Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer (25846 Views)

Man Narrates How His Friend Was Poisoned To Death Same Day He Was Made Chairman / Scam Alert ; Beware Of Okafor Chukwuma Jonathan A Bet Scammer / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times and how I'm getting to know about it because not only did the guy make the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

my deaf friend is begging me to help him

another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it

I've sent a message to EFCC on Facebook but no response yet

btw I'm also deaf (hard of hearing) so I alone can not do any process to help him recover his fund

so I need your suggestions

thank you

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by feranmi143: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
Yo fish, people will grow up and have problem in life without knowing what they have done in the past

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by LeoDeKing: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
So human beings with functional brains still fall victims for that bet9ja criminal on nairaland?

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Zonefree(m): 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2022

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times

the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

I don't want to believe deafness comes with lack of brain.

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Septagon: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
Times like this,I wish God cud only bless me to lessen the pains u guys are feeling, financially.i can't imagine what it means to be deaf.God!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Septagon: 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
LeoDeKing:
So human beings with functional brains still fall victims for that bet9ja criminal on nairaland?

did u bother to read at all?or u rushed to comment?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
This matter pass garri o...
Well explore all avenue to assist your friend to recover the funds.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by yomi007k(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Baba I taya oo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2022
LeoDeKing:

haba nau, isn't it normal that other people do fall for scam, they are usually being warned but since deaf people aren't rich, they try every means to make their lives better

this deaf guy works in a poultry and the environment is usually sicken, he really wished to make enough to become independent, so him falling for the bait really is not his fault

I myself has been unlucky at times even though I don't play bet but still I won't blame him

just help with useful information that I can use to assist him

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by yomi007k(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

haba nau, isn't it normal that other people do fall for scam, they are usually being warned but since deaf people aren't rich, they try every means to make their lives better

this deaf guy works in a poultry and the environment is usually sicken, he really wished to make enough to become independent, so him falling for the bait really is not his fault

I myself has been unlucky at times even though I don't play bet but still I won't blame him

just help with useful information that I can use to assist him

Victor, gambling or any other immoral money making scheme is not the ideal path to wealth.
You guys have just learnt the hard way.

Stick to your normal jobs, you are blessed already. Quench the greed because that is what pushes you to find "crooked " paths to wealth.

I will advice you and your friend to let it go.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Hendrixky: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
Sorry
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by SucrePlum(f): 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
Wahala wear waistcoat grin

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by PellsKodak: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
K

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by NotKnown: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
Some stories you read on NL will just make you realise that it's either a lie or it didn't happen or you go just weak.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by ImoleNaija: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by tommy589(m): 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
Forget shame inform your association. You know they are going to mob the place, even bystanders would pity the scammer to help in paying back

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by adecz: 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
undecided

These people live by scamming
gullible and greedy citizens. That your
friend is deaf doesn't mean anything to
us or the scammer who are busy
doing their "legitimate' work of
Teaching greedy people sense❗️❗️☺️☺️☺️

The important thing now is that your
friend don learn hard lesson.

Stop wasting your time calling
EFCC for 100k issue. ☹️☹️☹️

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by samuelson06(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:
my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times and how I'm getting to know about it because not only did the guy make the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it

btw I'm also deaf (hard of hearing) so I alone can not do any process to help him recover his fund

thank you

You and your friend sef, what is it with gambling? Make una shift dey one side abeg.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by jimmyolasun: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
grin make i laff
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
B
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by BRATISLAVA: 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

thank you

Put aside the shame. The community is a community to help it's members.

What they will know is insignificant if they can help you guys out.

Besides, you're not deaf. You are hearing impaired and before that you are firstly a person. Stop using negative words to describe your inability to hear. Same goes for your topic.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by generalwo(m): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Some thing must kill a man......
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Omniman(m): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
sad
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
is like the deafness dey also affect him brain too, anyway let him take heart, its normal, mugu must fall in order for guyman to chop
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Moneyboyz: 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

thank you

I hope you all are using hearing aid. Gone are the days people are deaf and remain deaf for life.
Wishing you the best of luck in the funds recovery and don't give anyone money to help you.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Irupetepete: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ok
I see gamblers as greedy people or how do you explain use 1000 to win 25000 if not for greediness...
Scamming is associated with the game so bear the loss and move on...

Fool me once, the joke is on you
Fool me twice, the joke is on me
Wetin we go come talk for this your friend wey dem fool 4x now?

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by illicit(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ur friend no dey hear word abi

Gambling is actually bad

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by jericco1(m): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Better inform your association
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Burgcudi(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
The scammer don spend the money on nonsense. Your friend will surely recover...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
How can he venture into betting to the extent of spending N75K?
Did he stake them once or blin bits?
If the person is an adult, there's no case o.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shoplifter Caught After Returning To Steal In Abuja (Photo) / Man Who Called Two LASPOTECH Students “Prostitutes" And Slapped Them, Slammed / Enugu Police Arrest Suspect From Zamfara Over Attakwu Community Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.