Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent (42071 Views)

Court Marries Off Two Women In Jigawa Despite Father’s Objection / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kelvin3476: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2022
ibkayee:
Where has the father been since? If he wanted to be involved in his daughter’s life he would’ve had the utmost privilege to do so
He is been in ur house

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kelvin3476: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2022
meobizy:
Sharia court. Their way different.

Left to me, the person she lives under his/her roof is free to marry her off. If she isn’t forced, so be it. If the man wanted his say to become law, he would stay married to the wife or found a way to secure her under his roof.

Grammar no easy. See the way this English tool kicked my ass based on this comment. Lol. No be like say I dey write exam.
JUST FOOLISHLY SHUT UP.
HE SHOULDN'T DIVORCE A LIABILITY BECUS SHE IS UR FELLOW.
WOMEN ARE BECUMING MORE USELESS IN REASONING.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by naphtalish(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2022
ijustdey:
There was a mild drama in Kano after a resident of the state, one Alhaji Muhammad, decided to take his ex-wife to court for allegedly…

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-ex-wife-married-off-daughter-without-fathers-consent/

Just imagine oooo. The Man didn't want to take responsibility for the Family but He wants to give consent for the girls marriage?
You divorced the Woman, and though the child is yours, you didn't take responsibility for her and you want to come and control her life... SMH

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kelvin3476: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I kept seeing 'marrying off' in the report as if the daughter does not have a say over her life. angry

Thank God for my culture.
SHE GAT HER CHOICE , AND HER GUARDIAN MUST TO BE AWARE(CONSENT) OF IT.
ITS DONE EVERY , UNLESS THEY AREN'T ALIVE.

U CN MARRY WITHOUT INFORMING THEM, BT DNT GET ANGRY WHEN UR KIDS DO THE SAME.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Innobee99(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2022
Exceed15:

Mothers should not deny the children's father access to them because of separation. Women are fond of using children as a tool to get back to the man by denying him to his children.
How can a woman deny a responsible man of seeing his children. It shows how weak the man is. It's clear

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Alpharey: 10:14am On Dec 29, 2022
mfm04622:

Was he alive to his responsibilities to the child?

It was never mentioned here that he abandoned her

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Somto007(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2022
This topic alone has so many fingers.. Chibok girls some that were returned came back with babies question are there married or not? If not who then marries them again? Second marriage firstly is about two people, after there agree there pray and ask God then after that their representative to be present. A representative can even be an uncle who took care of the child either when the mother and father abandoned her.. We should learn to give honor to who did all there could to make us who we are today. If it is your father do so, if it is your mother do so, if it is your uncle or otherwise do so. This thing of honouring tradition and all has to be checked again.. Nah humans be tradition.. If we are not alive there won't be any tradition to follow. But people and families needs to adjust how that tradition is done.. We can't be doing what our parents or Granny's did when there were no cars, aeroplane, phones, computers.. Things done change and update of lifestyle has to change.. Successful marriage is not based on who give child out or not.. And no ancestors will attack you on anything of such.. We can't keep feeding ancestors that could not even fight for the betterment of our country, look how bad the country is.. Marriage will blossom if you man and woman works on it.. Not if papa give you out for marriage or mama..
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by PDJT: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2022
Innobee99:
How can a woman deny a responsible man of seeing his children. It shows how weak the man is. It's clear

-For a starter, check this website - "fathers 4 justice". I know it's a UK-based site but it should give you a clue that some men do try but the courts are rigged against them, so some men unfortunately walk away...

-For some women after separation they turn their own kids into ATM cards for Govt. benefits and the further they keep the kids away from their fathers, the more cash they can get with the "ATM cards".

-Some "modern" women especially the social media types are only after one thing- a PROVIDER (Man or Government), and when that fails you see their true colours.

-I would say let's hear the man's side of the story first, however, what type of man would marry a woman without her father's consent? Except if he only wanted a cheap woman for a wife?
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by ALFADOS(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
bestman09:
angry
Illegitimate marriage. How could any sane man get married to a woman without her father's consent in this country knowing fully well that the said father is not dead?
it's been happening for long it's only this one that reached the Media, I heard many of this nature before
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by achimendy(m): 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:
Do you mean the sperm donor?

Where was the father all these while when the daughter needed him the most?

I think you need to read again so you can understand better.
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
Exceed15:
Define a mother who married off her daughter without father's consent
She is a mother who had her child and married her off to a man of her choosing. Simple. Now back to you. Define father here!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
Exceed15:
That's what you will also teach your daughter. I pity your lineage.
Abeg Waka pass me! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adlac:
That's not the case. A visit to the bride parents mean what ?
Absolute nothing since it is not decreed! You asked for the scriptural way and I showed you it. It is that simple and straightforward! undecided

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by culf: 12:44am On Dec 30, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
You said a relative but I'm talking from first hand experience. When divorce sets in, both parents would try to poison the children's heart in a move to win them over and spite each other. Check my comment I said the bride would have insisted her father must be on ground if he was at least reasonable. Don't tell me you're part of women can never be right movement

You are also not getting me, i am not stupid, any man that says or think that women can never be right is stupid and irresponsible
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Dec 30, 2022
Kelvin3476:

SHE GAT HER CHOICE , AND HER GUARDIAN MUST TO BE AWARE(CONSENT) OF IT.
ITS DONE EVERY , UNLESS THEY AREN'T ALIVE.

U CN MARRY WITHOUT INFORMING THEM, BT DNT GET ANGRY WHEN UR KIDS DO THE SAME.
Which guardian? The girl's mother was well informed. grin

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by Murphyenemuwe: 2:53am On Dec 30, 2022
I get you bro. Some fathers are so mean.
culf:

You are also not getting me, i am not stupid, any man that says or think that women can never be right is stupid and irresponsible
Re: Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent by culf: 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
I get you bro. Some fathers are so mean.

Agreed. some will intentionally refused to stand as Father, i know a case like that, they have to beg and beg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Mistakes You Made In 2019 That You Wouldn't Like To Repeat After 12am? / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / Lady Vows Not To Put A Call On Silent As She Lost Her Sister (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.