Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP (9323 Views)

If A Presidential Candidate Wins The Majority Of The Votes But Doesn't Have 25% / Nothern Group Removes Shettima As Patron Over Statement On Obi / Desperation Must Not Make You Forfeit Your Right - Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by id4sho(m): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2023
angry
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by MaliCampus: 6:58am On Jan 02, 2023
As e dey pain dem, e go dey Sweet us. grin grin

Lamentation started too early. I never expected it. I thought it suppose to be celebration season. cheesy cheesy

Let me check if APC is also lamenting on another thread.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Abdul05: 6:59am On Jan 02, 2023
Mozegee:
Why are you so pain that he endorsed Obi but you would have been so happy if he has endorsed you lord the drug Barron.

I wasn't in pain...that is how he behaves

Yoruba people don't like him much like that
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2023
ybalogs:
Obidients fails to understand this. Still looking for an active Labour party member in Kwara state . Yet they actually expect him to win. SMH.
lol this one is still living in 1990, go to Twitter and see many young people didn't grassroots campaigning for Obi and all for the, they don't wait for mobilization money like you urchins, there's a popular guy on Twitter that does this in the same Kwara you are saying rubbish about. Can't blame you since you think it all starts and ends in Nairaland.

Be there using nairaland to judge a whole nation, go to the streets and feel the vibe of the common people, even on Nairaland sef you urchins and Mikano boys are just a little fraction of the sensible people that wants a good government.

Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Spiff20(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2023
The PDP and APC's response hints at fear. If Obj's endorsement is worthless or doesn't reflect the mindsets of Nigerians you should have kept quiet. Compelling yourselves to react is clear sign of agitation whether he's produced a councilor or not.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by ybalogs(m): 7:06am On Jan 02, 2023
Antimarraige:
lol this one is still living in 1990, go to Twitter and see many young people didn't grassroots campaigning for Obi and all for the, they don't wait for mobilization money like you urchins, there's a popular guy on Twitter that does this in the same Kwara you are saying rubbish about. Can't blame you since you think it all starts and ends in Nairaland.

Be there using nairaland to judge a whole nation, go to the streets and feel the vibe of the common people, even on Nairaland sef you urchins and Mikano boys are just a little fraction of the sensible people that wants a good government.
Delusion of grandeur.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by goldenchild03: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Baba Obj, weldone there.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by AYOMIDE1948(m): 7:18am On Jan 02, 2023
neither atiku nor obi is a match for tinubu, #HNW
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Masterclass32: 7:19am On Jan 02, 2023
PDP just consoling themselves.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by putin2: 7:24am On Jan 02, 2023
Obj is the greatest Nigeria . And he is man of the moment . Ignore his advise and be disgrace
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Juniorangel(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2023
Please Nairaland beware of this scammer with this number

+2347042392415
and account details

Williams James
Access bank
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by salimsule197: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2023
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by kerry57: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2023
You know all that but ur candidates were still rushing to him for endorsement abi?
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Daniego(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2023
Who ask APC? Infact this reactions from APC and PDP is born put of dear. If OBJ endorsement is not a reflection of majority of Nigerians,why not keep silence? Next month is not far.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Profadvocate: 7:32am On Jan 02, 2023
Let's be realistic people

Why should we vote APC to power ?

Any one canvassing for APC in this country don't like Nigeria and such person can never escape the anger from God

No where is safe
If not that Nigerians are Currupt why are they runing after Tinubu and Atiku
Is because they want to have a share from their wealth

Nigeria youth I have carefully review these candidates let's go for Obi

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2023
I find the opinion expressed below as the best countervailing response to Obasanjo's meddlesomeness in Nigeria's public affairs. Na you alone be former head of state? Na you alone be lover of Nigeria?:

And Saint Obasanjo Speaks

Olukorede Yishau

January 1, 2023

The timing is perfect. New Year’s day, new year’s message. The messanger: Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo, ex-soldier, ex-military Head of State, ex-President, letterman and public speaker.
His message as I see it: I believe Mr Peter Obi has the capacity to make Nigeria great like I did.

I have absolutely no problem with his choice of Mr Peter Obi. It is within his right to make a choice.

What I have problem with is the second leg of his message, the self-praise and the vanity of it all.

Mr Obasanjo is one of the lucckiest human beings on earth. Born of a very humbling background, his decision to join the Army changed his story.

If in doubt of my assertion, consider his role in the civil war, his ascension to the seat of Head of State, and his return to power after years in prison where the late General Sani Abacha dumped him.

Even when it is not his will, he has gotten power without breaking much sweat.
Each time I listen to this erudite former President talk about leadership, I am always marveled.

He comes across as an activist, a fire-spitting one for that matter. Femi Falana and others seem like his colleagues.

But, I have repeatedly told myself: Wait a minute, this man is no activist. He is part of what he is complaining about.

From Nigeria to Europe to America and Asia, anytime he is given the opportunity to talk, he talks as though he is not an African leader who has contributed immensely to the challenges of the continent; he talks like a Messiah who is waiting for the opportunity to change the world; and he talks like an analyst with the best of intentions.

But he is not. We all know he is not. Except we want to deceive ourselves.

Last year, I saw a video of his in a church and he was complaining about the leadership the country has had.

He spoke about security challenges and his fears that churches might soon become dangerous to attend because kidnappers could just walk in and abduct congregants. He sounded convincing like an average activist.

The truth is: He is not far from the truth but my problem is that he talks as though he is not part of the problem.

And in his new year message, he kept hammering on his era as though we didn’t witness it.

He ruled us for some years as military Head of State after General Murtala Mohammed was killed, and he came back as civilian president in 1999.

After his first term in 2003, he secured a second term and led us till 2007 before foisting ailing Umaru Musa Yar’Adua on us.

As President, Obasanjo carried out a privatisation programme.

The idea was for government-owned businesses to be sold to the private sector so that they would be well-run. We are all witnesses to how bad that turned out.

He also invested chunk of money on the power sector and, till today, we are in need of light to determine where the funds went.

Under his watch, the education sector didn’t witness any major turnaround. Under his watch, the health sector didn’t get the lift it deserved.

Under his watch, housing was not improved significantly. Under his watch, respect for the rule of law was near zero.

Ask All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Candidate Bola Tinubu about how he seized the funds meant for local governments in Lagos and ignored the law.

Under his watch, the National Assembly was unstable because he kept getting the leaders impeached because of his disagreement with them.

Under his watch, fewer roads got the attention they deserved. Under his watch, we crawled when we were supposed to be running a marathon.

This same activist, in the twilight of his administration, tried to elongate his tenure. He can deny it from now till tomorrow but we are no fools. Those who played one role or the other in it have spoken.

This great activist also harassed rich individuals and state governors into donating billions for the construction of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library.

The library is complete with a standard hotel and other money-spinning facilities, including a cinema. As I write, it is also his home haven left the sprawling mansion he retired to after his tenure.

At the height of their quarrel, former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose asked him to return Ekiti’s donation to the library.

For me, there is no justification for him as a sitting president to raise money the way he did for a private project. For want of a better word, it is gross abuse of office.

Yet, he speaks against this when others do it. He is unable to remove the speck in his eyes but he is seeing the one in others. What a wonderful man!

The race to pick a successor for outgoing President Muhammadu Buhari has reawakened the activist in Obasanjo and he has been pontificating.

The other day he said one of the mistakes he made was choosing Atiku Abubakar as his deputy.

He said this not long after Atiku became the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the party that made Obasanjo president, but whose membership card he obscenely displayed its public destruction.

Obasanjo cannot divorce himself from the leadership problem Nigeria has. As a matter of fact, he is an integral part of it.

So, he should spare us the pontificating about our leadership deficiency.

He is part and parcel of why we don’t have electricity, good roads, good schools, standard hospitals and many other good things of life.

I must add that this intervention does not imply that Obasanjo is a failure or has nothing to show for his years in office.

It is just to say he is not a saint and he should stop dressing as one.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by lailo: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=Olukat post=119624393][/quote]
What he meant was that he would always leave a better candidate to support evil wish for the country bcs of personal beef. Where did the Shagari government take Nigeria to? Compare to more experienced and credible candidates like Zik and Awo.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by descoay(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2023
I laugh about this endorsement that does not hold water. Asiwaju Tinubu will defeat Peter Obi at the polling unit in front of Obasanjo's house. A man that has no political value and a paperweight that cannot deliver his ward is busy endorsing a candidate that has no structure, that can never win this coming election. He did it in 2019 and failed and never learnt his lesson, he will learn the lesson the hard way this time around. This old man should just respect himself and stop dabbling into politics that that will put him to shame in the end.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 02, 2023
Abdul05:
Was he not the same man who refused to support awolowo in 1979 election

Imagine. .shagari to awolowo even mko nko

That is how he behaves. grin

Next news pls..

Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by JoeNL22(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2023
Why are people(PDAPC) angry about this for christ sake?
OBJ isn't a saint but he has always criticised Buhari from time to time. Till now, Atiku & Tinubu have never ever criticize Buhari, Atiku only reacts to Buhari's failure to score political points with the masses. But Atiku has never outrightly criticised Buhari from Top to bottom. Tinubu nkor? For good 8 years, Tinubu never reacted to the wrong things Buhari did, talkless of criticising him for good 8 years. That's totally and outrightly bad of them. Obj has an ex president has been criticising Buhari queit awhile now, therefore he has realised his mistake of endorsing buhari in 2015, he has realized his mistakes and he is ready to amend it. His not perfect, but thank God he allowed his conscience dictate to him. I wished Tinubu & Atiku did the same
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by ThoughtOfYou: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2023
lailo:

What he meant was that he would always leave a better candidate to support evil wish for the country bcs of personal beef. Where did the Shagari government take Nigeria to? Compare to more experienced and credible candidates like Zik and Awo.

So who is the better candidate in 2023 presidential election?

Tinubu or Atiku?
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by ThoughtOfYou: 8:17am On Jan 02, 2023
descoay:
I laugh about this endorsement that does not hold water. Asiwaju Tinubu will defeat Peter Obi at the polling unit in front of Obasanjo's house. A man that has no political value and a paperweight that cannot deliver his ward is busy endorsing a candidate that has no structure, that can never win this coming election. He did it in 2019 and failed and never learnt his lesson, he will learn the lesson the hard way this time around. This old man should just respect himself and stop dabbling into politics that that will put him to shame in the end.

Why this thing pain una like this?
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by franudi: 9:07am On Jan 02, 2023
Mr. Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by shegz24(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Moferere:
The election is between AA and BT
Know this and know peace grin

As in ehn, many of them know this, they just prefer living in denial.

I cnt wait to see them cry about rigging when the gap between AA and BAT to their candidate is like 11 and 15million.

grin
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Lekan239(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2023
Abdul05:

Next news pls..
he want to be the only yoruba man that rules Nigeria until he die
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by pcagbaji(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2023
SmartPolician:
This is one endorsement that is ruffling a lot of feathers, yet APC claims it has no effect.
Which one be APC again for this story
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by pcagbaji(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2023
All this PDP boys, all of you support rubbish because you want to Cash out from Atiku
It's a pity that some people don't want us come out from this evil government
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Lashist(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2023
Abdul05:

Next news pls..
Olodo, just call OBJ an ipob too na cheesy
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by ejimatic: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2023
madamgrace:
Obj’s Wish on Obi Is Personal Opinion, Does not Reflect the Wishes of Majority of Nigerians, says Atiku/Okowa Campaign

…Insists Atiku Still Most Widely Accepted Candidate

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/obasanjos-wish-on-peter-obi-doesnt-reflect-wishes-of-nigerians-atiku/amp/
OBJ who stole our money for 8 years and spend it on his farm cannot tell us anything about Nigeria.He is a man who does not want any Yoruba man to be like him. He did same to Abiola. Why didn't he support Sowore if he needs a new blood? He is the man that plunged Nigeria into this mess of corruption! The certainty is that LP will Lose in OBJ ward.,local government ,Ogun State , SW and the entire Nigeria. BAT all the way! Omo oko logun omo ale!
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by ejimatic: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2023
madamgrace:
Obj’s Wish on Obi Is Personal Opinion, Does not Reflect the Wishes of Majority of Nigerians, says Atiku/Okowa Campaign

…Insists Atiku Still Most Widely Accepted Candidate

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/obasanjos-wish-on-peter-obi-doesnt-reflect-wishes-of-nigerians-atiku/amp/
OBJ who stole our money for 8 years and spend it on his farm cannot tell us anything about Nigeria.He is a man who does not want any Yoruba man to be like him. He did same to Abiola. Why didn't he support Sowore if he needs a new blood? He is the man that plunged Nigeria into this mess of corruption! The certainty is that LP will Lose in OBJ ward.,local government ,Ogun State , SW and the entire Nigeria. BAT all the way! Omo oko logun omo ale!
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by Freethinker87: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2023
Antimarraige:
Story. So at this my age and exposure,I go wake up on election day, brush and bath, carry my flask and mp3 to polling unit and go stand under sun to vote crooks like Atiku or Tinubu? grin grin grin

You guys are really delusional in this PDAPC tongue tongue

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP by damkin24(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2023
OBJ that wanted to force third term agenda down our throats. Personally I don't rate him high. Buhari will finish his 2nd term by May despite the numerous negative letters of pa OBJ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Nnamdi Kanu Causes Commotion At Court Says"buhari Is Mad He Cant Jail Me"(video) / Atiku Fears Arrest In The US. Returns To Nigeria - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.