Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I (34672 Views)

Glory Nkwocha: Stray Bullet Kills NSCDC Official During Imo Army, Hoodlums Clash / Thunder Strike Kills Final Year Student After Leaving Exam Hall In Plateau State / Robbers Disguised As Security Men Injure A Student As He Cries Out (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by BadNews: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
Lawless Nigerian Army Personnel Open Fire On Passengers’ Bus In Imo State, Kill Final-Year Medical Student, Others

Some errant personnel of the Nigerian Army deployed to a checkpoint in Imo State have opened fire on a commercial bus conveying passengers from Owerri, Imo State, to Umuaka, SaharaReporters has gathered.

The incident, it was learnt, occurred on 31st of December, 2022 at Ubomiri.

Multiple sources told SaharaReporters that many passengers died while others sustained injuries in the process.

Among those killed by the soldiers was a final-year Medical Radiography student of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, identified as Godson Chigaemezu Anumenwe.

The deceased was said to be travelling to his hometown.

The army killed my brother as he was going to our hometown. He was travelling from Owerri to Umuaka. He was shot dead at Ubomiri.

“His name is Anumenwe Godson Chigaemezu. He is from umuaka Imo State. Army shot at their bus. Some died, some escaped and some sustained injuries,
” a brother of the deceased told SaharaReporters.

An eyewitness said the reason why the soldiers opened fire on the bus was still unknown.

“We can’t say this was the reason why the opened fire on the bus, as they were firing shots at the bus, the driver jumped out. Others jumped out too. These soldiers didn’t stop; they were still shooting as the passengers were fleeing. The bullets hit some of them who died while many others were injured during the deliberate shelling.”

Recently, two siblings were reportedly killed by trigger-happy soldiers for allegedly smuggling foreign rice in Ogun State, causing pandemonium in the state.

It was learnt that the soldiers immediately fled the scene after shooting the siblings as angry youths took over the streets in protest.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/03/exclusive-lawless-nigerian-army-personnel-open-fire-passengers-bus-imo-state-kill-final

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by BadNews: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
Is Tired Of Publishing Bad News

7 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by SucrePlum(f): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
Could be cult related killings

1 Like

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by illicit(m): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
Pls stop the killings

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by BadNews: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
illicit:
Pls stop the killings

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Roboto11: 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hmm.

The East should take it easy.

6 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by aycapri(m): 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
This is getting out of hand,

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by devilmaycry: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Smh...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by ThoughtOfYou: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
These young people, instead of thinking on how to take back their country on February, 25.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Karlovych: 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
embarassed RIP to the young man, Emilokan is responsible for this evil

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Paragon311(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Is this how South East will continue to be till Election and After Election.

What a Big Shame to the Names that matters in that Region.

Call your Wards to order please.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by ImoleNaija: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
These unknown gunmen are bent on making the SE a desolate region.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by NwaNimo1(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by owobokiri(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
It was not stray bullets!
This is pure misinformation..
The security agents opened fire on a crowded bus conveying passengers from Owerri to their respective villages around Orlu.
Many died and many were injured.
Everybody knows how commercial vehicles look like in Nigeria, so when some intoxicated security agents start to claim that they shot at a commercial bus and killed many by accident, it's obvious they're lying!
A massacre has been commissioned in the East before our very eyes.
The janja-weed party is trying desperately to kill us off..
Those entrusted with the job of safeguarding the people are those killing them in Imo State

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by kingsobasi(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
There was a country

Bring on Peter Obi, we need a breath of fresh air in this country.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by marlow1962(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by RichDad1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
Insecurities in the SE is none of your business if you’re not Igbo.
After all there’s a lot of killings going on in the NE and NW.

12 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by NaijaCover(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Too bad

God Almighty Please Help out

2 Likes

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by sukkot: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2023
shocked ndi imo

1 Like

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by brain54(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2023
E be like say na bad news Dey sell now and attract traffic for NL…

Na wah o!

1 Like

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by muykem: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2023
Nnamidi kanu is a curse to his people. Cannabis tribe of Nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by freddie009(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2023
Damn, after all the struggles. When his parents were about to reap the fruit of their labour. My dad told me bad things mostly happens at night, I hardly move at Night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
From historical findings, the civil began like a joke just like this. It began out of the bone of contention that they were marginalised, and the same history is repeating itself again.

Where you denied FAAC? Hell No!

Was the FAAC used to develop the east? Hell no!

Did the so called leaders in the east develop their region with the FAAC? Hell no?

Did the youths hold their leaders responsible? Hell no!

So history is repeating itself again, and I can categorically tell you that if civil war happen again, the east will suffer more set back and nobody will trust the south east again. And this will further make it impossible for the east to rule Nigeria.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Walai(m): 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2023
Reminds me when naijz cover brother was bruised and his phone stolen by ordinary street boys in PH. He create a thread and was panicking and lamenting on that but he loves creating thread about people's death.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Kewtt: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
It is hard to be sympathetic. It is on this forum that people have been hailing these notorious ipob miscreants and terrorists as Biafra defence forces... You see that problem you are looking for.... you will find in trailer loads

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by Soso990240(m): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
The Imo state Governor is fueling insecurity in Imo state so as to use it against the masses during election. But I blame all these rubbish on Nnamdi Kanu. If he hadn't started this ESN things, criminals for no see excuse. But now Politicians are using their thugs now as Unknown Gun men. When they are caught or shot dead, the military will tag them Ipob

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by KingKO22: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2023
Beeeerfraud or death

MNK is our Messiah so we must follow his will

We will resist the deadly package of another failure as Messiah of Nyamirin Zombipigs in Nigeria. They should make him the President of Beeeerfraud. Basic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I by owobokiri(m): 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2023
Baddosqqi:
From historical findings, the civil began like a joke just like this. It began out of the bone of contention that they were marginalised, and the same history is repeating itself again.

Where you denied FAAC? Hell No!

Was the FAAC used to develop the east? Hell no!

Did the so called leaders in the east develop their region with the FAAC? Hell no?

Did the youths hold their leaders responsible? Hell no!

So history is repeating itself again, and I can categorically tell you that if civil war happen again, the east will suffer more set back and nobody will trust the south east again. And this will further make it impossible for the east to rule Nigeria.

FAAC Kee you dia
Do we share your Cocoa money or zamfara gold revenue in your socalled FAAC!?
Do we have to be in the same country with you?
Are we Siamese twins?
The east wants out... Which part of that sounds Greece to you?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Tries To Kill An American In Lagos (Photos) / Three Internet Fraudsters Arrested By EFCC In Enugu / Police Kill Kaduna Bandit In Military Uniform, Recover AK49 Rifle, Revolver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.