Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

The Silent Treatment - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Silent Treatment (5189 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 2:47am On Sep 27, 2011
CalienteMi:

Now I see why the guy acted childish, he was matching style for style. lipsrsealed

Oh you really want to get into personal tic and tac Ms. Going to See A Man You Don't Know, Never Met, and Don't Trust?

I will adhere to Mukina's warning about not derailing threads and will not get into a bout with you.

Excuse me OP this person doesn't want someone to have an opinion that is differ from hers and take minor things extremely personal.

It is Chima - ahahahahahaha

woman you are something else!!!!! I knew it sounded like you. stop playing!!!
Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 2:49am On Sep 27, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

*in my J. Anthony Brown voice*

[size=18pt]'Oh Goddamn!' [/size] grin

OK Mz Darkskin - I will stop - when you show up - it is like a calming effect - I calm down. Thank you for your presence.

Chima riles us up - Ms. Trashy

You calm us down - Ms. Classy

I love you both (even though sometimes Chima makes me mad)
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 27, 2011
Shy-One:

OK Mz Darkskin - I will stop - when you show up - it is like a calming effect - I calm down. Thank you for your presence.

Chima riles us up - Ms. Trashy

You calm us down - Ms. Classy

I love you both (even though sometimes Chima makes me mad)

awe! thanks!
glad to know. cool

just let it go. no need to get all wound up!
we all have our own methods when it comes to drama in our relationships!
sharing our experiences shouldn't lead to a cyber fight ladies. kiss kiss
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 27, 2011
undecided
Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 3:01am On Sep 27, 2011
REALITY101:

You're one chick I would love to go on a date with. . Imagining what she looks like  undecided

Ms. Chima please don't interfere undecided  wink

You flatter me  embarassed

Lax75:

Lol.

Sister Shy, this is funny, and quite strategic I must admit. You cornered him.

Lax - I had dealt with it for 2 years - trying to be a good wifey - but it really hurt - it hurts when someone gives silent treatment and you go over the top to please them.  It really hurts especially if you are from an environment where you talk about your thoughts, troubles and concerns.  My family - both parents were teachers and had masters and doctoral degrees and really believed in discussing and working things out.  So to find out that my husband (now deceased) was into using a "silent treatment" approach - I found out after we married that one of his few not-so-good qualities was this approach - I just knew for the sake of the marriage and resolving issues "we had to talk" - so I had to study what would or wouldn't be the most effective approach - and those were what nipped it in the bud.  I felt a bit guilty about "spending his money" though because he was a very frugal saver and I knew if I spent money - he wouldn't stay silent for long.  Also, hiding his underwear and deodorant - gave me a bit of qualms as well - but I needed him to talk to me and it was effective.  I knew that crying or screaming or theatrics would not work on him at all.

We were able to work things out by talking things through.  cheesy

So how have you been?  I will respond to your last transmittal.
Re: The Silent Treatment by CalienteMi: 3:03am On Sep 27, 2011
Shy-One:

It is Chima - ahahahahahaha

woman you are something else!!!!!  I knew it sounded like you.  stop playing!!!

Stop lying because you already knew it was me when someone told you on another thread.  

I see you calmed your arse down because I am the last person you want to get into a personal tic and tac with.  

If you are getting upset because someone's opinions doesn't agree with yours you may want to get that checked. That's not healthy.
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 27, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 3:05am On Sep 27, 2011
@ CalienteMi (what kind of crazy ish name have you picked this time - did you watch too much TV? where are you coming up with these names?)

How do I know who you are or who you aren't?  Just because someone said it doesn't make it so.

Stop arguing all the time - why in the heck are you banned this time?

What did you do?
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 27, 2011
undecided undecided

REALITY101:

undecided

shutup there! angry
you want to see a fight, abi?! angry
well put up your dukes and take me on! grin
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 27, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

undecided undecided

shutup there!  angry
you want to see a fight, abi?!  angry
well put up your dukes and turn me on!  grin

No thanks at the highlighted undecided

I love it when girls go wild. . Boring without it  undecided
Re: The Silent Treatment by Lax75(m): 3:13am On Sep 27, 2011
Shy-One:

You flatter me  embarassed

Lax - I had dealt with it for 2 years - trying to be a good wifey - but it really hurt - it hurts when someone gives silent treatment and you go over the top to please them.  It really hurts especially if you are from an environment where you talk about your thoughts, troubles and concerns.  My family - both parents were teachers and had masters and doctoral degrees and really believed in discussing and working things out.  So to find out that my husband (now deceased) was into using a "silent treatment" approach - I found out after we married that one of his few not-so-good qualities was this approach - I just knew for the sake of the marriage and resolving issues "we had to talk" - so I had to study what would or wouldn't be the most effective approach - and those were what nipped it in the bud.  I felt a bit guilty about "spending his money" though because he was a very frugal saver and I knew if I spent money - he wouldn't stay silent for long.  Also, hiding his underwear and deodorant - gave me a bit of qualms as well - but I needed him to talk to me and it was effective.  I knew that crying or screaming or theatrics would not work on him at all.

We were able to work things out by talking things through.  cheesy

So how have you been?  I will respond to your last transmittal.  

Hey! Been doing ok. Cool, take your time.

What you did in response to the silent treatment was kinda cute. I must admit. If that was me you did it to, I would have been mad as hell, but on the inside I wouldve been kinda light-hearted and touched, but I would still keep a straight face not to let you know!

Lol
Re: The Silent Treatment by CalienteMi: 3:15am On Sep 27, 2011
Shy-One:

Stop arguing all the time -

Stop taking poo personal all the time and we weren't need to have any bouts of any kind.  

OP.

Grown adults in a relationship or marriage will not solve anything with silent treatments. Communicate like adults and lay it on the table.  If you have to play childish games with your partner just to get a rise out of them then don't expect your relationship to get any more mature then it is.
Re: The Silent Treatment by CalienteMi: 3:17am On Sep 27, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 27, 2011
^jealous? angry

REALITY101:

No thanks at the highlighted  undecided

I love it when girls go wild. . Boring without it  undecided

Turn me on!
You wish!  grin

@topic the silent treatment is not my style but if need be i will
keep my mouth shut and remove myself from the room all together as i
get my thoughts together and prepare for the inevitable confrontation.  cheesy
Re: The Silent Treatment by CalienteMi: 3:26am On Sep 27, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 27, 2011
Drailers
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 27, 2011
REALITY101:

Drailers

Hooked on phonics. tongue
Re: The Silent Treatment by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 27, 2011
CalienteMi:

Did this heffa just say jealous?  Chile do not make me throw up again. 

You know damn well you will not remove your loud arse out of the room.  (running from the thread)

angry angry mr.cork get her azz!
Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 3:41am On Sep 27, 2011
Lax75:

What you did in response to the silent treatment was kinda cute. I must admit. If that was me you did it to, I would have been mad as hell, but on the inside I wouldve been kinda light-hearted and touched, but I would still keep a straight face not to let you know!

Lol

He got pretty upset with me - really, really upset - but we worked through it - I really hope I don't have to deal with the "silent treatment" from a future mate again. I tire ooo.

Do you give "silent treatment" or have you received it from another?
Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 3:55am On Sep 27, 2011
@ Lax

I just re-read your comment and saw this part

Lax75:

Lol

If it were you - hmmmmmm

ok
Re: The Silent Treatment by Lax75(m): 3:57am On Sep 27, 2011
Shy-One:

He got pretty upset with me - really, really upset - but we worked through it - I really hope I don't have to deal with the "silent treatment" from a future mate again. I tire ooo.

Do you give "silent treatment" or have you received it from another?

Lol! I see you have blended in and become an honorary naija.

I must admit, I have been guilty of giving the silent treatment. Very guilty as a matter of fact. But maturity and experience has taught me that it is not an effective means of dealing with situations. Not at all. Your mate should be your best friend and you should learn how to air out differences w/out hitting below the belt.
Re: The Silent Treatment by ShyOne(f): 4:04am On Sep 27, 2011
Lax75:

Lol! I see you have blended in and become an honorary naija.

I must admit, I have been guilty of giving the silent treatment. Very guilty as a matter of fact. But maturity and experience has taught me that it is not an effective means of dealing with situations. Not at all. Your mate should be your best friend and you should learn how to air out differences w/out hitting below the belt.

ooooo

ok

I agree - your mate should be your best friend - you should learn how to air out differences - yes maturity and experience are great teachers - thanks for your honesty.
Re: The Silent Treatment by horny4u(f): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2011
@
It is important to remove behaviors that will kill a relationship - remove them early in the relationship so you can thrive and bond for a lasting marriage.

I usually ignore and get it on with my girlfriends but yours is a more effective method especially when mixed with my ignore.

I use ebay a lot and your method will def serve me, I love the razor and shaving cream thingy , my hubby is very meticulous too and gets up in the wee hours , so this will surely get him. tongue lipsrsealed

Hahaha I will def have some fun with this. cheesy
Re: The Silent Treatment by BABE3: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2011
A man is punishing a women tremendously by giving her the silent treatment.

A woman is only sending her man on a vacation by shutting her trap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Conversation Between Daughter & Father / How I ended a scam relationship / Sandra, A Gurl I Wrongly Met.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.