Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. (6784 Views)

My First Experience In A Nigerian Club / My First Experience In Wooing A Lady, An Edo Girl / Fiancée Barbing Her Husband-To-Be In Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
So I use to work on the island until I decided to leave because of the working condition...... So on the 24th, I left work to go back to mainland, which is my main residence... Well I decided to take a hair cut in one of the barbing saloon in Ikoyi..

On a Norms, na 500 barber dey charge me for mainland, so I budgeted at least 1k for the hair cut since it is Ikoyi na.... Well, I entered the saloon and saw a few people having their hair cut, and some were eating meat pie with wine.. I almost mistake the place for a cafeteria actually grin grin grin grin.

So one of the attendants attended to me and offered me a seat, so he explained to me that I will have to wait so that they can attend to others and I said no problem. Mehn, the shop was chilling, I never enter such place for my life, I don't know the kind of AC dey are using. After 2 minutes, naso person bring me hot meat pie plus wine served in a tray shocked shocked, at first I was so happy mehn cheesy cheesy but sumtin just struck my mind, which kind barber shop be this wey dey serve snacks for customers. I was beginning to feel somehow and unsafe actually... So many thoughts in my head; are these people kidnappers or ritualist

Then I called the attendant back dt I have a friend who is also coming to barb but doesn't know the shop. So I told him that I want to go get him make he no go lost, then I pretended to be on a call and I went out...

Alo lami lami lan ri, Eni kan kiri eyin re (you can only see the departure of a waterfly, you will never see them come back again)

grin grin grin I walked as fast as I could and never returned there again.

Mind you, I didn't bother to ask about the price for haircut... grin grin grin grin grin grin

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by pdppower: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
Typical Nigerian. You have not seen the death that wanted to kill you before you japa

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
pdppower:
Typical Nigerian. You have not seen the death that wanted to kill you before you japa

Make I go pay 3k or 5k for barbing..

Make I bend grin grin

40 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Jagermeister(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nigerians be doing too much...

Which one be meatpie and wine for barbers shop..

Meat pie and wine dey significant.. bread and wine=holy communion, your soul don dey sacrificed be that

Even you dey america, you for dey enter plane come ikoyi barb hair tongue grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by God1000(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
I understand your fear, it's better to play safe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
Jagermeister:

E no shock you... Fear of billing make me run grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by GoodCane: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Professors of English will soon land now, they'll demand to know why you kept repeating the word "so" in every sentence and paragraph

12 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Jagermeister(m): 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

After you cut finish, price for be like say you dey america buy egusi soup ingredients.. price for reach 75k

You get mind go ikoyi barbing salon... Poor man like you

9 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by GoodCane: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Such salons are in most cities, esp in dope and reserved areas.

Na yahoo boys and some rich dudes they always go there to cut hair

9 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Biofil84(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
Na God save you grin
Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by brain54(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
Meat pie and wine bayi…

If I wan chop I for go restaurant not barber shop.

This was na really overdo!

All na way to collect the small change wey Dey person pocket!

13 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Sheistoopretty(f): 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
Lol cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by decatalyst(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
Who, make you for don become maid for that place.

After snack and drinks comes your bill. E go long pass bet9ja slip grin

16 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
grin grin
decatalyst:
Who, make you for don become maid for that place.

After snack and drinks comes your bill. E go long pass bet9ja slip grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
brain54:
Meat pie and wine bayi…

If I wan chop I for go restaurant not barber shop.

This was na really overdo!

All na way to collect the small change wey Dey person pocket!

They failed.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by brain54(m): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2022
This your story remind me of wetin happen for kaduna some years back…

After work one day. Me and my homie decide to relax and step things down a little. Na so we enter one bar wey both of us never go before… come order for beer. At a point we come decide to use pepper soup take wash am down. We call the waiter, she say she no get pepper soup only bush meat. Na so we ask price and the girl say plate na 10k. Na then we come ask of price of beer 2k per bottle.

I say make she go we go call her when we ready to order. As she leave na so I shout to my guy say “whaaaaat… wish kian bush meat dem Dey sell 10k per plate. Na gold or what.” Remember this na sometimes around 2011/12 when money still get value.

Na so my guy come calm me down come reason me say make I look around weda I no see people Dey eat the bush meat. Say whether no be human dem be or na two head them get? Abi na we poor pass. Na so I come still buy the idea. So I call the waitress back come order two plates. Na so him pay him own plate and I pay for my own ( with shame- although the bush meat later make sense and I enjoy am. Best I done chop ever and I no Dey forget) but I use shame take pay.

If na me be OP I for use shame take pay normally no matter the price. Because I no Dey like to discharge because of price.As I don come I don come be that.

But I go mark that place and no go ever go there again especially if the service no come worth am.

But in the end nobody sopose use shame pay for anything. Make pride no go kill person before their time or put hole for person pocket especially for this time wey everybody Dey manage.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by KosiGee(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Make I go 3k or 5k for barbing..

Make I bend grin grin

Liar….

You went to market one of your fake Chinese barbing clippers but you found out that they were using original wahl clippers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by brain54(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
KosiGee:

Liar….

You went to market one of your fake Chinese barbing clipper but you found out that they were using original wahl clippers.

Na wah o…

This is digging deep. You be researcher?

Try channel this kian energy into your work. I sure say you go make am if you put this kind of effort…

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by benqo01(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
OP I SWEAR U FUNNY DIE OMO DEM FOR USE U WASH PLATE,BY D TIME U BARB FINISH NA 10K U GO PAY.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Jagermeister:

Meat pie and wine dey significant.. bread and wine=holy communion, your soul don dey sacrificed be that

Even you dey america, you for dey enter plane come ikoyi barb hair tongue grin

I wonder, hair no go fly enter the wine glass?

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by nicerod(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
KosiGee:

Liar….

You went to market one of your fake Chinese barbing clipper but you found out that they were using original wahl clippers.

Ipob terrorist don dey attack me... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
brain54:

Na wah o…

This is digging deep. You be researcher?

Try channel this kian energy into your work. I sure say you go make am if you put this kind of effort…
He didn't dig anything... It is a recent pic....
I placed the clipper for sale yesterday and today

It is easy for anyone to see on my timeline

He is angry bcox I criticize Ip0b terrorist.... grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by BaddestQueen(f): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Ipob terrorist don dey attack me... grin grin grin grin grin
mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique
Rule 2
Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Mercury12(m): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
Why not simply ask for the price of their services?
That works for me every time anywhere.

If the price is really worth their service I will stay.
I won't stay anywhere I can't afford their services.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by brain54(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

He didn't dig anything... It is a recent pic....
I placed the clipper for sale yesterday and today

It is easy for anyone to see on my timeline

He is angry bcox I criticize Ip0b terrorist.... grin grin grin
Na wah o.

Na still research work him do!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
BaddestQueen:
mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique
Rule 2

E shock you grin cheesy
Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by DenreleDave(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
brain54:

Na wah o.

Na still research work him do!

U think so?

Ok
Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by Brownshoe: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
Let me quickly mark your script before we round up lectures for the year 2022 academic calendar.
Punctuation 5/20 ( poor punctuation)
Event sequence 6/20 (where did you actually cut your hair?most of your readers don't know ikoyi or mainland)
Paragraph 4/20.
Grammar 3/20(what is barb my hair, that's not Queen's English)
Repeation 1/20 (avoid unnecessary repeation, everything "so" this "so"wink
DenreleDave:
So I use to work on the island until I decided to leave because of the working condition...... So on the 24th, I left work to go back to mainland, which is my main residence... Well I decided to take a hair cut in one of the barbing saloon in Ikoyi..

On a Norms, na 500 barber dey charge me for mainland, so I budgeted at least 1k for the hair cut since it is Ikoyi na.... Well, I entered the saloon and saw a few people having their hair cut, and some were eating meat pie with wine.. I almost mistake the place for a cafeteria actually grin grin grin grin.

So one of the attendants attended to me and offered me a seat, so he explained to me that I will have to wait so that they can attend to others and I said no problem. Mehn, the shop was chilling, I never enter such place for my life, I don't know the kind of AC dey are using. After 2 minutes, naso person bring me hot meat pie plus wine served in a tray shocked shocked, at first I was so happy mehn cheesy cheesy but sumtin just struck my mind, which kind barber shop be this wey dey serve snacks for customers. I was beginning to feel somehow and unsafe actually... So many thoughts in my head; are these people kidnappers or ritualist

Then I called the attendant back dt I have a friend who is also coming to barb but doesn't know the shop. So I told him that I want to go get him make he no go lost, then I pretended to be on a call and I went out...

Alo lami lami lan ri, Eni kan kiri eyin re (you can only see the departure of a waterfly, you will never see them come back again)

Mind you, I didn't bother to ask about the price for haircut... grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by ashewoboy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Was expecting you to tell us how much they charge. How much do they charge?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by techWriter3: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
Typical Nigerians

Hello, Check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, statement of purpose, thesis, or personal statement.
Re: My Experience In Barbing Saloon In Ikoyi On 24th Of December. by ForChrist1: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Well, I entered the saloon and saw a few people having their hair cut, and some were eating meat pie with wine.. I almost mistake the place for a cafeteria actually grin grin grin grin.

There are places where eating shouldn't be allowed and I think a barbing salon is one of them.
You would have tiny bits of hair flying around that could easily contaminate your food.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friend Is Pregnant For Me! / The Most Beautiful/cutest Guy/gal On Romance Land.... Ur Choice. / When A Calabar Girl Enters Shoprite For The First Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.