undecided people that have capacity are frustrated and relegated.

This is absolute truth.

Welldone, You are very Intelligent.

Nigeria Is the Road that leads to HELL.

3 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by BRATISLAVA: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2023
Someone says they're doing this for their selfish interest, yet there's still debating going on.

An argument of a 2D building was presented, and if you look at the 3D sides of the building it means you have no intellect. Usual refuge of the "intelligent" propagated by one subset of humans who claim to know so much about what they don't. Every so and so number of months one of them will feel enlightened and bring this same one-sided argument up as yet another thread. We all know what the true aim of the topic is. Time to chest bump.

4 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 14, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You mentioned TWO Presidents of the USA so I used well known conclusions drawn from data from data in that country. You can't dispute the data. It is what it is.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to why the negative tendencies you're pointing out exist in Nigeria. I have my own theories.

In the USA single family homes tend to be poor.

In Nigeria the vast majority of the population is poor, including traditional families. This is the overall controlling environment, debilitating poverty and DESPERATION.

Poverty tends to produce anti-social, self destructive and delinquent behavior.

Though most Nigerians on Nairaland claim that all Nigerians are rich and all Americans are poor...evidenced by the fact Americans have to borrow to make significant purchases.

grin grin grin grin

So it's a conundrum I suppose. Seriously, I've given you the answer.

Poverty has turned the vast majority of Nigerians into immoral, selfish, VENGEFUL and anti-social people....both men and women and most especially the university graduates.

There are all forms of POVERTY in Nigeriagrin
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 14, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Someone says they're doing this for their selfish interest, yet there's still debating going on.

An argument of a 2D building was presented, and if you look at the 3D sides of the building it means you have no intellect. Usual refuge of the "intelligent" propagated by one subset of humans who claim to know so much about what they don't. Every so and so number of months one of them will feel enlightened and bring this same one-sided argument up as yet another thread. We all know what the true aim of the topic is. Time to chest bump.

Hush Up.

ENPs are not Invited on Such Topic of Intellect.

Go and Rant at Shiloh or Romance Section.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2023
IbeOkehie:

So true. So sad. Everyone bargain for what they can get in the marketplace. Everyone is on their own, judge and jury of your own fate.

The world is a dangerous and different very place from what we all know it was or could be. The future is ominous.

At the bolded. A lot of Gullible People doesn't know this. It Is the reason why we have too many Dumb people In the world controlled and governed by the few.

No matter how much you try to Wake Up some people. They will never attain the level of Consciousness.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:26am On Feb 14, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

There are many questions left unanswered. Some fundamental issues were not highlighted, they were left out.
The op has not exhausted all the possible angle of viewpoints.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 14, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Nigeria AND the Nigerian populace have ALWAYS been poor AND underdeveloped. For clarity, please consult an economics text for the proper meaning of DEVELOPMENT. So the same causes today are the same causes in the 1980's

Let me emphasize it - there has NEVER been a time when the Nigerian populace hasn't been EXTREMELY poor. The poverty has only gotten worse and worse over the years.

That Nigeria was EVER rich or the people EVER prosperous is a myth and fallacy that has contributed greatly to the destruction of that country.

Nigeria has ALWAYS been poor! And as I read and interact with Nigerians, I'm more and more convinced the country and people will remain that way for a very loooong time to come. This is a very important truth to accept and grapple with.

Seems like you are my Mouth Piece.

There Is no Argument about this. From the look of Things. The POVERTY in Nigeria will last at least for 1000 Years before It can be Eradicated.

When I talk about POVERTY, It Is a known fact The Average Nigerians With Their Mediocre Education will Immediately translate it to MONEY, Yes MONEY. That Is what Most of them think about.

The POVERTY In Nigeria are as follows below. Just to mention a FEW.

1.POVERTY OF THE Mind
2.POVERTY OF LOVE
3.POVERTY of Finance
4.POVERTY of Moral
5.POVERTY of Honesty
6.POVERTY of Friendship

I mean, It is getting to an extent that I don't want to relate with the Average Minds"Black People" anymore.

Sometimes when I Visit Victoria Isand and Its Extensions and see the Level Of POVERTY there. I'll Just shake my End. I'm like Is this what these people call Development and Enjoyment lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by BRATISLAVA: 9:34am On Feb 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

There are many questions left unanswered. Some fundamental issues were not highlighted, they were left out.
The op has not exhausted all the possible angle of viewpoints.

And that is exactly their point. To deliver one-sided perspectives as The Immutable Perspective. Any other perspective is deemed to come from products of single parenting and should never be entertained. Any contrary view is seen as a lack of intelligence. Their true motive is clear. When it cannot be concealed any more, it will become known to not just their supporters.

This thread isn't worth the debate once you know the motive.

4 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:39am On Feb 14, 2023
Evolutionlove:

At the bolded. A lot of Gullible People doesn't know this. It Is the reason why we have too many St***d and Dumb people In the world controlled and governed by the few.

No matter how much you try to Wake Up some people. They will never attain the level of Consciousness.
It is dangerous yes,

Who made it so? Same human beings, were allowed to create and sustain the dangerous systems like we see in today's Nigeria.

E.g hookup, runs & So many ills in the society.
Who will marry these girls? If they eventually marry what training, or value will they impart on their offspring? They are human beings too.

Refer to that kidnapper that was recently apprehended. Before he was arrested he flaunted on social media he prayed fervently, praised like a warrior in church.

The human society has to tell themselves the truth.

5 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2023
Gerrard59:

I laugh when supporters of baby-mamaism say it is the best thing since slice bread. grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by LocalStandard1(m): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Personality disorder is real, the ability to shift goal post at will, depending on where the wind blows per week, is a constant reoccurance for them boys here

All of a sudden, baby mamaism isn't the IN thing anymore to nl resident males, I thought y'all said it is better to have kids outside marriage than marrying Nigerian ladies?

What happened to "Marriage doesn't benefit men only women" regular banter on here? I guess sensibility chooses when it will manifest once in a blue moon, before going back to default daftness and senselessness that is rampant for y'all

Bleh......
Coming from a married woman that would crawl and beg her husband not to kick her out cause she stole her mother in-law's jewelry.

You women need to learn to think with your heads instead of your clits, you're making evil seem good and misleading the younger generation.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Coming from a married woman that would crawl and beg her husband not to kick her out cause she stole her mother in-law's jewelry.

You women need to learn to think with your heads instead of your clits, you're making evil seem good and misleading the younger generation.

Coming from a product of a single mother this is rich, a dolt that had to cover up his begging spree on here with his lack of intelligence on constant display, lmao

I know the truth hurt that's why you had to concort trash from your ass since comprehension is far from you, no I don't steal, instead my husband went on his knees to beg me not to collect back my stolen jewelry, hopefully you 're able to understand basic English and apply sense where necessary.

3 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by millstone(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.... Why does it seem as though the OP assumes family is defined by marriage, and divorce an enemy? undecided
Because it is. Nor dey argue whether nor make sense
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by millstone(m): 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
atheistandproud:

I avoided replying you because you plucked something nonexistent out of thin air and presented it as though it was what I said (strawman). A very common argumentative tactic used on Nairaland.

No where did I state that a family is a marriage. Even a child in elementary school could easily make that simple distinction.

A family is a unit made up of two parents and kids. All academic and medical studies on the subject shows that children do best in a two parent home.

Whatever agreement that both parents have as regards their union is up to them. Whether it's a legal arrangement or an informal partnership. That is up to them.

When that union is split and one parent is left raising the kids, children tend to perform and turn out worse than those in 2 parent homes. Hence the use of the term "divorce".

Divorce is only one of the several reasons stated in the entire article. The others which includes:

1. Glorification of money
2. Setting of unattainable standards by socalled celebrity relationship coaches.
3. Such standards gladly enforced by women

All of which militate against the formation of new families.

4. Breaking down of preexisting families
5. Poor parenting of kids
6. Poor role models for kids

Children growing up under such conditions do very poorly and make up the nucleus of the next generation of the society.

Thus as a result society collapses.
You get energy bro. Get some arguments you suppose look the comment shake head

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by armadeo(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Cc ishi.

Nice write up

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by LocalStandard1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Coming from a product of a single mother this is rich, a dolt that had to cover up his begging spree on here with his lack of intelligence on constant display, lmao

I know the truth hurt that's why you had to concort trash from your ass since comprehension is far from you, no I don't steal, instead my husband went on his knees to beg me not to collect back my stolen jewelry, hopefully you 're able to understand basic English and apply sense where necessary.

I am not raised by a woman, no woman can raise a champion like me. Trust me! I grew up in a full, over loving extended family. That's how a society should properly raise a child.

I like that you admit there was begging and stealing involved. But just tell us the truth, who begged?

You ignorant women will hide in homes your men work hard for and come on the internet to form feminists. Keep deceiving small inexperienced girls and other single women. God will judge you! He's watching!!
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by LocalStandard1(m): 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jovialjune1:

atheistandproud come and see the kind of women we have here. While men are strong enough to admit what's right and good for society, some women that are privileged to be married to good men come here to lie and deceive gullible confused singles.

I wish the single women that follow your advice on here will really know your kind and how you live in person.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by achimendy(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.... Why does it seem as though the OP assumes family is defined by marriage, and divorce an enemy? undecided

How do you define family without including marriage??

I don't think you understand the point he's trying to make.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
achimendy:
■ How do you define family without including marriage?? I don't think you understand the point he's trying to make.
If you check you local census office, you would note that a family isn't defined as a unit made up of a man, woman and children. A family was defined for us as such in primary school for obvious reasons, but in the real world, it comes in all shapes and sizes. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by kkins25(m): 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you check you local census office, you would note that a family isn't defined as a unit made up of a man, woman and children. A family was defined for us as such in primary school for obvious reasons, but in the real world, it comes in all shapes and sizes. lipsrsealed
In what contest? what country?

Oh, i see the prior post.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by achimendy(m): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
atheistandproud:
The collapse of the family structure in society will always predate the collapse of a society. This is usually one of the signs to look out for. In communities where the family structure has completely broken down, society deteriorates with it.

You can't fix this one with a swoosh of a magic wand.(donotcopy) This is because this problem is a oroborosian one. The breakdown of the family structure exacerbates the breakdown of society which in turn causes the family structure to breakdown even faster.

In Nigeria here, with the introduction of celebrity culture and the internet going into full swing at some point in the mid 2000s, it only served to worsen and spread(donotcopy) one of the worst tendencies that we have...the worship of money.

Throw Instagram in several years later and a corner has been turned. The first victims of this were unfortunately young people. The ladies in particular who were bombarded with images (usually enhanced or fake) of an unattainable life led by the 1%. They soon imbibed it and made it their standard.

Instagram celebrities like Linda Ikeji also added fuel to the fire. If he doesn't earn in dollars or in 6 figures, dump him. If he doesn't have a car, he's not your class(donotcopy). If he doesn't this, if he doesn't that etc. Soon the young men will fall victim and would now look to attain these standards set by Instagram celebrities and enforced by women. This is on top of the already bogus culture of bride price that extorts men.

If that wasn't bad enough, even people who were already married would choose to impose these standards on their long time spouses, both male and female.(donotcopy) Marriage is no longer about teamwork, it's now about getting one's way. If you don't have your way or you're not happy, DIVORCE!!!

With the hunt for money in full swing and a new phenomenon of divorce rapidly tearing through marriages, there's a whole generation of kids that do not know the comfort and stability of a 2-parent home. The single parents are too tired from working that they simply do not have the energy to parent their kids.

With poor leadership, ever disappearing jobs, zero opportunities etc.(donotcopy) There's only one way to reach these standards. Crime!

In many communities the glorification of crime, discouragement and suspicion of education, absenteeism of fathers (and mothers too), fewer opportunities, impoverished neighbourhoods etc. has become the norm(donotcopy).

Yahoo boys (internet fraudsters), 419-ers (local fraudsters), kidnappers, armed robbers, violent cultists, drug-dealers, ritualists, organ harvesters etc. have become role models for children whose parents have all but abdicated their responsibility.

Without the family structure to act as a buffer between these impressionable young minds and the cancer of societal vices, the hope of any future family structure for future generations tanks even further.

Because of the above, all of these things are factors that lead to a sort of trap that is very difficult to break free of because the young ones are, to all intents and purposes, born into it and will probably never escape it.

You've made a very good point bro, but you need to do a serious grassroot study to know the real genesis of the problem.

The family institution has broken down in our society, and has gotten worse in this contemporary era because of a particular demonic mode of operation economic operation, being created indirectly by the west/developed nations to destroy the economic, social, and political institutions of the weak/ developing nations . This mode of operation is simply termed capitalism. And it simply means an economic kind of activity that encourages private ownership of property. This system of operation is responsible for wide division in most societies, btw the rich and the poor, the upper class and the lower class, the elite and the masses, also creating an unending craving for the amassing of wealth. In today's world, the west refers to it as the new world order, making it mandatory for developing nations that are practicing it or the opposite (communism) to accept it,through their policies and conditions at the international level. As much as I see capitalism as evil, it also has its own advantages, but it can not be compared to the damages it causes on a daily basis in human society.

America as the major proponent of this economic idea, is not left out, considering the level of decline their family institution has experienced over the years. Morality has lost its place , because the need to become rich and also own properties by any means has become a slogan used by the Americans. Thesame thing implies in our Nigeria society too, almost everybody wants to make money by any means so they can be respected and rushed after. Most people no longer encourage humble beginnings unlike before, parents encourage their daughters to follow only the rich and wealthy, so them too can get the benefit of it
too. Wife's no longer respect their husband's because they have no money, some even chase after other men while they're still married. The pressure of capitalism which is to make money, have power/influence, and escape poverty by any means is the reason why individuals, corporations and government agencies engage in illicit, fraudulent, barbaric and catastrophic activities that are detrimental to the life and wellbeing of other individuals and nations. And is spreading in almost every part of the world.

Read about karl max on capitalism for more enlightenment .

3 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by achimendy(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

So I should be getting clarification for the word family, from a useless census board in Nigeria

Guy you're funny o....lol

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by pocohantas(f): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Personality disorder is real, the ability to shift goal post at will, depending on where the wind blows per week, is a constant reoccurance for them boys here

All of a sudden, baby mamaism isn't the IN thing anymore to nl resident males, I thought y'all said it is better to have kids outside marriage than marrying Nigerian ladies?

What happened to "Marriage doesn't benefit men only women" regular banter on here? I guess sensibility chooses when it will manifest once in a blue moon, before going back to default daftness and senselessness that is rampant for y'all

Bleh......

You know them! I thought they said they don’t want to marry? Anyway, no be today their craze start. If you do, you are doomed. You don’t, still doomed. Always claiming they don’t need marriage, yet na them cry pass over divorce and babymamaism.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by beyondbasicsng: 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=atheistandproud post=120893745]

The good part is we are all entitled to our opinions and I agree with your POV but you don't have to agree with mine or try to push any more ideas to me.

I don't pick fights with people, never have n never will - Though this is my other handle which focuses on devpt. I've been with nairaland since inception

So thanks for ur submission and further clarification
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
achimendy:
So I should be getting clarification for the word family, from a useless census board in Nigeria
Guy you're funny o....lol
I am only stressing the fact that the word family has long been redefined and reclassified in our time, yet here we are in 2023 pretending we are having a serious debate about the family structure, all while applying a definition which was last considered valid back in the 1970s/1980s. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by atheistandproud(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=beyondbasicsng post=120911323][/quote]

Wasn't trying to push anything on you. I was only trying to expound on my initial point in relation to what you posted.
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by achimendy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am only stressing the fact that the word family has long been redefined and reclassified in our time, yet here we are in 2023 pretending we are having a serious debate about the family structure, all while applying a definition which was last considered valid back in the 1970s/1980s. undecided

Have it your way bro.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
achimendy:
Have it your way bro.
I didn't make the rules.. undecided
Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by BRATISLAVA: 10:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Hush Up.

ENPs are not Invited on Such Topic of Intellect.

Go and Rant at Shiloh or Romance Section.

When you can't withstand the message, you resort to unfounded attacks and the usual empty threats of boys yet to grow up. Is that logical?

If this topic is what you consider intellect, lol. Not surprising. The custodians of pseudo-intellect usually don't own any.

You need to take your advice.

1 Like

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by BRATISLAVA: 10:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Based on the motive of the thread, family must and can mean only one thing. The ilk for whom it was intended have come to laud their Immutable Perspective. We all know why the family collapsed—they who must be blamed. They will never accept/consider anything else but what they think and assume, so that they can remain bigoted. It's an inferiority complex thing. That refusal to see other broad views that they display is the fear of the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society by IbeOkehie: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2023
achimendy:

The pressure of capitalism which is to make money, have power/influence, and escape poverty by any means is the reason why individuals, corporations and government agencies engage in illicit, fraudulent, barbaric and catastrophic activities that are detrimental to the life and wellbeing of other individuals and nations. And is spreading in almost every part of the world.

Read about karl max on capitalism for more enlightenment .

Free market capitalism is the best way to build prosperity for any population. Combine it with a responsibility driven democracy and homogeneous culture and the result is near paradise on earth. Finland, Sweden, USA, Switzerland. Compare North & South Korea, East and West Germany.

Karl Marx was wrong, and I'm being polite. His Marxist and socialist theories included requirements that the family unit must be abolished and children given to the government. Very nutty ideas and the results where they've been practiced are disastrous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / UK Barely Used Baby Gears And Toys / Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.