Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer (25856 Views)

Man Narrates How His Friend Was Poisoned To Death Same Day He Was Made Chairman / Scam Alert ; Beware Of Okafor Chukwuma Jonathan A Bet Scammer / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
Zonefree:

I don't want to believe deafness comes with lack of brain.

This is so uncalled for.

It is unnecessary and unneeded.

Help out if you can, if you cannot; Keep Quiet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:55pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:
my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times and how I'm getting to know about it because not only did the guy make the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

my deaf friend is begging me to help him

another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it

I've sent a message to EFCC on Facebook but no response yet

btw I'm also deaf (hard of hearing) so I alone can not do any process to help him recover his fund

so I need your suggestions

thank you
What does his deafness got to do with it?
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by spinna: 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
Una no dey hear word...

Literally and figuratively

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Sleekfingers: 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:
my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

my deaf friend fell for the guys scam 4 times and how I'm getting to know about it because not only did the guy make the deaf person spend as much as ₦75,000 he also made the deaf guy to believe that if he should continue sending more money he will put him in a betting group to get benefit

another situation here is that he does not want to involve the deaf association because of the shame of revealing the scam he fell for because all the deaf community will hear about it

btw I'm also deaf (hard of hearing) so I alone can not do any process to help him recover his fund

thank you

Why so much emphasis on my deaf friend?
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by freddie009(m): 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Irupetepete:
Ok
I see gamblers as greedy people or how do you explain use 1000 to win 25000 if not for greediness...
Scamming is associated with the game so bear the loss and move on...

Fool me once, the joke is on you
Fool me twice, the joke is on me
Wetin we go come talk for this your friend wey dem fool 4x now?

Baba, bet9ja made me my first millionaire, when my master's degree couldn't give me a decent-paying job.

Going through the comments on this thread shows you all have no empathy at all. Why would one scam a deaf person, you should know the deaf have limited information in some ways. How can someone scam a handicapped; your comments are not even encouraging. I don't know if it is immaturity, because the comments sound like teens.

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Tk4all(m): 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
Some of the people here will just be commenting rubbishh.

If scammers can deal with the so called normal people, why are you calling the deaf guy names? Do you people not know that some deafness can reduce someone intelligence to a significant level? It most times affect the brain.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

thank you

Report The Case To:

www.scamfighters.carrd.co

Send the phone number of the scammer to the contacts below via WhatsApp.

The first contact is for "Scam Fighters"

The second contact is for "PoliceNG"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by geunik(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
wiseone28:
So deaf people don't know the trending songs..

At least movie they will reach the translation on the screen
Correct your grammar

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Dramadiddy(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

some hearing condition are beyond hearing aid, some case they can't really talk, I can speak but he cannot, and that's where the issue is

most deaf people only focus their intelligence on what they consider to be creative enough

I lost my hearings at age 12.8
he was born with the hearing and speech condition

people with this challenges naturally have this problem that's why sport betting is their final go to, as they think
this your last statement is what i don’t agree with “that’s why sport betting is their final go to” no no no
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by wiseone28: 10:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
geunik:
Correct your grammar
I was typing it under duress

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Peppysco: 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
Zonefree:

I don't want to believe deafness comes with lack of brain.

Your comment sounds very rude and inhuman. Be grateful to God for for yourself cos if you've ever been around a disabled person, you would know that those guys trust wholeheartedly and will do anything just to be accepted. Moreover, they hardly expect that you or anyone would do any arm to them.
Come to think of it, even person wey complete self, dem dey job am, so, why make it sound like the deafness came with foolishness?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by SIRTee15: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
geunik:
Most of you just comment without thinking. Most of us get to know life by reading and hearing about what others went through in life. Most deaf or hard to hear people don't get to access these easily because they can't get a good job to get them an android or friends and connection.
The poster need all the help in the world. Deaf people fall victim to idiots in this world because they don't have access to security operative too because of society

Nigerians are generally heartless, they lack a compassionate soul. See how they attacking the poor guy.
It's a hard life for these special people- deaf, dumb, disable, dwarf etc; they are largely invisible, barely noticed in the society and mostly keep to themselves within their own community. How then do u expect them to learn life experience and become street smart?

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
grin grin grin
Laffed so hard and fell off the chair

Tell your friend to hack the scammer
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by jessylaurel(f): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

thank you

What the hell took your deaf friend to betting shop. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Revolva(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
You dont want the deaf community to hear about it...so deaf community wey deaf how dem wan hear about it before

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by nedekid: 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
Impress on your deaf friend to be wise next time. I can't tell you to tell him.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Truvelisback(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
victoryukpong:

thank you
U are deaf, and can read and write these things? Are u really deaf or u are audiotically deaf?
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by mediclife1987(m): 12:10am On Jan 01, 2023
LeoDeKing:
So human beings with functional brains still fall victims for that bet9ja criminal on nairaland?

Do you mean bet9ja is a criminal organization, or the bet9ja on nairaland?
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Moneyboyz: 12:32am On Jan 01, 2023
victoryukpong:

some hearing condition are beyond hearing aid, some case they can't really talk, I can speak but he cannot, and that's where the issue is

most deaf people only focus their intelligence on what they consider to be creative enough

I lost my hearings at age 12.8
he was born with the hearing and speech condition

people with this challenges naturally have this problem that's why sport betting is their final go to, as they think

Oh I didn't know that, I hope he receives the help he deserves.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Juniorangel(m): 1:03am On Jan 01, 2023
Please beware of this scammer with this number

+2347042392415
and account details

Williams James
Access bank

1 Like

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by Lampy336: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2023
yomi007k:

Victor, gambling or any other immoral money making scheme is not the ideal path to wealth.
You guys have just learnt the hard way.

Stick to your normal jobs, you are blessed already. Quench the greed because that is what pushes you to find "crooked " paths to wealth.

I will advice you and your friend to let it go.

Best comment of the year 2022

Happy new month and new year to 2023
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2023
Bro, your best bet is to involve the deaf community in the state this fraud happened. The police and EFCC won't care much because the amount involved is less than 100K. Involve the head of the deaf community and go from there.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:29am On Jan 01, 2023
SIRTee15:

Nigerians are generally heartless, they lack a compassionate soul. See how they attacking the poor guy.
It's a hard life for these special people- deaf, dumb, disable, dwarf etc; they are largely invisible, barely noticed in the society and mostly keep to themselves within their own community. How then do u expect them to learn life experience and become street smart?

I heard the case of a deaf guy who saw some fellas gisting in a keke and told them he wanted to buy it. They told him to bring 25K and he did and pushed the keke to his house. All well and good, except that the keke did not belong to the guys that sold it to him for 25k and he did not even collect receipt. The police arrested the deaf guy and locked him up for a while.
Most of these deaf are very unexposed and lack street smarts. As a result, they fall very easy prey to scams.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:31am On Jan 01, 2023
freddie009:

Baba, bet9ja made me my first millionaire, when my master's degree couldn't give a decent-paying job.

Going through the comments on this thread shows you all have no empathy at all. Why would one scam a deaf person, you know a deaf person has limited information in some ways. How can someone scam a handicapped; your comments are not even encouraging. I don't know if is immaturity, because the comments sound like teens.

When I was in the uni, some students would sneak into the hostels of blind students and steal their phones and money. I am pretty sure that some of those thieves are in the comment section proudly spewing rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by 11thGoldTREE: 1:34am On Jan 01, 2023
its time for him to b caught
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by FireUpNow(m): 1:48am On Jan 01, 2023
Your deaf friend get brain to make more money through betting but nor get brain to gprotect himself from being scammed
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by FireUpNow(m): 1:50am On Jan 01, 2023
MRNIGERDoxx:

Report The Case To:

www.scamfighters.carrd.co

Send the phone number of the scammer to the contacts below via WhatsApp.

The first contact is for "Scam Fighters"

The second contact is for "PoliceNG"

Help this OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by jgbemson1: 2:05am On Jan 01, 2023
Kindly tweet EFCC and Ruggedman,segalink and Police PRO

quote author=victoryukpong post=119582049]my deaf friend was scammed by a sport betting scammer, the scammer knew that my friend was deaf and kept asking him to use POS to pay for games and was giving him story instead of booking number

thank you
[/quote]
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by doneback04: 2:06am On Jan 01, 2023
victoryukpong:

thank you

Forget it, tell your friend to get up and start Hustle it New Yes already, your deaf friend is a gambler, nothing like scam he needed profit that was why he continues playing.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by meobizy(f): 2:20am On Jan 01, 2023
Your deaf friend learned a lesson.
Re: Help! My Deaf Friend Was Scammed By Bet Scammer by gaddafe(m): 2:39am On Jan 01, 2023
adecz:
undecided

These people live by scamming
gullible and greedy citizens. That your
friend is deaf doesn't mean anything to
us or the scammer who are busy
doing their "legitimate' work of
Teaching greedy people sense❗️❗️☺️☺️☺️

The important thing now is that your
friend don learn hard lesson.

Stop wasting your time calling
EFCC for 100k issue. ☹️☹️☹️

Nigerians please look up again at this post. This is the line many Nigerians in the first page tolled. They were making jest of the OP and some advising him to let the money go. And you guys are wondering why Nigeria is a mess. We are expecting Peter Obi or whatever shit that wins the election to fix the situation when this is how our mind works. I really pity for the next generation of leaders coming up. The disaster they will meet as Nigeria will be sickening

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

29 Car Snatchers Arrested And 12 Cars Recovered By Police (pics) / Enugu Police Arrest Suspect From Zamfara Over Attakwu Community Attack / British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.