Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget (21935 Views)

This Is What I Spent Almost N2,000 On (picture) / How I spent My Xmas. / Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
So... I was bored after service and took a stroll to an eatery a bit far from my area. I was craving for this eatery's particular dish, special jollof and Fried rice but when I got there, they didn't have the special jollof. So I settled for rich jollof and special fried rice. Later stepped it down with a tiny cup of ice cream ( remember, I'm on a budget.). Last week ( Christmas day) I got. a bigger bowl of ice cream for 1400 though this one here is tastier.

Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SztFy4_nhA

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
So... I was bored after service and took a stroll to an eatery a bit far from my area. I was craving for this eatery's particular dish, special jollof and Fried rice but when I got there, they didn't have the special jollof. So I settled for rich jollof and special fried rice. Later stepped it down with a tiny cup of ice cream ( remember, I'm on a budget.). Last week ( Christmas day) I got. a bigger bowl of ice cream for 1400 though this one here is tastier.
Enjoy the video.
Happy New Year! undecided

So many people couldn't afford your special Jollof, not to talk of the ice cream desert. undecided

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Happy New Year! undecided

So many people couldn't afford your special Jollof, not to talk of the ice cream desert. undecided

Happy new year my dear.

Who told you many could not afford it.?

People really trooped in, buying full bags but I just minded my one plate.

I know this year and subsequent years will be better.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by pocohantas(f): 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Happy new year my dear.

Who told you many could not afford it.?

People really trooped in, buying full bags but I just minded my one plate.

I know next year will be better.

grin grin Nigerians must make provision for enjoyment. Na why I like us.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
pocohantas:

grin grin Nigerians must make provision for enjoyment. Na why I like us.

I'm telling you. Forget all this "no money" people are crying. People were spending money like crazy at this eatery. I went to the next one to get pizza, they said pizza is finished. I came out and saw people trooping again to domino, I say no be me and una.

People were just spending like it's their last day on earth. As for me, I just renewed my rent and the thing shake me wotowoto. I cant afford to do anyhow.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ThoughtOfYou: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
Rich kids.
Na una dey make Buhari feel say he has done well for Nigeria.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
ThoughtOfYou:
Rich kids.

My brother, how?
How much did I spend kwanu? On a good day, I go visit four places before I go house but today, I just dey low key.

5 Likes

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
Happy new year my dear. Who told you many could not afford it.? People really trooped in, buying full bags but I just minded my one plate. I know next year will be better.
I remember well how many of the families around us while growing up could only afford basic rice and stew even during the holidays. In fact, what made the meal special was that the kind of rice prepared —Aroso rice instead of the usual rice — and everyone got bigger pieces of meat. undecided

9 Likes

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

I'm telling you. Forget all this "no money" people are crying. People were spending money like crazy at this eatery. I went to the next one to get pizza, they said pizza is finished. I came out and saw people trooping again to domino, I say no be me and una.

People are just spending like it's their last day on earth. As for me, I just renewed my rent and the thing shake me wotowoto. I cant afford to do anyhow.

Some people have money, but it is also common knowledge that people inconvenience themselves to spend/travel during festive periods. No worry, by January 47th, their eyes go clear.

You really tried. Rent for this Dec is not child’s play. Well done!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I remember well how many of the families around us while growing up could only afford basic rice and stew even during the holidays. In fact, what made the meal special was that the kind of rice prepared —Aroso rice instead of the usual rice — and everyone got bigger pieces of meat. undecided

LoL.. oh.. you mean Arosor rice? I was confused at first, it now clicked. Ah. That rice no dey again like that. It's now mamagold and all the rest.

Rice is still a luxury in some homes o. It is well.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
LoL.. oh.. you mean Arosor rice? I was confused at first, it now clicked. Ah. That rice no dey again like that. It's now mamagold and all the rest.
Rice is still a luxury in some homes o. It is well.
Watching the way others lived during Christmas took the delight of the celebration away from me as I felt guilty a lot of the times that my parents could afford so much yet many of those around could barely eat anything. lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Some people have money, but it is also common knowledge that people inconvenience themselves to spend/travel during festive periods. No worry, by January 47th, their eyes go clear.

You really tried. Rent for this Dec is not child’s play. Well done!

LoL.. @January 47th. They will not realize now until then. I grew up knowing that January no be person mate.

Hmm... That rent is the Koko. I hate embarrassment on house issue. So I don't mind denying myself just to settle it. Once that is out of the way, I can now play rough.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Watching the way others lived during Christmas took the delight of the celebration away from me as I felt guilty a lot of the times that my parents could afford so much yet many of those around could barely eat anything. lipsrsealed

Hmmm.... That's life for you.
Christmas was fun all through my childhood days cos my dad made sure he tripped us out to fun parks and everyone around was well to do back then . So I never really saw any family not having a great time.you know, ikoyi those days, it was a huge competition. No body liked to carry last.

It was after I grew up and moved to the mainland I discovered another type of life entirely and began to see things that break my heart.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
Blessedmercy8:
Hmmm.... That's life for you.
Christmas was fun all through my childhood days cos my dad made sure he tripped us out to fun parks and everyone around was well to do back then . So I never really saw any family not having a great time. you ikoyi those days, it was a huge competition. No body liked to carry last.

It was after I grew up and moved to the mainland I discovered another type of life entirely and began to see things that break my heart.
I grew up in Ikorodu — Lagos rd/Benson st., not too far from Garage roundabout — and everybody was definitely not rich. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I attended Ayangbure Primary school, Isiu Grammar school, and later Government College Ikorodu as well. So yes, I was surrounded by the reality of life in Nigeria whichever way I looked, almost every single day of my growing-up-in-Nigeria life. undecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Truvelisback(m): 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
ThoughtOfYou:
Rich kids.

This has nothing to do with rich kids. Ladies generally don't have anything meaning or serious they think abt apart from food, their look and abt the SIMP guy that want to spend on them unlike we men that have so many responsibilities on our heads to carry.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 02, 2023
Truvelisback:
This has nothing to do with rich kids. Ladies generally don't have anything meaning or serious they think abt apart from food, their look and abt the SIMP guy that want to spend on them unlike we men that have so many responsibilities on our heads to carry.

Just listen to yourself. Ladies don't have any serious thing they think about. My bills and rent, na you dey pay am for me?

My wardrobe, na you dey change am? Or did I tell it's a man that is doing all those for me? Please dont say what you don't know and stop generalizing. I'm not like other girls you know that do it.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I grew up in Ikorodu — Lagos rd/Benson st., not too far from Garage roundabout — and everybody was definitely not rich. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I attended Ayangbure Primary school, Isiu Grammar school, and later Government College Ikorodu as well. So yes, I was surrounded by the reality of life in Nigeria whichever way I looked, almost every single day of my growing-up-in-Nigeria life. undecided
Hmmm only God knows what that place looked like back then because till now, ikorodu has not fully developed like that. I've never been there before but from what I hear about the place, it doesn't sound encouraging.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Hmmm only God knows what that please would look like back then because till now, ikorodu has not fully develop like that. I've never been there before but from what I hear about the place, it doesn't sound encouraging.
It used to be quiet and sparsely populated. Back then villages like Maya, Isiu, and Imota were tucked in the middle of nowhere, and with a population of less than 300 in many cases. Now, I barely recognize any of the places as it is all so overcrowded, in a way that makes no sense at all. There are buildings everywhere and no space to even give the eye rest from all the overcrowding. The governments since the time I left really did Ikorodu bad abeg! undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Enjoy the video.

Gbadunment! Another enjoyment is in heaven!

1 Like

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It used to be quiet and sparsely populated. Back then villages like Maya, Isiu, and Imota were tucked in the middle of nowhere, and with a population of less than 300 in many cases. Now, I barely recognize any of the places as it is all so overcrowded, in a way that makes no sense at all. There are buildings everywhere and no space to even give the eye rest from all the overcrowding. The governments since the time I left really did Ikorodu bad abeg! undecided

I know someone who just moved to that area. She said it's still very quiet at least compared to island and mainland environs.

Yeah, the place suddenly got crowded when the mainland became too expensive to live in. Many started trooping to ikorodu where land was cheaper and began to buy land and build. Some went there to rent because it was way cheaper than the mainland. The migration to ikorodu that period was massive.

Maybe they just built anywhere the owners sold to them and because no govt bodies to survey and issue proper building plans as at that time, that was why the buildings were done anyhow.

I don't think the Govt even have interest in that area as they may feel nothing much to gain. The only places you see them flexing muscles and showing interest is the island and mainland where they go about marking buildings up and down so they can get settlement to approve a building project.

You suppose don build Palace for there by now as an old time member of that community. Kor kor grin tongue

Yay! I finally got this emoji!!! I never knew it was downloadable from here na. LoL.. abeg use more. I want that confused one you were using back then.

3 Likes

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Houseofglam7(f): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2023
cool
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by Mophor: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2023
Issokay!!!
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by buygala(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2023
Ok
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2023
Special jollof and Fried rice but when I got there, they didn't have the special jollof.
So I settled for rich jollof and special fried rice.
@OP,
What could be the difference between the 2 kinda jollof rice you mentioned,
We are dying to know

On our moderate budget level @Dem MANNA wink
2023 : Year of watching ya weight cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by ATedanad: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2023
Please Vote for PETER OBI for a better Nigeria

God bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by tk4radi: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2023
Very Good
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by KingLennon(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2023
Your low-key budget food is many people dream meal. The number of impoverish people living in Nigeria has doubled o...

Nice combo sha ʘ‿ʘ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2023
Blessedmercy8:

Enjoy the video.

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How I Spent The New Year Low Key On A Budget by tiswell(m): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2023
rest oga!

How you spent ya new year isn't anybody's biz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Delivers After Two-Years Pregnancy / If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children? / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.