Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out (30136 Views)

Delta Hospital Allegedly Seizes Newborn Baby Over N383,500 Bill / NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Dr. Chima Matthew Dances To Calm Down His Patient's Siblings In Florida, US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by juvewalex(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2023
It's sad really and RIP to the doctor but what about those who have lost their lives in the hands of Nigerian doctors due to their reckleness and negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Lagusta(m): 9:23am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Chaii..
My dear I cannot lie.. Even I chatting was almost moved to strike a doctor on certain occasions.

The way they act like executioners is so heart wrenching.

Should we even call them doctors or non chalant killers?

You should be more scared because the good doctors are travelling out, leaving you in the hands of quacks and charlatans...

Have fun sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:25am On Jan 03, 2023
Lagusta:

You should be more scared because the good doctors are travelling out, leaving you in the hands of quacks and charlatans...

Have fun sad
I will be better secured procuring concoctions from world class herbalist bro.

Green leaves saves lives too

2 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Dawson126: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2023
Dr Uyi Iluobe a young Nigerian doctor, entrepreneur and an ordained minister with the Church of God Mission Ministries, was gruesomely murdered in his privately-owned hospital (Olive clinic) in the town of Oghara-eki by unknown assailants on the evening of 29th December 2022 while everyone was busy with end of year preparations.

At a time when most doctors are dumping the country for greener pastures abroad those who stayed back are falling victims to the poor security situation of the country. Dr Uyi stayed back and established a clinic that provides care to the people of Oghara-eki. His knowledge has been a blessing to the host community as he is well known to the people whom he provides care with love and sense of duty.

Sources close to the family have revealed exclusively that Dr Uyi has received numerous threats in the course of his selfless services either by patients who do not want to pay for services rendered or those who felt that he was a foreigner in the land and should offer free care to them by force. Few days before he was assassinated a gunshot victim was brought to the hospital and in following the laws, he advised that they would need to provide a police report while treatment is commenced but they rather insisted that the victim be treated off police notification. He refused and they took the gunshot victim away angry and furious

On the day of the attack, he was in the consulting room with a patient (who is currently at large). The patient was said to have come in with severe pains and was being reviewed urgently without registration in medical records when suddenly the assailants came in and shot him dead. The lady (supposed patient) and the assassins left hurriedly in a car parked outside the hospital while other hospital staffs were all lying face down and in fear.

This is the most gruesome manner to kill a doctor who places the wellbeing of the community he serves in high esteem.

The body of the late doctor has been deposited in the mortuary while the security agencies are making efforts to fish out his killers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by wiseone28: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2023
Wahala for who sick

I'm my own doctor.
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Smokedetector: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Chaii..
My dear I cannot lie.. Even I chatting was almost moved to strike a doctor on certain occasions.

Doctors are not the reason you are miserable

10 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by 4reala(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2023
What really happened?
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by joyandfaith: 9:26am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Chaii..

Do you pay for consultation fees? I blame some doctors who offer free advice through chatting or calls. You wouldn't appreciate what you don't pay for. Because of people like you doctors should not jump protocol for any patient.

4 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2023
Smokedetector:

Doctors are not the reason you are miserable
I can give you a trail and stitch a straight line that directly attaches the incompetence of Nigeria doctors to the current decadence in the Nigeria society.

After SARS the next menace was the Nigeria doctors.. But we hoped the bad ones will japa by default. But they remained

2 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by kingamaa(m): 9:30am On Jan 03, 2023
This is despicable to say the least.

Killed in his hospital da

Overworked and underpaid

Burnout and depressed

Yet struggling to attend to his patients

And then this. No way

This shocking and unbelievable

Assault on health care workers is now a daily occurrence but murder is a no no

This is
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by juman(m): 9:30am On Jan 03, 2023
How the patient died.
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2023
joyandfaith:

Do you pay for consultation fees? I blame some doctors who offer free advice through chatting or calls. You wouldn't appreciate what you don't pay for. Because of people like you doctors should not jump protocol for any patient.

Well like I said earlier, Nigerian doctors mistake their job for an engineering or bank job, where you can play around and still get the figures right..

in medicine we talking blood flesh and bones.. Foreign doctors know this facts.. Only Nigeria doctors keep playing around with people's lives and people souls

3 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Neddstark: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2023
What if the hospital was closed? Or ghe doctor refused to be on duty. The Nigerian society is filled with animals.
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Lagusta(m): 9:32am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
I will be better secured procuring concoctions from world class herbalist bro.

Green leaves saves lives too

Dear sir,

Kindly note that these "herbs and concoctions" rarely go through due pharmacovigilance and quality control.

They are not well studied.

We don't know their adverse effects, lethal dose, or if they can be given to pregnant women.

Let's try to be careful shaa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by CaptainAyub: 9:33am On Jan 03, 2023
VIKTO83:
Even though I'm quite understanding person, my patients and patient's relatives can't take me for granted.
D3m no born dem well.
I dispose my duty professionally and diligently.
But wh3n they meet me they know I have A1 on d streets too.
They know they will have equal measure of madness if they chose to bring madness to me.

All that has met me know say i be mad Doctor as long as it has to do with managing mad patients or patient's relatives that are mad.
Nnaa,one of them wan start that problem one day for A&E,I fold my shirt sleeves,drop steth,tell am say make he come make we gidi am.
Average Nigerian wants to intimidate the next person and won't stop until they meet resistance.

4 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2023
Lagusta:

Dear sir,

Kindly note that these "herbs and concoctions" rarely go through due pharmacovigilance and quality control.

They are not well studied.

We don't know their adverse effects, lethal dose, or if they can be given to pregnant women.

Let's try to be careful shaa
In the current situation, every babalawo is a chief medical director..

Since the trained doctors are just out to play ping pong with people's lives

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Neddstark: 9:34am On Jan 03, 2023
joyandfaith:

I swear. When you pay for something, you value the service better. Even traditional practitioners insist on consultation fees.

1 Like

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Lagusta(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

Well like I said earlier, Nigerian doctors mistake their job for an engineering or bank job, where you can play around and still get the figures right..

in medicine we talking blood flesh and bones.. Foreign doctors know this facts.. Only Nigeria doctors keep playing around with people's lives and people souls

Oga this is not true abeg

Why are you generalising this?

There are good and bad doctors EVERYWHERE! I mean all over the world.

It's so rampant here in Nigeria because the good doctors have left the country, and there is virtually no security anymore

1 Like

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Lagusta(m): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

I understand you baba

It all boils down to the government. If it took good care of doctors in Nigeria, we won't see the massive brain drain, leading to one doctor taking care of 25,000 Nigerians.

I'm sure that doctor was the only one in that hospital and he had a lot of patients to attend to

2 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Neddstark: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

Shut the hell up. If you hate Nigerian medical doctors then don't use them. Make sure you travel to Togo and get medical care there when you are sick. Doctors are out there saving lives at a low pay. If you think a hospital is not giving good service, then go to Reddington hospital or Evercare and get the best. Unfortunately, you cannot afford it.

5 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by HonestFriend27: 9:38am On Jan 03, 2023
So many norms are changing...OBidients are truly ready to salvage Nigeria
dapaiks20: OBidients have built their own forum...That makes sense. I believe the forum will serve all Nigerians..B4 and after PO wins

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2023
Neddstark:

Shut the hell up. If you hate Nigerian medical doctors then don't use them. Make sure you travel to Togo and get medical care there when you are sick. Doctors are out there saving lives at a low pay. If you think a hospital is not giving good service, then go to Reddington hospital or Evercare and get the best. Unfortunately, you cannot afford it.

This retarrd is in my mention already.. Running banters with a mad man is not adviced.

So I will shake you off for now.. Bye bye

2 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Father4all: 9:40am On Jan 03, 2023
Maybe he don fu*k pesin wife. This Nigerian doctors are dogs grin
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2023
Lagusta:

I understand you baba

It all boils down to the government. If it took good care of doctors in Nigeria, we won't see the massive brain drain, leading to one doctor taking care of 25,000 Nigerians.

I'm sure that doctor was the only one in that hospital and he had a lot of patients to attend to
simple thing he should have done is to resign.. Simple.. Better to be carrying kponkpon and doing bricklayer work,:than to be an accomplice to murder

1 Like

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by SAD007(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2023
Away from the madness abeg.

Please who has a link to the empress njamah nude video.. Tag me with it
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by TheOgaBoss: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2023
Lagusta:

Have fun sad
leave the guy make he dey talk, na God dey save us for this country, go to most hospitals, the mor experienced consultants are all gone, only young doctors who would ordinarily be interns in advanced countries are available.

1 Like

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by LordEclipse: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2023
What did the doctor do?That's the question..80 percent of these doctors are wicked and evil. I've seen and heard doctors abandoning patients to bleed to death just because of as little as #20 deposit..if you do that to my relative,bro.you,and your kids will pay dearly for it too

2 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by timiade446(m): 9:43am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
9ja doctors are just doing assisted suicide in the various hospitals.

when you bring a patient for treatment, they only assist the patient to die and not to recover

and like Tupac said "revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting pvssy".. So don't judge them killers for now (infact I stand with them)

because the doctor is not your relative abi

Blockhead
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Neddstark: 9:43am On Jan 03, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

This retarrd is in my mention already.. Running banters with a mad man is not adviced.

So I will shake you off for now.. Bye bye

Your brains are full of faeces. Infact your existence is a curse to the society. How can someone in his mind deride doctors that save human lives. Wicked soul.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Takolee: 9:44am On Jan 03, 2023
[quote author=OurBusinessIsPr post=119660425]9ja doctors are just doing assisted suicide in the various hospitals.

when you bring a patient for treatment, they only assist the patient to die and not to recover

[color=#000099][b]and like Tupac said "revenge is the sweetest joy.

Wow!
Nigerians!
Re: Dr Uyi Iluobe Killed By His Patient's Relatives In Delta Hospital. NMA Cries Out by Spectrum22: 9:44am On Jan 03, 2023
Some years ago my beloved brother died in the hands of a careless and very arrogant doctor.

It's just like yesterday, the pain has not faded. The guy is gone forever.

At the time I wished I could kill the bastard, but I couldn't.

I don't feel sorry for this doctor or his family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Am I Depressed? [Picture] / Uniabuja Student Gives Birth In The Hostel By Herself / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.