Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. (943 Views)

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Williams893195: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2023
Hi nairalanders, Good morning and happy new year.
I really need your advice in this situation am in right now.
Last year august I start with my traveling process to Russia ,The agent told me I can work and study here so i saved alot of money to be here.I was granted the visa on September and I got here on the 26th of October.But sincerely it’s another thing I’m seeing here entirely,I’m in a city in Russia called Arkhangelsk.,I go to school everyday from 10 to 5 sometimes 10 to 3 and sometimes 10 to 4.,and this people don’t really employ blacks., not to even talk of how they threaten to send you back to Nigeria or throw you out of their hostel if you miss just a day of not coming to class.I got an opportunity to work in a car wash � but they said it’s a full time job and my schedule can’t really go with it.,I change from naira to rubble at a very expensive rate 1000 rubbles is 11,000 naira and it can only buy just a few things.
I’m beginning to feel I made a very great mistake and a very bad decision of coming here,I still have to pay their school fees of 70,000 rubbles,normally the school fees is 113,000 rubbles but I paid part already and now remains 70,000 rubbles.I’m so sad and depressed at the same time,even the holidays we are given is just a 4days holiday and we back to school again,A guy was telling me a time is coming whereby we will be closing by 7pm and even 9pm.,I never know my coming here is to come and get myself in trouble.,not to also talk of how 3 people are in a room here.,I’ve really reduced drastically in weight I’m now so lean!because I even hardly eat once it’s time to cook the kitchen would be full already and there won’t be space to do anything,so I just go to school and eat later at night.I’m really in shambles.
I really need your advice nairalanders.what can I do?I really need your help with your advice.,no insult please and pardon my grammars.thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2023
I don't really know about Russia and I don't want to generalize but, Russia?
You went to Russia to school and hustle? If it was just schooling and you had a family supporting you back home, it would have been better. But didn't you hear about how racist eastern Europeans are before you went to Russia? I hope you survive shaa and don't have to turn to crime to live. You should keep on looking for jobs, sooner you'd find one that's manageable.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2023
Quick question. Did you make research or any findings at all before travelling?

Russia of all places!!!

SMH undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by ojun50(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Stop thinking and start planning of returning home, it is not late now.

My advice

3 Likes

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Williams893195: 10:31am On Jan 01, 2023
ojun50:
Stop thinking and start planning of returning home, it is not late now.

My advice
I have being thinking of that.,thanks so much.
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by IotEngineer: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2023
Well, a lot of Nigerians are deluded to believing agents, instead of seeking out the right information initially which they don't value.

Anyways, since the mistake has been done, you need to toughen it out by taken a drastic decision. If you must study, look for Multinational companies that requires the use of English as a skill set, that could employ you, but since these companies have left Russia due to sanctions, they may be difficult to come by.

You must be creative. If you have cheap internet and Laptop, you can go into online business and skip Ip blockage with VPN. Working as a cleaner or messenger or waiter for 5 star hotels , Supermarkets and Restaurants is possible, but a lot of them are located in Moscow, you may have to relocate.

A good business to go into is International shipping agent between Russia and Africa ( as well as a import and export broker for manufactured goods and services, you can use your hostel address as a point of contact.

I lived in Russian Federation....But it's longtime ago....It's surprising that things have gotten worse.

Lastly, if you must succeed, look for a homely Russian girl and get engage to her, that way you get housing benefits and some other things or perhaps look for a better country and move to from there. But something that will help you immensely is to understand the Russian language very well.
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by jesmond3945: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2023
Williams893195:
Last year august I start with my traveling process to Russia ,The agent told me I can work and study here so i saved alot of money to be here.I was granted the visa on September and I got here on the 26th of October.But sincerely it’s another thing I’m seeing here entirely,I’m in a city in Russia called Arkhangelsk.,I go to school everyday from 10 to 5 sometimes 10 to 3 and sometimes 10 to 4.,and this people don’t really employ blacks., not to even talk of how they threaten to send you back to Nigeria or throw you out of their hostel if you miss just a day of not coming to class.I got an opportunity to work in a car wash � but they said it’s a full time job and my schedule can’t really go with it.,I change from naira to rubble at a very expensive rate 1000 rubbles is 11,000 naira and it can only buy just a few things.
I’m beginning to feel I made a very great mistake and a very bad decision of coming here,I still have to pay their school fees of 70,000 rubbles,normally the school fees is 113,000 rubbles but I paid part already and now remains 70,000 rubbles.I’m so sad and depressed at the same time,even the holidays we are given is just a 4days holiday and we back to school again,A guy was telling me a time is coming whereby we will be closing by 7pm and even 9pm.,I never know my coming here is to come and get myself in trouble.,not to also talk of how 3 people are in a room here.,I’ve really reduced drastically in weight I’m now so lean!because I even hardly eat once it’s time to cook the kitchen would be full already and there won’t be space to do anything,so I just go to school and eat later at night.I’m really in shambles.
I really need your advice nairalanders.what can I do?I really need your help with your advice.,no insult please and pardon my grammars.thanks.
i dont know the course you are doing but if you are doing IT or medicine or stem then is a plus. You need to understand that russia is facing sanctions at the moment. Money is in short supply and jobs too. However russians and their degree is in demand worldwide especially IT. So what are your priorities?
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Ashirioluwa: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2023
Williams893195:

Different people with different stories

https://www.nairaland.com/7499368/trip-russia-teaching-experience-russia
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by ojun50(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2023
Williams893195:
I have being thinking of that.,thanks so much.

The early the better
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by ednut1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Different people with different stories

https://www.nairaland.com/7499368/trip-russia-teaching-experience-russia
one planned his trip, went to university with moderate fees and opportunities for work around. One believed an agent who took him to a dead city with limited opportunities. This is 2023 people need to use their phones to research. Op you have to tell your relatives to help you out or you come back home.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Ashirioluwa: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
ednut1:
one planned his trip, went to university with moderate fees and opportunities for work around. One believed an agent who took him to a dead city with limited opportunities. This is 2023 people need to use their phones to research. Op you have to tell your relatives ho help you out or you come back home.

You are right bro
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by obonujoker(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
Them go soon conscript you for war...... grin

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by sammirano: 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
Come back home!
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Solanaa: 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
Williams893195:

Sad you're going through a lot buddy! But please don't give up yet, It's for your own good.

As long as you have the money. Keep it going, Keep pushing.

E no easy anywhere, Abi is Emilokan now better than Russia?

If u have the financial capacity to continue, then keep studying. Asides that then you can think of coming back but please try to make as much friends as you can make and get their contacts and mail.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by fasa199(m): 4:44am On Jan 02, 2023
If for anything, don’t come back. Ask questions around and you will see hustlers in the city. Finish your studies. It is more easier to relocate to another country from Russia than from Nigeria.
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Gerrard59(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
fasa199:
If for anything, don’t come back. Ask questions around and you will see hustlers in the city. Finish your studies. It is more easier to relocate to another country from Russia than from Nigeria.

OP, this is true. The other option of dating and marrying a Russian is also there. Although, it won't be easy compared to Moscow or St-Petersburg. A hypothesis I have is that as Russia has been blacklisted by many western countries, enlightened Russians esp women will develop affection for black Africans since quite a number of African countries did not publicly lampoon Russia. Also, check out churches within the region and participate. That way, you meet people who will have some sympathy for you, considering the region.

Next time, please always factor in the economics and immigration laws before choosing to relocate to a country. If anyone is to study in Russia, do so in either Moscow or St. Petersburg, and please target the top institutions so that they can aid in job hunting (e dey help in taking you to the door).

1 Like

Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Blessedarethepe(m): 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
May the Lord rescue you from this situation.............Nigerians are really facing a lot
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Regex: 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Olasyke:
I don't really know about Russia and I don't want to generalize but, Russia?
You went to Russia to school and hustle? If it was just schooling and you had a family supporting you back home, it would have been better. But didn't you hear about how racist eastern Europeans are before you went to Russia? I hope you survive shaa and don't have to turn to crime to live. You should keep on looking for jobs, sooner you'd find one that's manageable.

When it comes to racism, the western Europeans are the worst. I live with a Lithuanian, and his family is an amazing one.
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Regex: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
ednut1:
one planned his trip, went to university with moderate fees and opportunities for work around. One believed an agent who took him to a dead city with limited opportunities. This is 2023 people need to use their phones to research. Op you have to tell your relatives ho help you out or you come back home.

This is it! I couldn't like your pictures anymore.
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by Spanishmilf(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
And someone somewhere was saying russia isn’t a racist country
Re: I’m Confused And I Need Your Advice. by oyesimi: 2:24am On Feb 02
Hello. Really concerned. How are things.
Back to Nigerian?
From someone thinking Russia 🙂

(1) (Reply)

Does Working Remotely For A Foreign Country Guarantee Permanent Residents ? / Anambra Burial Turn Free For All Fight: Over 10 Persons Wounded As In-laws Fight / Nigeria Group In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.