Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer (25857 Views)

Man Narrates How His Friend Was Poisoned To Death Same Day He Was Made Chairman / Scam Alert ; Beware Of Okafor Chukwuma Jonathan A Bet Scammer / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by donsheddy1(m): 2:51am On Jan 01, 2023
You fada dia grin grin grin grin
Zonefree:

I don't want to believe deafness comes with lack of brain.

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Joeyfizzo: 3:06am On Jan 01, 2023
victoryukpong:
my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times and how I'm getting to know about it because not only did the guy make the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

my deaf friend is begging me to help him

another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it

I've sent a message to EFCC on Facebook but no response yet

btw I'm also deaf (hard of hearing) so I alone can not do any process to help him recover his fund

so I need your suggestions

thank you
another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by ccollins(m): 4:40am On Jan 01, 2023
victoryukpong:
my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times and how I'm getting to know about it because not only did the guy make the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

btw I'm also deaf (hard of hearing) so I alone can not do any process to help him recover his fund

thank you
contact me. I am a lawyer, I will see how I can help you.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by TheRealOwner(m): 4:54am On Jan 01, 2023
Slynation:
Inform your community, they will do more to help, some people here might end up and re-scam the both of you in the name of trying to help...

Read this @victoryukpong

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by TheRealOwner(m): 5:08am On Jan 01, 2023
Zonefree:

I don't want to believe deafness comes with lack of brain.

It doesn't, it however comes with naivety, lack of street mentality and enough knowledge of people who will try to exploit them. This is due to lack of normal and regular interaction with normal people.

Disabled people, especially those who were born that way, are treated consciously and unconsciously as lesser humans by those around them. What does this lead to? Low self-esteem, self-loathing, self-harm and a whole bunch of behavioural issues. Why do you think they create special schools for them? Part of the reason is that they will get bullied and exploited badly in normal schools

How many disabled people do you know that are well educated, employed and can take care of themselves with the money earned? Even people with no disabilities who are underemployed or unemployed can commit suicide due to frustration. Now imagine what someone who has no real hope of a decent job or a better tomorrow or full societal integration will go through in this Nigeria.

Don't rush to judge the guy . That ₦75,000 means the world to him and he was just trying to improve his life by getting lucky.

Victoryukpong, I wish you and your friend the very best and I hope you get your money back. Happy New year

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by yomi007k(m): 6:03am On Jan 01, 2023
Lampy336:

Best comment of the year 2022

Happy new month and new year to 2023
wink
Happy New Year to you too.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Desusi: 6:53am On Jan 01, 2023
jericco1:
Better inform your association
Its said that, the matter that was been hidden from papa,will be settled by him eventually. Why hidden it from deaf association? Although when you were playing the game, they didn't know, now that, there's issue, the world must hear it out.!
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Elidrisy20: 7:51am On Jan 01, 2023
If to say him win that betting,we no go hear this story, tell am say na like so life be
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:40am On Jan 01, 2023
Danisbrosautos:
Can you provide the account details he paid to and account name and scammer phone number. This is the first step blacklisting the scammer.

I

ok I will when I get home
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2023
bigiyaro:
How was the money siphoned, is it through bank transfers?

POS he just kept going to the place to send the money and not tell anyone that he was doing it to buy game
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:44am On Jan 01, 2023
kingsceemark:

Tag EFCC on Twitter
thank you
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:47am On Jan 01, 2023
MRNIGERDoxx:

Report The Case To:
www.scamfighters.carrd.co

Send the phone number of the scammer to the contacts below via WhatsApp.

The first contact is for "Scam Fighters"
The second contact is for "PoliceNG"

thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:50am On Jan 01, 2023
Revolva:
You dont want the deaf community to hear about it...so deaf community wey deaf how dem wan hear about it before

News can spread like wild fire in the deaf community

small family issue, other deaf people will know about it, gossip then gist

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:53am On Jan 01, 2023
Truvelisback:
U are deaf, and can read and write these things? Are u really deaf or u are audiotically deaf?

well if according to your question, I'm audiotically or rather say hard of hearing

I'm different from them

I later lost my hearings while some were born with it,

him seeking my help is because I have skills relating to ICT
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2023
jgbemson1:
Kindly tweet EFCC and Ruggedman,segalink and Police PRO

thank you
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by maasoap(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Put aside the shame. The community is a community to help it's members.

What they will know is insignificant if they can help you guys out.

Besides, you're not deaf. You are hearing impaired and before that you are firstly a person. Stop using negative words to describe your inability to hear. Same goes for your topic.

Who is a deaf? Or, that word simply doesn't have any meaning? "Deaf and hearing impaired", which one is a positive word?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Babastrong(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2023
You are compounding your problems. you are a deaf and a gambler. sorry is your situation.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Truvelisback(m): 9:17am On Jan 01, 2023
victoryukpong:

well if according to your question, I'm audiotically or rather say hard of hearing

I'm different from them

I later lost my hearings while some were born with it,

him seeking my help is because I have skills relating to ICT
Oh! U use to hear b4 u lost ur ability to hear. No wonder! I thought u were born deaf.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by MacDani(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2023
I laughed in Tinubu...... Country that uses bet as empowerment. Well issokay
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by yetmao: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2023
This your story, relate it exactly on Twitter. Dont expect help on Nairaland. Twitter is Universal tag necessary people celebrities and activists,

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by BRATISLAVA: 9:53am On Jan 01, 2023
maasoap:

Who is a deaf? Or, that word simply doesn't have any meaning? "Deaf and hearing impaired", which one is a positive word?

Deaf is a derogatory word. The correct term for his condition is hearing impairment.

Thank me later.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by BRATISLAVA: 10:06am On Jan 01, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

When I was in the uni, some students would sneak into the hostels of blind students and steal their phones and money. I am pretty sure that some of those thieves are in the comment section proudly spewing rubbish

Just wow. But don't be surprised there are people who do these things.

Surely, they are here, as there are representatives of the vilest offenses who come in to diffuse their rubbish all over threads.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Baonel(m): 11:23am On Jan 01, 2023
victoryukpong:

thank you
why not post information about the account payment was made too n also his 9ja bet details ? instead of this stories n we take it up from there
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by ibinaboonline: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
There are all kinds of hearing loss and hearing aids doesn't work for all of it.
Moneyboyz:

I hope you all are using hearing aid. Gone are the days people are deaf and remain deaf for life.
Wishing you the best of luck in the funds recovery and don't give anyone money to help you.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by ibinaboonline: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2023
Good bless you. If there's a God in heaven that I serve, may He grant your heart desires.
TheRealOwner:

It doesn't, it however comes with naivety, lack of street mentality and enough knowledge of people who will try to exploit them. This is due to lack of normal and regular interaction with normal people.

Disabled people, especially those who were born that way, are treated consciously and unconsciously as lesser humans by those around them. What does this lead to? Low self-esteem, self-loathing, self-harm and a whole bunch of behavioural issues. Why do you think they create special schools for them? Part of the reason is that they will get bullied and exploited badly in normal schools

How many disabled people do you know that are well educated, employed and can take care of themselves with the money earned? Even people with no disabilities who are underemployed or unemployed can commit suicide due to frustration. Now imagine what someone who has no real hope of a decent job or a better tomorrow or full societal integration will go through in this Nigeria.

Don't rush to judge the guy . That ₦75,000 means the world to him and he was just trying to improve his life by getting lucky.

Victoryukpong, I wish you and your friend the very best and I hope you get your money back. Happy New year

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by SaLongs1(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
Last I checked it must be amounts of 5 million or more before the EFCC will take action otherwise it is a police case.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by buzorcharles(m): 12:25am On Jan 02, 2023
"another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it"

How can they hear abt it when they are deaf?
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2023
Hello everyone, an update on the issue

my friend already traveled yesterday, he sent me a message on Facebook to inform me he had returned

seems he really did not want people to know about his loss

thanks for your suggestions and recommendations because they were very very useful
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2023
Baonel:
why not post information about the account payment was made too n also his 9ja bet details ? instead of this stories n we take it up from there

sadly he has traveled back to his base already, so I can't get him to use Android phone so I can screenshot it for him
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by victoryukpong(m): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2023
TheRealOwner:

thank you very much

only issue now is, he has gone back to his base

I really feel sorry for him because there's nothing I could do for him

he will have to resume the job he is doing even though he doesn't like it that much (fishery and poultry with the stench) as he works there

and it'll probably take him a long while to recoup that expenses

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by maasoap(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Deaf is a derogatory word. The correct term for his condition is hearing impairment.

Thank me later.

I can't thank you. We humans just like to deceive ourselves.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by BRATISLAVA: 4:04am On Jan 03, 2023
maasoap:

I can't thank you. We humans just like to deceive ourselves.

Continue living in the dark ages, then. I can't be bothered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

29 Car Snatchers Arrested And 12 Cars Recovered By Police (pics) / British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria / Man Who Called Two LASPOTECH Students “Prostitutes" And Slapped Them, Slammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.