Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent (42084 Views)

Court Marries Off Two Women In Jigawa Despite Father’s Objection / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by President2001(m): 5:02am On Dec 29, 2022
Instead of all this small children making comments on nairaland to wait and learn from elders comment they split trach, Don't they know the woman has destroy that daughter reputation and future according to the man the woman has make several attempts before
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Prolific007(m): 5:25am On Dec 29, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I kept seeing 'marrying off' in the report as if the daughter does not have a say over her life. angry

Thank God for my culture.

So how is it done in your culture
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Cutehector(m): 5:29am On Dec 29, 2022
Emaprince:
The man that accepted to marry a lady without her fathers consent is a BIG FOOL. That should tell him all he needed to know about how the women of that familly behaves. He should be ready when his wife starts exhibiting every ugly traits of her mother.

The kind men we have these days sha. Men that aligns with female reasoning. Weak males.
true.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Jamartinez(m): 5:39am On Dec 29, 2022
No matter what, it's still her father
MadamExcellency:
Do you mean the sperm donor?

Where was the father all these while when the daughter needed him the most?
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Jamartinez(m): 5:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Seriously
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Jamartinez(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2022
money121:
Wahala
seriously
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Jamartinez:
No matter what, it's still her father
Define father. undecided

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by iHateFraudsters: 6:12am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Apparently you didn't read where they wanted to marry the girl to a relative, but the girls father asked them to wait.

And before he could blink, the girl was married off to another person by the useless mother.

Doesn't that tell you that the dad has been there for his daughter?

You just open mouth dey yarn dust.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 6:15am On Dec 29, 2022
iHateFraudsters:
Apparently you didn't read where they wanted to marry the girl to a relative, but the girls father asked them to wait. And before he could blink, the girl was married off to another person by the useless mother. Doesn't that tell you that the dad has been there for his daughter? You just open mouth dey yarn dust.
No, it doesn't! It just says that the man wanted to have a say in who the girl ended up marrying. That doesn't mean he in fact cared about the girl. He said he wanted to "pray" which could mean also mean he wanted to make his own deals as far as her marriage. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by litaninja(m): 6:23am On Dec 29, 2022
How old is the daughter?
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Mrpojj(m): 6:24am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Does this injunction include kidnapped Christian girls and ladies?
Good question
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by eminikansoso(m): 6:29am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Do you mean all those kidnappers were Muslims and are only interested in christian ladies?
Don't judge what you don't have knowledge of so that God will not judge you either.
Happy New Year in advance
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by FuckOsuPigs: 6:32am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Why don't you include Christian rape victims of robbery.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by iHateFraudsters: 6:37am On Dec 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No, it doesn't! It just says that the man wanted to have a say in who the girl ended up marrying. That doesn't mean he in fact cared about the girl. He said he wanted to "pray" which could mean also mean he wanted to make his own deals as far as her marriage. lipsrsealed

That's a good angle.

But the person I quoted is asking as if the dad has never been around.

In fact, the person made it seem like the girl was brought up by the mother alone with the dad completely out of the picture.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by stmayor(m): 6:38am On Dec 29, 2022
It's like your mother also married you out to your husband
Wether you are a Muslim Christian or a traditionalist the law is against it.
And you can never be a man no matter how hard you try grin grin grin grin grin
MadamExcellency:

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by OlawaleBammie: 6:42am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

See this eggs producing machine grin

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Akunatakasi(m): 6:42am On Dec 29, 2022
I
ibkayee:
Where has the father been since? If he wanted to be involved in his daughter’s life he would’ve had the utmost privilege to do so

Did you read the article at all.. or you just want to exhibit your stupidity here

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Marliz: 6:45am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

You guys will just be typing rubbish simply because you want to take side.

They are sperated, simply logic is, the children will stay with the mother but that don't mean she has the sole decision right over the children.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 6:50am On Dec 29, 2022
iHateFraudsters:
That's a good angle. But the person I quoted is asking as if the dad has never been around. In fact, the person made it seem like the girl was brought up by the mother alone with the dad completely out of the picture.
Well, that is also possible given that in this day and age, where cell phones are almost everywhere, there does not seem to have been any communication between the man and the girl in question. I mean she no even call her papa the day before her wedding... that speaks volumes. Na 2022 we dey, no be 1992. undecided

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2022
Marliz:
You guys will just be typing rubbish simply because you want to take side. They are sperated, simply logic is, the children will stay with the mother but that don't mean she has the sole decision right over the children.
So, in the year 2022, a father is separated from his child and does not stay in regular communication with her, do you think that is logical? undecided
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 6:57am On Dec 29, 2022
stmayor:
It's like your mother also married you out to your husband
Wether you are a Muslim Christian or a traditionalist the law is against it.
And you can never be a man no matter how hard you try grin grin grin grin grin
Please talk wetin you know. There is no Christian law that mandates such foolishness as what you spew there. As defined in Scripture, no consent from any human is needed for a man or woman to get married. undecided
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ibkayee(f): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Akunatakasi:
I

Did you read the article at all.. or you just want to exhibit your stupidity here
Yeah I did, but can you read in general? Since I don't know what's so hard to understand about my comment
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Murphyenemuwe: 7:05am On Dec 29, 2022
You said a relative but I'm talking from first hand experience. When divorce sets in, both parents would try to poison the children's heart in a move to win them over and spite each other. Check my comment I said the bride would have insisted her father must be on ground if he was at least reasonable. Don't tell me you're part of women can never be right movement
culf:

Hw did you know he was absent all through her life, the post only said they were divorced awhile ago? I wouldn't want to sound like i'm supporting the man but what is wrong is wrong.
Did you also read that he was involved, the first time he refused that they should pray about it first before she was married on the second attempt without his involvement.

Divorce is never a good thing, these are issues that comes with divorce, bitterness, unforgivingness, hatred even when children are involved.
i know what we went through when something like this but slightly different when a relative was getting married. let me not say more.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by mensos544: 7:06am On Dec 29, 2022
Hausa people are never serious in life. How can u as a husband marry a girl without asking who's d father of the girl ? Abi dem too don turn people of fatherless or singer mother people?

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Sermwell(m): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2022
tollyboy5:

lol explain boss. there are some mummies i respect so much and would follow their advice on marriage even if they introduce me to a decent lady.
I've always known that you're a kid on this forum. So you'll go ahead to marry a woman given to you by another woman? Chai grin cheesy

May God deliver us from dumb children cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by RZArecta(m): 7:14am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

it's not compulsory to comment on topics, it might expose your limited comprehension skills

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Adlac(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

This is Islam, however we would like to know the ruling of such in christiandom.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 29, 2022
The mother gave birth to her, she has every right to sell her off, sorry love-vendor her off, sorry marry her off to anyone who can afford.

The best time to marry her off is now before depreciation sets in.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Sermwell(m): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, if your father-in-law, who was absent from the raising of your wife, comes at you angrily, you would go to him, to beg with money and gifts in tow, why? undecided
What's your business with thier family issues. Just do the right thing young man for the sake of posterity. You should even insist that her father is present no matter what. You guys are really funny grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 7:26am On Dec 29, 2022
Sermwell:
What's your business with thier family issues. Just do the right thing young man for the sake of posterity. You should even insist that her father is present no matter what. You guys are really funny grin grin
For the sake sake what posterity? Please define it!

Does getting the father's consent in some way guarantee a good marriage? What real value does any of that have beyond the imagined?? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / What Are Mistakes You Made In 2019 That You Wouldn't Like To Repeat After 12am?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.