Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) (9417 Views)

The Moment Peter Obi Arrived Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) / Garba Adamu Mocks Peter Obi's Speech At The NBA Conference / The Moment Osinbajo And Tinubu Met At APC South-West Leaders' Meeting (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Robenna(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
If all Nigerians believe it is fair for power to rotate back to the South for another 4 or 8yrs, among the top 2 contestants; Peter Obi is the better candidate from the South for now.

BTW LP & APC: With effective campaigns in the North, LP has the highest chances of securing votes in the North than Bola Tinubu as the North are all tired of APC.

Pdp is just fading
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by JIBO4REAL(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2023
zieraw2005:
Man like Peter Obi. God bless you for all you do for Nigeria.

Does it mean that the past and present Government of Nigeria are not aware about these arable lands in the North?

Can you imagine what we are ignorantly loosing every year and everybody is interested in Oil.

Kindly run side by side comparism of the Taraba State and Netherlands �� and multiply it by 8 years.

Guys this PO has brought joy and happiness for Nigeria.

Believe and trust him. I have trusted him already and he has my vote.

Please is there anything else that he has done that made you to trust him or just by his words,if it’s just by his words all politicians are like that or do you think all those old doesn’t know Nigeria were blessed with fertile land ?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Oxala17: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2023
PointZerom:
The town hall meeting is different from balabloo bloo bluu bulaba.

That one na to dey piss upandan he sabi grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Mcbayo(m): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2023
Jestin:
Anyone that will vote APC in 2023 is no longer a victim of the current situations but an accomplice
. I voted for them in the past and I regret I did
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by kelly72: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2023
truthsayer009:
I have a theory regarding Peter Obi that if he continues like this, even if he doesn't win 2023 elections. he will surely become Nigeria's president in next 4 - 8 years.

I think so too
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Image123(m): 8:27am On Jan 04, 2023
Reinaldo:

You clearly don't know anything about economics.

Obi that knows economics, where is the economics today in Anambra where the current governor(a former good CBN governor) openly dismissed Obi's economics.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Image123(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2023
Conner44:

Ask intelligent questions and you will get intelligent answers wink

1. Taraba is hungry, which state is not hungry?
2. Does Obi plan to drive out the people living in Niger state to make his farm?
3. What does Obi know about farming to say Niger state has better agricultural land than anywhere else?
4. How much did Obi generate from Agriculture in 8years of governing Anambra?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Conner44: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2023
Image123:

1. Taraba is hungry, which state is not hungry?
2. Does Obi plan to drive out the people living in Niger state to make his farm?
3. What does Obi know about farming to say Niger state has better agricultural land than anywhere else?
4. How much did Obi generate from Agriculture in 8years of governing Anambra? 

1. Taraba is hungry, Anambra is hungry, Lagos too is hungry . . . So what was your question concerning hunger and it’s veracity again? Was Obi right or wrong in saying that Taraba was hungry?

2. Niger state remains the biggest state in Nigeria in terms of land mass. The ratio of people to land is like 2:5 so why do you feel land for agriculture will be hard to find in that state?

3. I thought you were among those happy that the trailer drivers delivering foodstuffs from the north to the southeast had started their strike and blocked that route. You always chant that the north feeds the nation abi? Niger state is in what part of the country again? Jog my memory please

4. Anambra had enough food to share and consume to the extent that there was no recorded situation of a famine in his state during his regime and Obi generated enough cash from his state’s recourses to be able to leave billions behind for his successor which had never been done before in the history of the country

So my unfortunate urchin, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you . . . blah blah blah cool

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2023
Conner44:

Don’t you dare compare abacha’s regime to this one. His regime was 10X better than this woeful APC regime in all ramifications corruption included angry

How old were you during Abacha's regime?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by ChicagoBar(m): 8:42am On Jan 04, 2023
Am voting Jagaban Bola Ahmad the man with vision and capacity not comparing Naija state to Europe (Ode) compare Nigeria to American then.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2023
Doyou2019:

Shuo!

At the rate things dey baje, you sure say in 4 years' time, this country still fit dey ?
Biko, we need Obi now, more than ever. It just has to happen now !!!

The northerners who get kidnapped everyday will still go and vote for a Tinubu in APC.
They are our biggest problems.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Willie2015: 8:44am On Jan 04, 2023
truthsayer009:
I have a theory regarding Peter Obi that if he continues like this, even if he doesn't win 2023 elections. he will surely become Nigeria's president in next 4 - 8 years.

If he continues his Nzogbu politics ...
and ignoring the North...
He wont smell the Presidency ...
After Asiwaju 8 yrs..it goes back to the North..
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Conner44: 8:44am On Jan 04, 2023
truthsayer009:

How old were you during Abacha's regime?

Old enough to know that under abacha’s regime Nigerians never suffered half as much as we are suffering today.

It’s like you were still a kid back then to think we are having it better now under APC’s buhari.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Doyou2019: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

What's my business if you're Batified? We're talking of the future of Nigeria, you're mentioning Bat
grin Such self-important pricks, these silly urchins. Mumus clearly have this BATnonsense thing in over their heads. Awon oniyeye.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by pacespot(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2023
I just fact checked Obi's speech in that video, very true o. Netherlands is a very small country, I don't even know which state I can compare it with in Nigeria. The total area of Netherlands is about 41,000 km square, compared to Nigeria's over 923,000 km square. But Netherland nominal GDP is almost 3 times as big as Nigeria, and agriculture is one of major exports in the country with just population of about 17 millions people.

Compared to Nigeria's almost 220 millions population with bigger and more fertile lands, so I ask, how can a small country like Netherlands beat Nigeria in agriculture?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2023
Conner44:

Old enough to know that under abacha’s regime Nigerians never suffered half as much as we are suffering today.

It’s like you were still a kid back then to think we are having it better now under APC’s buhari.

1996 to 1998 was a long time ago but I knew how people rejoiced as if we had escaped slavery. I was in primary school school when the news broke out around 10AM and the school was closed for throughout that week just to celebrate. Tyranny is a far higher evil than mismanagement of funds or economy. Back then if we had Nairaland, Abacha would be arresting us based on our comments. Bro it's not as sweet as you think it is.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2023
Willie2015:

If he continues his Nzogbu politics ...
and ignoring the North...
He wont smell the Presidency ...
After Asiwaju 8 yrs..it goes back to the North..

Is He ignoring the North right now?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Willie2015: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2023
truthsayer009:

Is He ignoring the North right now?

Yes..
Most of his campaign should have been in the North...
South folks are educated and literate..
They can make up their mind about voting..
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by occfx: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2023
zieraw2005:
Man like Peter Obi. God bless you for all you do for Nigeria.

Does it mean that the past and present Government of Nigeria are not aware about these arable lands in the North?

Can you imagine what we are ignorantly loosing every year and everybody is interested in Oil.

Kindly run side by side comparism of the Taraba State and Netherlands �� and multiply it by 8 years.

Guys this PO has brought joy and happiness for Nigeria.

Believe and trust him. I have trusted him already and he has my vote.

Urchins blocked there ears out of hatred and tribalism. Most of them didn't even watch the video. Niger state alone is bigger than Netherlands yet we hustling for visa to go to Netherlands. This abokis ruling us eh, only God will judge all of you for been stupid and ignorant at the same time. Please, let's allow PO do this thing, all of us will benefit.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by occfx: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2023
truthsayer009:

Abeg abeg oo, 4yrs is too much. Going through this APC regime for another 4yrs will result to Civil war
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by amc: 10:41am On Jan 04, 2023
Jestin:
Anyone that will vote APC in 2023 is no longer a victim of the current situations but an accomplice

People are voting persons not necessarily the party. And Tinubu is lucky that he has not been directly involved in governance over the last 8 years and also has a good track record as a Governor.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by amc: 10:42am On Jan 04, 2023
occfx:

Abeg abeg oo, 4yrs is too much. Going through this APC regime for another 4yrs will result to Civil war

The civil war already going on in the SE and it is not because of APC.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by occfx: 10:44am On Jan 04, 2023
amc:

The civil war already going on in the SE and it is not because of APC.

Bro there was no civil war in the east before 2015. APC started the Civil War and its spreading like wild fire. Don't encourage it else it will hit your side soon.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Image123(m): 10:49am On Jan 04, 2023
Conner44:

1. Taraba is hungry, Anambra is hungry, Lagos too is hungry . . . So what was your question concerning hunger and it’s veracity again? Was Obi right or wrong in saying that Taraba was hungry?

In Obi's context, he thinks Taraba is hungry and others are not. While Taraba is poor like almost all of Nigeria that depends on FG, Taraba is not more hungry than most of the others. There is a lot of food and cheap food too in Taraba if you have been there or know about the state. The major occupation of the people of Taraba state is agriculture. Anambra is hungry like you accepted despite having Obi as governor for 8 years. So why should Nigeria employ such a failure? Do we want to continue in hunger decades after Obi, or we would rather go higher and higher like Lagos after Tinubu.

2. Niger state remains the biggest state in Nigeria in terms of land mass. The ratio of people to land is like 2:5 so why do you feel land for agriculture will be hard to find in that state?

Lol, Obi clearly has no idea but is just talking like the average people talk while playing draughts. He thinks agriculture is all about having lnd, lol. He lied yet again that Niger state is 2.5 times of the Netherlands which is incorrect. While Niger state is larger than the Netherlands, it is not up to 2 times of the Netherlands.
At least, we know tht Buhari has farm with about 8 cows or so cheesy cheesy We do not know of Obi's experience with farms that makes him want to turn a state with millions of people in it into a farm.

3. I thought you were among those happy that the trailer drivers delivering foodstuffs from the north to the southeast had started their strike and blocked that route. You always chant that the north feeds the nation abi? Niger state is in what part of the country again? Jog my memory please

You thought wrong. Niger state does not have better agricultural land than everywhere else in the world. Yet another lamba from Obi. Even the Southern part of Nigeria has better land for agriculture than the North. The North only does better because they have more land(this is common knowledge, not something Obi just discovered for his lapdogs). Their economy is also mainly primary compared to the South. In other words, they have more farmers, so automatically they will produce more food except there is mechanized farming in the South or we go backwards like Buhari has been clamouring for(which unfortunately is also Obi's masterplan) and we all become farmers.

4. Anambra had enough food to share and consume to the extent that there was no recorded situation of a famine in his state during his regime and Obi generated enough cash from his state’s recourses to be able to leave billions behind for his successor which had never been done before in the history of the country

Thais is contradictory if we go by your first sentence in 1 that said Anambra is hungry, except of course your words are meaningless. Now let me school you a bit about agriculture and about the Netherlands. Netherlands aka Holland means LOW LANDS. It is situated in a plain lowland close to sea level and having a vast coastline. It is not a landlocked area like Niger state primarily is when compared.
You don't just wake up like a drunkard and start comparing landmass to use to judge agriculture and IGR from agriculture. Just a SIMPLE cursory look at the factors will help a wise person. Obi as common is a very poor judge and lacks discretion. Netherlands is about half of Niger state but has over 3 times the population of Niger state(a very densely populated country). So again, it is not about the size of land available for farming.
Like i mentioned, they have low land and flat land which is favourable for agriculture. Niger state has a different topography. Netherlands has fertile soil and mild climate, Niger state does not. Niger state has a hot climate characterized by very high temperatures year-round; a long, intense dry season.
Netherland employs intensive farming and they are very innovative. You don't even know what that is, but suffice to say that we practice mostly extensive farming in Nigeria. Finally, not to kill you with knowledge and truth than you can take, Netherlands is coastal and very close[location factor] to countries like the UK(England, Wales, Scotland and co), Germany, Belgium and other parts of Europe. They export food to them. Do you dream that the UK and Germany will buy your Niger State produce ahead of Holland for the same price? These are some few factors Obi and his fan boys must think about instead of spewing out numbers like a malfunctioning robot.

So my unfortunate urchin, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you . . . blah blah blah cool

Get wisdom and help, name caling is a top indicator of immaturity, a lack of wisdom and someone in an abusive/unpleasant relationship.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Image123(m): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2023
occfx:

Bro there was no civil war in the east before 2015. APC started the Civil War and its spreading like wild fire. Don't encourage it else it will hit your side soon.

Why do people like to lie to themselves like this? APC is the cause of your civil war? You forgot to mention Lamidi Kanu, Ekpa and all the leaders of the East who have kept silence and refused to condemn IPOBic actions either due to fear or because they silently want it. Where is Obi Ezeks, where is NOI, where are all the major men and leaders in the East? Mute, dumb, thinking they are hurting Buhari. No worry, you will still blame Messi or Ronaldo, or even Pele.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by occfx: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2023
Image123:

Why do people like to lie to themselves like this? APC is the cause of your civil war? You forgot to mention Lamidi Kanu, Ekpa and all the leaders of the East who have kept silence and refused to condemn IPOBic actions either due to fear or because they silently want it. Where is Obi Ezeks, where is NOI, where are all the major men and leaders in the East? Mute, dumb, thinking they are hurting Buhari. No worry, you will still blame Messi or Ronaldo, or even Pele.

It's OK, I thought you are normal person. Please, don't make the mistake of voting the wrong candidate. Vote Peter Obi
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Image123(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2023
occfx:

It's OK, I thought you are normal person. Please, don't make the mistake of voting the wrong candidate. Vote Peter Obi

Yeah, a normal person will blame APC and Tinubu right?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Conner44: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
truthsayer009:

1996 to 1998 was a long time ago but I knew how people rejoiced as if we had escaped slavery. I was in primary school school when the news broke out around 10AM and the school was closed for throughout that week just to celebrate. Tyranny is a far higher evil than mismanagement of funds or economy. Back then if we had Nairaland, Abacha would be arresting us based on our comments. Bro it's not as sweet as you think it is.

The only reason why there was widespread jubilation in the country when abacha’s died was simply because he was a murderous dictator who never listened to any other counsel or gave anybody else a chance. Yes Nigeria was not at its best at the time but it was also not at its worst.

Abacha kept the prices of food and fuel low and there was infrastructural developments going on. People were not happy because the only corruption going on was under his belt and he allowed nobody else to benefit from it like he did that’s why till today you still hear of ‘Abacha’s loot’ being returned to the country in tranches from other countries.

For the record. . . abacha’s regime was 10X far better than this Buhari’s regime of today
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Conner44: 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
Image123:

In Obi's context, he thinks Taraba is hungry and others are not. While Taraba is poor like almost all of Nigeria that depends on FG, Taraba is not more hungry than most of the others. There is a lot of food and cheap food too in Taraba if you have been there or know about the state. The major occupation of the people of Taraba state is agriculture. Anambra is hungry like you accepted despite having Obi as governor for 8 years. So why should Nigeria employ such a failure? Do we want to continue in hunger decades after Obi, or we would rather go higher and higher like Lagos after Tinubu.

Lol, Obi clearly has no idea but is just talking like the average people talk while playing draughts. He thinks agriculture is all about having lnd, lol. He lied yet again that Niger state is 2.5 times of the Netherlands which is incorrect. While Niger state is larger than the Netherlands, it is not up to 2 times of the Netherlands.
At least, we know tht Buhari has farm with about 8 cows or so cheesy cheesy We do not know of Obi's experience with farms that makes him want to turn a state with millions of people in it into a farm.

You thought wrong. Niger state does not have better agricultural land than everywhere else in the world. Yet another lamba from Obi. Even the Southern part of Nigeria has better land for agriculture than the North. The North only does better because they have more land(this is common knowledge, not something Obi just discovered for his lapdogs). Their economy is also mainly primary compared to the South. In other words, they have more farmers, so automatically they will produce more food except there is mechanized farming in the South or we go backwards like Buhari has been clamouring for(which unfortunately is also Obi's masterplan) and we all become farmers.

Thais is contradictory if we go by your first sentence in 1 that said Anambra is hungry, except of course your words are meaningless. Now let me school you a bit about agriculture and about the Netherlands. Netherlands aka Holland means LOW LANDS. It is situated in a plain lowland close to sea level and having a vast coastline. It is not a landlocked area like Niger state primarily is when compared.
You don't just wake up like a drunkard and start comparing landmass to use to judge agriculture and IGR from agriculture. Just a SIMPLE cursory look at the factors will help a wise person. Obi as common is a very poor judge and lacks discretion. Netherlands is about half of Niger state but has over 3 times the population of Niger state(a very densely populated country). So again, it is not about the size of land available for farming.
Like i mentioned, they have low land and flat land which is favourable for agriculture. Niger state has a different topography. Netherlands has fertile soil and mild climate, Niger state does not. Niger state has a hot climate characterized by very high temperatures year-round; a long, intense dry season.
Netherland employs intensive farming and they are very innovative. You don't even know what that is, but suffice to say that we practice mostly extensive farming in Nigeria. Finally, not to kill you with knowledge and truth than you can take, Netherlands is coastal and very close[location factor] to countries like the UK(England, Wales, Scotland and co), Germany, Belgium and other parts of Europe. They export food to them. Do you dream that the UK and Germany will buy your Niger State produce ahead of Holland for the same price? These are some few factors Obi and his fan boys must think about instead of spewing out numbers like a malfunctioning robot.

Get wisdom and help, name caling is a top indicator of immaturity, a lack of wisdom and someone in an abusive/unpleasant relationship.

Wait oh shocked so after reading all my simple explanations above you decided to sit down and compose the above epistle to justify your urchinhood ? Don’t you see that you just mirrored my own explanations albeit with more sentences?

Chai! Truly anybody that supports APC and it’s tinubu are not okay upstairs indeed cry

urchin PEACE . . . be still angry
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2023
Conner44:

Wait oh shocked so after reading all my simple explanations above you decided to sit down and compose the above epistle to justify your urchinhood ? Don’t you see that you just mirrored my own explanations albeit with more sentences?

Chai! Truly anybody that supports APC and it’s tinubu are not okay upstairs indeed cry

urchin PEACE . . . be still angry

Calm down, keep the wailings till after the election. Election is a game of votes and not insults. Watch APC get the votes while i help overlook the insults.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At The Abuja Town Hall Meeting (Video) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
Conner44:

The only reason why there was widespread jubilation in the country when abacha’s died was simply because he was a murderous dictator who never listened to any other counsel or gave anybody else a chance. Yes Nigeria was not at its best at the time but it was also not at its worst.

Abacha kept the prices of food and fuel low and there was infrastructural developments going on. People were not happy because the only corruption going on was under his belt and he allowed nobody else to benefit from it like he did that’s why till today you still hear of ‘Abacha’s loot’ being returned to the country in tranches from other countries.

For the record. . . abacha’s regime was 10X far better than this Buhari’s regime of today

I agree with your points.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Youth Attacked By PDP Thugs In Benue For Criticising Ex-governor Suswan / South West PDP Torn Between VP, National Chairmanship Slots / Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.