Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent (42033 Views)

Court Marries Off Two Women In Jigawa Despite Father’s Objection / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ijustdey: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
There was a mild drama in Kano after a resident of the state, one Alhaji Muhammad, decided to take his ex-wife to court for allegedly…

By Zahraddeen Yakubu Shuaibu

There was a mild drama in Kano after a resident of the state, one Alhaji Muhammad, decided to take his ex-wife to court for allegedly marrying off his daughter without his consent.

Alhaji Muhammad who divorced his wife a while ago, said it was surprising when he received news of his daughter’s marriage and warned the mother severally not to marry off the girl without his consent.

Speaking to Freedom Radio in Kano, he said, “They attempted to marry her out to one of their relatives, but some time ago, I said they should wait until I prayed for the best and also consulted people about him. But the next thing I heard was that my daughter got married off to someone else.”

According to him, he will not relent until the marriage is dissolved, adding that he will sue them to seek his rights.

When contacted, an uncle to the bride’s mother, Baba Hussaini Garko, said he knew that the girl got married to someone, but he was not the one who stood as her guardian.

However, an Islamic cleric in the state, Dr Muhammad Nazifi Inuwa, said there was no marriage without a guardian, known as waliyyi which is the father of the bride or his representative.

“In Islam, it is not legitimate to marry out a daughter without her father’s consent. So according to Ulama, there is no marriage of any girl that was married without her father’s or guardian’s consent. So this marriage is not legitimate, and it has to be dissolved,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-ex-wife-married-off-daughter-without-fathers-consent/

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by MadamExcellency: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
Do you mean the sperm donor?

Where was the father all these while when the daughter needed him the most?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by MadamExcellency: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2022
“In Islam, it is not legitimate to marry out a daughter without her father’s consent. So according to Ulama, there is no marriage of any girl was married without her father’s or guardian’s consent. So this marriage is not legitimate, and it has to be dissolved,” he said.

Does this injunction include kidnapped Christian girls and ladies?

215 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by PDJT: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
MadamExcellency:

-Egg donor, it seems you're the third-party in that man's marriage.

-Anyway, I pity a man who marries a woman "given" to him by another woman.

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by tollyboy5(m): 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
PDJT:

lol explain boss. there are some mummies i respect so much and would follow their advice on marriage even if they introduce me to a decent lady.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Waterlilly: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
women?

7 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
This woman's son will be on Nairaland yelling on top of his voice of how all Nigerian girls are hoes and how he is a red pill superstar but look at his mother here acting a fool and exhibiting all the 304 tendencies

9 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ecolime(m): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
PDJT:

I fear who no fear women undecided

She fit find a way to kill the man sef.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by bestman09(m): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
angry
Illegitimate marriage. How could any sane man get married to a woman without her father's consent in this country knowing fully well that the said father is not dead?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kingcalls: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
The man that married her is a fool ....I pity him

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by NwaNimo1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
Regina Daniel and Ngozi Ezeonu all over again

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Innobee99(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
Fathers should not only be available during marriages alone. Give ur children the best and they'll in turn acknowledge u when the time comes

59 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by howenono: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
wahala promaxx naso portable go high with him artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnu1ktArTP4

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kingcalls: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Stop being stupid like ur fellow fools

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ibkayee(f): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Where has the father been since? If he wanted to be involved in his daughter’s life he would’ve had the utmost privilege to do so

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by meobizy(f): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sharia court. Their way different.

Left to me, the person she lives under his/her roof is free to marry her off. If she isn’t forced, so be it. If the man wanted his say to become law, he would stay married to the wife or found a way to secure her under his roof.

Grammar no easy. See the way this English tool kicked my ass based on this comment. Lol. No be like say I dey write exam.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by money121(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wahala
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by SexyBabe001: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Lekwandoskii(m): 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Get paid for sharing articles on Facebook. Don't just spend money running through Facebook, instead spend and earn whilst using the site...Follow the link below & start earning today �

https://buzz24.me/this-app-pays-you-to-share-articles-on-facebook?mbn=u07c8abb3e

Pls don't forget to share this link with your friends. Thanx �
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ImoleNaija: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
I kept seeing 'marrying off' in the report as if the daughter does not have a say over her life. angry

Thank God for my culture.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by FuckSilly: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
All these modern day WHORÈS are so daring.

They just feel like they can do whatever they like without consequences.

The most FOOLISH here is the useless boy that married the girl, except he's not a Muslim and has no regards for the girl's custom and tradition. HOW CAN YOU MARRY A GIRL WITHOUT HER FATHER'S CONSENT? CAN HE ALLOW SOMEONE MARRY HIS OWN DAUGHTER WITHOUT HIS CONSENT?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Jacobjanet: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
So bad
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kharol1234: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
grin
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:
Where has the father been since? If he wanted to be involved in his daughter’s life he would’ve had the utmost privilege to do so
The story is funny! grin

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by YoungLionken(m): 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nigerian women are seriously becoming something else undecided...

5 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by juman(m): 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
The husband should go and see the father and seek his approval.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ibkayee(f): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The story is funny! grin
Lol very
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Anatakuebira: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
She done do iron lady destroy her daughter life now. Some men get ego naturally and don't like it when you call their Bluff.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / Missing Girl In Kaduna : Pls Have You Seen This Girl? / What Are Mistakes You Made In 2019 That You Wouldn't Like To Repeat After 12am?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.