Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. (5270 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Laird(m): 10:01am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So a 30-year-old who lives at home in a house that belongs to his parents, enjoying free food which his parents can afford to give him, and all else, all while saving up to build his own house which he can then move out into is not a complete man? undecided
So a 30-year-old man living with his parents and paying a portion of the bills for and with them, thereby enabling his parents to have some funds to put away for a nest egg or other issues, is not a complete man? undecided

Why do some of you set these outrageous standards for others? undecided

Dont mind some people

Do You know how much rents cost now

Even some people abroad still stay with their parents

Rents are expensive in most cities in the world

Why spend so much when that money can be channeled to more productive ventures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by jamesversion: 10:01am On Jan 01, 2023
lilvicky68:
Year never even start well una don dey put people under pressure grin

No be small thing oh. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Laird(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2023
tunjijones:

At 39 you still stay in your parents house? That's a definition of failure to me. When do you want to start start your life?

Guy na new year before this, start planning of how to move to your own house.

At 26 when I finished my service. One of my cousins asked me to move to a different city so she can help me get a job. She was staying in the heart of the city and in a house almost like a mansion. I had every thing at my disposal except respect. My cousin wi be telling me to go and make noddles for her 15 years old son. My aunty will be telling me to go and buy recharge card for her when her 15 yrs old son dey. I told myself I wld move out after 6 months. Which I did. I moved to a single room apartment in the suburb and it felt like heaven. The freedom, the peace of mind and all that.

It's 7 years ago now and I have been able achieve a lot. I have even started building my own house.

The Guy You are talking to is Techguy that earns abroad money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Barims(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2023
skultrick:

It's not assumption, it's a fact. Do your research on the dangers of comfort zone. You think paying lesser bills will allow you save more, nah, it doesn’t. Higher income is what allows you to save more and achieve more.

2. Not everyone will be rich or wealthy if that's your definition of success. The bottom line here is that you will achieve more financially when you live that comfort zone.

You are Stupid, that's all I can say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Karleb(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2023
tunjijones:

At 39 you still stay in your parents house? That's a definition of failure to me. When do you want to start start your life?

I'm 45.
Single.
Stay with my parents.

Please advice. embarassed cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Maxxim: 10:52am On Jan 01, 2023
Karleb:

I'm 45.
Single.
Stay with my parents.

grin
Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Richy4(m): 11:01am On Jan 01, 2023
Karleb:

I'm 45.
Single.
Stay with my parents.

grin grin cheesy
You are starting your own in this brand new year right?...

This is exactly why fraud flourish in Nigeria...
By setting this kind of standard.. not minding a lot of people's situations,... many will go into DO or DIE trying scheme.. Just to measure up to the standard Mr A or Miss B has created.. it's sick.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by The5DME(m): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2023
tunjijones:

Guy na new year before this, start planning of how to move to your own house.

At 26 when I finished my service. One of my cousins asked me to move to a different city so she can help me get a job. She was staying in the heart of the city and in a house almost like a mansion. I had every thing at my disposal except respect. My cousin wi be telling me to go and make noddles for her 15 years old son. My aunty will be telling me to go and buy recharge card for her when her 15 yrs old son dey. I told myself I wld move out after 6 months. Which I did. I moved to a single room apartment in the suburb and it felt like heaven. The freedom, the peace of mind and all that.

It's 7 years ago now and I have been able achieve a lot. I have even started building my own house.
The person you quoted is a software developer with a remote Job, and earns in dollars. I'm pretty sure he can afford to rent a house if he wants to. If one can save cost by living with one's parent; I see no reason why he/she shouldn't as long as they foot the bills of the house. So; why not?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by skultrick(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2023
Barims:

You are Stupid, that's all I can say

Who is this imbeci le? Well, sorry mofo, I'm not the reason why you still stay in you father's house at over 30. Irredeemable fool!!

3 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by KingMack(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2023
e be like say new year blow dey hungry op

1 Like

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Karleb(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2023
Richy4:

grin grin cheesy
You are starting your own in this brand new year right?...

By setting this kind of standard.. not minding a lot of people's situations,... many will go into DO or DIE trying scheme.. Just to measure up to the standard Mr A or Miss B has created.. it's sick.

Start wetin? undecided

All these small small boys will want to use oppression to kill just because they made it quick in life.

It's all fun when you have something going on in your life but it becomes suicidal when you are still trying to find your feet.

Na 45 I 45, I no kill anybody abeg. New year no dey finish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by obyrich(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2023
tommy589:
This austere period is when you want people to forgo free shelter, food etc. Op mind yourself grin
This is how they will be dishing out advice that will end up creating more criminals and suicide incidents in the society. There are late bloomers in life. All families are not the same. I know guys who are in their parents houses but have built houses for tenants. What is this fuss about leaving your parents? All families are not co figured the same way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by obyrich(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2023
tydi:
The Op i'm not mistaken in his late 40s managed to see two bottles of tiger beer drink to cross over the new year and he started feeling like he's grown.
Hopefully he lives in face me I slap you apartment with naked urine smelling foam and a plastic hand fan and he thinks he is now a big guygrin
You get bad mouth. This is 2023. Repent. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by haabidah666: 11:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Just like Op, I left my parents house aged 19... well, what can I say?...

THANK GOD

4 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Richy4(m): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2023
Karleb:

Start wetin? undecided

All these small small boys will want to use oppression to kill just because they made it quick in life.

It's all fun when you have something going on in your life but it becomes suicidal when you are still trying to find your feet.

Na 45 I 45, I no kill anybody abeg. New year no dey finish..

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Reggaemich(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2023
Sometimes people want to move out of there parent's house

But sometimes, circumstances beyond there control, hinders them.

some examples are (spiritual, emotional, physical, psychological) problems

Op, your advice is Good

But na person, wey wear shoe, know were e dey pain nam

1 Like

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
Bad Idea

2 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by tunjijones(m): 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
The5DME:
The person you quoted is a software developer with a remote Job, and earns in dollars. I'm pretty sure he can afford to rent a house if he wants to. If one can save cost by living with one's parent; I see no reason why he/she shouldn't as long as they foot the bills of the house. So; why not?

Not at 39 boss.

I am into software development and IT security too.

After I left my cousin house and I realized there is no free food anywhere, I have to work hard to foot my bills and pay my rent, I think that was what pushed me into IT security and it really paid off. Though it was quit expensive to acquire the knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
A good advice, but not compulsory. It is circumstances/ financial status that should determine if one should rent a place or remain in parents house. What if the parents are peaceful and give out rooms for their mature adult children? What if the parents house is vacant? I hope the OP is not the type who would put pressure on his 30yrs relative. Family should be supportive, family is family.

5 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by horlahwaley(m): 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2023
Op, This advice of yours is not true in all cases. If i had left my mothers house.the money i used to invest then would have been spent on getting new apartment, furnishings and still be working under somebody today after i have spend the money finish. Also, it makes me focus and not inviting unnecessary girls around that would have cause distractions. And also, if it is only your mother you have got, and only you she has got. You cant just leave her house and go rent a place na. If you doing well with that your decision keep it to your self. No cause depression for some people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2023
Maxxim:
If you dey rural area and you struggle with your life, this advice might be applicable, but if you live in lagos where the cost of things are high just stay your papa house and use money renovate am or spend on them your family.

Your comment is the best so far on this thread. I know what my eyes saw before i made it because i was birth and brought up in lagos in an average family setting. I have experience what was like not to receive any support or assistance from anyone. I solely iron life out on my own.

You see the problem with people like OP is that they usually use the same yardstick for everyone and they believe life is black and white. It's a normal protocol, good decision anyone can make leaving his/her parent's abode. This process used to be easy not until recently when things changed and price of commodities skyrocketed. For example, I am sure this Mumu Op will be in his Early 40s now and he is still comparing when things was so easy in nigeria then like 20 to 25years ago, When you would just travel down to Lagos especially with nothing and before you know it, things will start bubbling for you. I can go on and on but i will stop here. Currently i have 3 Married Couples in my inbox begging me for assistance but i have made my decision in that regard. People like OP will keep reasoning this way irrespective of their social status. It's Just a Pity.

PS:I am comfortable and living in a 3 bedroom flat, I will be moving to my New Site any moment from now. But i hate seeing idiots like OP using same yardstick and same condition for everyone.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
Richy4:

grin grin cheesy

Exactly you outlined and summarized the main points. This MENTALITY is the reason why the useless people who they called politicians keeps on getting away with their atrocities. Many among these FEW people who walk such PATH and made it wouldn't tell you what they really did to be successful. You will Just hear, Na God do am bros. You too hustle your way out.

Someone will Just decide to go and be extremely suffering his/herself, all because you want people to acknowledge that you are now a MAN. I don't know who do Nigeria this thing. Some will even be doing SUFFERING COMPETITIONSgrin

This is 2023, I don't know when these breed of beings will get sense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
Reggaemich:
Sometimes people want to move out of there parent's house. But sometimes, circumstances beyond there control, hinders them.some examples are (spiritual, emotional, physical, psychological) problems Op, your advice is Good
But na person, wey wear shoe, know were e dey pain nam
Basically, you mean those who are not mature enough to move out, abi? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
skultrick:
"Challenge" in this context means expanding your horizon. If someone pays for my rent, I'll get too comfortable and never think its worth it to try something new. I'll stick to my 9to5 and perhaps live the rat race hussle
Expanding ke? Most folks never even get their feet on the ground though, how can they be considering expansion when the reality is the math works best if they stay under their parent's roof a bit longer? undecided

Plus, when you move out, you are likely going to find yourself some roommates to help manage the bills anyways, so why bother? What you are suggesting should be targeted at some 30-year-olds, not all of them. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by enchy: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Maxxim: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Your comment is the best so far on this thread. I know what my eyes saw before i made it because i was birth and brought up in lagos in an average family setting. I have experience what was like not to receive any support or assistance from anyone. I solely iron life out on my own.

You see the problem with foolish people like OP is that they usually use the same yardstick for everyone and they believe life is black and white. It's a normal protocol, good decision anyone can make leaving his/her parent's abode. This process used to be easy not until recently when things changed and price of commodities skyrocketed. For example, I am sure this Mumu Op will be in his Early 40s now and he is still comparing when things was so easy in nigeria then like 20 to 25years ago, When you would just travel down to Lagos especially with nothing and before you know it, things will start bubbling for you. I can go on and on but i will stop here. Currently i have 3 Married Couples in my inbox begging me for assistance but i have made my decision in that regard. Foolish people like OP will remain foolish forever irrespective of their social status. I hate stupid people.

PS:I am comfortable and living in a 3 bedroom flat, I will be moving to my New Site any moment from now. But i hate seeing idiots like OP using same yardstick and same condition for everyone.

Well said boss, I don't subscribe to it when people use their pov and situation around them to judge others, whereas people around them might not be so fortunate to meet their kind of helpers and live their lifestyle.

Living in one's parents as I've experienced have made me to understand well my skills and also adopting new ones that could make my future better. If not for that it would have been a rat race where I won't be chanced to review and set things straight for my self.

I pity those who'll take to heart these shitty advices, they could get derailed from their plans and life goals.

His advice would have been valuable if he had addressed them to not relent on their hustle and know when to quit when they start noticing living there seems uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Adiob200(m): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ibechris2:
Congratulations to everyone of u out there. Welcome to 2023.

And if u know u are 30 and still in ur parents house...pls,do everything possible to leave them. It can never be easy at first but I am sure it would be easy as time goes by.

I was privileged to have left my parents at the age of 19 and I never came back except I want to visit them and spend some time with them.

To be honest here,i really suffered when i relocated to a new environment with not enough cash,no brother ,no sister no one to advice me except me alone. I squatted and things became rough that my parents urged me to come back and manage with them,but eventually it became a success story.

This is 2003,take the bold step and leave ur parents and fight ur way to success and see how life would be with u in the near future. I don't mean to insult anyone here but it is imperative to help oneself before it becomes a thing of regret.

Time waits for no one and if u don't take this actions,the thing is,u will regret not taking an action if old age eventually catches up with u.

Thanks and may God bless u guys.
What I can just say ..this op is on point but in life we should be careful, what work for someone can destroy another person..Don’t look at any one to decide ur life..is not Good to be in 30 and be depending on parent..God help us and also make plan for ur self

3 Likes

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by VTJN(m): 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
Evolutionlove:

You see the problem with foolish people like OP is that they usually use the same yardstick for everyone and they believe life is black and white. It's a normal protocol, good decision anyone can make leaving his/her parent's abode. This process used to be easy not until recently when things changed and price of commodities skyrocketed. For example, I am sure this Mumu Op will be in his Early 40s now and he is still comparing when things was so easy in nigeria then like 20 to 25years ago, When you would just travel down to Lagos especially with nothing and before you know it, things will start bubbling for you. I can go on and on but i will stop here. Currently i have 3 Married Couples in my inbox begging me for assistance but i have made my decision in that regard. Foolish people like OP will remain foolish forever irrespective of their social status. I hate stupid people.

what a life

You're just a replica of me. The only difference between you and i is that I'm yet to find my bearing

I singlehandedly see myself through school without collecting penny from my parents, uncles, aunties et al. I was born into a poor family with 5 siblings. I thought i could improve my family poor standard a little through education as my parents weren't educated. I was the best graduating students in my department. I was cutting jobs at the same time schooling. It wasn't easy though but i keep going

My father helped two of his younger siblings when he hasn't birthed any of his children and none of them could help. We weren't entitled to their money. We were just pushing it with the hope that things will get better someday

The meagre 33k monthly stipend i got from FG during NYSC was used in supporting my siblings and my personal upkeep. I am back to my parents house job hunting with no success so far

I guess Op would easily asumne or suggest i leave my father's house.

Op is obviously the kind of person who will easily judged someone without knowing where the person is coming from. Op will judge ladies in their 30s and still single. He will judge some couples married for years and still childless

People like Op should be avoided by all means in life. One of my course mate relocated to UK yesterday and a friend of mine was indirectly telling me if this guy who was a bench warmer back in school, someone who struggled to graduate has gone to the UK while me being the best graduating students cannot even feed

I told him specifically that there's no specific year designated for one to buy car, owned a house, travel to the first world countries or become financially rich. These things happen as we move through stages of growth. Don't let anyone put unnecessary pressure on you

Although it's not being easy but i do hope i get there someday.

Btw, leaving one's father's house isn't a yardstick to success or failure

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by Blake755: 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
I never reach 30 when I reach am I go dey look for advice no stress grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by UnfairLife7(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
VTJN:
what a life

You're just a replica of me. The only difference between you and i is that I'm yet to find my bearing

I singlehandedly see myself through school without collecting penny from my parents, uncles, aunties et al. I was born into a poor family with 5 siblings. I thought i could improve my family poor standard a little through education as my parents weren't educated. I was the best graduating students in my department. I was cutting jobs at the same time schooling. It wasn't easy though but i keep going

My father helped two of his younger siblings when he hasn't birthed any of his children and none of them could help. We weren't entitled to their money. We were just pushing it with the hope that things will get better someday

The meagre 33k monthly stipend i got from FG during NYSC was used in supporting my siblings and my personal upkeep. I am back to my parents house job hunting with no success so far

I guess Op would easily asumne or suggest i leave my father's house.

Op is obviously the kind of person who easily judged someone without knowing where the person is coming from. Op will judge ladies in their 30s and still single. He will judge some married couples married for years and still childless

People like Op should be avoided by all means in life. One of my course mate relocated to UK yesterday and a friend of mine was indirectly telling me if this guy who was a bench warmer back in school, someone who struggled to graduate has gone to the UK while me being the best graduating students cannot even feed

I told him specifically that there's no specific year designated for one to buy car, owned a house, travel to the first world countries or become financially rich. These things happen as we move through stages of growth. Don't let anyone put unnecessary pressure on you

Although it's not being easy but i do hope i get there someday.

Btw, leaving one's father's house isn't a yardstick to success or failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by adebimpe4bako: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
fuulll....ba5tard!!!!!!2003 kill u thereModified: I moved out of my parents house at the age of 20 and I regretted nothing, and I will do it over and over again!!fuulll....ba5tard!!!!!!2003 kill u thereModified: I moved out of my parents house at the age of 20 and I regretted nothing, and I will do it over and over again!!...
Re: If U Are 30 And Still In Ur Parents House,read This. by BATified2023: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
Braveboi1:
you are a compound mumu
n d fool is over 40 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) / Are Men Hoarders (of Their Exs) In Nature?? / I Almost Stole Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.