Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,210 members, 7,836,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

IQ Test - 10k Jackie - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / IQ Test - 10k Jackie (768 Views)

A Submissive Spouse Or A Partner With Great IQ / I Took An IQ Test Today And Here's The Result. / (IQ TEST) Whats Wrong In This Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
Modified: Same questions.

1. A male barber shaves all and only those men who donot shave themselves. Does the barber shaves himself? Explain.

2. What would happen if Pinocchio says "My nose will grow now"? Explain.

Each question is 5k. First 5(10) Winners will be announced 12am new year and payment made. 2k(1k) each.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by BlackkPegasus(m): 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
Answer for number 2
[b]Answer for number 2
[/b]Answer for number 2
If Pinocchio says 'My nose grows now,' he is either lying or not . If he is lying, then he is making a false statement, which implies that his nose does not grow now. If he is not lying, then his statement is either true or false, which implies that either his nose does grow now or his nose does not grow now.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Kingsley34: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
First question
The barber shaves himself because he shaves those who do not shave themselves.

Second question
Pinocchio is neither lying nor telling the truth

Op no go fall my hand oh cool
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
BlackkPegasus:
Answer for number 2
[b]Answer for number 2
[/b]Answer for number 2
If Pinocchio says 'My nose grows now,' he is either lying or not . If he is lying, then he is making a false statement, which implies that his nose does not grow now. If he is not lying, then his statement is either true or false, which implies that either his nose does grow now or his nose does not grow now.
clever assumption but not valid
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Zee0007: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
1) There is no one fit size approach to this. This could mean a riddle to some and a Barber paradox by Russell to others. It depends on where you are looking at it from. But this is tricky clever paradox.

If you see it as a riddle, you can say the baber is a female but if you go with the paradox, which is widely accepted it could be examine using the principle of Set theory.

This is not actually a more detailed paradox. Let's examine the proposition Shave(T,M) which is true if T shaves M and false if M does not shave T. We can restructure as:
There exists a T such that for every M, T shaves M if M does not shave M. This intelligent guess does not lead to a contradiction.

2) This is a Pinocchio paradox. A paradox is a contradictory statement which when probed may prove to be a false or true.

If you are conversant with the movie, you will know that Pinocchio’s nose grows when he tells a lie. So if he said “my nose will grow now” – if his nose does grow that would mean he wasn’t lying, but if he wasn’t lying, his nose wouldn’t grow.

I hope I win. I need this money to celebrate crossover.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kingsley34:
First question
The barber shaves himself because he shaves those who do not shave themselves.

Second question
Pinocchio is neither lying nor telling the truth

Op no go fall my hand oh cool
Not valid..... If the barber shaves himself, then he cease to be the barber because the barber shaves "all" and only those who do not shave themselves.

Explain your second answer well
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
@Zee0007 Your first answer is giving you hope grin but i'll keep it to myself until i announce the winners.

Your second answer, is not based on my question. I said "grows now" not "will grow now"
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Zee0007: 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
EvilRampage:
@Zee0007 Your first answer is giving you hope grin but i'll keep it to myself until i announce the winners.

Your second answer, is not based on my question. I said "grows now" not "will grow now"

Okay. If he said 'grow now' His nose would have to grow to make Pinocchio’s statement not a lie, but then it can’t grow otherwise the statement would not be a lie. But it's not stated that his nose grows when he lies.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Zee0007:

Okay. If he said 'grow now' His nose would have to grow to make Pinocchio’s statement not a lie, but then it can’t grow otherwise the statement would not be a lie. But it's not stated that his nose grows when he lies.
I won't say if you are right or wrong now. You just have to wait for the result
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Zee0007: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
EvilRampage:

The question you posted stated "will grow". All things be equal. There Is a claim that Pinocchio’s nose grows whenever he lies but not when he tells the truth.

He said, “My nose will grow now.” If it’s growing either Pinocchio has the ability to say that, or the claim is false. I will conclude by saying the sentence is false if examined on the lenses of statement validity and contracdiction.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Jossyking52: 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Number 1. Any answer to this question results in a contradiction. The barber cannot shave himself as he only shaves those who do not shave themselves...it is a paradox.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jossyking52:
Number 1. Any answer to this question results in a contradiction. The barber cannot shave himself as he only shaves those who do not shave themselves...it is a paradox.
wink
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Jossyking52: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
Question 2. What happens next is up to the story-teller, because pinochio is a fictional character or more precisely: the logic which is best suited for effective reasoning in pinochio's world depends on what the story-teller decides happens and that logic needn't be classical logic.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by EvilRampage(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
Jossyking52:
Question 2. What happens next is up to the story-teller, because pinochio is a fictional character or more precisely: the logic which is best suited for effective reasoning in pinochio's world depends on what the story-teller decides happens and that logic needn't be classical logic.
wink
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Tekahashi: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
2. it's a phenomenon called pinnochio's paradox , this are sentences that can't be false nor true indefinitely, that is can be neither true nor lie, for one to happen the other must happen, contradicting situations, example is a liar declaring he is lying .. the question does not have a precise answer, pinnochio saying his nose would grow is true because his nose would grow for lying ,since he said the truth, his nose won't grow but since his nose didn't grow this means his first statement is a lie and his nose would now in fact grow and it just goes on like this indefinitely in a paradox with no loop
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Tekahashi: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
1. this is the barbers paradox (meaning it's
impossible situation because he cannot do one thing until
he does another thing, but he cannot do the second thing until
he does the first thing) no answer is correct as any is a contradiction ,he is not supposed to shave himself since he only shaves those who cannot shave themselves but since he does not shave himself, he is supposed to be shaved by the barber himself thus any statement is contradictory to itself
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by PJtech: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
1. The barber do not shave himself because he shaved 'all' and "those that do not shave themselves"...if he had shaved himself he didnt shave "all"(including himself)

2. If Pinocchio says "my nose grows now" he's either lying or telling a truth...cos if he's lying his nose will grow but if that is the truth his nose won't grow.

therefore he's neither lying nor telling a truth it's all up to him

this is similar to a man folding a butterfly in his hand while he ask if it is alive or dead(we all know it's up to him either dead or alive)

my account details dey my signature, make i see money ball 2mao
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Tekahashi: 10:11am On Jan 01, 2023
EvilRampage:

1. A male barber shaves all and only those men who donot shave themselves. Does the barber shaves himself? Explain.

Each question is 5k. First 5(10) Winners will be announced 12am new year and payment made. 2k(1k) each.
we still dey wait for you
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by swaley: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2023
The barber cannot shave himself because he shaves for all and only those who don't shave themselves

Pinocchio is lying if there is no back story because just saying 'my nose will grow without nothing happening is a lie so it would definitely grow
EvilRampage:

Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Vado2: 11:36am On Jan 01, 2023
1. Suppose that EVIL RAMPAGE is a male barber who shaves all and only those men who do not shave themselves.
So, now, does Jack EVIL RAMPAGE shave himself? If he doesn’t shave himself then it implies that EVIL RAMPAGE must be one of those men who he shaves since he shaves all those who do not shave themselves. But that means EVIL RAMPAGE both shaves himself and doesn’t shave himself, which is a contradiction.
Okay, so suppose that EVIL RAMPAGE does shave himself. Now, the question says EVIL RAMPAGE shaves ONLY those men who do not shave himself. Therefore, it would follow that EVIL RAMPAGE both shaves himself and does not shave himself, which is a contradiction.
So it entails a contradiction.

2. His nose would grow.
What Pinocchio is saying is “I just told a lie.” This statement may be true or intentionally deceptive. If it is true, then he just told a lie. If it is intentionally deceptive, then the statement itself is a lie, despite being factual, because it is intended to falsify a true statement.
Lies are about intention…as are truths.
Thus neither gives rise to real paradoxes.
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Jossyking52: 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
Announce the winners na
Re: IQ Test - 10k Jackie by Tk4all(m): 5:14am On Jan 02, 2023
Happy New Year Evilrampage.
I hope you still remember me.

(1) (Reply)

Filipina Woman Claps Back @ Black American Women Over Black Men Dating Abroad / Ezinne Ka "Sliding In My DM Knowing You Don't Have A Passport Is Insane" (pics) / Please I Need Urgent Advice About My Boring Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.